Tidewater Disc Jockeys Reviews

25 | Virginia Beach, VA

25 Reviews for Tidewater Disc Jockeys

Cindy · Married on 07/20/2013

Rex was an outstanding, personable, crowd-friendly DJ. He made our wedding reception flow well and very fun. He has great ideas that are executed smoothly. Thank you, Rex!

Cindy · Married on 10/13/2012

Rex of Tidewater Disc Jockeys was the BEST! He kept the party moving at just the right pace. He worked with my daughter and son-n-law so they would have just the type of wedding reception they wanted...and they did. Everyone (including the 80+ year olds) danced and had a great time right up to the end. Even the Williamsburg Winery was very, very impressed with Rex- and they see a lot of DJs. I also appreciated that we could understand him on the microphone and that he helped take movies for us. We will use Rex again for my second daughter's wedding this spring.

Kathleen · Married on 08/11/2012

Rex did an awesome job at my wedding. I had many guest tell me I had the best wedding DJ they ever experienced. Rex let me know when everything was going to happen and even brought me water when we were taking pictures outside. Having Rex there made for a very stress free reception for my husband and I. I can't say enough good things about my reception music and our experience with Tidewater Disc Jockeys.

Chris · Married on 06/03/2012

Great event, great DJ! Professional and friendly.

Ashley · Married on 09/04/2011

Rex was amazing! He made my special day everything I wanted it to be and more. I didn't have to worry about anything, he handled everything very professionally! He made time to meet with me and my husband to make sure we were on the same page about every little detail so it could be just right. All of my guests are still asking me about him and commenting on how great he was. I would recommend their service to everyone!!!

Colette · Married on 05/21/2011

So professional Read the crowd so well. We had a fabulous time........worth every penny!

Allyson · Married on 03/12/2011

My sister and I both used Rex as our DJ for our wedding reception. We love his enthusiasm and his ability to entertain a crowd. He listens to your ideas and delivers exactly what you want on your wedding day. I love the service that Tidewater DJ provides and the entire staff is very friendly and committed to proving you the best music and entertainment that the whole group will love. I stronly recommend them for your next event.

Susan · Married on 02/26/2011

all of my guests commented on how great the DJ was. He and his assistant made the reception fun and it flowed well. Their personalities and actions were just what I was looking for, a fun and happy party!

• Courtney

Courtney · Married on 10/22/2010

Rex is very professional and wonderful. He puts on a great experience for all the guests and trys to make your day more special.

kay · Married on 10/22/2010

Rex was fabulous. He kept the party going and our guests enjoyed his savvy and professionalism.

• F

Fred · Married on 10/16/2010

One of the very best DJ services I have ever seen. Rex has performed at both of our daughter's reception and he was excellent both times. He manages the reception and you sit back and enjoy - Fred & Eileen Sundstrom

Carley · Married on 10/16/2010

Rex is an amazing DJ, I can not tell you how many of our wedding guests commented across the evening about how much fun they were having and how the music that was being played was keeping them partying! I would HIGHLY recommend Tidewater DJ's and especially Rex for anyone who is looking for the best in wedding music! They are the BEST!!!

Eileen · Married on 10/16/2010

Tidewater Disc Jockeys (Rex) have provided the entertainment at the wedding receptions of our two daughters in the past year. Save yourself some money because you won't need a wedding planner to orchestrate your reception - Rex did that and coordinated with the reception staff. I can't begin to tell you how 'blown away' the guests were and they couldn't stop talking about what a great job Tidewater DJs did and all the fun they had. If you want the best reception and a memorable time look no further than Rex.

Alexis · Married on 08/14/2010

REX is the BEST!!!! I worked at a hotel and saw a ALOT ALOT of parties and I can tell you that Rex really knows how to make a wedding, office party, Batmitzvah, or family get together fun!! He was soo great at my wedding and now every year he does our associations annual ball! He's good and he always dresses to match the party! Thanks REX we never ever stop bragging about you

Anne Marie · Married on 08/07/2010

The Rexpert was right! Entertainment is the important ingredient to a highly successful wedding reception. Rexpert will provide the perfect entertainment that you desire for your special day. He was engaged and entertaining without over doing it. He can read a crowd and get everyone on the dance floor. If you are looking for the perfect DJ for your event, call the Rexpert!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 06/25/2010

If you are getting married, or heck, even having any kind of party in which you require a DJ, use Tidewater DJ's!!!! We had Rex for our wedding and he was FANTASTIC! In our consultation with him, he told us exactly what he would do, and he did just that and more. He went through every detail with us and did an amazing job. We highly recommend him, or any of the DJ's there for that matter. They are very professional in their appearance and approach. They use quality equipment and are very pleasant to communicate with. Each DJ has many years of experience and will certainly do everything they can to make sure not only you and your significant other have a great time but that each and every one of your guests will enjoy have a great time too. I could go on and on about the quality of service, but know that we were so happy with everything they provided, probably the best vendor we dealt with during the whole thing. He was worth every penny we paid for him and the package. You won't be disappointed if you use Tidewater DJ's!!

• W

Rebekah · Married on 12/18/2009

Our DJ was amazing and so much more than just a DJ. He was the life of our reception! We had the Rexpert as our DJ. He was wonderful! After we had picked him we told our photographers at Custom Photography and they said we would not be let down by him. They were right! I would refer Tidewater DJs to everyone who is in need of a DJ for their event! : )

Chela · Married on 05/29/2011

Awesome job! We can't believe this was just a "homebrew option." We received so many comments from all ages. He even incorporated music that we wanted at the last minute. Too bad that this has to end so soon :-(...we will definitely recommend you all!

Mary Ann · Married on 10/08/2011

The DJ played all the music we requested at our wedding and made it a great reception.

• Beth

Beth · Married on 10/09/2010

The Rexpert is totally worth any extra expense for a wedding reception!! With 2 children getting married 7 weeks apart, my husband and I weren't exactly convinced that spending extra money on a great DJ package would really be worth it in the end. After 2 consultations with Rex we decided to take a chance and we hoped that we wouldn't be disappointed. We weren't. Nor were the bride and groom or any of the guests. Many guests throughout the evening told us that this was the BEST wedding reception they'd ever attended and wanted to know who the DJ was. From group hugs to love tunnels, the entertainment provided by Rex was outstanding and I highly recommend Tidewater DJ's for any future event where FUN is in order!!

Stephanie · Married on 05/23/2009

Tidewater DJs was great to work with. Jeff, our DJ, did a fantastic job and was very personable and professional to work with. He did an amazing job at the reception and played a great variety of music. He was very energetic and made sure to keep everyone on the dance floor throughout the evening.

Lindsey · Married on 05/23/2009

Overall a good experience with Tidewater DJ's. The DJ was great and really got the crowd motivated to hit the dance floor. I was a picky bride and probably much to their dismay sent detailed lists of particular music---my husband and I wanted specific songs that were important to us played during the night. However, they really accomodated us (and our slightly obscure music tastes) and did a great job of delivering everything we asked for and more! The only complaint I have---and this is not a DJ complaint---is that I filled out a form online with all of the music selections and they upgraded their system at some point and lost my form so I had to do it all over again which was a bit of a pain. BUT, everything worked out and the reception rocked!

Heidi · Married on 05/17/2009

Rex did a great job and was very accommodating when we needed set up to be done sooner than expected and ceremony music at the last minute. He did a great job keeping the reception moving, and taking the pressure of me to make sure things happened on time

• W

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2009

4.2

Rex was an excellent DJ. He kept the crowd up and dancing so that everyone- young and old- would have an enjoyable time.

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2008

2.6
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0
      2.5

I had a few complaints from guests about the DJ not being receptive to music requests. I also had a bridesmaid tell me that the DJ made negative comments about the photographer taking too long (even though it was at MY request). The DJ met with me several times and had to argue that I needed more than 15 minutes for photography. I planned for one hour and thought I had expressed for plan for the DJ to have guest activities during this time, but everyone was sort of left waiting around for me. I was, however, extremely pleased with their ability to accommodate the location of my wedding ceremony. It was on the beach, at the sound quality of the music outside was exceptional.

Sent on 02/17/2010

Tidewater Disc Jockeys's reply:

It is our company policy to avoid playing lyrically challenged music. Some clients or friends of clients may take offense to the fact that the entertainer did not play “their song”. Taking the high road, we would rather error on the safe side. It is also our policy to ensure that a function is orchestrated in an organized manner. It is not recommended to keep guests waiting for a prolong period of time if at all possible.