22 Reviews for Van Earl's Cakes

Setup (1)
Private Tastings (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Nut Free (1)

Van and Estella are just incredible. Estella was fantastic communicating with us regarding our wedding cake and they executed our vision beautifully. The sugar flowers looked so real and tasted even better. The flavors of our cake (funfetti, choco-mint, banana foster) were to die for and as someone who does not eat cake, I licked my plate clean. Everyone asked where we got our cake from as they said it was the best cake they have ever had! They were a true pleasure to work with and we can’t wait for our anniversary so we can order a celebration cake…since we already at our top tier! Thank you Van and Estella!!

Profile Picture Susan, 6/2/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Nut Free, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Working with Van Earl was a wonderful experience. They helped us design a wedding cake, groom’s cake, macarons for place cards, and cookies for take-home gifts at our farewell brunch. Everything they made was beautiful and delicious, and perfectly complemented our wedding design scheme. They extremely accommodating. When we couldn’t decide between flavors for the cakes, they incorporated two flavors into the groom’s cake and offered two flavors for the reception. The macarons were tastier than ladurée.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We loved working with Van Earl's Cakes! Van Earl's saved the day after the vendor we'd originally booked didn't work out. Our cake was beautiful and exactly how we pictured it. And it was delicious! We selected the chocolate coconut caramel and our guests all loved it. They were also really reasonably priced and were cheaper than our original vendor (even with their travel fee to the Jersey shore). We couldn't recommend them more.

Profile Picture Cindy, 6/27/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am so picky about cake and I've tried a lot of cake shops in my life searching for the best so when I was told my reception venue (Top of the Tower) worked directly with a bakery I was nervous. Well the cake tasting left me wanting more and more and more!! We picked three flavors--bananas foster, cookies and cream and raspberry lemonade (the best). Everyone could not stop talking about how great it was and it flew off the tables! With as good as it tasted I almost forgot about how beautiful it looked too! Now we need to have some self control and save our top tier for a year ah!

Profile Picture Liz, 4/12/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband is allergic to chocolate while I am a chocoholic so we decided to serve cupcakes to our guests and then still have a cake to cut on our wedding day. Our cupcakes were lemon with vanilla icing and chocolate with vanilla icing while our wedding cake was banana. Hands down this was the absolutely BEST BANANA CAKE I HAVE EVER EATEN. I cannot wait until our 1 year anniversary to eat the rest! Delicious!

Profile Picture Marisa, 11/9/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Fact that we are friends has no bearing on my review. I've worked with Van is the past and the flavor of his cakes and the designs are outstanding ant my cake wasn't any different. We had a tasting and chose our flavors ( the sweet potato is the BOMB!! ) The chocolate was outstanding!! The design was flawless and exactly what I wanted!! Thanks Van!!

Mrs. Patricia Harris

Profile Picture patricia, 8/31/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was stunning! We would definitely recommend Van Earl's for all your special occasions!

Profile Picture kristen, 6/8/13, 2 Reviews
4.3

AMAZING....we loved loved loved the way the cake looked and it tasted EVEN BETTER!!!

Profile Picture beth, 12/8/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

(My cake from Van Earl's was included at the Ritz Carlton Philadelphia, so this review is not from a pricing perspective.)

Regardless, let me tell you that the cake was FLAWLESS. They followed the decoration exactly as I wanted it, it was gorgeous. They let us pick two flavors Red Velvet and our new FAVORITE Sweet Potato. It may sound like a strange cake flavor, but oh my goodness, the Sweet Potato cake was out of this world!!! Our guests are still raving about it.

Professional, kind and delicious - what more can you ask for?!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/27/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough about Van Earls Cakes. If I had to say one word I would use AMAZING! I am so happy I found Van Earls because this was the single best decision of the night. My cake turned out just the way I wanted. It was beautiful and taste WONDERFUL. 6 months later my family and friends are still talking about it. I couldn't asked for a better experience or better cake for my wedding.

Profile Picture Shawn, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Van Earls is amazing!! We used them for our wedding last July at The Ritz Carlton. The cake was just beautiful. The level of detail was absolutely amazing! Estella was such a pleasure to work with. She worked within our budget and replicated our dream wedding cake! Oh and the most important part - the cake was absolutely incredible tasting! Guests still talk about to this day!
Another cool perk they have - you can pick up your 1st year anniversary wedding topper instead of taking it home with you and freezing it. You wedding cake is such a big decision and part of your special day.. So,
Seriously, go with Van Earls, you really wont be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/14/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Van Earl's made us the most delicious cake ever! After being disappointed with the cake that came with our caterer, Van Earl's came to the rescue, creating a cake flavor and design that fit our wedding perfectly. When we went for the tasting, we were blown away with their quality and the day of, our cake was so delicious! our food at the reception was Cuban and they created a cake with mango filling and toasted coconut and rum buttercream frosting - how perfect!

Profile Picture Sauce, 7/7/12, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was delicious and beautiful.

Profile Picture User2504561, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Van Earl and stella, I really have no words to express the Amazing masterpiece you made for our wedding. The cake was Beautiful and delicious! It was everything that I wanted and was well worth the price. I would definitely recommend you to all of my friends and family for all their needs in the future. You made this day one that I will always remember and can't wait to do business with you again. Thank you both!!

Profile Picture Jazmine , 5/12/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Van made the most beautiful wedding cake ever, and delicious. Also, he and his staff were very easy to work with, and repsonsive. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Bahar, 7/30/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

estella and chef van were so professional and kind. starting with the tasting, through the delivery of the cake, everyone was impressed. it was fun tasting the cakes and fillings in the studio and seeing sample cakes. i LOVED the softness and moistness of their cakes and the flavor of the fillings. i usually hate icing but i loved theirs. the cake itself was beautiful, very flavorful, and perfect. even the caterer asked who did the cake and said it was gorgeous. my mother-in-law actually said that it was the best cake she's ever tasted! and she tried both flavors! i will DEFINITELY contact them for all of my future cake needs. thank you van earls!

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/25/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was truly happy and satisfied with Van Earls Cake services. From the moment I stepped foot into their place of business I felt not just like a client but a long lost friend. They were very welcoming and professional and welcomed all ours suggestions and ideas and worked on making our visions of our cake come to life. The cake was not only a beautiful piece of art but it was also delicious. All my guest raved about how delicious and beautiful the cake was and I was more than happy to rave about the vendors. I truly thank them for being part of making our wedding a memorable one.

Profile Picture kathleen, 6/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Van Earls Cakes was an excellent vendor to work with. They made my life easy from start to finish. The tasting was just amazing! They were very easy to talk to. They were able to pull all of my ideas and colors into one cohesive masterpiece. My weddng cake was not only gorgeous but it tasted delicious. I really love all of the detailed hand made flowers. They looked so real! They delivered my cake in a timely manner. My receiption site said they were a pleasure to work with.
Thank you for making my wedding day a dream come true!

Profile Picture Norrica, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Chef Van created the most beautiful wedding cake i have ever seen. All the Guest at the wedding commented on the design as well as the taste. The cake had 4 different flavors with 4 different fillings. They also provide desserts and the groom cake. Guest were amazed that each table received a different flavor cake which was deliciious. Estella is very professional, organized and provided a unique cake tasting experience. From all the vendors we dealt with, they were the best. Highly, HIGHLY recommend getting your wedding cake from Van Earl's Cakes.

Profile Picture Erica, 6/4/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was beyond amazing. We gave Van Earl's a cake from a shop in San Francisco that we love (lemon meringue), and they were able to recreate it amazingly.. even make it better! At the tasting, they made a cake with the recipe we provided and their own version to try along with their regular flavors. While all of their cakes and fillings were fabulous, we went with the original for sentimental value. The final cake, though, was even more than we imagined. What was a simple meringue in our heads turned into a gorgeous beehive cake that went perfectly with our theme. Other caterers told us that this cake could not be done, but Van Earl's did not hesitate! We are definitely going to look for any excuse to get another cake from them!

Profile Picture Angela, 6/4/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake ever !!!! They hit the design right on and the cake looked and tasted great!! All cake staff easy to work wih and the tasting was the best! Extremely professional. So happy I chose them!

Profile Picture User1588822, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Words cannot express how satisfied I was as a customer. I am a New Jersey resident who had a beautiful destination wedding in Sanibel Island Florida. The chocolate favors that were designed were personalized to fit our theme so perfectly. They were unique and absolutely delicious. Everything arrived on time on dry ice and professionally packaged. My guests were all delighted to take home such a elegant, tasty wedding favor. I am planning a graduation party and am so confident that Van Earl Cakes will exceed my expectations and wow my guests again!

Profile Picture Nanette, 8/1/09, 1 Review