Ashlyn
Dedicated April 2018

Cake costs!?

Ashlyn, on June 19, 2017 at 10:40 PM Posted in Planning 0 71
Saved Save

So I am really curious about everyone's costs of their cake. I plan on doing about 150 cupcakes with 6 different flavors. Along with that I plan to have a little 6 inch cake to cut. Waiting to hear back for some bids... so what is your cake costs?

71 Comments

• Jaxz
    Devoted September 2018
    Jaxz ·
    • Flag

I'm starting to think I found a great deal with our baker... We're paying less than $2 per serving for out semi naked cake.

• Chelsea
    VIP September 2017
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

Mine is about the exact same as yours but four flavors with a small gluten free batch. $420 with delivery, cake stands/decor, and tear down at the end of the night!

• S
    Just Said Yes December 2017
    Shelly ·
    • Flag

4 tier for 200 people, 3 different flavors, chiffon cake with a light butter cream, gold fondant decorations around the cake, cake stand with set up and delivery for $650

• Erin
    Expert July 2017
    Erin ·
    • Flag

We're doing a two-tier cake with 200 gourmet cupcakes, with delivery it's about $650

• Ms. B --> Mrs. L
    Super June 2017
    Ms. B --> Mrs. L ·
    • Flag

We got mini cupcakes for $20/dz. We ordered 18 dz cupcakes and a 3 tier cake for $630 including delivery and set up.

• Yoomie
    VIP October 2018
    Yoomie ·
    • Flag

I am doing something similar - 200 cupcakes (five different flavors and icing) with a 6" topper for $1.75/cupcake. Under $500 with all that, a 9" grooms cake with fondant, and delivery and set-up (on a six tier stand, rental from baker) day-of. I lucked out when I found this start-up. Most of the established bakeries in the area (DC) charge $3/cupcake.

• DesertPolarBear
    Expert December 2017
    DesertPolarBear ·
    • Flag

3 tier for 100 people - $555 with delivery. Our area pricing seemed to be $4-8/slice

• Staci
    Just Said Yes November 2018
    Staci ·
    • Flag

My sister did the same with cupcakes and it was a hit!! Barely had any leftover and everyone loved the flavor options. Don't do cake, stick with cupcakes

• Kathleen
    VIP September 2017
    Kathleen ·
    • Flag

Ours is 4 tiers for around 160 people. Somewhere around $600

• Christine Lynn
    Super September 2017
    Christine Lynn ·
    • Flag

312 mini cupcakes (because 312 is cheaper then 300 where we are using) and a top tier will be just around $300 plus whatever tax and delivery charges there will be.

• V2O
    VIP January 2018
    V2O ·
    • Flag

We're having a 3 tier semi-naked cake, a groom's cake that will be huge and 8 dozen cupcakes all for roughly $900

• Zoe
    Devoted November 2017
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

We are doing a 4"/6"/8" 3-tier cake, a 6" grooms cake (I'm surprising fh with it!), and sheet cake to be kept in the back for the rest. It ends up serving 150 ish for 450$

• SarahKay
    Super July 2017
    SarahKay ·
    • Flag

Wow we must have gotten a deal! Lol we are having 100 cupcakes and an 8in cutting cake with delivery and set up for $175.

• K
    Dedicated July 2017
    Kaeli ·
    • Flag

We are paying $2.50/cupcake. But I've been concerned about how many to order! What do you guys suggest serving wise for cupcakes? (We are having 95 ppl)

• Chelsea
    VIP September 2017
    Chelsea ·
    • Flag

I think my baker said 1.5 servings pp? Your baker should have a good idea @kaeli.

• Ali
    Savvy September 2017
    Ali ·
    • Flag

The bakery I'm using is $3.75 a slice for tier cakes. Or $.90 per cupcake. Free delivery and set up within 25 miles, after that it is $.50 per mile! Smiley smile

• ambrok
    Master October 2017
    ambrok ·
    • Flag

Ours is about $3.15 per slice/person.

• Melaina
    Super November 2017
    Melaina ·
    • Flag

Definitely depends on the area and your choice of Bakery. I'm getting mine from Sam's club and the tiered cake for 66 people is $65 and I'm paying $15ish per 30 cupcakes for the rest of my guests.

• TheeOne2Love
    VIP December 2017
    TheeOne2Love ·
    • Flag

4 tiers minimum 150 ppl $575 includes delivery

• P
    VIP October 2017
    P ·
    • Flag

3-tier cake for about 120 people for $6/slice. Nothing fancy but freakin delicious.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics