The Definitive Disc Jockey Reviews

The Definitive Disc Jockey 6
The Definitive Disc Jockey 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/27/2019

The Best Decision We've Ever Made!

Words cannot describe how PERFECT Bob made our day. We met with him a few months before the wedding, and spent a few hours going over the details - but also just chatting about us as a couple and about music. Bob really got to know us & took the time to craft an absolutely amazing wedding day musical line up. Our night was perfect and we could not have imagined a better evening! Everyone complimented us on the perfect mix up music (We had everyone from age two to 97 there!) The dance floor was not empty the entire night! I personally feel very lucky to have had Bob be my DJ all the way from my girl scout sock hops to my wedding day! Bob can literally do it all!

Sent on 08/18/2019
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 8

Sarah Reddy · Married on 06/01/2019

Wonderful and Happy

Being the Music Lover that I am Bob was very accommodating not matter how many times I changed things...He was very funny!!! And super sweet. He did not disappoint, all my guests had a great time and we’re always dancing thanks to him.

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Ariel

Ariel Tudor · Married on 12/01/2018

Best Experience Ever!

I was engaged for 2 years before I got married this past December 2018. I've heard stories and met with DJs that I either didn't connect with or didn't feel like the service provided would be what I wanted for my special day. DJ Bob was very responsive to all of my concerns and questions and communicated with me if there was any changes or ideas he had. My husband and I clicked right away once he got excited over our Disney themed wedding and jumped right on board with us in our vision to make it more personalized! DJ Bob, from The Definitive Disk Jockey, will make your day full of memories and energetic through the song choices and his charisma. My husband and I will never forget our day thanks to him!

Sent on 01/07/2019

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thank you do much! I had a great time! Glad you did too! Customers' needs are my prime concern. It's al about what the couples want, not what the DJ wants! God bless!

Rachael · Married on 11/11/2018

Best dj in rochester

From the beginning Bob was a breeze to work with. He was very flexible on meeting times and how we wanted our wedding to go. A lot of Dj's want to do it there way, not Bob. He wants your special event to go the way you envision. Bob had us fill out some very easy forms on who all was in the event and what kind of music and genres we wanted to be played. Along with a do not play list. Bob is a breeze to communicate with and easy to work with. He coordinated well with our event venue. Bob treated us and our guests on our special day with the upmost respect. The quality of his services speaks for itself. I recommend him to anybody looking for a professional, quality DJ. If I was having an event out of town I would have paid him to travel to me.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jay R · Married on 09/15/2018

Sheer Perfection...

Bob was great. He has a passion for what he does and he will settle for nothing but perfection on your special day. It was easy. We had two consultations and we met at the venue once to generate a plan. From that point, I had zero concerns. The day of the wedding, we focused on getting married and he took care of the rest. He read the crowd and the floor was never empty. We have gotten nothing but rave reviews regard how fun our wedding was. Many thanks Bob!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Gregory · Married on 08/19/2018

What a fantastic time had by all ! Bobby kept us dancing till the very end of our reception.
    A lot of our guests said that it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and we attribute a large part of that to Bobby.
    In addition, Bobby was great about coordinating with the event staff to keep the evening flowing seamleslly, with no details left out. We really appreciated Bobby's regard for the details that were important to us. His coompetance and experience gave us no doubt that everything was under control.

Sent on 09/03/2018
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 9

Jake · Married on 07/27/2018

Bob did an amazing job all night and kept the dance floor full all night! He is also very accommodating to any changes and requests we had.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Phil · Married on 07/21/2018

Our ceremony and reception were in an outdoor private setting, not open to the public, so this required additional coordination on everyone's part, including Bob's. Every question we asked, Bob's answer was, "Yes, we can do that!" Bob had to be onsite for approximately 7 hours to setup, cover the wedding cerremony, including minister and singer, followed by an hour of hors d'euvres, and three hour reception. Bob's equipment is state of the art, latest technology, and once we selected our song list, Bob did the rest. He is on top of his game supporting the AV equipment needs for the ceremony, then leads the feels the crowd very well, and gets them engaged. WE LOVED HIM!!!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Anne · Married on 05/04/2018

Professional, kind , timely and great with guests. Bob worked around my crazy schedule. I couldn’t have been any happier.

Sent on 05/10/2018
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 10
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 11
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 12
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 13
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 14
    The Definitive Disc Jockey 15

Samantha · Married on 09/09/2017

Wonderful, amazing and so many other things. Bob did eveything we asked for and made our day the funnest wedding I've been to ever. There wasn't a time that the dance floor was empty! My husband's 75 year old grandmother stayed all night because she said she just simply loved the music. It was without a doubt the best person we could have picked to do the job. We have recieve nothing but complements about him! Best DJ around!!

Sent on 09/10/2017

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thank you so much. I loved working with you and Jay. You two are a great couple. God bless.
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 09/08/2017

Bob was a joy to work with from the very beginning. Through a series of unfortunate events, my husband and I had to change our wedding date (of course after Save the Dates went out and all contracts with vendors were signed) and Bob was so accommodating and understanding. He did a great job reviewing our song requests and making suggestions as to what would be best played during each time (ex: cocktail hour vs. dinner vs dancing!). I've already recommended him to my brother and his fiance.

Sent on 09/16/2017

Michelle · Married on 07/22/2017

Bob was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding entertainment. We couldn't have asked for anyone better! From start to finish, Bob made everything easy and stress-free. Being from out of town, Bob was very flexible throughout the entire planning process and accommodated our busy schedules while we were in the Rochester area to meet. He was communicative and answered any questions we had in a very timely fashion. Bob was very prepared for our big day - he visited the venue months in advance to survey the set up, spoke with our coordinator ahead of our wedding day, and arrived hours before our reception to make sure everything was perfect. Our guests cannot stop talking about how great the music selection was. Bob was able to get the party hoping in no time! He is awesome at reading the crowd and picked the perfect songs to keep the night flowing. We loved working with Bob and would recommend him highly, hands down, to anyone!

Sent on 08/23/2017

alica · Married on 07/01/2017

For start he was very easy to get a hold of. I myself am not technically savvy and The Definitive Disc Jockey was more than accommodating to meet with me and to go over details for our wedding. Also very organized and reliable for one less thing to worry about for our big day. Once at the wedding not only was he professional, he looked professional. One of the best compliments of the night was "The music is great, great sound and great taste." He played exactly what we wanted and knew when a song just wasn't working for the guest. I highly recommend and would use him again for any event!

Sent on 08/12/2017
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 06/10/2017

Bob did a fantastic job with our wedding. From the initial meeting to the day of the event, Bob was extremely easy to work with and very professional. He was prompt with communication prior to the wedding and on the day of kept things running smoothly and on time. Most importantly, he kept our guests up and dancing the entire night! We are so happy we booked him and would highly recommend him to others.

Sent on 07/15/2017

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thanks Felicia and Robert. It was a true pleasure working with both of you from start to finish! May God bless you with many years of married bliss.

Brian · Married on 05/20/2017

I'd recommend Bob to anybody. He was great during the wedding planning phase - flexible, accommodating, punctual, and thorough - and even better on the day of, coordinating A/V for the entire ceremony and then keeping the dance floor full all night. Hire this guy.

Sent on 06/08/2017

Ryan · Married on 03/04/2017

Bob did an AMAZING job with our wedding. He was easy to work with from the very first meeting we had. He really listened to what we had to say and offered great advice, solidifying that he definitely knows what he is talking about. The dance floor was packed the whole entire night - from the time dinner was finished til the very last second we had the venue. He played music that people of all ages loved and could dance to. A DJ makes or breaks your wedding - seriously. Bob definitely made ours. Thank you!

Sent on 03/19/2017

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thanks so much Ryan. I'm glad you enjoyed the day. It was so enjoyable for me as well. We will keep in touch! God bless.

Kristen · Married on 10/01/2016

When picking a DJ for our wedding it was one of my biggest concerns and he made it easy and stress free from start to finish. When first deciding he gave us a guide of what to look for in a DJ to get the best experience possible and he was that DJ! He was readily available by email and phone and stayed on top of planning and even helped with great recommendations since he was also involved in the ceremony. He showed up hours before the event to setup and make sure everything was in order. The quality of the equipment was exceptional and perfect for our outdoor location. All the guest couldn't sing his praise loud enough they loved his friendly and energenic demeanor and were so excited he was playing all of there request, while still respecting our request to not play explicit songs or corny wedding songs. His library is very diverse and every song that was requested he had and it ranged from classical rock and country to new hits that are on the radio now. He is great at reading the room and making sure everyone is having a great time. Overall I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect DJ for our special day and will be highly recommending him to anyone I know!

Sent on 10/16/2016

Mark · Married on 08/08/2016

We hired Bob to DJ for our wedding on short notice, and we could not have been happier with the service he provided. He worked around our schedules for planning meetings and guided us every step of the way in selecting music and planning the audio for the ceremony and reception. He brought up issues that we never would have thought of, and ensured anything that could go wrong was prevented. We got married on a boat. He independently worked with the venue to mitigate any concerns, and even took a trip out to the boat launch ahead of the event to make sure everything would go smoothly.

Right from the start, Bob made it clear that this was our evening and he would do everything he could to accomodate our musical and ceremonial tastes. The worksheets he used helped us know what decisions we needed to make. He had or purchased all the music we wanted, and had suggestions for some we weren't sure of. He made everything so easy.

On the big day, he was there early and got all the equipment set up. He brought backups just in case anything should go wrong. Though the day was hot, he dressed in a tux and fit right in. He kept the guests entertained and the dance floor full. Since we had many young children in attendance, he was funny without vulgarity.

Bob was a pleasure to work with and very professional. His organization and planning skills really saved us and helped ensure the day was storybook perfect. We recommend him highly and would happily hire him again.

Sent on 11/27/2016

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thank you so much Mark. The boat had its challenges, but when working with such wonderful people as you and Portia, made the event much more fun and relaxed. May God bless both of you in your new lives together.

John · Married on 07/23/2016

There are not enough words to say how pleased we were with Bob and his work at our celebration. We wanted our evening to be a reflection of us and Bob exceeded every expectation we had. From our cocktail music to a surprise for my partner, Bob worked with us on every level. We could not have been more happy with his work, and our guests mentioned how much fun they had. No need to look any further, Bob is the real deal and am so happy we booked him!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Constance · Married on 05/28/2016

I would highly recommend Bob Zogby for ANY event that you may wish to make a thousand times better! His personality is so friendly and extremely fun. Bob Zogby definitely knows how to make the most out of any occasion and I must say that he has become a dear friend. Bob made our wedding day even better by really listening to what my husband and I really wanted out of the evening and truly brought our dreams to life. He was even able to add little personal touches that we didn't expect that just melted our hearts. I cannot say enough great things about him and the services he provides! If you don't want to spend a lot of money but still want to have your event be the talk of the town, you NEED to hire Bob Zogby! Don't hesitate because i'm sure his schedule gets full quick. Bob, if you are reading this, John and I LOVE you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts that you shared in our special day and made it more than we dreamed of.
    Sincerely,
    Constance

Sent on 08/03/2016

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Thank you so much, Constance. You and John are not only former clients, but now great friends. My goal at all receptions is to always add some special touches that are not hokey or in bad taste, but also listen to the bride and grooms requests. That is key to making my business successful for over 40 years.. You two are the true standard of love that every couple should emulate. God bless both of you.

Anne · Married on 09/19/2015

We had such a great time working with Bob to make our wedding wonderful. He was very flexible, accommodating, and professional!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Traci · Married on 08/21/2015

Meet The Definitive Disc Jockey and you'll know that he's the DJ for your function! He's friendly, professional, and will give you tips and ideas if needed. His job is to get guests on the dance floor and he does just that with a great attitude and gets the whole party started and maintains a fun, happy atmosphere! You won't regret hiring The Definitive Disc Jockey!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Christina · Married on 08/08/2015

Truly amazing! From the first time we met with Bob we knew what we liked and didn't like! We had a blast at our reception not just because of the venue, guests etc, but because Bob knows what he is doing and most importantly loves what he does. From beginning to end he took the guess work out of planning music and lights for our wedding and made himself available for questions or concerns outside of our meetings as well. His extreme professionalism and attention to detail made our wedding extremely personal. Bob took the time to give suggestions and guide us when we weren't quite sure which direction to go. We truly appreciated the time he took to make our wedding day meaningful for us. We can't say enough good things and would highly recommend using Bob to anyone looking for a fun, professional DJ.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Julia · Married on 06/26/2014

Bob Zogby, the Definitive DJ, was not only a great DJ, he was a perceptive, appropriate, and funny MC for our wedding. My former English teacher, I knew him prior to the event, but he proved himself many times over as a professional DJ as we worked with him. He put every one of our requests on his playlist and played them at times that made perfect sense at the reception. He even had a kid's dance that we had not discussed but was very much appreciated by the parents of the children (and made for some hilarious photos). I would recommend Mr. Zogby for anyone's event of any kind. Of all our vendors (which there were many, and all were great), the DJ is the one our guests remember most fondly, and speak of often.

Sent on 12/29/2014

The Definitive Disc Jockey's reply:

Julia, thanks so much for a amazing review (well-written as well--I taught you well, grasshopper). Your wedding was so much fun to play at and your requests were perfectly personalized so well, in addition to the cross universe cake and, of course, the "Weird Al" requests. God bless you and may your married life continue to be filled with laughter, love and happiness.