Sweet & Savory Bake Shop Reviews

47 | Oxford, MI

47 Reviews for Sweet & Savory Bake Shop

John · Married on 07/28/2018

Great job with our cake. Would recommend

Sent on 08/07/2018

Caitlyn · Married on 10/07/2017

Scott was amazing to work with. Cake was beautiful and beyond delicious. Even took the leftovers to work 3 days later and everyone said how amazing it was!!

Sent on 10/12/2017

Brooke · Married on 08/26/2017

Scott was wonderful to work with. The cake looked and tasted amazing as did the cupcakes. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/29/2017

danielle · Married on 07/22/2017

Scott and his staff are incredible and reasonable. We took some pinterest pictures to their shop and he told us exactly what each would cost and how to make it budget friendly. When I saw my cake at my wedding it was exactly like the pictures we provided to him. Tasting the cake was even more amazing. Thanks to scott and the team!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Carrie · Married on 05/06/2017

Who doesn't love a good cake? Everyone LOVED our cake and the pastries that we got from Sweet & Savory. I was a bit of a last minute bride and they were great at accommodating us for our day. I can't say enough good things about them.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Elaine · Married on 07/30/2016

Scott was amazing to work with. He understood my vision for our wedding cake and made it so easy to pay for the cake too. On our wedding day Debbie delivered and set up the cake. It was beautiful and just how I imagined it would look. Their cakes taste incredible. I've never had a wedding cake this delicious before.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Kimberly · Married on 09/18/2015

Please do yourself a favor and set up a tasting with Sweet & Savory right now! My husband and I were impressed with Scott and everyone else there from the minute we stepped inside, and only became more impressed with time! We tried the cake and booked them on the spot. It is the most delicious cake we’ve ever tasted. The buttercream icing is so light and the cake is so moist it literally melts in your mouth.

Scott worked with us to stay within our budget, and gave us multiple options on how to save money even after we reached a price we were comfortable with. To add to the wonderfulness of this bakery, their customer service is top notch. My parents live out of state and weren’t able to make the initial tasting, but after hearing us rave, really wanted to try some when they were in town. I contacted Sweet & Savory about purchasing a few slices of cake for my parents to taste, and they made us some cupcakes on the house in the flavors we would have at our wedding (vanilla with chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate with buttercream icing; you really don’t have to go specialty to get the awesome factor with this cake!). Of course, my parents (and many guests at our wedding) agreed it was the best cake they’ve tasted, and I was blown away by the thoughtfulness of the bakery!

I could go on and on about how much I love this bakery, but I can sum it up by saying the cake is delicious and beautiful, the customer service is wonderful, they were on time and easy to work with, and, considering the quality of the bakery, they are very well priced. My husband and I can’t wait for our anniversary cake (another awesome perk of Sweet & Savory)!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 08/15/2015

The cake was absolutely delicious. They suggested using ribbon to decorate because it was cheaper and easier to match with my robot themed topper. I'm glad I went with their suggestion because it the cake looked wonderful.

Sent on 11/24/2015

I love the small town feel of the shop with coffee waiting for you with. We booked about 4 months from our date and it wasn't an issue. I wanted a BAM there it is cake and I got it! My husband and I are very simple on our flavors but I wanted a statement cake. 5 tier yellow cake with raspberry mouse with raspberry marmalade filling and butter cream frosting with spacers in between filled with roses and hydrangeas with a gold lacey ribbon around it. The frosting is a true butter cream not filled with shortening. By far best cake you will ever have. My guests are still talking about how good our cake was and where we got it from! I will order my cakes from here from now on. We cannot wait till our one year anniversary to get our anniversary cake! Scott is amazing, he took my vision and nailed it on the head, we couldn't be happier! Our cake was worth every penny and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

We ordered cupcakes from Sweet and Savory, in lieu of a traditional wedding cake. They were OUTSTANDING!! The guests complimented them all night (and still are!) People were walking out with them...we did not have any left over. The team was wonderful to work with. They made the process very easy! We had a tasting, and immediately knew this is who we wanted to place our wedding order with. Everything looked perfect and tasted amazing. I will use them for events and birthdays in the future!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Kathleen · Married on 10/05/2013

My daughter walked in with a picture of her "perfect" wedding cake and Sweet & Savory was able to duplicate it exactly. It was just what she had wanted. The staff was wonderful to work with from the time we went in to do the taste testing to the time they delivered the cake and set it up at the venue. And it was not only beautiful, but it was delicious too. We got many compliments from the guest about how great the cake tasted. The bride and groom can't wait to get their free cake on their one year anniversary because unfortunately they were too busy the night of the wedding to really get a chance to enjoy theirs. I would highly recommend Sweet & Savory to anyone looking for a wedding cake vendor.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Scott was awesome!! I did the cake kind of last minute for my wedding and it was no problem. The tasting was awesome and the cake was beautiful and delicious. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2013

Sweet & Savory Bake Shop is amazing. Not only are their cakes fantastic, their customer service is top notch. They listened to all of our ideas and offered advice when it came to our wedding cake. We were blown away at our tasting appointment by all of the flavors and verities we could choose from. They were so accommodating when I requested a special anniversary cake for my parents a month before the wedding. Our wedding cake turned out beautifully and tasted even better. Everyone loved our cake and I recommend them to every bride that I know. I highly recommend Sweet & Savory Bake Shop!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Kristy · Married on 04/27/2013

Sweet and Savory bake shop is amazing! Wonderful staff, wonderful cakes, and they are very willing to get you into the price point that you can afford. Can't wait to use them again!!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Brittany · Married on 01/26/2013

We used Sweet & Savory Bake Shop for our bridal shower and wedding cake. They are amazing at what they do! The sugar flowers that they made looked so real, we didn't want to ruin them! And the cakes taste amazing! My husband and I weren't sure what style of cake that we wanted for our wedding, so we showed a few pictures of the styles that we liked and gave them full creative control. Our cake was a total surprise to us when we saw it for the first time on our wedding day, and we were so happy with the result! It was exactly our style and was everything we ever wanted in a wedding cake. Plus they even included our little Spiderman figurine on there for my husband! We will definitely be using them again in the future and recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 02/14/2013

I was very familiar with the amazing quality (flavor, taste, presentation) of Sweet & Savory's cakes since my sister has been a regular customer of theirs for a few years now (pretty much every birthday, baptism, shower cake she gets from here). The taste is noticeably better than most other bakeries. Not that harsh, too sweet flavor, but rather that understated creamy, mild buttery, fresh taste that you only get from using high quality ingredients. However, it wasn't until my wedding that I got to experience their fantastic service. My mother and I went in for a tasting and it took all of 15 minutes before we found exactly what we were looking for. They have models set up and it's easy to fall in love with their designs, whether simple or extravagant. I opted for a very simple 3-tier round cake with a champagne sheen coating and white pin dots. It looked perfect atop their antique silver cake stand that I rented for an affordable $40. The inside was their best seller: white cake, buttercream frosting and a raspberry layer. It really was the perfect cake. In the flurry of activity on our wedding day, we forgot to snag the top layer to freeze - not to worry, at least as of Dec 2012, they said if you contact them around your 1 year anniversary, you get a free 6-inch cake (the exact size as the top tier).

Sent on 12/11/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2012

We approached Sweet & Savory two months before the wedding to do our cake. We live quite a distance and they had limited times they could meet that didn't work with our schedule. After explaining the situation, they were more than willing to make an appointment and meet with us when we were available. We ordered a cake and mini pastries. The cake looked and tasted better than I could have ever expected. The saddest part was the first time I really got to take a look at my cake, I had to cut into it! Every one of the mini pastries had so much detail put into them. From the staff to the cakes, Sweet & Savory went above and beyond all of our expectations. We recommend Sweet & Savory for any bakery needs. We will go to them from now on for all of our cakes.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Jennifer · Married on 09/22/2012

Sweet and Savory has the most delicious cake I've ever eaten!!! We met with Scott and tried a variety of different cakes and were so impressed with all of them it was a hard choice to pick just a few! My absolutely favorite was the vanilla cake with raspberry marmalade and lemon mousse. I was absolutely amazing!! Our guests were very impressed with the cake as well, our reception vendor said she had never seen a crowd eat so much cake. I told her its because its good cake! I am looking forward to ordering cake from here in the future.

Sent on 10/13/2012

Sweet & Savory Bake Shop's reply:

Thank you for your rave review Jennifer! Your choice was so unique that I even set a raspberry marmalade and lemon mousse for my crew when I made yours and we loved it too!! It was my pleasure to create your wedding cake and we look forward to seeing you for all your sweet celebrations in the future. Deb Meyers

Rachel · Married on 06/09/2012

Yum! Not only did Sweet & Savory provide us with the most delicious cake for our wedding, but the cake was also gorgeous! From our first tasting, Scott was more than helpful in designing our perfect wedding cake. We had four flavors, and each one tasted wonderful. Guests raved about the cake and asked where it was from... One guest even mentioned that she wasn't a big fan of most cake, but couldn't get enough of the cake! Thank you, Sweet & Savory for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/26/2012

I went to 4 bakeries before choosing Sweet & Savory. Out of all the bakeries they had the friendliest staff, the best tasting cakes, and they were willing to do anything I wanted for my wedding day. They were on the more expensive end but the cake tasted amazing.
    I had a 3 tier cake and 1/2 sheet cake. I received so many compliments on the cake. You can taste how fresh and homemade each layer tasted.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Mildred · Married on 01/14/2012

Offers tasting. Pleasant and courteous and knowledgeable staff. Offers suggestions to accommodate your preferences and budget. Cake was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 01/24/2012

Colleen · Married on 11/11/2011

Best bakery ever! Scott and his crew are fantastic and their product speaks for itself. Delicious, delicious, delicious! We are so happy that we chose them for our wedding cake! It was such a hit and went so fast!

Sent on 01/23/2012

Holly · Married on 05/06/2011

The most INCREDIBLE cake we've ever had. Period. Our main contact at Sweet & Savory was Debbie--she was an absolute pleasure to work with, and did an amazing job decorating our cakes. We had three different flavors of cake at our reception (Fallen Angel, Chocolate Splendor, and yellow cake with Swiss raspberry marmalade) and our guests were over the moon about how tasty they were. We loved their cake so much that we'll be making the drive to Oxford to indulge our taste buds again and again so long as we're close by!

Sent on 05/08/2011

Amy · Married on 04/23/2011

Deb and her team Provided AMAZING customer service! My husband and I came in without an appointment, and even though they were busy, they took the time to answer our questions. They impressed us so much we made an appointment and came back! They gave us exactly what we asked for, and exceeded our expectations for what we had to spend. I even stopped in before my wedding and had cupcakes delivered to my bridesmaids, whose birthday it was the next day, and they were delivered and set up with my cake. We love this bakery so much we come from almost an hour away just for the cannoli. Its worth the drive!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Samantha · Married on 03/31/2011

They did an amazing job. We provided these beautiful edible butterflies and they took their time to gently arrange the butterflies on the on the cake.

Sent on 05/01/2011