The Winery San Francisco Reviews

6 | San Francisco, CA

6 Reviews for The Winery San Francisco

Christine · Married on 06/22/2013

I am so glad we went with The Winery SF for our June wedding. The coordinator (Jen) is so professional, responsive and helpful, it made the planning process fun. The wine is delicious, too! They have many linen colors to choose from and the lighting colors are very nice.

The food is delicious! The caterer (Judy) is fantastic! Our guests were so pleased with the venue, location, ambiance, and food!! I recommend this vendor 100%!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Christine · Married on 06/22/2013

We thoroughly enjoyed having our wedding reception at the Winery SF! We were able to have Jen Knecht as our coordinator, and she is absolutely amazing!! If you are able to have your wedding and/or reception here, we highly recommend Jen as the coordinator. She is organized, responsive, smart, professional, creative, and fun!! Jen made our wedding planning experience enjoyable! She is very easy to work with; my husband and I can't say enough great things about Jen! She is fantastic!

We did in-house catering by Judy, and we were so pleased!! Every single item on the menu is DELICIOUS! Judy is a phenomenal chef and caterer. We did appetizers during cocktail hour, 3 entrees, and 3 sides for our reception dinner. Guests were pleasantly surprised with how flavorful and delicious the food was! Judy also caters to different dietary needs i.e. vegan, gluten-free, etc. We submitted a few different dietary plates for our guests, and Judy prepared them very nicely! She is amazing! You need to choose in-house catering at the Winery SF!

Sent on 07/25/2013

Christine · Married on 06/22/2013

We had our wedding reception at The Winery SF and could not have been happier to celebrate here! We truly enjoyed our experience with the wedding planning - Jen Knecht is the absolute best!! She really got to know my husband and I, and gave her expert advice while we decided what was best for our wedding.

Jen is very professional, experienced, and always wants the best for us. She helped us create our dream wedding reception, and was there to make sure everything went as planned. It was so comforting to know Jen was available to answer all questions leading up to the wedding and to execute our plan so flawlessly on our wedding day! We highly recommend Jen Knecht as an experienced, fabulous wedding coordinator!

We went with the in-house catering and were SO very pleased! Judy is the cook and caterer and is phenomenal! We are still getting compliments on the food from our wedding - absolutely delicious! We had a tasting beforehand and chose a nice variety for the wedding guests. Judy caters to people with dietary restrictions and offers plates such as vegan, vegetarian, etc. It was so nice to have an experienced cook like Judy handle all of the appetizers and meals for the wedding! She is very nice to work with!!

The wine is delicious!! My husband and I joined the wine club as we were planning our wedding here. The staff at The Winery SF are so friendly, personable, and fun to be around! I recommend The Winery SF to all out of town visitors as they have delicious wine and you can not beat the location!! Best view of SF and the bay!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Mary · Married on 08/04/2012

I recently just had my wedding at this venue and it was everything I imagined it would be. We were looking for a modern venue with a rustic feel and this place was perfect.

I had a few contacts when I first started wedding planning but Kara was the person who I ended up working with. She was good with answering all my questions and worked with me on my ideas...especially with having a circular shape for our ceremony versus the traditional 2 aisle.

We loved that everything was in one location. We had our ceremony outside overlooking the harbor, the cocktail reception was in the loft area and the reception was on the crush floor (main barrel room). The Winery also had a great package which included most of everything you needed. We didn't order a dance floor and didn't need one. The Winery floor worked great with barrels outlining the dance floor. Having an open bar was affordable and we had a buffet instead of a plated meal.

I definitely recommend having your wedding on a Sat (since I don't think there's a difference in cost to have it on a Fri). The traffic on the bridge on Fri was a bit chaotic so getting to our rehearsal was a little difficult. I recommend leaving for the venue early. Traffic on Sat for the wedding wasn't too bad.

Overall the Winery helped us throw a GREAT party and everyone had a blast. I wish I could do it all over again :).

Sent on 08/27/2012

Lydia · Married on 06/16/2012

My fiance (now husband) were looking for a unique wedding venue and we were fortunate enough to find it! The crush floor was just what we were looking for! It was modern and minimalist but had all the charm and flair of a winery. Everyone was amazed by the views of SF! The people there were very easy to work with and responsive and catered to our every need.

Sent on 06/21/2012

3.5
      3.5

A beautiful venue for weddings.

Sent on 12/08/2014