Winter Park Farmer's Market Reviews

Winter Park Farmer's Market 5
Winter Park Farmer's Market 6
Winter Park Farmer's Market 7

Elsie · Married on 03/02/2019

Great venue for the price

This is the best bang-for-your-buck venue in the central Florida region. I booked this venue about 15 months out since I read that this venue books up quick. Anyone who has their heart set on this venue, let me tell you, it's worth the wait. I loved how the ceremony and reception were all in the same location; we didn't have to worry about guest transportation whatsoever. Janna was a major help in ensuring I had all my needs taken care of. The day-of employee was friendly and let me hide in the office before the ceremony. Overall, money well spent!

Sent on 03/08/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/17/2018

Absolutely perfect!

The Winter Park Farmers Market was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding! The old brick train station is such a unique location right in Downtown Winter Park. Such a beautiful setting in a beautiful town. Tables, chairs, and lighting are included which was a plus. There was plenty of room for our crowd and the patio was a great space for our bar and for people to mingle. I can’t say enough about the Farmers’ Market and about the friendliness and professionalism of the staff at the City of Winter Park.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Michelle · Married on 12/16/2017

We chose Winter Park Farmers Market for our wedding reception and couldn't have been happier. We fell in love with the space instantly and knew it would make the perfect backdrop to our vintage travel themed wedding. When it came down to reserving the space, we found out we weren't the only couple in love with it. There was a wait of a year and a half! We could have picked a date only a year out but it would have been August and we were not interested in sweating, knowing that the ceremony would be outside. We decided to wait and ended up having a December wedding even though we were originally thinking October. No worries though, it ended up being the perfect day and the perfect weather and the perfect venue. We loved how everything came together and how awesome the space was. We also loved how we didn't have any restrictions on vendors. The only real restriction was no burlap but fear not, there is a linen company that has an alternative. Look up Brass Pin in Apopka if you are interested in that look. If you are looking for a great venue with an awesome vintage, unique feel, this is definitely the place.

Sent on 02/11/2018
    Winter Park Farmer's Market 12
    Winter Park Farmer's Market 13
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 12/10/2017

Winter Park Farmers Market was the perfect venue for our wedding. Management and staff members were very open and accommodating; this well-managed venue was set up on time and provided the perfect backdrop for the event!

Sent on 01/25/2018
    Winter Park Farmer's Market 14
    Winter Park Farmer's Market 15
    Winter Park Farmer's Market 16
  • Chelsie

Chelsie · Married on 02/19/2017

This was the perfect reception venue! It was so easy to work with Janet through the City of Winter Park leading up the event and the day of I couldn't have asked for more. A gorgeous place that creates a fun atmosphere. I would HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 03/06/2017
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 01/20/2017

The venue was the perfect space for our wedding! We had roughly 100 guests and loved that tables and chairs were included. Just be aware, the venue does book well in advance! They allow outside vendors, which offered great flexibility. Nearly all our other vendors had worked events at the venue before, so this made for a seamless night!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Amy · Married on 01/06/2017

This place is beautiful! They have a gorgeous patio for a ceremony and a huge indoor space for dancing and seating. You do have to find your own vendors for everything, but it is worth every penny, and it was definitely inexpensive compared to other spaces we saw! The aesthetics of the space is gorgeous.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Matthew · Married on 12/03/2016

Best.decision.ever.

Had the reception here and the ceremony off-site. The space is an old train station and is BEAUTIFUL. It is run by the city of Winter Park so it is one of the most inexpensive reception sites in Central FL and is super flexible. You can choose any caterer, bring your own liquor and they have tables and chairs there (chairs are kinda ugly so we rented but were told they were buying new ones).

The only negative is that this place is booked well in advance. You probably need to book at least a year in advance for fall/winter weddings. Other than that the staff is helpful and the venue was an absolute knockout for us and our guests.

Sent on 12/31/2016

Every single person I worked with were great!! The venue was absolutely beautiful! You don't need much decor because the building speaks for itself...my guests loved the simplicity of everything.

Sent on 12/12/2016

We loved our venue. The history of the building speaks for itself. Don't worry too much about decorating, it's an absolutely gorgeous setting with the brick and hanging lights. The staff was communicative and easy going. They will set the chairs and tables up for you.

However, if you are dead set on a rustic theme with burlap, you may want to reconsider. The venue is strict about no burlap.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Melanie · Married on 12/30/2015

I loved this venue and the endless possibilities. With all the character the space has and the garden lights from the ceiling there is no need to over decorate. Winter park is just beautiful. Everyone that I interacted with through the City of Winter Park was extremely helpful. They truly wanted to make sure our day was absolutely perfect. Some many people commented on how wonderful the venue was and they truly enjoyed the night.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/19/2014

The folks over at City of Winter Park are absolute GEMS. They were so sweet and helpful over the phone with the (many) questions I had for them regarding the venue throughout the year I had them booked. As for the venue itself, it's just gorgeous. The hanging light bulbs look incredible in photos and it lends itself to really any theming and color scheme you choose for your event. Our day was so special and beautiful and the venue fit our needs perfectly!

Sent on 11/06/2014

Brenna · Married on 09/07/2014

We could not have been happier having our wedding reception at the Farmer's Market. It is such a gorgeous venue - not much need for any decorations, it is beautiful all on its own! It was more than enough room for my 100 guests and even had a large dance floor. Everyone of my guests commented on how gorgeous the venue was! I highly recommend using this for a reception or ceremony. We did a sparkler exit, but was told that evening it was not allowed by one of the winter park employees - we were told previously it was not a problem. So if you do plan to do sparklers be sure to check on it beforehand. We still did the exit and haven't had any issues though!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Loved my reception site! They worked 1-on-1 with my wedding planner and coordinator. I was so happy I just wish they allowed for later night use.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Katie · Married on 09/16/2012

Loved this venue! It was perfect for a wedding reception. The staff always responded to my emails quickly and answered questions. They also accommodated all the date changes I made while trying to decide on a day! The lights inside add a sweet ambiance. I just had my reception here. The ceremony was held at a church. Make sure you check with the venue regarding decorations. They have guidelines regarding candles.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Amy · Married on 06/09/2012

This was a great venue for the price. They let you use your own caterer and bring your own alcohol which helps save money. We got a lot of compliments from our guests on the unique venue. We originally planned on having our ceremony at a nearby garden but it began pouring an hour before our wedding. We were able to call the staff at the WPFM and they set up chairs on the covered patio so that we could have our ceremony there.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Kevan · Married on 10/28/2011

I had a low budget DIY wedding and the Farmers Market was the perfect place for this. First of all it's a beautiful venue with a lot of character for a low price. Being owned by the city keeps the price down and if you're considering it I suggest you act fast because I booked my date 15 months in advance and someone took my original date only the day before I called. We had the ceremony and cocktail hour on the porch and the reception inside. Since everything is in one spot it makes it a lot easier for the DIY bride and I think hiring a DOC is not necessary. If you do have a lot of set up i would suggest buying an extra hour (normal rental is from 4-12), I had a lot but we made it work (it was a little stressful though). the switch over from ceremony to cocktail hour was a bit confusing for guests i think, make sure you have a plan and people to execute it for you. My plan was that everyone would follow us off the porch to the surrounding area while friends cleared the chairs. People didn't catch on and started moving the chairs themselves until we made an announcement. Over all it was an amazing space and everyone gave me a lot of compliments. Working with the facility was easy too, they returned e-mails and phone calls promptly and on the day of our site manager was very helpful (he dimmed the lights on request and sprang into action when I told him I need to add 2 charis).

Sent on 11/15/2011

Jamie · Married on 04/09/2011

If I could give a 10 for value for cost I would absolutely give it! This is such a unique venue and fit our personalities so much better than a golf course or hotel venue. This is one of the only places we found in Orlando that let us use our own caterer which was huge to us since we wouldn't be locked into those oh you are using abc location that means your only option for food is xyz and they will charge you a ridiculous amount because you HAVE to use them.

Beware a Saturday wedding might take over a year for a free weekend, but TOTALLY worth the wait:)

It also worked really good for our 90 person guest list. Too many more than that and it would have felt really crowded.

Sent on 04/26/2011
  • StephanaFerrell

Stephana · Married on 04/02/2011

This venue was perfect for our "Citrus/Vintage Florida" themed wedding and we loved the new hanging lights inside!

Sent on 04/16/2011
  • Z

Soraya · Married on 02/27/2011

If I could give six stars for quality service and value I would. There's a reason why this place is so popular - your guests will LOVE the unique vibe, and the staff is top notch. Janet and Cindy at the City of Winter Park are very sweet and accommodating.

Sent on 03/20/2011

caroline · Married on 12/04/2010

Absoluetly Amazing!

Sent on 02/11/2011
  • jodi

jodi · Married on 10/01/2010

We had our reception at the WPFM and it was awesome! The ladies in the WP Civic Center who make all the reservations for the WPFM were so flexible. I changed the time I wanted the rental to start 3 times and they were so accommodating. The Farmer's Market just had a little renovation work done and it looked great. It has the rustic brick walls and concrete floor that are amazing. In the renovation, they put a fresh coat of paint on all painted surfaces, added ceiling fans and totally revamped the bathrooms w/ granite countertops. It is a great place to have a reception that will have your guests talking in a very good way; it’s got a uniqueness that you won’t find a hotel ballroom.

Sent on 10/04/2010
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2010

Awesome site and everyone I spoke to with the City of Winter Park (in reference to this location) was super nice and helpful!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Katie · Married on 05/28/2017

Love love love this venue! The space is beautiful and it is located in the heart of Winter Park! The staff is extremely nice. This venue is a dream for DIY brides or brides that hire planners.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Allison · Married on 05/17/2014

Absolutely beautiful and unique venue! They were very clear on all contract terms (what you can/cant bring, what you can/cant hang, etc) so there were never any surprises. I was overall very pleased and would use them again! I gave professionalism a 4.5/5 because there was a misunderstanding the first time I wanted to tour the venue and we ended up waiting over an hour for someone to come show us around and had to tour with another couple. Also, when I sent in my first payment I never received confirmation and then was made to feel like a burden when asking for one. Overall, though, everyone I interacted with was very pleasant and helpful! Keep in mind that you rent the venue by the hour so if you want to be able to set up early, you have to pay for that time!

Sent on 10/12/2015