The Old Cigar Warehouse Reviews

73 | Greenville, SC

73 Reviews for The Old Cigar Warehouse

Amanda Gambill · Married on 10/20/2018

Stunning venue, excellent Staff

The venue is absolutely stunning and needs very little outside decoration brought in. It is one of the most popular venues in town so it books well in advance but it's worth it and still afordable. The venue welcomes all couples and supports marriage equality. The venue staff are very fast at responding and setting up meeting times to fit your schedule. They provide all of your bar needs, tables, linens, and can customize the space to fit your needs and desire. Staff can turnover quickly, but in the end our wedding coordinator with Old Cigar, Hillary, was fantastic. She contacted all of our vendors, made sure everyone was on the same page, and stepped up at every turn to make sure each moment ran smoothly. She was always there to be our advocate and made sure we were happy and getting what we wanted. She was the best. I would recommend this venue and its staff to everyone.

Laurel · Married on 07/07/2018

Choosing the Old Cigar Warehouse as our venue was one of the easiest wedding decisions we made. It is a truly stunning space, and their events team was great.

Sent on 08/12/2018

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Laurel, Thank you so much for the great review and for choosing us! We enjoyed getting to know you through the planning process!

Jeanette · Married on 06/30/2018

Absolutely beautiful venue! The team was wonderful and truly helped make our wedding day an amazing one!

Sent on 09/04/2018

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you Jeanette for choosing The Old Cigar Warehouse! We are thrilled you enjoyed your wedding experience with us. Congratulations again!

Mary · Married on 03/10/2018

To say that everyone LOVED venue for my daughter's wedding would accurately describe what we heard over and over again the entire evening! The Old Cigar Warehouse is a great combination of old style, elegance and dramatic features. Not only is the venue outstanding, but the team is one of a kind! Event Directors Casey and Aryonna were so very attentive, helpful and accessible. There was an entire team on hand throughout the entire evening to include OCW Mangers! This is an excellent place for a wedding! It was top notch all the way!

Sent on 03/12/2018

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Mary! Your day was absolutely stunning, we wish we could go back and do it again!

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

The Old Cigar Warehouse is such a beautiful space and we had tons of guests tell us how much they loved the venue! They were very professional to work with and were very quick about answering emails. Everything ran very smoothly- we chose vendors on their preferred list and I would highly recommend all of them. Our photographer, coordinator, officiant, band, florist, and caterer were all familiar with the venue which made things that much easier. Their staff was great and Tammy made sure we were never in need of a drink!

Sent on 11/10/2017

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Amanda! We thoroughly enjoyed your wedding and are glad to hear you did too. We totally agree that hiring vendors from our list make things go smoothly. Thanks for trusting The Old Cigar Warehouse!

Shannon · Married on 10/15/2017

My husband and I had the most incredible wedding day thanks to the OCW and the amazing staff. I absolutely loved working with Casey and Courtney. They made the wedding planning process go so smoothly.

Sent on 10/23/2017

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us Shannon!

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2017

The staff at The Old Cigar Warehouse took wonderful care of us. The planning process with them was a breeze. All of our vendors loved them as well!

Sent on 10/06/2017

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your big day. We had a great time and love to hear that you did too!

Emily · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I fell in love with OCW as soon as we walked inside. It's so beautiful and everyone we worked with was extremely professional and helpful! They made sure we'd thought of everything so our wedding would be seamless and stress-free!

Holly · Married on 10/15/2016

I cannot say enough to describe how much I loved my experience with Old Cigar Warehouse. They are true professionals. They were so easy to work with and provided great vendors to work with. Our wedding day was amazing in large part to the awesome staff, we had the pleasure to work with Sarah Kate who was so helpful and pleasant to work with throughout our process. I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to any bride!

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

I had my wedding here on October 1, 2016 and this venue/staff made it PERFECT. Not only did OCW deliver on everything they said they would, I used all of their preferred vendors as well and they were all fantastic too! I worked with Sarah Kate throughout and had Tracy as my day-of coordinator and they honestly could NOT have given me a better experience. From the emails, from the meetings, from the actual wedding day, working with this venue was one of the best decisions I made. Not only are they top notch at what they do, but they genuinely want you to have the best day possible. AND the venue is absolutely gorgeous! All of my wedding guests were blown away and loved the rustic elegance of the venue. I could literally write forever because I love this venue and Tracy and Sarah Kate so much. Thank you OCW and staff for making my wedding experience so wonderful!

Sent on 10/10/2016

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Oh Emily!! You have warmed our hearts this morning! We absolutely loved seeing you dance and celebrate your marriage amongst your friends and family! We are still talking about your fun reception dress..... you looked beautiful!! We appreciate the glowing review and are so happy that you will always be part of our Old Cigar Warehouse family. Thank you!!

Angie · Married on 07/02/2016

We had our daughter's wedding reception at OCW on 07/02/16. The venue is gorgeous. We were so pleased with the layout, the uplighting, the bar, the attitudes of the staff, it was all very professional and they were great to work with. They were great to answer questions and give solutions to a few unique requests. I would book with OCW again and will recommend them to friends and family without hesitation. Highly recommended.

Kendal · Married on 05/21/2016

The OCW is so organized and so worth the money. It was our dream venue and I'm so glad we were able to get married there. The staff is a pleasure to work with and very responsive. SO happy with how our wedding turned out.

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2016

As soon as we walked into OCW, we were in love! Beyond its beauty is an amazing staff who made our wedding stress-free and absolutely perfect! Christie and Emily were a pleasure to work with and the organization and flow on wedding day was spot on. Our friends and family still comment on how lovely and smooth everything went! I highly recommend OCW and the wedding coordinator packages! Worth every penny!

Wow - The Old Cigar Warehouse is AMAZING! Would give more stars if I could. This venue is truly unique in appearance but what's included is even better...attentive/professional/personable staff, detailed invoices/contract, and the "little" things that really matter like fully stocked restrooms, bridal suite, and security staff. My husband and I are not from the area, so it was important that our venue reflect the city that we have now grown to love so much. The Old Cigar Warehouse is from the 1800's so it did that perfectly! Our guests are still raving over how beautiful the setting was and how smooth the day flowed. Even with its vintage charm, its still set in downtown Greenville near hotels and they have a parking lot!! Huge asset. The sales team was impressive during the planning process. They were willing to coordinate all my tables, chairs, linens, and other rentals (such a life saver!) and made sure that everything was pitch perfect the day of the wedding. My 2 biggest suggestions when booking would be to 1) Book early!!! I booked 17 months in advance and my wedding month already had dates booked up. 2) Book vendors on their preferred list!!! I've been reading some reviews how it was a pain but not true. It's so simple to look at the list and find someone perfect for you. Of course I would want to work with someone who knows the venue and that they trust! Thanks again for making our dream wedding come true!

Morgan · Married on 04/22/2016

We got married in the Old Cigar Warehouse and it was one of the most beautiful and incredible experiences any bride could have asked for! Emily Peck was our coordinator from the beginning, and she is absolutely amazing. She helped us organize every piece of the Big Day, and when it got there, she handled running everything perfectly. It is a beautiful venue, and hiring Emily is a MUST! She was beyond helpful throughout the entire process.

Sent on 05/12/2016

The Old Cigar Warehouse's reply:

Morgan, Thank you so much for your kind words! We loved having you and Daniel here to celebrate your wedding reception. It was quite the party! Best to you both!

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Absolutely in loooove with this venue. It is so beautiful and the staff is truly amazing. Arynn made the whole wedding planning process so much easier especially with the fact that I was planning from CT. Choosing this venue for my big day was the best decision I made. They really have their stuff together and would definitely recommend it.

The staff at The Old Cigar Warehouse are amazing. They helped me plan the wedding of by dreams from beginning to end. The venue itself is beautiful but the staff made this the perfect place for our wedding. If you are looking for a beautiful, fun venue, this is it. And the photographs are all fantastic. Every inch of this building, inside and out, makes for wonderful photographs. No need to change locations.

Everyone at the Old Cigar warehouse was amazing! I worked with Arynn, she was very helpful, sweet, quick to answer any of my questions, flexible and made my day very special! The day of the wedding, things ran so very smooth. Arynn herself helped out in any way she could. We had the perfect setting at the OCW! I recommend it to everyone!

Kathleen · Married on 08/07/2015

Our wedding day was everything we wanted and more! One of the reasons we booked here is because they are very hands on. They ask soooo many questions...in a good way! There was so much I hadn't even thought of when I first met with them. I really liked that they coordinate a lot of things that I didn't want to have to worry about. When I arrived on our wedding day nearly everything (tables, chairs, linens) was already set up by their staff. I worked with Christie and Emily and they were both super friendly and helpful answering all of my questions. The list of vendors they provide made my life much easier and I was very happy with all of them. Another reason I loved this place was that I was able to save a lot on decorations. My guests all raved about how beautiful it was and I hardly added anything other than centerpieces on my tables. We also loved the convenience of having our ceremony and reception all in one place and downtown. Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful it was and how friendly the staff was! Even my grandma appreciated that they greeted her, helped her down the stairs and walked her inside!! I would definitely recommend!

• Sara

Sara · Married on 07/11/2015

They were so easy to work with. Arynn and the rest of the team at the OCW made planning my big day so easy and enjoyable. They took care of all of the tables, chairs and linens which saved a ton of time and they looked great! They were extremely professional every time I spoke with them. They were great!! The venue was more that I even imagined! It transformed into a beautiful space that fit my wedding vision exactly!

DIANNE · Married on 05/22/2015

The place is beautiful and the staff is wonderful. Our guest loved the venue. They know what works and are there to help you make your event the way you want it. Their vendor list is very helpful. Jennifer Dennis, the day of coordinator, was WONDERFUL! Nothing but great memories on this special day.

This is a beautiful venue! From the moment we saw it we knew this would be the place for our wedding. The place itself is beautiful so very little decoration was needed. The staff was very professional and responsive. They are a bit strict with the photographers, caterers and DJ's but it's all worth it.

Jamie · Married on 05/15/2015

I couldn't have imagined a more perfect venue for my wedding and reception! The OCW and their staff were amazing. My contact (Arynn) was incredible throughout the planning stages and sent helpful reminders along the way regarding flowers, caterers and other services. She helped to ensure I was on schedule to book my vendors and (unknowingly) made the planning process a lot less stressful. The venue is breathtaking which made my photos even more beautiful! The day was perfect and the OCW was the perfect place for our I Do's!!

• User4302083 · 2+ years ago

Groom's parents used this location for the rehearsal dinner. It was perfect! The setting, service, and professionalism were top notch!

The Old Cigar Warehouse was all I could ask from a venue + more! They were incredible. Arynn was my wedding coordinator and she was so sweet. I'm just going to write a list of all the ways that they were amazing:

-answered emails within 24 hours
    -were upfront about their policies (nothing is hidden, you know everything from the start. If you don't like their policies, don't book with them)
    -you have to get insurance for vendors if they aren't on the preferred vendor list (which they are upfront about from the start). It isn't a guarantee that they will approve the vendors, but they approved both of ours no problem at all. It cost $150 for each vendor for the insurance
    -I actually loved the preferred vendor list! It made it so easy for me to choose everything! Wedding planning can be overwhelming so when you have a list, it gives you a great place to start and I felt like they had plenty of options available.
    -We were able to rent chairs, tables, table clothes all through them and it was so wonderful! they handle all of the coordinating for this which is SO AWESOME!
    -Make sure you communicate what needs to happen during the flip with decorations, just in case one of your vendors don't
    -The day of was so smooth! I didn't have to worry about anything! Arynn helped get me down the isle on time and made me not feel as nervous.

So basically what I'm saying is, BOOK AT THE OLD CIGAR WAREHOUSE! It is such a beautiful space!