Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

65 Reviews for XLS Entertainment

Liability Insurance (2)
Disco Ball (2)
Projector (2)
61 XLS Entertainment Reviews

They were phenomenal. Their online system made it easy to give them all details on the wedding without back and forth over email or on phone. The party that night was amazing in LARGE part due to their services. They kept the party going, putting on the perfect music that kept our dance floor full the entire night. They were also accommodating when myself or the bride had requests for the next song. Could not more highly recommend.

Profile Picture James, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

XLS Entertainment staff were extremely professional and did an excellent job playing music that fit our taste. They kept the ceremony and reception running smoothly and were very accommodating and personable. I would recommend them to a friend.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We enjoyed working with Robert and Ira. They responded promptly to inquiries and subsequent emails. They listened to what music we wanted on our wedding and they kept that dance floor lively! They also did a great job with the up lighting and monogram. We definitely recommend XLS to future couples!

Profile Picture Jasmin, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down the most fun wedding dance party I've been to! Ira delivered exactly the experience that we wanted. He was professional, responsive, and friendly.

The best part about working with Ira was his ability to read the crowd. He could tell exactly what type of music to play to keep the majority of our wedding guests on the dance floor all night. This required a high level of skill because we had guest with various taste in music and Ira delivered! If you're considering XLS I say go for it 100%!

Profile Picture Jen, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ira was the most amazing DJ! Myself, my husband, and all our friends and family absolutely loved him. He did an amazing job. He had everyone on the dance floor all night long!

Profile Picture Caitlyn , 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our DJ was very accommodating and played the songs that we want him to play. I had some non-english songs that I wanted to play and he played without a problem

Profile Picture Buddhika, 6/25/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Excellent service and selection of music. XLS really read the crowd and kept the party going. Fantastic job.

Profile Picture User6294365, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC

Great experience! Affordable and flexible. Very accommodating. Great mix of music.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/21/17, 5 Reviews

Awesome dj
Everyone had a blast!

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/19/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

XLS took care of both the wedding and the reception and did a phenomenal job!!! The wedding was outdoors and it was such a relief to not have to worry about acoustics in this unique setting. And of course the music selections at the reception were crowd pleasers! We would definitely recommend them. The are truly an all inclusive dj service.

Profile Picture Pam, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

The services provided were top of the line and by having XLS Entertainment you will not have to worry about anything! They will have it covered for you! The sound is fantastic and the services exceptional. You will not be disappointed at all with their work. So many of the guests mentioned how much they enjoyed the music and dancing. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture User7913850, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

They were professional and prompt. Our guests were on the dance floor all night. The cloud effect for first dance was a big hit.

Profile Picture Tiffani, 1/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Truly incredible! Ira listened to what my husband and I wanted and was absolutely professional at all times. I would highly recommend XLS Entertainment for any event!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/12/16, 1 Review
4.7

XLS was a dream to work with! They were very accommodating and willing to do work to make things go exactly as we wanted. My advice would be to give them some dancing songs that you definitely want and definitely do not want to be on the list and let them do the rest. They are really good at reading the crowd to make sure your guests are enjoying your day as much as you, which makes it all the better! Special requests on songs, mixes, lighting, timing for events - everything met and exceeded expectations! Thank you XLS!!

Profile Picture User6795376, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting
4.7

Ira was so nice and easy to work with! He was always available to speak on the phone or over email to answer questions and help make our wedding day dreams a reality. His emceeing style is not over the top but is still fun and will keep your party going. On top of all of this, XLS is the best value we could imagine! Thank you Ira and XLS!

Profile Picture User4897695, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day
3.4

If you have specific music or songs you want played, make sure to get commitment that they'll be played - I didn't ask for specifics so I really didn't get what we wanted. I wanted the music to reflect the diversity of the attendees, but it instead catered to a specific genre or group, which may have turned off a large portion of our overall group. I personally liked the music, but according to our surveys, most people did not. PS - it was a company event, not a wedding.

Profile Picture Carl, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

These guys are the best local business find in RVA. They actually were hired to DJ my brother's wedding in Charlottesville & once my fiancé and I saw just how much passion they had for their work, we knew we wanted to hire them once your wedding planning came around. They take the time to get to know their clients, to know the couple & to bring the entire evening to life. I had many people come up to me at my reception & rave about how great the music and lighting were. From our eclectic music style (everything from country to rock) and even being anti- group dance song people (I know, we're weird), they pulled out all of the stops and truly made my evening memorable.

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Everyone complimented the music very highly! If your wedding is outdoors and you have cornhole, the uplighting used under the boards was very fun and different. Loved the vibe they created and the advice they gave us, "If you are out dancing your guests will be too."

Profile Picture Megan, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Ira did a fantastic job DJing our wedding. My husband and I really liked that we could communicate all of our relevant information through a Wedding Wire portal, and he was also very responsive via email. We had some very specific song choices for certain segments of our day (e.g. the processional, father-bride dance) and he helped us get on the same page with the right tracks. He obviously very carefully read our notes on the portal and was AWESOME for the big day. He is not your typical wedding DJ - he is truly a DJ and knows how to mix. All of our guests LOVED our playlist and we had a blast on the dance floor. He was also great at going with the flow (we allowed for more time at dinner, so slightly less time for dancing) and was great at taking the cue from me when we were ready to get the music going. He was also incredibly professional and on point when it came to Emcee-ing our big day. No stereotypical wedding DJ behavior at all, and no corniness at all, haha. Overall, XLS is an EXTREMELY great value for high-quality services. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a DJ for their wedding.

Profile Picture Gabriella, 6/11/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

Great DJ and great service and easy to work with. We would recommend.

Profile Picture User4189113, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you looking for a great time and your guest on the dance floor all night long... XLS Entertainment is right choice!! They made our wedding day so much fun!! Our guest had a great time and we did not have an empty dance floor the entire night. Highly Recommended!!

Profile Picture shinea, 5/14/16, 1 Review
3.6

Paul and I spent hours planning our music. There were several long awkward pauses where no music was playing. We felt as if this were your first time doing an event. You also embarrassed us when we overheard you ask our guests how to pronounce Paul's last name, when he sent this to you in an email and even spelled it out for annunciation. Shame on you!! We sent a playlist with all the songs we wanted played. Not only did you NOT play the songs we wanted, you played club songs, in which several of our guests became offended and left. We had several people ask us if we chose this music, when this was supposed to be an 80's party. You asked us several times if "everything was going ok?", but of course, I am not going to interrupt my wedding or tell you exactly how I am feeling in the middle of my guests. Yes, you dressed professional and showed up on time, but otherwise we were very disappointed.

Profile Picture Erin, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Ira was very flexible and easy to work with! Had our guests dancing in minutes! His lighting was gorgeous and everything we requested was wonderful. I would hire him again and suggest him to others. Great DJ!

Profile Picture Blair, 4/2/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

The DJ in training did an excellent job. The only advice I would offer is to trust your musical instinct. Although there were requests made, the music selection by the DJ was on point! Everyone had a ball!

Profile Picture Sean, 3/19/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

These guys are great!! I would have liked to be succinct and leave a 5/5 review and say "These guys are great," but wedding wire tells me I need at least 30 characters. In hindsight, I probably should've just put like 10 more exclamations, because these guys were awesome. Couldn't have asked for better.

Profile Picture Michael, 3/19/16, 1 Review