Third Season Jazz Reviews

10 | La Jolla, CA

10 Reviews for Third Season Jazz

Louise · Married on 10/05/2012

We had the pleasure of hiring Third Season Jazz for our wedding last October and were thrilled with the entire experience. Their 5 piece live quintet played perfect music as our guests arrived for our sunset ceremony on the patio of Birch Aquarium overlooking the Pacific Ocean. They played all the pieces we requested for the actual ceremony and then continued to play enchanting cocktail background music for the next hour and a half before the DJ started playing our dance music. The transition throughout the evening was seamless.
    The musicians are all first rate and very professional. I was especially impressed at Ian's flexibility in locating a top rate vocalist on such short notice since I decided only 1 week before the wedding that I'd like to walk down the aisle to a particular vocal piece. I would enthusiastically recommend Third Season Jazz for your wedding (or any other celebration!).

We were looking for a classy, jazzy cocktail hour at our wedding along with some trumpet/piano music for our ceremony. My husband and his family are all musicians so we wanted to make sure we booked the right band. I found Third Season Jazz on Gigmasters.com so I was already fairly sure they were a good pick since they had good reviews. Working with Ian, the manager, was a total breeze. He even forgave us when we were late on song choices so very flexible, too! :) We ended up having a trumpeter and piano player do La Vie en Rose, Autumn Leaves and Somewhere Over the Rainbow for our ceremony - it was beautiful! Many guests commented on how great the vibe was during cocktail hour and the first hour of dinner by having a live band play jazz standards. If you want to add a classy/fun element to your big day, I highly recommend this group. Very professional.

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 06/10/2012

I hired Ian to play solo flute at my wedding ceremony. It turned out to be wonderful! Beyond the music being beautiful, he was easy to work with, quick to respond and came dressed very professionally. I was very impressed and highly recommend his services. Thanks for helping to make our day perfect!

My husband and I both love jazz music, so it was natural to choose a jazz combo for our wedding reception. The Third Season Jazz website says they will help you "Add a touch of class and sophistication to any event," and we found this to be absolutely true. They were extremely easy to work with -- we just sent them a list of our favorite artists (Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, Cole Porter, etc.) and they put together a playlist. They even made arrangements with a friend of ours so she could sing a song for our first dance. We had many comments from our guests about how great the music was, and one of them even convinced Ian to give him a demo CD of the band's music. I would definitely hire this band again, if I needed to plan an event with live music.

• W

Daniel · Married on 10/03/2009

We thought Third Season Jazz were perfect. For our ceremony we had some non-standard songs which they played on flute and guitar and did an amazing job. After the ceremony, they played jazz and bebop standards for our hour-long cocktail (sax, guitar, bass and drums). Again they sounded great. I highly recommend these guys.

• Z

Jayanti · Married on 12/31/2008

We absolutely enjoyed Third Season Jazz perform at our wedding!!! They are extremely talented and a pleasure to work with. Our guests could not stop raving about them. The selection of songs that they performed was perfect for the event and the mood. They were very responsive to request from our guests. They really are an amazing blues band and went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect! They performed "Love of My Life" by Dave Matthews as a special request for our first dance and we were blown away by how close their rendition was to the original. We were hesitant to book a band due to the higher cost of a band compared to a DJ but Third Season Jazz is definitely worth the extra money and more. We are so thankful we were able to book them, especially on New Year's Eve. You can't go wrong by booking them!

Amanda · Married on 06/14/2008

The band was recommended to me by a good friend, and I just have to say that they were awesome!!! Dealing with scheduling and logistics they were very professional and when it came to the music, WOW! They did a very beautiful Guitar/Flute duo during the ceremony, and a full on pro Jazz band for the reception. Everybody wanted to know how we found the band, and I am sure they got a few fans out of playing our wedding (We are 2 of them!).

Anna · Married on 09/30/2006

Ian and his band were great! The music was perfect for our event, and they played a beautiful version of the song we picked for our first dance. All the members of the band were very professional, on time, and easy to get a hold of during the planning.

Andrea · Married on 10/17/2009

Third Season Jazz were wonderful!! I hired a flutist and guitarist to perform both my ceremony music and for my cocktail hour. I wanted very modern ceremony music and they delivered!! I walked down the aisle to a Michael Jackson medly (as requested) and the groom to My Morning Jacket and Coldplay. We received so many compliments on their performance. You could really tell what songs were being played and their composition of these pieces based upon the instruments were beautiful. Ian is a pleasure to work with, very professional and need very little guidance. Third Season Jazz will deliver...and more!! I highly recommend them and in fact have sent several brides to them after our wedding success.

Lezlie · Married on 03/10/2007

I feel so blessed to have had Ian Tordella, the sax player of Third Season Jazz play at our wedding. Having live jazz at the La Jolla Woman's Club was an important element to achieve the level of class and sophistication we were aiming for. A sample CD was sent to me right after I contacted Ian about the possibility of playing at my wedding and I was also able to watch a performance in San Diego beforehand by visiting the band's website and seeing their gig schedule. My mother is a professional singer and the band was great about letting her sing and even learned our first dance song. I'm looking forward to the day when Ian Tordella picks up his first Grammy and I can brag that he played at my wedding.