14 Reviews for Take Away Gourmet

13 Take Away Gourmet Reviews

Chuck is an extremely talented chef who runs an amazing company. I had been looking for a unique wedding venue, something different than the typical catering hall when I stumbled upon The Hermitage. Take-Away Gourmet is the exclusive caterer to this gorgeous historic Landmark. I had emailed Chuck inquiring information and within the hour he had responded. He was genuinely interested in how I found The Hermitage, the type of wedding I envisioned and how my fiance and I had met; among other things. He spent the time with us, guiding us in the right direction. I was a bride on a budget; not willing to drop copious amounts of money, and he worked with us completely. We chose to do more of an "extended cocktail hour;" passed hor d'oeuvres and a few food stations where people could chose what they wanted. We did the pasta station and the NY steakhouse station. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! So many of our guests commented on how this was the best food they've ever had a wedding. I honestly cannot recommend Chuck enough; his professionalism and friendliness- not to mention his creative culinary mind; we were lucky to have him throughout our wedding planning.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chuck and his crew were absolutely amazing. He catered my wedding, as well as helped coordinate the rentals, and all I can say is that it went a thousand times more smoothly than I ever thought it would. He was always there to answer questions and give advice. This doesn't even address his food, which was delicious. Everyone at my wedding complimented me on the food selection. I would recommend him to anyone, and will absolutely turn to him in the future.

Profile Picture User3281262, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Take Away Gourmet did an awesome job catering for our wedding. Every detail was perfect and the food was absolutely delicious. We had several family member and friends come up to us and say - "Wow. That was the best food I have ever had at a wedding." I would highly recommend Take Away Gourmet for your wedding or other event.

Profile Picture User3359073, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We just wanted to thank you again for everything! Chuck, you exceeded our expectations! The food and presentation were unbelievable. You made our Wedding Cocktail Reception unforgettable for all. The staff was so friendly and helpful, from putting together our plans to following up on every tiny detail, and setting the scene. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was. The passed Hors d’ oeuvres were staggered nicely- keeping our guests wondering what was coming out next.

We couldn’t be more thankful for finding someone who is as detailed, professional, and personal as you. You understood our vision and made it happen- perfectly!

We can’t wait to find a reason to have another party so we can have your awesome cooking again!

P.S. Can I give TAG 10 stars for Responsiveness?? Chuck was in constant contact with me over the year and half that we planned the wedding!

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/11/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband CJ and I were planning our northern NJ wedding from Boston. Granted, it's not a destination wedding, but it was still long distance planning. We didn't want the typical banquet hall wedding, and wanted flexibility in the overall look and feel of our day. It turns out TAG was the gem we were looking for.

Here are reasons why TAG was super-awesome to work with:
-Chuck was very responsive – he always quickly responded to us by e-mail or phone, despite all the other events he was catering;
-Chuck was computer/internet-savvy, which was important for CJ and me because it made long distance planning SO much easier. We used everything from an online floorplanner application to collectively visualize and design the layout of our room, to using Pinterest to bounce ideas off one another;
-Chuck was really flexible – he definitely tried hard to give us different party options (sit down dinner, buffet, cocktail hour kind of reception) to meet our budget
-Chuck did more than just cater – sometimes he played wedding planner and helped CJ and I look for other entertainers and photographers. He also made sure that the venue at The Hermitage was set up just right for our party.

Here are reasons why you should have Chuck and TAG cater your wedding, or event:
-Chuck’s food was creative: he put a lot of thought into what foods would fit in with our summer wedding, and he put a lot of thought into the presentation of the food;
-The food was DELICIOUS, the meat and vegetables that TAG uses are fresh, the flavor palette they use is complex, and he made the simplest foods unique
-Chuck and his team make sure that you eat at your wedding – when CJ and I were busy taking our wedding portraits, he had his team members brought out hors d’oeuvres to us. Chuck came out of his kitchen and made sure to see for himself that we were eating. Now THAT’S service!

We really loved working with Chuck and TAG, and would totally work with them again.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/4/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything about Take Away Gourmet was AMAZING and we are so thankful we used them for our wedding! More than just a catering team, Chuck and Laura were involved in nearly every aspect of my wedding planning. From start to finish, they were thorough, knowledgeable and dependable. One of the most important things to me for our wedding was the food. Simply put, Take Away's food was out of this world - to this day our guests still comment on how great everything was. But it was all the work behind the scenes that went into making our wedding so special that I am so truly grateful for. Chuck and Laura, thank you both for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture User3469814, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Chuck is amazing. Chuck employs amazing staff. Everything about my day was wonderful and stress free and I attribute that success to Take Away Gourmet.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 5/12/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with this vendor was the easiest part of my wedding. Take Away Gourmet listened to what my dream was and then we created it with in the budget that I set. Their service was tremendous but their food s even better. Everything was delectable from the apetizers to our main courses that Take Away Gourmet served. If you are looking for the best in New Jersey then go to Take Away Gourmet.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 10/2/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chuck Adams is an artist. Food is high quality, delicious and lovely presentation. He helped us create an intimate, warm, elegant and fun atmosphere for our wedding reception. He is creative, flexible and doesn't get frazzled from questions, requests and changes to the plan. He and his team are real professionals. We would highly recommend Takeaway Gourmet.

Profile Picture Kathleen , 3/16/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chuck was a pleasure to work with. His professionalism, creativity, flexability, and most importantly his food were all top notch. Chuck and Take Away Gourmet took our wedding from an idea in our head to a truly unique experience that will be remembered by us and all our guests. It was a great day and we have Chuck to thank.

Profile Picture Justin , 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Chuck and Take Away Gourmet were absolutely amazing. The food is insanely delicious and the presentation is outsanding. Chuck helped us from day one with everything. I can't say enough wonderful things about them! If you are looking for a cater do yourself a favor and go with Take Away Gourmet!!!

Profile Picture Cate, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Take Away gormet is in a league all it's own!!!! Chuck Adams is not only a caterer, he practically helped me with everything, from the flowers to the timeline...everything! There was absolutely not one detail he missed!!! Not one detail I missed because of his attention to detail! The food was amazing! Our theme was a hawaiain luau and the items on the menu far exceeded my expectations of what my luau would be. The staff was outstanding, very attentive to not only me and my new husband, but they really made everyone feel as though they had their own waitress/waiter! The wedding took place in my friends home which he took over the kitchen, but after the wedding was over it was as if they were never there...They were extremely thorough even with the breakdown. Absolutely fantastic! Not one complaint!

Profile Picture Claire, 8/1/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My husband and I have nothing but fond memories from our wedding and also of Take Away Gourmet. They did such a fantastic job both in the planning stages and on the day of the event. They went far beyond just �catering� and made the day go smoothly for everyone (i.e. our vegetarian friends, kid friendly food for our fussy nieces and nephews and of course the high maintenance bride). We appreciate how TAG recognized potential concerns unrelated to their role as a caterer (i.e. the garbage bag exhibit at the museum, the premature lock down of the gallery), notified us of them prior to our wedding day and then helped us resolve them.
We were so impressed at how seamless everything appeared. We know that much of that was due to a lot of hard work behind the scenes with everyone involved at Take Away Gourmet. It is a rarity, even in the professional world, that someone is able to listen to requests and specifications and then follow through with them; but they were able to do that. Everything � from arranging a room beautifully for an extended cocktail party to the cutting of the cake � was exactly how we imagined it would be.Chuck was available to communicate and discuss ideas, even when they undoubtedly had other more immediate concerns.
The staff was also amazingly adaptable and well organized; Not to mention that the food was delicious. We enjoyed our tasting back in March; Of course we were wondering if it could possibly be as good the day of, and for almost 200 people. IT WAS!! Chuck, is an incredible chef; and the presentation of the food was beautiful, too.
We are so glad we hired Take Away Gourmet to cater our wedding. They served the role of a �wedding planner� in so many ways. Their organization, communication and excellent food make it a first-class business. Lauren Zingaro-Toth

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/21/08, 1 Review