Arlene
Devoted March 2020

2020 brides

Arlene, on December 13, 2018 at 1:08 PM Posted in Planning 0 11
Saved Save

Hi Brides to be!

Anyone else take a pause in planning? We are February 2020 and we have taken a long pause to enjoy the holidays and my FH husband birthday right after New Years. We want to enjoy the holidays financially and not focus on wedding spending and come February we are going full throttle for the wedding.

There just has been to much going on. It feels good to breathe and relax as well

11 Comments

• Ashley
    Dedicated April 2020
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    Basically that's where we are too. It will pick back up late January.
  • Holly
    Devoted June 2020
    Holly ·
    • Flag

Same here. Our wedding is June 2020 and so far all we have is the date picked and the venue booked. The last thing before the holidays I was researching was catering...that gave me a huge headache so I had to take a break.

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes a break is definitely needed!

• Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yes same here enjoy the break!

• Caitlin
    Dedicated November 2019
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

Definitely! I have a few of the big things (venue, dress is ordered, parts to the centerpieces) but now just putting everything on hold until after the new year. Enjoy the holidays Smiley smile

• Alisha
    Dedicated November 2020
    Alisha ·
    • Flag

March 2020 here and I am taking a small break from planning too. I already have my dress paid off (comes in January 4th) and we booked our venue, but everything else is on hold until the end of January. That way I figure I will have a clearer head as opposed to now when I am trying to focus on the Xmas and the New Year! Smiley smile Happy Holidays & Happy Planning!

• Hummingbird
    Dedicated January 2020
    Hummingbird ·
    • Flag
    Other than getting some good cyber Monday deals for the wedding, we took a break. Plus the transportation and hotel that we want to book said we have to wait a year out anyway. It’s nice to just relax and enjoy the holidays. We’re getting married 1/11/20! ❤️
  • J
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I did that over the summer. It was a much needed break since our date isn't until 10/2019. Luckily, just about everything is done.
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

This was us last year! At Christmas we still had about a year until the wedding so we took a break from planning to focus on the holidays and our families. This year we have to do both, lol, but its exciting!

• Kelly
    Legend October 2022
    Kelly ·
    • Flag

Hey Arlene! I think that's a great idea, sometimes you need to take some time away from it and just enjoy being engaged! Enjoy this time off, Happy Holidays!! Smiley smile

• Kyleah
    Super March 2020
    Kyleah ·
    • Flag

We took a pause as well! Everything will resume this Saturday when I go dress shopping!

Then every month I'll start purchasing décor for the wedding and getting everything all squared away! I'm so excited that tomorrow I finally get to say "We're getting married next March" instead of "March of 2020, no not next March, the March after next" lol.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics