12 Reviews for Van Gorder Photo

One Event/Day (1)
Albums (1)
Proofs (1)
12 Van Gorder Photo Reviews

Mike is an amazing photographer. His work really stands out from the rest in the best way and he is so much fun to work with. The value is also excellent.

Profile Picture Andrea, 3/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike is an amazing photographer and my husband and I couldn't be more delighted with his work at our wedding. He is a great communicator, extremely professional, and just a great guy.

He was able not only to capture the timeline of the day and the beautifully nerdy details we worked so hard on, but the essence of our personalities in both the ceremony and reception. He took two people who HATE posing for pictures and made us feel comfortable, allowing us to focus on having fun with each other regardless of the camera following us around.

I would absolutely recommend Mike and Van Gorder Photography to anyone looking for a photographer, and would absolutely hire him again for any events that needs a photographer.

Profile Picture Mandi, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

My husband and I are so fortunate to have met Mike!

When my fiance and I decided on a career move that would take us out of state -- and away from family and friendships we'd built in Los Angeles -- we planned an intimate wedding on short notice and with a small budget, in our home. My fiance and I were a bit nervous about the photography portion of the wedding (full disclosure -- we both hate photos!), and when we mentioned this to Mike he knew exactly what to do. He caught great moments on the fly, and had us pose for others that I would never have thought of. We have a gorgeous shot of me fixing my husband's tie, along with several outside our Art Deco apartment and in the neighborhood we had made our home. Mike's energetic, up-for-anything vibe put us at ease, and his expert eye created fantastic shots that we'll treasure forever. We love the photos because he brought out our best, and also because he captured our vintage aesthetic and off-beat personalities. If we could do it again, we would work with Mike in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, One Event/Day

Mike was helpful, funny, sweet (and normal too!). We loved our experience with him. Would hire him for other events, no questions asked. Highly recommend him!

Profile Picture C, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

In preparation for our wedding, the last thing on my mind were pictures. I figured with everyone having camera phones and social media who needs a photographer? My friend convinced me to hire one and said I would regret not having a professional capture all the special moments. Boy was she right. I'm so glad I listened to her. Van Gorder captured all those special intimate moments that you want to remember. He was professional. He was fun. He was flexible. He paid attention to detail. He was easy to work with.

Our photos were amazing!!

Will def be calling him for future events. ??

Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Alma, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike was so great to work with. We were on vacation in LA and decided to take our engagement photos. Mike was flexible with our schedule, suggested a number of locations, and most importantly took amazing pictures.

Fantastic experience!

Profile Picture Daria, 7/11/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints

I needed a quick mini-session on the beach and Mike more than delivered! He was prompt, friendly, easy to work with, and cranked out some fabulous photos. He was incredibly affordable and made both my fiancé and I feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would definitely use him again.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Somehow Mike ended up being our photographer for our wedding Anniversary and i am glad i ended up with him. It was a surprise for my Wife and i am still alive ?? that answers that she loved the photos.

Mike is very flexible with time and location, he even went beyond the actual time and did click some more pics as for us. For the quality, he truly understands what professional photography is and i would recommend him to everyone not coz i liked his photography but i believe everyone will do. And lastly he was friendly and was easy to talk to and was open to suggestions and had his own cool ideas too.

I would also suggest to call him before booking online at any websites as it helps both us and him to understand what our requirements.

Profile Picture Ishan, 12/15/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Mike was very professional and accommodating to our needs. He captured some amazing images and footage-- and what he cut together was nothing short of spectacular. I would recommend him without reservation.

Profile Picture Josh, 7/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Mike was professional and exceptionally hard working! We loved our wedding video and he went the extra mile to give us something really special. He worked with my husband to pick the right music and to personalize our video to make it feel like us. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a skilled photographer or videographer!

Profile Picture User6704452, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

My husband and I have such wonderful memories of our wedding, and Mike was a huge part of that. His photos of our day were spectacular, and as the bride, he made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. He also edited our wedding video, and it's truly THE best wedding video I've ever seen -- just on a totally different level. Not cheesy or average in any way! I've worked with Mike outside of my wedding, too, (portraits and headshots) and he has always been professional, creative and efficient, and can work with any type of budget, too. Highly recommended for wedding photos/videography, an engagement shoot or really any type of photos you're looking for.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/13/13, 1 Review