Van Gorder Photo Reviews

13 Reviews for Van Gorder Photo

13 Van Gorder Photo Reviews
  • CeeCee

Claudia · Married on 04/15/2018

SOOOOO..... What can i say, Mike is amazzzzinnnnnggggg..... Our engagement photos were amazing. i love that he lets you be you. that has been the best thing about him. he wants to see your true love, not one that you gets posed for the picture. My husband is silly, and nerdy, so working with mike felt like one of our silly nerdy friends took out pictures. Our wedding pictures were more then i had even imagine. All our family loooooooved his pictures, they have been talking about them all week since we got our pictures. he and his partner were everything. my husband was surprised by how many pictures they were able to get that we didnt even know they were standing there for. It was no nice to see so many smiles and it was awesome to know that mike remembered our "WADE'Em" (inside family thing) from a year ago. I have all but an amazing experience working with him. if you have questions, he answers right away. I mean, he is all around and awesome and amazing dude. SO If you want a photographer that makes you feel at home and not in a lens, make sure you choose mike. THANK YOU MIKE!!!

Sent on 05/17/2017
    Van Gorder Photo 11

Van Gorder Photo's reply:

Man, I’ll never get a kinder review than that. Thanks Claudia! So happy that you’re happy!

Andrea · Married on 03/26/2017

Mike is an amazing photographer. His work really stands out from the rest in the best way and he is so much fun to work with. The value is also excellent.

Mandi · Married on 10/15/2016

Mike is an amazing photographer and my husband and I couldn't be more delighted with his work at our wedding. He is a great communicator, extremely professional, and just a great guy.

He was able not only to capture the timeline of the day and the beautifully nerdy details we worked so hard on, but the essence of our personalities in both the ceremony and reception. He took two people who HATE posing for pictures and made us feel comfortable, allowing us to focus on having fun with each other regardless of the camera following us around.

I would absolutely recommend Mike and Van Gorder Photography to anyone looking for a photographer, and would absolutely hire him again for any events that needs a photographer.

Amy · Married on 10/31/2015

My husband and I are so fortunate to have met Mike!

When my fiance and I decided on a career move that would take us out of state -- and away from family and friendships we'd built in Los Angeles -- we planned an intimate wedding on short notice and with a small budget, in our home. My fiance and I were a bit nervous about the photography portion of the wedding (full disclosure -- we both hate photos!), and when we mentioned this to Mike he knew exactly what to do. He caught great moments on the fly, and had us pose for others that I would never have thought of. We have a gorgeous shot of me fixing my husband's tie, along with several outside our Art Deco apartment and in the neighborhood we had made our home. Mike's energetic, up-for-anything vibe put us at ease, and his expert eye created fantastic shots that we'll treasure forever. We love the photos because he brought out our best, and also because he captured our vintage aesthetic and off-beat personalities. If we could do it again, we would work with Mike in a heartbeat.

C · Married on 10/09/2015

Mike was helpful, funny, sweet (and normal too!). We loved our experience with him. Would hire him for other events, no questions asked. Highly recommend him!

Alma · Married on 08/22/2015

In preparation for our wedding, the last thing on my mind were pictures. I figured with everyone having camera phones and social media who needs a photographer? My friend convinced me to hire one and said I would regret not having a professional capture all the special moments. Boy was she right. I'm so glad I listened to her. Van Gorder captured all those special intimate moments that you want to remember. He was professional. He was fun. He was flexible. He paid attention to detail. He was easy to work with.

Our photos were amazing!!

Will def be calling him for future events. ??

Thank you!!!

Daria · Married on 07/11/2015

Mike was so great to work with. We were on vacation in LA and decided to take our engagement photos. Mike was flexible with our schedule, suggested a number of locations, and most importantly took amazing pictures.

Fantastic experience!

Emily · Married on 12/31/2014

I needed a quick mini-session on the beach and Mike more than delivered! He was prompt, friendly, easy to work with, and cranked out some fabulous photos. He was incredibly affordable and made both my fiancé and I feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would definitely use him again.

• I

Ishan · Married on 12/15/2014

Somehow Mike ended up being our photographer for our wedding Anniversary and i am glad i ended up with him. It was a surprise for my Wife and i am still alive ?? that answers that she loved the photos.

Mike is very flexible with time and location, he even went beyond the actual time and did click some more pics as for us. For the quality, he truly understands what professional photography is and i would recommend him to everyone not coz i liked his photography but i believe everyone will do. And lastly he was friendly and was easy to talk to and was open to suggestions and had his own cool ideas too.

I would also suggest to call him before booking online at any websites as it helps both us and him to understand what our requirements.

Josh · Married on 07/06/2014

Mike was very professional and accommodating to our needs. He captured some amazing images and footage-- and what he cut together was nothing short of spectacular. I would recommend him without reservation.

Mike was professional and exceptionally hard working! We loved our wedding video and he went the extra mile to give us something really special. He worked with my husband to pick the right music and to personalize our video to make it feel like us. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a skilled photographer or videographer!

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2013

My husband and I have such wonderful memories of our wedding, and Mike was a huge part of that. His photos of our day were spectacular, and as the bride, he made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. He also edited our wedding video, and it's truly THE best wedding video I've ever seen -- just on a totally different level. Not cheesy or average in any way! I've worked with Mike outside of my wedding, too, (portraits and headshots) and he has always been professional, creative and efficient, and can work with any type of budget, too. Highly recommended for wedding photos/videography, an engagement shoot or really any type of photos you're looking for.