Timothy Bakland Videography Reviews

39 | Beverly, MA

39 Reviews for Timothy Bakland Videography

Stephanie · Married on 06/21/2015

Tim was a great find, especially considering we made the decision to add on a videographer only a couple months prior to our wedding day. Luckily ours was one of the last days he had available, and he happened to be just down the street from our venue at Misselwood in Beverly. From the start, he was incredibly professional and attentive, and responded to questions and emails literally within minutes. He allowed us to postpone choosing some of the details, such as song choices, etc, until after the day...we were feeling pretty overwhelmed with other decisions at the time! Tim was completely unobtrusive throughout the day itself, and caught many scenes where we didn't even realize he was there! He was also flexible in listening to our hopes for what we wanted in our trailer, which was a huge help. We were really thrilled with Tim's work, and especially grateful for his professionalism throughout.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Meghan · Married on 06/07/2014

Before the wedding, we hemmed and hawed about whether we should even hire a videographer. We thought it might be a good place to save some cash, but we are SO glad we hired Tim. Just a week or two ago, after my husband watched the final video, I was so pleased when he said he thought it was totally worth the money. Complete validation!

Tim was unobtrusive, highly professional, and he churned out a fantastic product. We hardly noticed him on the day of -- there was no bright light in our faces, and we acted completely like ourselves. We got rave reviews from friends and family about the trailer and highlights. We really enjoyed working with him and would recommend him to others.

Sent on 08/20/2014

Lauren · Married on 11/02/2013

Put simply, Tim is perfection. He is a true professional in every sense of the word, and his work is flawless. Before you book any of your other vendors, call Tim and make sure he's available on your date. If he is, book him immediately. If he's not, consider changing your wedding date...seriously. I live in New York City and my wedding was at the Four Seasons in Boston. I spent 2 months researching to find the "best" videographer before I finally stumbled upon Tim's website. After viewing one of the sample trailers, and given how reasonable his fees were, I picked up the phone and called Tim. Luckily, he was available on our wedding day and I booked him right then and there. From our very first interaction, Tim was an absolute joy to work with. He is extremely responsive, thorough, and his work, well, it just speaks for itself. He sent us our trailer shortly after the wedding and went ABOVE AND BEYOND on the highlights film - his editing was a work of art. I can't even count the number of people who said our video was the best they've ever seen.

Tim listened to every single request (and was patient with us since we had many of them), and no detail was too small for him to take into account. Our wedding day happened to be the same day as the Red Sox World Series Championship parade. Without even being asked, Tim showed up hours early (free of charge) to capture footage of the parade (he knew from an earlier conversation what a big Sox fan I am). He arrived in the bridal suite early as well (and was very respectful to call ahead to make sure it was OK if he came by to capture some of the candid "getting ready" shots). He was unobtrusive and somehow filmed all of the important moments without his cameras getting in the way or showing up in any of the photographer's pictures.
    Not only is he supremely talented, but Tim is a down-to-earth, easy-going, super nice guy. Do yourself a favor, and book the best videographer in Massachusetts: Timothy Bakland!

Sent on 01/31/2014

This is well worth every penny and then some! He takes full coverage from the day and turns it into the most amazing highlight film you will cherish forever. He responds right away to any questions/concerns you may have. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2013

Hiring Timothy was the best decision i ever made. The footage he put together for us was amazing. The trailer was incredible, like a professional movie. Everyone who saw it was blown away.

Just look at the samples on his website. I cried watching all those samples, and I don't even know those people.

He is extremely responsive and professional. I would HIGHLY recommend Timothy.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Hiring Tim was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. He is a true artist and his work speaks for itself.

Prior to my wedding, Tim answered all of my questions within the day and sent us a questionnaire to ensure he understood our style, wants, goals, and visions for the wedding day and our video.

On the day itself, Tim arrived an hour early (a comfort to every bride) and got some great footage of the scenery and my bridesmaids and I getting ready. Throughout the day he was calm and worked very well with my photographer (the two had never met). The most amazing thing about him, was that he was barely visible the whole day but was always present for the moments that needed capturing.

2 days after our wedding we had our 2 minute trailer. Somehow he managed to capture the magic , love, and true joy of the day in this short time. The following month we got our 15 minute montage and full film, it came in a beautiful case and we LOVE IT!!!

Do yourselves a favor and hire him, I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Thank you for everything Tim, I am looking forward to enjoying this film for MANY many years to come!

Sent on 09/30/2013

I was just married on July 6th. I live in NJ and got married in Maine so I had to do a lot of planning from home. This made things extremely difficult at times. One thing that I really worried about was finding a videographer online and never actually meeting them. Tim by far exceeded my expectations! We spoke several times prior to wedding day. Every time we spoke he paid attention to detail and he helped me to think of things that I might have overseen. On wedding day Tim arrived on time (despite lots of local traffic) and spent almost the entire day with me. I barely ever noticed him unless he was coming up with a genius idea to move something for a great shot or have my husband and I dance before people came so that we could chat and get a great video of us dancing in an empty room. Not only was Tim great the day of but he emailed me my wedding trailer not even a week after my event! The trailer was a perfect summary of my wedding day and brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it. I would highly recommend Timothy Bakland Videography- you wont be disappointed.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/27/2013

What can I say about Tim that will accurately convey how fantastic he is? First off, we were a very late booking and he still took us on. He was extremely responsive throughout the process and really caters to what each engaged couple really wants out of their wedding video.

Tim came down to the venue to scope out the area the night before and was one of the first people I saw the day of. He and his wife were the epitome of class and professionalism. Between taking my friends and family for side interviews and the questions he asked me, he was very thorough and really captured the little parts of the day you worry about missing. What amazed me the most was how he was always right there getting the shots you wanted but you never even realized he was...he was like a video ninja! This was great because you never felt like you were on camera and it made it that much easier to be ourselves.

We received our trailer while we were still on our honeymoon! My now husband and I bawled in the airport coming home watching it because we were just so overcome with emotion for what Tim put together.

Then we got the wedding video. I was absolutely blown away by what we received. You receive a beautiful Blu-ray and DVD combo for yourself and then have the options of choosing Blu-ray or DVD for your other copies. It includes your wedding trailer, your actual wedding video, and then all the raw footage from the day.

The video is everything you want. If you're like me and you look for the little moments - the glances, the hand squeezes, the shining eyes - Tim is the guy for you. He captured everything and anything I could have wanted. I've showed our video to everyone around me capable of sight and there is never a dry eye left in the room. I cannot thank him enough for everything he and his wife did for giving us the ultimate gift - a living memory of a day that absolutely flies by. I could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Hadley · Married on 06/22/2013

I first met Tim when I was a bridesmaid in my friend Amelia's wedding and Tim had been hired as their videographer. He was fantastic and was the very first vendor I hired for my wedding based on what I had seen. I had already been impressed by his work ethic then but working with him for our wedding opened me up to how wonderful he is. Tim is so thorough and sweet and is very quick to respond with any questions we had during the planning process (and we had lots!). We made quite a few changes to our timeline and Tim was completely open-minded with all of them and made some very helpful suggestions that we used during the day, which made our wedding experience even better! When our wedding day arrived, Tim had already coordinated on a few occasions with our photographers and they worked together like they had known each other for years. My husband and I also get fairly awkward when we know we are being filmed, but Tim blended into the crowd and scenery so much that we didn't know we were on camera. The end result was absolutely amazing. Our trailer captured all of the meaningful moments from the wedding and the subtle details that could have been overlooked but made such a difference when caught on film. My husband and I truly cherish the memories that he put together for us and I would highly recommend him to any bride or groom!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Lauren · Married on 05/18/2013

Tim is an absolute mastermind! I found him through a friend and I could not have been more appreciative! My wedding 'video' is more like a hollywood-directed movie, and my groom and I were the stars. We met Tim at our venue because he wanted to be able to scope it out (he hadn't been there to film a wedding prior to our upcoming nuptials) and he mentioned that if we wanted to, we could do some pre-wedding interviews, both together and separate, and he would use the clips to weave into our actual big day footage when editing, to help narrate the story. I can't even describe how amazing the final outcome was! We had my family and my groom's family over for the premiere (17 adults and 3 children) and there wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was like reliving the wedding day all over again. It was so emotional and fulfilling, and it's a keepsake of our day that we will cherish, watch every year, and have something to show our children and our children's children someday. We loved Tim, and you will, too. :)

Sent on 11/13/2013

Sara Catherine · Married on 04/27/2013

I met with Timothy almost two years before my wedding and I knew it was a perfect match! Timothy captured every special moment and I couldn't have asked for a better videographer. Our wedding trailer brought tears to everyone's eyes that have watched it. Simply beautiful. I can't Thank Timothy enough for his outstanding work and his talent for capturing the most simple yet profound wedding moments. Take a look for yourself at our trailer: http://timothybakland.com/sara-paul-preview/movie.html
    Proof of how amazing he is! Our fairytale wedding came true through his camera lens and our hearts.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Erica · Married on 12/01/2012

I (we) could not be more pleased with our experience working with Tim! I amsolutely loved everything about him and his work! He was so kind and responsive and did a phenomenal job throughout. I was a busy bride and was bad about turning info around timely, he gently reminded me as needed and turned around the end product in no time at all. Within a few days we had an AMAZING next day edit as a sneak preview to show our families. His work is absolutely breathtaking. My entire family LOVES HIM! The video had tears of joy in everyone's eyes, he captured the essence of the day and many sweet moments I would never have seen without having a videographer. The audio recording aspect of the video is worth its weight in gold all by itself- combining it with music and imagery in the way Tim works is priceless. He is hands down an amazing and talented videographer. You will not regret your choice to work with Tim! I am going to pre-book him as a wedding present for my brother as soon as I know the date! Thank you Tim!

Sent on 03/30/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2012

I don't know where to begin. From the very first email Tim has been amazing. Always responsive and helpful at the start of my wedding planning and really helped me stay on task by sending me friendly reminders and getting the music selection for the DVD started early so I had plenty of time to think about things and never felt rushed or pressured.

The day of the wedding Tim showed up, was introduced to everyone, and I swear I didn't see or notice him the rest of the day. Not until we received our wedding DVD did I remember that he was there and he captured every moment perfectly. A lot of my friends and family had no idea I even hired a videographer, that's how amazing Tim was. Caught EVERY moment perfectly without ever being in the way and making me feel like I was on a reality tv show with cameras everywhere.

THE NEXT DAY, as in the day after our wedding we received our wedding trailer. It was just a rough copy BUT it was already better than so many trailers I had seen. We couldn't believe not only the turn around but the quality of the video. The final product only exceeded the bar that had already been set. Tim worked with our photographer to obtain a few of our wedding pictures and delivered a beautiful dvd case (by the way, hand delivered to our apartment himself!) that was personalized and perfect.

Before getting this dvd I always said I wouldn't want to watch it for at least a year, well I watched it the day we got it, and have watched it multiple times since, to the point my husband is starting to question whether I married him for love or because I wanted to star in my own movie. I can say it enough, the quality of the dvd (and blu-ray) are amazing. Tim was an absolute pleasure to work with and I've been sharing our wedding trailer with everyone and I cannot recommend him enough.

I was on the fence about hiring a wedding videographer, but I have to say it was the best choice I made and we picked the absolute best one. Tim, you're a rock star

Sent on 02/28/2013

Meghan · Married on 10/06/2012

I just finished watching my full DVD and my husband and I couldn't be happier. Tim has been amazing to work with since day 1. Like most couples, we were on the fence about hiring a videographer and we are so glad we did! Tim does an amazing job capturing emotions that can't be caught on film. It's so fun looking back and seeing every smile, laugh and tear. You are making one of the best decisions by booking Tim and he is worth every penny. He has a talent at what he does and you can trust knowing the end result is something that can be cherished forever.

Sent on 12/10/2012

Where do I start!?

Tim, from the start, was amazing and quick in responding to me when I was looking for a videographer! His mellow personality and kindness is what a bride needs during the wedding process. He was also very flexible when meeting with us, even after the wedding, as he agreed to meet us in a half way point from where he works and where we live.

What we truly loved was that he paid attention to detail, as I had asked. For example, I asked him to make sure he capture my dog, and certain aspects of my wedding and he did that and beyond. I happened to forget to tell him about certain details, such as my grandmother's locket that I wanted him to capture, and he did it without me asking. He knows exactly what to capture and how to capture it! The work he does is beyond what I expected from a videographer to be very honest. I also received my video so quickly. Let me explain that further, I was on my honeymoon, the week after my wedding mind you, and he had sent me a trailer of my wedding! I was beyond happy to see that and was honestly shocked how quickly he did that! He is the best! And, on top of that, no one noticed that he and his wife were at our wedding videotaping. He did a wonderful job capturing the night without being in the way in any possible manner. I wish I could work with him more! He not only our videographer but also agreed to bring over the men's boutonnieres to the church and the pew bows! Thanks for that!

His work is worth every penny! I honestly believe that a video, where you can hear the voices of my parents and grandparents talking is such a important/ precious memory. (Even though I had both and I love love love my photographers as well!) I cannot thank Tim enough! I wish I were getting married again or some type of major event would come my way that I could use him again, as I love and I MEAN LOVE MY WEDDING VIDEO! Thanks so much Tim! I truly cannot thank you enough!!!! =)
    With love, Jon & Eileen

Sent on 11/09/2012
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/01/2012

Jason and I watched our wedding video last night and it was AMAZING!!! The quality of the film, the music, the editing...all of it was perfection! Tim completely captured the feel of the entire day, from the ceremony to the reception (it looks and feels exactly as I remember it). I'd also like to mention what a pleasure it was to work with Tim before, on and after the big day. He was warm, professional and just an over all joy to work with. I have and will continue to recommend Tim's services, he is an all star.
    Tara and Jay

Sent on 10/25/2012

Maegan · Married on 08/10/2012

The best videographer!!! He worked very well with our photographer whom he had never met before. We recieved our wedding trailer within days after the wedding, which we were not expecting. Tim simply went above and beyond our expectations!!!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Dorothy · Married on 07/21/2012

Tim Bakland provided videography for 2 of my daughters weddings. (One was 5 years ago) We were extremely pleased with the results.....Tim is wonderful to work with and has an amazing eye for detail.

Sent on 08/20/2012

Meghan · Married on 06/30/2012

It is hard to believe that the first time I met Tim was the day of my wedding. After several emails and phone calls over the course of wedding planning, I had felt like I had know Tim forever. He is quick to respond to emails, incredibly professional and flexible. He provides his clients with many opportunity to personalize their video to their liking and has the ability to work off of what the client wants and makes the video 100x better than we could have dreamed.

On the day of the wedding, Tim and his wife showed up on time, and maybe even a lil early, ready and eager to start, they got right to work. In his very unobtrusive style, Tim and his wife were able to capture all of the big and small, precious moments of the day. My family and friends keep saying how you never even knew Tim was there, as he literally captured EVERYTHING! He was even so flexible as to stay an extra hour to make sure we got all the craziness that occurred on the dance floor!

Less than a week after we got married, Tim had our trailer ready for us and what a treat to wake up to while we were on our honeymoon! And less than a month after we got married we had our video in hand along with the copies to share with our family and friends!!!! I don't think you can be more efficient and quick than that! The quality is amazing - and I will watch it over and over again.

I could not have asked for a better videographer - he comes highly recommended. Thank you Tim for making our memories so special and beautiful!!!!!

Meghan & Dan
    Red Lion Inn Cohasset, MA

Sent on 07/24/2012

Marissa · Married on 06/24/2012

Video quality was amazing! It was like watching an actual movie in the theater. So much more than i could have imagined.

Sent on 08/16/2012

Kimberly · Married on 05/27/2012

Tim and Andrea were amazing! Our wedding video is absolutely gorgeous, and we have received major compliments from all our friends and family. Tim's artistic style and editing abilities made our video unique and special. I recommend him to everyone I know getting married. Tim is professional, courteous and unobtrusive. It was a pleasure having him and Andrea at our wedding and I am so happy we chose him.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Tim and Andrea are fabulous! Tim did my wedding video and he did an amazing job. The video was artfully done and Tim was a pleasure to work with. I can't say enough about his professionalism and artistic talent. The turn around for our preview and then for the full video was so fast! Definitely book Tim- you'll regret it if you don't!!!!

Sent on 11/29/2012

Teresa · Married on 05/12/2012

Timothy Bakland Videography was amazing to work with. Tim is such a creative and easy going individual. He was responsive with all my questions and really caught the fun and amazing day we had! Which is amazing considering that he was so unobtrusive at the wedding, I forgot he was even there!! The video will be something we will cherish forever!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/29/2012

We celebrated our wedding on April 29, 2012 up in Gloucester, MA. We started our wedding planning process a year and a half earlier agreeing that we would not spend our wedding budget on a videographer. We both didn't want to incur the cost and thought photographs would be more than enough. We also witnessed friends and family retain videographers for their wedding and hated what we saw--intrusive extroverts directing and redirecting the events of the day in order to get "camera shots," bright lights, interviewing of guests at diner to say something to the "newleyweds," etc. We wated no part of this. Hiring a videographer was one of the last things we did and it was one of the best decisions we made.

We interviewed 3 videographers and immediately liked Tim's laid-back and professional personality. He was detailed, responsive, candid about costs, and flexible about traveling to film. He also met with us a week before our wedding to calm our nerves and go over last-minute logistics.

The reviews say it all! Tim worked amazingly well with our loud-Italian families. He worked very well with our other vendors, including our photographers. He was laid back and unobtrusive. We barely noticed he was there!

Tim's professionalism and responsiveness cannot be beat. He is a true gem! We were thrilled to receive our video trailer before we evern returned from our honeymoon. It was amazing! Within weeks thereafter, and within a month of our wedding, we received our DVDs. The packaging is beautiful. The qualitty is outstanding. The color and cinematography is breathtaking. We wanted a bit of a vintage/ old holywood vibe and he captured that perfectly. He worked with us regarding our music selection and truly did a beautiful job.

We will cherish these videos forever. They capture so many moments that we missed during such an important day--guests dancing, grandparents' facial expressions, and our 2 year old ringbearer in action....priceless. Our photos are outstaning, too, however, there is something to be said for forever having our parents' mannersims and speeches and our vows recorded.

We very highly recommend Tim. A true professional and one of our favorite vendors. In the crazy, hectic wedding planning process--Tim makes this part easy. Look no further!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Kathy · Married on 09/25/2011

Timothy was the videographer for my fall wedding at Turner Hill in Ipswich MA. I was extremely happy with his work and professionalism. The wedding video captured my day beautifully, it was done very artistically and captured all the special moments. Tim is very easy to work with and his turnaround times were right on schedule. We were actually on our honeymoon in Italy when we got the trailer to our video. It was amazing to see it and I knew the final results would perfect. I can’t thank Tim enough for capturing my wedding, I will always have this video to cherish.

My husband also loved the Blu-ray option. (guys!)

Thanks again Tim!