The Old Cigar Warehouse Reviews

The Old Cigar Warehouse 6
The Old Cigar Warehouse 7

Mary · Married on 08/07/2015

3.5

We loved this venue the moment we saw. It has such a unique charm. We were very pleased w/ the willingness for them to work on the bar set up. All the staff were super friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jamie · Married on 04/29/2016

3.5

The venue was gorgeous and they do excellent day of directing, but there was a feeling more than once that they did not have time for us, or were trying to hurry us along. Overall a very positive experience!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Kally · Married on 12/30/2018

3.6
      3.0

Ended up being the best day, but not without hiccups

Our actual wedding day was absolutely fantastic and was everything that I had imagined. However, the planning process with OCW was frustrating. Before booking this beautiful venue, I would advise any bride to ask many clarifying questions, as I received contradicting responses on multiple occasions. What didn't help was their change in management during our planning process with a lack of communication in their transition- which hopefully won't happen for future brides. The morning of our rehearsal, we had to wait beyond our starting time because no one was there to let us in. Four days before our wedding, my planner was notified that our table layout wouldn't work because it was in a fire zone, when we had been sending them floor plans for months before the wedding.

In summary: I really loved the aesthetic and environment here, the day-of staff was phenomenal (from OCW and Liquid Catering), it was just the planning process was made more stressful because of managing staff we worked with. We had 200 people with a seated dinner and cocktail hour that was out on the deck under a tent. Cocktail hour was definitely tighter than I wanted and/or expected it to be, but dinner was so wonderful and we were able to fit 200 comfortably.

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • Michael

Michael Good · Married on 04/19/2019

Beautiful Venue - Customer Service Lackluster

Very beautiful venue, but as others have stated - the service is very impersonal. Even the final details meeting was very pins and needles, albeit no reason for it to be. As others have stated, the day of "manager" is not the "manager" whom you work with leading up to the event. At first (prior to signing the contract) the attention, responsiveness, and customer service is top notch. However, after signing the contract, and paying the initial deposit - this all fades.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 11/12/2016

3.0

The venue was amazing. Only downfall is our original wedding day coordinator resigned a month before our wedding so we were assigned a new day of coordinator so things didn't go as smooth as it should of, and a lot was placed on my husband for that day when he should of been able to relax and not worry about things for the wedding as the day of coordinator should of handled. Hopefully, the day of coordinator we were assigned has improved in order to alleviate stress not only off the bride, but the groom as well.

Sent on 07/01/2017

2.4
      0.5
      3.0

My wedding was in April and was absolutely beautiful at this venue. However, they were not very accommodating. I found that working with them was VERY difficult. I had to jump through so many hoops for them and ended up at the last minute having to find someone else to do my cake because this venue would not approve my cake baker.

I found the interaction with the staff to be very impersonal and too business-like. When meeting for my final review before the big day there was a lot of tension. It was my understanding that I rented the space, and so I hired a wedding coordinator to help me coordinate the event. But, the staff was so demanding and would not allow me to use the space how I desired. As a bride this was very frustrating. You envision your day and pay money for your idea of the perfect venue, only to meet with the venue coordinator and be told over and over "It can't be done". When arranging tables and setting up the rooms everything was computerized. I felt that there was absolutely no wiggle room in where to position a table because of their over inflated view of how the room "should" be arranged. As far as I was concerned I paid for the space and really would have appreciated a little bit of freedom in what I did with it. All the vendors are required to prove their insurance so if any damage resulted from moving a table just a foot closer then it would have been covered by insurance.

The day of my event was just fine. The girl who worked my event was not even the same one I sat with in meetings. The venue was beautiful and at the end of the day I was married but it was quite a headache along the way.

I would recommend this venue simply because it's beautiful but just be warned the planning process may not go very smoothly.

Sent on 05/27/2014

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing the Old Cigar Warehouse and for your detailed feedback! We always love to hear your thoughts. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with your actual wedding day and the performance of our staff.

We are a hands-on, full-service venue and pride ourselves on not just “handing over the keys” when the space is rented but rather, use our experience and knowledge of events and our space to help guide you to a layout that will create the most ideal experience for you and your guests. Our layout software is meant to be used as a helpful tool since it shows the room drawn to scale and is never meant to be a restriction. We are, of course, limited to restraints sometimes due to the size of our rooms and unique features that take up space. The advice we offer on how to best use the space is always meant to benefit you and your guests. We apologize if you felt differently but hope you were still pleased with the layout and flow and that all of your guests were comfortable throughout the evening.

We recognize that we have policies in place that may differ from other venues but are sorry to hear you felt as though you had to jump through hoops. We were under the impression that you understood our policies explained during the booking process and why we were unable to approve a vendor who was uninsured. Hopefully you found our extensive list of approved bakers to be helpful when you chose a new one!

We will certainly take all of your feedback into consideration as we move forward. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any other concerns. We do, sincerely, appreciate your recommendation and wish you nothing but happiness in your marriage! All the best!
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/27/2018

2.2
      1.0

Disappointed

The Old Cigar Warehouse is a beautiful venue and our guests had a great time the day of the wedding. The wedding went well the day of. However, the planning leading up to the wedding made a stressful time even more stressful. We were misquoted several times and had several additional miscommunications. The management was very inflexible to work with during each of these interactions. Considering the price compared to comparable venues, it shouldn’t have been so difficult to work with them.

Sent on 11/10/2018