36 Reviews for Verandas Beach House, Manhattan Beach

Outside Alcohol (1)
Valet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
36 Verandas Beach House, Manhattan Beach Reviews

The venue is beyond expectations!! Angie our coordinator was easy to work with and did an excellent job of putting everything together as we envisioned. The staff is professional and provides fantastic service. We received so many compliments from our guests about how beautiful the venue was, how great the food was, and how much fun they had. I highly recommend Verandas!

Profile Picture Kari, 5/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my dream wedding here! Absolutely the best choice to have an amazing wedding! Angie was awesome at answering all my questions. She is a wonderful planner and the event went flawless! She responded quickly to all my e-mails and any changes I needed to make. Meredith was the best bartender and super friendly. She calmed me down before I walked down the aisle when I got a case of the jitters! The food was delicious! My guests are still talking about it! I like to call this place a little piece of heaven :-)

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I LOVED this venue! We were looking for a nice beach location and this was the place. We had our ceremony outside, cocktails upstairs and dinner downstairs. It was great having everything in one location but in separate areas. Angie really made the flow of the ceremony and reception run so smoothly. Many of our guests complimented the great flow, service and food. I highly recommend this venue - and contact Angie!

Profile Picture Grace, 7/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Parking, Valet, Wheelchair Access, Outside Cake, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Alcohol

Verandas was such an easy choice for us, and we are so, so glad we decided to have our wedding there. It’s hard to say which part of this venue is the best. The food was wonderful, the outdoor ceremony area was gorgeous, the weather was amazing and the staff were phenomenal.

The staff at Verandas play a very large part in how happy I was with the whole planning process and how smoothly everything went the day of. We could not have done it without them. Our coordinator, Lauren, is absolutely fabulous at what she does and was so personable and wonderful from start to finish. She helped us customize our menu, answered my 7 million questions in a very timely fashion, and helped us bring our wedding day vision to life. I don’t think we ever heard her say that something wasn’t doable, and that spirit is exactly what you need when working with brides (and grooms!) Lauren was amazing on the day of the wedding and helped with set up and everything behind the scenes; if anything ever went wrong that day, I wouldn’t have known.

The venue itself is beautiful and just a few blocks from the beach. The outdoor ceremony area is gorgeous and the dining room and upstairs area are spacious and beautiful. They have air conditioning (very important July-October) and a great sound system, multiple bathrooms, and an elevator.

The food! We got to enjoy one of the NYFC tastings, which was really helpful in choosing the food and seeing what the service is like. Wedding food can sometimes be hit or miss, but we were very, very pleased with how the food turned out the day of and many other people complimented it as well.

I have zero complaints about this venue and would highly recommend it, you won’t be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/26/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake, Chairs, Linens, Parking

From the moment we walked into the venue and met with our coordinator Angie, we knew this was the place. We had our ceremony on the beach, and the Verandas House pulled all the permits and set up chairs for our guests. My now husband and I had always wanted a beach wedding, so we were so excited that they provided the "toes in sand" ceremony.

From the moment we starting speaking with the venue to the Sunday we came to get everything after the wedding, we loved working with them. Angie and the whole staff were extremely accommodating and helped us through the whole process. We did not hire an actual wedding planner, so Angie was a great resource to help with planning everything. We also actually ended up using most of their preferred vendors as well. We were having a hard time deciding who to go with, and once we met with their vendors, we knew who we wanted.

The day of the wedding was everything we expected. The team was extremely nice and helpful to not only my husband and I, but also all of our guests. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful the place was and how amazing the lounge is next to the dance floor. You don't realize how many people like to hear the music and not dance, until you see that whole area full! Everything was set up exactly as I had imagined and they truly made our day so special.

We could not have picked a better location and look forward to having another event there one day!

Profile Picture Kayla, 3/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I stepped foot at this venue, I knew it had to be the one. We are not beachy people, but there was just such charm to it and that it was completely different from a typical wedding.
Lauren was our coordinator there and she was so amazing. She went above and beyond what I can ever imagine a venue coordinator to do.
She responded to all my emails in a timely manner and would assure me that I wasn't crazy with all my questions and requests :)
One of the best parts of this venue is that we were able to provide our own alcohol and that we were able to use Food Trucks as our catering which were really important to us!
I had so many DIY things that I was worried about the time I would spend setting everything up. Since we were an off-season wedding, we were able to come in Thursday to set most everything up and then Lauren and her crew finished off everything Saturday before the wedding.
I was a little concerned about space because I had about 225 people come, but the seating for the ceremony was perfect. The inside was a tight squeeze, but we all fit and the venue was just great! Being able to be upstairs and downstairs for different parts was really nice! It made people mingle more which was great.
Lauren and her crew packed up everything for us to pick up the next day which was so incredible. We are definitely coming back for our future vow renewal!

Profile Picture Jenny, 2/21/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Verandas was the perfect venue for our wedding. Angie was a great coordinator and her and our wedding planner took care of everything on our wedding day. The food was AMAZING, we had stations cooked to order, couldn't have been better. Verandas offers a package to bring in your own alcohol, which is a great way to save money. We had signature cocktails and the bartender made the perfectly. There were so many little extra decorations and finishing touches, all taken care of by Angie and our planner. It couldn't have been better. Everything from the lighting, to the linens, to the decor was perfect for us.

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/19/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We are so happy we chose to have our wedding on 9-13-14 at Verandas. Lauren and the staff there made the night perfect. The venue itself is clean, charming, private, great food and well staffed. All the important things are handled in this ideal location. You are blocks from the beach (in fact we took beach photos too) and have a view from the upstairs in the venue. Parking is easy, lighting is done, it is all wired for sound, awesome floor plan to promote dancing and guest involvement, has a bar and has an outdoor ceremony spot with an indoor dining, just what we wanted. Everything was perfect the entire planning process and wedding day except for a tiny cake mishap where they served our top tear accidentally. Aside from this whoops, our wedding day was truly perfect and people loved the venue just as much as we did. We really were happy with Verandas.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/13/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Verandas was a great venue. We worked with Lauren, and she was excellent. Everyone there was always prompt in responding to our questions and very professional. The venue is beautiful as it is, so it doesn't require much decoration. It is very intimate, and we loved having the lounge area upstairs. Overall we had a great time, and I would highly recommend the venue.

Profile Picture Dena, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot imagine a more perfect experience than I had with Verandas! Mike and Verandas are absolutely unbelievably amazing!! I know that our wedding would not have been anywhere near as wonderful as it was if we did not have it at Verandas! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Karen , 9/2/12, 7 Reviews

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING
From the location, to the support personnel, to the food, to the feeling that they really want your wedding to be the best ever.

We worked with Cortney - who is delightful, imaginative and very flexible. Her experience show in her attention to details and ability to listen to what you want and how Verandas can accomodate it.

While the exterior may be a bit offputting - don't be fooled - once you get inside - the venue is wonderful. The ceremony area is perfect and you truly cannot hear the traffic on Rosecrans.

The multi level - non-hotel like - inside was exactly the type of venue we were looking for - you never feel crowded or stuck in one place. This includes the large porch on the second floor (beautiful sunset viewing) and the ceremony areas. We ahd the charis cleared so people could be outside and play bocce ball if they liked.

The food was absolutely amazing - our guests are still talking about everything from the cocktail party to the dinner. This was very important to us and the exceeded our expectations. The serving staff was also very attentive - which can be a challenge at large events - but not here.

I recommend Verandas for every aspect of a venue from the ceremony through dining and dancing.

Profile Picture Nancy, 9/25/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only is the venue spectacular and unique, but the staff is attentive and professional at all times. I loved that we stumbled upon Verandas and were able to spend our reception in a cozy setting that didn't resemble just another hotel's ballroom. I can't say enough about the service we received, as it was above our very high expectations. I wouldn't change a thing about our night at Verandas, except that I wish it hadn't gone by so fast!

Profile Picture claire, 7/18/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Verandas was everything we envisioned for our wedding and more. We still can't think of a more perfect place to have had it. The food is amazing, the staff is attentive and polite, and the wedding coordinators are essential! Lauren was ours and she made the day possible. I love Verandas!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/15/09, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We were so pleased by the exceptional experience we had at Verandas for our wedding that I wish we had another excuse to use their services again!
We organized our wedding from across-the country, but it proved to be a breeze to work with the staff at Verandas.
From the event coordinator, to the food, to the great service from waitstaff, we were so glad that we selected Verandas to have our wedding.

Profile Picture Angela, 4/25/09, 4 Reviews

Profile Picture Angela , 4/25/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just finished our wedding and it turned out beautifully.

Pros:
*Our coordinator, Sara, was awesome; she really made the whole experience run smoothly. She is very experienced and running all over the place to check on everything while the event is going on. I was told at one point there were some people making noise outside and she bolted out to the parking lot to silence them during the ceremony.
*lots of self-parking spaces; at many venues, especially on the westside, you need valet parking and this place has a lot of parking available.
*flexible in catering choices, if you can meet the required minimum
*not the cheapest facility but a good value for the services provided; we had a gourmet five-course meal for less than a competing venue would offer
*location: very easy for everyone to find and get to; get off on the Rosecrans exit and drive basically until you see the ocean; you would never know this place is there, tucked away in a little corner of Manhattan Beach
*food: excellent

Cons:
*the location; because of the same positive note above, there is some car noise that is occasionally heard from the ceremony location. The noise of the water fountain area disguises most of this though.
*you need to meet the required minimum, so probably best suited for about 100-120 people. A large wedding wouldn't really fit here and it would be too expensive for a small wedding. We had about 90 people and it seemed to fit perfectly.

There is another venue owned by the same company, La Venta Inn, that has a better view of the ocean but is more expensive. It is also more remote so you have to drive through the winding streets of Palos Verdes. We chose not to use La Venta because it was harder for our guests to find and the view comes with a premium.

New York Food has changed their pastry chef this year, so hopefully the previous comments about the wedding cake no longer apply. Our wedding cake was really well done. It looked and tasted great. You do not need to use their pastry chef. We did to simplify the number of our vendors. They allow you to hire an outside wedding cake company if you want a special cake.

***addendum: someone asked me about how the two floors of the venue worked and how it changed the dynamic of the party. In short, I think the two-story layout actually works out very well, but make sure you have a DJ/host who is familiar with the venue.

Here is what I think is fairly "standard" for Verandas:

a) ceremony takes place outside, then guests are directed upstairs for the cocktail hour as photos are taken. Note: that you can do a group photo with everybody since the photographer can shoot down from the stairs, a nice added plus of the two stories.

b) once photos are done, bride and bridesmaid can either mingle or hide out in the downstairs bridal quarters.

c) guests are directed downstairs to dinner; wedding party assembles upstairs from the outside entrance

d) wedding party makes grand entrance through inside stairwell

e) speeches can be done during the dinner downstairs; the bar is still open upstairs but only a few people go upstairs during dinner

f) cake cutting happens upstairs after dinner; guests are directed upstairs and they effectively close the downstairs

g) any final speeches can be done on the dance floor as they open up the dance floor; guests can form a big circle around the speaker

At any rate, our coordinator, Sara, was excellent at directing the guests (on top of everything else she did) and it helps to have your officiant or DJ make the appropriate announcements, so people know where to go. Really it would be helpful to have a DJ who is familiar with the layout. But overall with about a hundred people, the space feels intimate and more fun rather than one big room which would be half empty.

The two-story layout works out very well, especially the bride descending from the staircase during the ceremony.

Profile Picture Wilmer, 3/14/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Everything was great! Fantastic! Best day of my life! Natalie at the Verandas made all my dreams come true!

Profile Picture Dana, 7/27/08, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Verandas was the perfect place for us to get married. The venue is beautiful, from the waterfall and pond, to the dining room, to the gorgeous ocean views, it was eveything we wanted and needed in a venue. We loved working with Verandas' helpful and friendly staff, and were grateful that they made our wedding-planning experience so effortless. They provided us with a list of preferred vendors that really made it easy to book all of our vendors because we knew that we couldn't go wrong with anyone that Verandas recommended. The event was picture-perfect and went off without a hitch. We would definitely recommend Verandas to anyone wanting a wedding with a cool, comfortable elegance, while being classy AND beachy all at the same time!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/18/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Perfect. They made our day wonderful and were with us to help with planning all along the way. The location was phenomenal and everyone loved it.

Profile Picture Warren, 6/7/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I would not have has such a perfect wedding if it wasn't for the Verandas, and Sarah. Everything went PERFECTLY!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/07, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't imagine the wedding being any better.. Everything was perfect. The food, the service, the care and attentiveness. Sarah was the best, and made it all happen!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/07, 3 Reviews

They provided excellent service and made our day really special. It goes by so fast with all the things you want to get done during a wedding and we did not have to worry about anything.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/23/01, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most amazing wedding ever at Verandas! I can't say enough good things about the staff and wedding coordinator we had helping us out all along the way! We had one minor hiccup early on in the process that I wouldn't even call it hiccup because they worked so well to correct it and make everything work seamlessly! Sarah, our coordinator, was fabulous! She gave us wonderful suggestions and feedback on our ideas! She was able to guide us and direct an absolutely beautiful wedding that our friends and family are still raving about as being one of the best weddings they've ever attended! They were so flexible that they even let my husband and his best men put on a rap concert! ha, so much fun! Thanks Sarah, Meredith (head waitress) and Max (our bartender) for making our night so wonderful and memorable. Thank You!!! Check out our You Tube video of the best man speech, aka rap concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwJ2AVV8OWk&feature=youtu.be

Profile Picture Kelly, 4/23/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Verandas is absolutely spectacular!!!! I could not imagine a more perfect night, nor would I change a thing! We even recieved countless complements from our guests about the venue from how great the food was, to the service, to how gorgeous it was there. The service is over the top, and the planners are extremely experienced. They made our day exactly what we had always dreamed about and more.

Profile Picture Kara, 5/23/09, 5 Reviews