TLC Events & Weddings Reviews

16 | Cincinnati, OH

16 Reviews for TLC Events & Weddings

• Judy

Judy B. · Married on 05/08/2021

Needed help to change wedding plans

Due to COVID restrictions, the initial plans for my daughters May 8th, 2021 wedding just would not work with out un- inviting half of the guest list. It was March, 2021, with full restrictions in place and no dancing allowed . My daughter was so upset and cried many nights with us wondering what to do. I decided to look for a wedding planner to help us switch plans ,with only two months to go, so that she would have a wedding day of her dreams. I am so happy that I found and hired Lori! I first appreciated her only charging for services we exactly needed . She only takes a certain amount of weddings each year, so had the time to give us personal attention, and was very quick to answer back with any questions or concerns. We found a beautiful location at Clovernook Country Club, and Lori was great in setting up the necessary appointments, contacting all the vendors to arrange a new time line for the change in locations, and meeting with us to discuss all the fine details that I would never had planned for or thought of. Honestly, it took so much stress off of my daughter and myself to know that she was scheduling and detailing every thing, and that she would be at the reception area to make sure everything was delivered and set up properly, also being there through out the day for smooth running of it all. Hiring a wedding planner was the best investment in helping us plan a beautiful day for my daughter, and Lori was the perfect planner for the job!

Sent on 06/02/2021

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Judy, so much for your kind words. It was an absolute joy working with you, Erin & Nick on their wedding. I am so happy that everything turned out as they envisioned it. I am so honored that you entrusted me with coordinating their day!

Dennis C. · Married on 04/24/2021

Worked well with people

I am Dennis Chaney, DJ D, and was the DJ at Samantha and Adam's wedding. It was great working with Lori, she was very professional and kept things going, even though the groom was not feeling well. We had to change things on the fly, but with her there it was easy.

Sent on 06/01/2021

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was a beautiful wedding, and everything worked out perfectly for Samantha and Adam in the end. Adam started feeling better and they had everything they wanted during their reception. Thank you for being so great to work with!

Taylor · Married on 12/21/2019

Tender Loving Care

As our wedding planner, Lori showed exactly why she chose the name Tending Loving Care. Every step with our wedding planning process was easy and made you feel special. Any planning ideas or changes were easily discussed and incorporated into the planning process via text, meeting, and the online client portal. Lori went above and beyond to take the stress out of wedding planning. She worked around our busy schedules and particular wants & needs to coordinate vendor options and meetings. So we could focus on each other during this special chapter in our lives.

Sent on 12/31/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Taylor & Linden, it was such a pleasure working with both of you to plan your wedding. We had so much fun coming up with décor ideas and going to vendor meetings together - I am just sad that it's all over! Your decision to elope this past fall instead of having the big wedding was completely understandable and while I am so happy for you both that you have started your lives together as husband and wife, I also miss working so closely with both of you. I am happy I made the planning a fun experience for you, and am blessed to call you both my friends.

Brittany R. · Married on 08/10/2019

My Dream Wedding!!

Lori and her staff flawlessly made my wedding dreams a reality. Lori did all the coordination, which allowed for a smooth night. She treated us like family throughout the whole planning process, and went to many appointments with us, even providing recommendations at many times. On the day of the wedding, every detail was executed immaculately! Everything down to the smallest detail, was perfect! I cannot image how the day would have went if I did not have Lori and her staff by my side! I am so blessed I had the pleasure of working with Lori! I would 10/10 recommend TLC to anyone planning a wedding! Thank you Lori for everything, we appreciate you so very much!!!

Sent on 10/21/2019

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

I am so honored that you both entrusted me with your very special day, and that you were so happy with how everything turned out. It was such an honor to work with you and seeing the smiles on your faces is really what it's all about. It's an even bigger honor to call you my friends.
  • Henrietta

Henrietta · Married on 06/29/2019

So Thankful!

Wow, where do I begin? I am SOO glad I caved and decided to seek a wedding planner. Hiring Lori of TLC Events & Weddings, LLC was the best decision my husband and I could have made for our wedding.
    Among many things she did, Lori worked closely with all my vendors and also very hard to create a timeline that allowed us to make the most out of our day.
    On the day of my wedding, she and her staff were ABSOLUTELY incredible! Hands down! I am not exaggerating. They were ‘beasts’! I can’t believe how diligently they worked to pull everything off just so we could feel like guests at our own wedding!

Lori, Shannon, Rachel... THANK YOU for making our day magical. I will never forget how smoothly our big day went because of the teamwork of all of you.

All our love and respect, Henrietta & Jonathan

Sent on 07/21/2019

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words. It was a pleasure working with both of you and I am so glad you were both happy on your wedding day. It is such an honor to now consider you both friends!
  • Erica

Erica P. · Married on 10/06/2018

Stellar Wedding (and Complex Event) Planner

The nutshell: Our absolutely amazing wedding and ceremony were at a non-traditional location (we rented a 20-acre lodge with oversized barn/garage for our reception), located FAR away from the nearest city, and we pulled it off in 12 weeks. Because we hired Lori. :-)

The story... My husband and I have too many projects. :-)

April 2018: We reserved the lodge (since all official “rustic” wedding venues were already booked for October...) and a nearby church. Location was 60 mins from Cincinnati, and 120 mins from Dayton. October 6th - 5.5 months away. We loved the location! And knew we could have our dream wedding there - albeit more work because we were responsible for everything - no manager or organizer or “inclusive” packages to help...

As I mentioned, my husband and I have too many projects... (at the time of the wedding, we were also coordinating 2 cross-country household moves, job changes, and more.) 12 weeks before the wedding we got down to business. It was when I realized we would have to bring our own water (well water, no catering kitchen) that I understood we absolutely needed help.. Or we’d get to the big day and major things would be wrong - like, having no water!! :-) Present: Lori. A facebook marketplace recommendation popped up that evening. I wanted someone creative and crafty who was used to dealing with unique situations and addressing them well. Across all of her reviews I found every point of complexity I could think of with our setup (quick turnaround, always responsive and great to work with, remote location, extra guest management, transportation, and a bunch of other things.) We talked the next day and I really appreciated when she jumped in right away to offer suggestions for ways the challenges could be addressed and ones I hadn’t thought of. She didn’t even try to sell me on the full planning package (which I clearly needed). In contrast, I had spoken to another wedding planner with an impressive book - but she offered nothing in the consultation and only tried to sell the highest package. But I didn’t need cookie-cutter “done it a hundred times”. I needed someone creative, flexible, who knew what to look out for, would know what “done” looks like, and how to fill in all the gaps to get there.

Suffice to say, finding vendors for a remote location, in October, within our price range and matching our style, is difficult! With Lori’s help, we were able to have our dream wedding within budget and at a fraction of the price it should have cost... She just kept working at it until it fit.

WEDDING DAY:

It’s not ideal, but due to everything else we had going on at the time (incl 2 deaths in the family), I was not able to “plan” with Lori pre-wedding day as much as she (or I) wanted. She puts in so much work beforehand to make sure everything goes perfectly. She writes it down and pre-coordinates with *everyone*. And all the critical elements were done prior - timeline, flow, etc. But for ours, she had to wing a lot more of it and hear from me the night before / morning of (decorations and setup, final gaps). Which I’m pretty sure would scare the heck out of most planners. :-)

She was 100% prepared. Everyone knew what they were doing. I gave a bunch of boxes of decorations, the basics of what I wanted, and left creative licensing for the rest. (Keep in mind, this was a “bare” property. We even had to set up our own lighting for pathways and the garage/barn. Our families helped set up the day before, but all the day of work and decorating was Lori and crew.)

She had headsets for everyone to communicate. Split the staff between church and lodge to start. And GO! It was amazing. Everything went so well!! And it looked even better than I had hoped! Lori kept us on schedule and everything moving. We got in everything we wanted to and all that was important to us! Lori took special care to make sure the items we requested were all included and covered. All the way down to the Fireworks! :)

Behind the scenes, I found out later the Murphy’s Law components she had to deal with. There is no cell reception on the 20-acre property (e.g. no texts or calls). The headsets she brought (since no cell reception) also didn’t work across the property, so they had to talk / coordinate / pivot in person. One of her helpers had also become very ill (I had no idea - nobody saw anything). The rest of the staff picked up wonderfully and we never knew. And on top of all the day-of challenges, Lori had a very major family emergency earlier in the week (it was a real possibility she wouldn’t be able to be there). But she still made it work. Seamlessly. Her work ethic is second to none, she is extremely conscientious, and she will make your day or your event the sole focus of hers so you can live in the moment and truly enjoy it.

The best thing a bride can say is “It was my perfect day!” And they may not know the detail that went into the day, or all the challenges behind the scene. But in this case, we do. We know and we greatly appreciate how amazing Lori and her entire team were! Both of our moms were amazed by her, guests (prior brides) told me she was wonderful, too :-). I was really lucky to find her, and actually miss not talking to her everyday now. Thanks, Lori! Our day was perfect, and our wedding was “us”, through and through. We, quite literally, could not have done it without you!

We highly recommend Lori. She’s great and will make your event, your day, your moment, incredible.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Erica & Russ:

I just have to thank YOU for making me cry this morning! LOL Your words touched my heart and certainly made me feel so honored. Your wedding was beautiful - the traditions you brought into your ceremony were touching and emotional, and I was crying by the end of the vows. Let's face it, I started shedding tears when I saw Russ crying even before he saw you - he was so happy to finally be marrying the love of his life - it was all so beautiful.

Together, we accomplished some amazing things with your wedding in that very short timeframe. But "together" is the key - I believe wholeheartedly in teamwork not just with my fellow wedding professionals but with my couples as well.

I also believe that, while planning is my passion, my joy is the smiles on the faces of happy couples. Knowing how happy you both were with how everything turned out gives me immense joy. At the end of the day, you were able to walk away with happy and fond memories that you will treasure for a lifetime. That's what it is all about.

And mostly, I am so happy to be able to call both of you my friends -- and I miss chatting with you also! Thank you so much for such kind and sweet words; it was such a pleasure working with you!

Rebecca · Married on 05/05/2018

I met Lori in purchasing tablecloths from her & quickly was able to vent my chaotic life before the wedding to her. She then contacted me and was more than willing to help in any means necessary! Her & Shannon pulled together to make my day less stressful. Her decorating was amazing! Thanks to her & Shannon the church & Reception were gorgeous! Keep in Mind, she agreed & the wedding was in less than 2 weeks! She seriously was a Godsend! Don't know how I could have pulled this wedding off without her!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was such a pleasure to help you on your wedding day and make it stress-free and fun for you and Bryan. My passion is being able to give couples a day that they can truly enjoy and some beautiful memories to last a lifetime. The bonus comes when I can then call them my friends -- and I know that you and Bryan are just that - friends. I am so happy that you had the wedding of your dreams and my wish for you and your beautiful daughter is a lifetime of dreams come true and happiness.

Becky · Married on 10/14/2017

Lori is absolutely phenomenal to work with; we were beyond happy with how she presented herself, plus her attention to detail while planning the wedding was amazing. She did so many things that went "above and beyond!" She answered every email and question, even if we'd gone over it already; she was always there to reassure my uncertainty. She spent hours tying bows on our candy favors, addressing & stuffing envelopes, and even made over 60 guest bags for the guests' hotel rooms.

We had an out of town wedding, a 5-hr drive away so there were so many details beyond the normal day. We needed a hotel room for nearly every guest, transportation from the hotel to the wedding and back for 120 people. Then there were the "little things" like getting my dress pressed, because it got wrinkled in the car, and of course an out of state marriage licence that we hadn't even thought about. But Lori and her team were there to help every step of the way.

She made our day run so smoothly, the venue was just breathtaking and beautiful! In a way, it felt like we were guests at our own wedding because she made it so stress free! There were glitches, but I never heard about them until well after the day. I'd also forgotten my reception shoes at the hotel, but Lori did not hesitate to retrieve them for me. To be honest, I hesitated hiring her as she hadn't been a wedding planner for long, but her professionalism and organization skills so made up for that. She was a great support and I don't know how I would have done it without her!! I'd use her again for any event, and 100% recommend Lori and TLC Events and Weddings!

Sent on 03/21/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was such an honor to plan your wedding and take care of all the details for you, especially since you don't live in this area. Your wedding was beautiful and such a fun day for everyone! And it was a pleasure to finally meet both of you after all the phone and Skype calls and emails! I know you are enjoying a happy marriage and I look forward to talking with you again!
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 08/05/2017

Successful Event Planned By TLC Events & Weddings

Lori, we can't thank you enough for helping create a successful bridal event for our venue. We couldn't have done it without you. Your organizational skills are top notch. You kept in constant communication and helped us coordinate all of the participating vendors. The timeline for the day, including all of the interactive demos went off without a hitch, and all in attendance thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I highly recommend Lori at TLC Events & Weddings to plan your next social event, corporate event or wedding. She's the best!

Sent on 12/23/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with you and Pat to plan and execute the very first wedding show at your amazing venue! Orchard Lane Events is the perfect spot for weddings, parties, reunions - really, just any type of event! The show we planned together was a success and we had a fun day!

Jeffrey · Married on 07/22/2017

After 25 years of marriage my wife and I decided to renew our wedding vows. I wanted to give her the wedding I could not give her when we got married (December 8, 1992). Darla originally wanted a summer wedding but that did not happen.
    I went to Lori Osborne of TLC Events & Weddings and asked if she could help me put together a vow renewal ceremony that would replicate a wedding. Lori said, “Let’s get started!”
    As we went through the questionnaires and the details of what we wanted, Lori made it fun for both of us. Then it came time to make a change to the date – instead of December 8, I changed it to July 22 so as to give my wife her wish for a summer ceremony. Without fail, Lori stepped up and put together a plan to make this date happen.
    At this point Darla had no idea what to expect. We used our church for the venue and Lori (along with her assistant, Rachel Feltner) completely transformed our small church into a place of elegance, from the setting in the sanctuary to the décor downstairs for the reception.
    As Christians, we had specific feelings and emotions that we want to emphasize and Lori met every need that could be thought of. It is in my opinion that she met our needs, wants and desires for this ceremony from the color scheme to the renewal ceremony itself.
    I want to thank TLC Events & Weddings for such an unforgettable event. As we left the church, we cried with tears of happiness for such a beautiful and elegant ceremony.
    Jeffrey & Darla Osborne

Sent on 08/03/2017

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was a pleasure and an honor to plan your vow renewal, and such a thrill for both my décor design assistant and I to create all of the décor! Here's to many more years of happiness to you both!

Terry · Married on 12/10/2016

Lori is my wife and planned and executed a party for me to celebrate the release of my first CD album. She handled all of the invitations, planned the food and decorations, and executed the party unfailingly. The event took place in our small home and she resolved numerous issues such as providing additional seating, and limited counter space by having a board wrapped in a plastic tablecloth and placed over the sink. She planned a delicious menu of a wide variety of party foods that everyone enjoyed. The decorations were perfectly suited to the "theme" of the party, and everyone in attendance was relaxed, wanted for nothing, and had a wonderful time. She hired a baker who provided beautiful and extremely delicious cupcakes! She spent countless hours ensuring that this party was top-notch -- something I know she will do for each and every client she encounters in her new event & wedding planning business.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Marilyn · Married on 10/29/2016

I was very hands on my Lori helped coordinate especially the day of the wedding to make sure our day ran smoothly.

Sent on 11/19/2016

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Your wedding was so much fun! Thank you for such a great review!

Ann · Married on 09/13/2013

Lori helped me plan my wedding a few years ago and, even though it was a very small and simple event, I needed her to help ensure that everything was in order and that the day ran smoothly. Lori handled all of the decorations for both the ceremony and reception, and she created a timeline so that everything happened on time. We were able to fully enjoy our special day with no worries, and Lori made it beautiful and perfect for us! Being friends for many years, she did all the work at no charge to us, too!

Sent on 11/29/2016

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

It was a pleasure to help you with your very special day!

Lori and her team were absolutely amazing. They were patient and organized on a day with lots of stress. The bride did not have to worry about a thing! Lori is an investment in your sanity and an absolute must to include in your wedding budget. The ceremony and reception hall looked gorgeous and every detail was perfect. It was so nice to not have to worry about the tear down of the reception hall. I would recommend her and her team to any bride to be!

Sent on 05/23/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Candace, for such nice words. It was such a pleasure to help Becky and Bryan eliminate the stress they were experiencing before their wedding and before they hired me to help manage and set up their wedding day. My passion is helping couples actually enjoy their day, and I was honored to have been selected by them to give them the wedding they deserved and dreamt about.

Rachel · Married on 05/31/2008

Lori organized and ran my 16th birthday party. As the party planner, Lori demonstrated great imagination and innovation. She took a mundane murder mystery party and transformed it into something engaging and fun for the teenagers present. She invented games, snacks, and decorations (including a "dead body!") to match the James Bond theme of the party. Looking back, Lori had an eye for detail that was easily overlooked by the teenage guests, but allowed for true immersion in the experience. The party worked seamlessly, and is a very fond memory for me.

Sent on 11/07/2016

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Rachel, for such a great review! The party was fun for everyone and I am looking forward to planning events for you in the future!

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

1.6
      1.0
      3.5
      2.0
      1.0
      0.5

We absolutely do not recommend Lori of TLC Events and Weddings. She is very unprofessional:
    * she live-recorded our wedding rehearsal on her personal Facebook page without our consent or knowledge, and shared it from her professional page. We did not know she did this until after the event, so we did not mention it to her, as it had passed.
    * She yelled at the groom and the groomsmen on the day of the wedding. Lori was hired mainly manual labor, but she recruited the groom and groomsmen to transport decor signs - and then YELLED at them for putting them in the wrong area.
    * We caught Lori sitting doing nothing on multiple occasions, with her shoes off and propped up on a table. Our main vendors began to pick up on her lack of ability, and instead looked to us for direction, commenting to us that she wasn't working. Our guests noticed this as well.
    * Lori crafted a very detailed day-of schedule, but did not enforce it or ensure everything was moving on time - we are lucky to have hired other vendors who were able to do that for her.

Although Lori's assistants were very nice and seemed competent, Lori was a train wreck and made us regret hiring her many times. Overall, Lori lacks the professionalism, attention to detail, and self motivation that someone hired for this position requires. I would not recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 03/18/2018

TLC Events & Weddings's reply:

Your wedding was beautiful; my staff and I were happy to help make the day complete. I appreciate your candor in your comments and would like you to let your groomsmen know how much I appreciated their assistance with moving such a heavy décor item. Since my contract states that my staff and I are not able to move items deemed to be too heavy, it was greatly appreciated when one of your groomsmen offered to help. If my tone came across as firm, I do apologize for that.

Additionally, I do provide myself and my staff time to take breaks as needed throughout every event, especially when it is a 13-hour day.

I understand your concerns about my recent blog article and sharing your rehearsal video on my social media. I was excited about working with you on this wedding, and was over-zealous about sharing. I have removed all items referencing your wedding.

If there is anything else I can do, please feel free to contact me personally.