OG Kathryn
Champion May 2016

Calling all brides with thin hair!!!! Update

OG Kathryn, on April 15, 2016 at 12:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 50
Saved Save

What did you/are you doing with your hair for the wedding? Pictures from wedding or trial would be great.

I don't have a lot of hair, we mentioned extensions but the stylist said they would be expensive and the clips might show since my hair is so thing.

50 Comments

• tjacob2014
    VIP April 2017
    tjacob2014 ·
    • Flag

I've already posted my trial a lot, but I also have thin hair. Flip ins, or halo style extensions might work for you. They are on a thin invisible wire so they don't show like clips might through thin hair.

My hair stylist used a half set of clip ins, and just kept them in the bottom layers of my hair, that's also an option.

• UnderTheJuneWillows
    VIP June 2016
    UnderTheJuneWillows ·
    • Flag

I wanted 4, small braids that tapered from front to back, where my hair would be down and curled....the braids were too thin, so we went with loose twists, lots of product, and lots of back-combing. The attached picture is the inspiration, but we had to do twists in the trial run instead. Sorry I don't have pics of the trial.

• patches
    Super June 2016
    patches ·
    • Flag

I'm still working on that too, I love the braided hair for a headband but mine is too thin to do. My stylist friend suggested I get the faux ones from Sally's, and do a partial updo with a beachwave to make it appear thicker. She is supposed to come over next weekend for a trial. Mine is too thin for clip in extensions, I've seen the halo type but they are really expensive too.

• Shan
    Devoted June 2016
    Shan ·
    • Flag

Your hairstylist should absolutely be able to make the clip in extensions work for you if that's what you want Smiley sad lol don't listen to her lol. It may take a bit of teasing, or I have all seen the foam "bumps" or "donuts" used to build fullness. Tape in extensions are also a great alternative for thin hair! If done well they should sit very flat against your head as opposed to clips or beads. Let me know if you are looking for some cheap online stores to order from!

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Yeah, ugh. This stinks I cant find anything online that isn't just a messy freaking bun. WTF> I NEED MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAIIIIIRRRRSSSS!

• SaraAndLeeSittingInATree
    Dedicated February 2017
    SaraAndLeeSittingInATree ·
    • Flag

I have thin hair, I'm wearing it down and curled with tape in extensions. Teasing and a good stylist can hide extensions.

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Sure I will look at the website

• patches
    Super June 2016
    patches ·
    • Flag

Inspiration pic

• SoontobeMrsO
    Super May 2016
    SoontobeMrsO ·
    • Flag

A picture from my trial

• Loganna
    Super October 2016
    Loganna ·
    • Flag

I have really thin hair and this post is giving me hope! All of you ladies' hair styles are gorgeous!!!

• LoveInDC
    Master November 2016
    LoveInDC ·
    • Flag

Inspiration pics for me

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·
    • Flag

Are you planning on wearing your hair up or down? I got a blowout for my e-pics and it lasted until I got home that night, so about 5 hours.

I wore my hair up for the wedding because I didn't want my hair to get all sweaty. I didn't have any extensions and it looked close enough to what I was going for. The things I would have changed were things I didn't explain very well in the first place.

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

Down but again, I can tell you have ALOT more hair then me. :o(

• Reese
    Master July 2015
    Reese ·
    • Flag

I promise my hair is reallllly thin. Here is today's hair for reference.

Blowouts are everything!

ETA: Unless you mean length-wise. My hair was a lot longer before the wedding.

• A&G
    Master August 2014
    A&G ·
    • Flag

Talk to and trust your hair stylist. I did. I have stupid this hair... most hair clips and elastics don't even stay in my hair. I grew it long so that I could have it in an updo for my wedding and my hair stylist did an AMAZING job! My hair looked amazing (sorry no pictures atm). Talk to them and trust they will make you look wonderful.

• BookcaseHat
    Master July 2017
    BookcaseHat ·
    • Flag

Reese - I LOVE your wedding hair! Totally pinning this picture. SO gorgeous.

• OG Kathryn
    Champion May 2016
    OG Kathryn ·
    • Flag

I meant up!!!! I will look for a pic.

• M
    Expert September 2016
    MRSFG ·
    • Flag

A half of wig. Your hair is out on the top and front and you just brush it back over the wig and your hair blends in with it giving you a fuller look.

• C
    Expert May 2016
    cakewalk82 ·
    • Flag

I have very fine hair but a $100 pair of extensions from Sally's is absolutely worth investing in. And ask your stylist for lots of body at the crown. If any clips are visible maybe you can hide with your hair accessory? Here's me in the middle with my fine hair.

• C
    Expert May 2016
    cakewalk82 ·
    • Flag

Extensions!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics