Private User
Just Said Yes August 2017

Buying Bulk Flowers

Private User, on March 23, 2016 at 6:24 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 9
Saved Save

I was thinking about ordering bulk flowers and making my centerpieces and bouquets by myself (with extensive help from friends/family). I was just wondering if anyone has experience with this and if so, how you went about doing it? Where are good places to do this? Anything you wish you did differently?

9 Comments

• -R-
    Super September 2016
    -R- ·
    • Flag

I wouldn't do this with fresh flowers because you probably don't have the refrigerated storage space to keep your flowers nice.

Fake flowers are easy - even Dollar Tree does online bulk ordering for silk flowers (I'd probably use them as filler flowers instead of the main ones.

• sara
    Devoted May 2017
    sara ·
    • Flag

Yeah for real flowers! Not all flowers need to be refrigerated. I have no advice for you really, I am just happy to see someone using real flowers instead of faux.

Pick whichever helpers house has the most counter space to put things together at.

• Tina
    Super September 2016
    Tina ·
    • Flag

I'll be going with Sam's Club or globalrose.com for my flowers

• Private User
    Just Said Yes August 2017
    Private User ·
    • Flag

Thank you all for your responses! i really appreciate it ladies Smiley smile thanks for the heads up about who you're going with Tina!

• Rebecca
    Master November 2015
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I bought flowers from Sam's Club and did my own centerpieces. I hired a florist to do the altar arrangements and bouquets. I had the flowers delivered three days before and did the arrangements the following day once the flowers had hydrated and opened up. The day before I just changed out the water to keep them fresh and delivered them to the venue. It's very cost effective; I spent about $300 for vases and flowers for over 20 centerpieces.

A few things to consider: somebody has to available to sign for the flowers and put them in water right away, so don't attempt it unless you'll be off work. Also, just in general, it's best to only take on projects you can take on yourself. If you have family and friends who offer and are able, that's great, but arranging flowers isn't everyone's cup of tea and that's OK. Also transporting them can be kind of hard so make sure you have some box lids and plenty of car space.

• christine
    Beginner December 2016
    christine ·
    • Flag

If you want silk flowers, I bought my flowers really inexpensive through DHgate.

• L
    Dedicated September 2016
    Lauryn ·
    • Flag

@christine I've been looking at those but find it so hard to tell. Can you post a picture of yours?

• Colleen
    Devoted September 2016
    Colleen ·
    • Flag

I'm ordering bulk hydrangeas from Sams. They have excellent reviews. I seriously read through 89 pages! And their price is great too. I'm ordering one set of 30 for 66.00 soon to do a test run.

• Kaitlyn
    Savvy August 2016
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag

Costco!!! So cheap

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics