Surf & Sound Events, LLC Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Alyson Married on 06/27/2021

Worth every penny

Eric was absolutely delightful to work with. My husband and I have a variety of music interests. Eric did a phenomenal job of blending our preferences with the interests of our guests to keep the dance floor full! His equipment is top notch, and the quality is noticed. We used Surf & Sound for our ceremony needs as well. Our voices were crystal clear during our outdoor ceremony! I can’t recommend Eric and Surf & Sounds enough.

Surf & Sound Events, LLC's reply:

Alyson, I just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a joy and honor to get to help you all celebrate! I wish you all the best!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy B. Married on 04/25/2021

Tailored just for us!

Eric was amazing! He tailored a package that fit exactly what we needed for our small ceremony. During covid times this was a huge help since most places won't budge much on their packages. He found all the music we asked for without us having to provide additional information, it was super easy! The live music after our ceremony was also perfect as our guests enjoyed champagne and we took pictures. We would definitely recommend hiring him!
    Maddie Married on 12/27/2020

Mother of the bride/ wedding

Eric was phenomenal. He was so flexible with the ever changing environment of our wedding season. He was detailed and had us answer a questionnaire ahead of wedding to confirm our desires and then it was followed expertly! I would highly recommend Eric for any event or wedding!
  • Juliet
    Juliet Married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Eric has such a talent for creating a happy energy for all ages! Our dance floor included 5 year olds all the way up to 85 year olds and it was all thanks to Eric and his incredible music selection. He was able to time out songs for our ceremony and reception entrance so that everything could happen when we wanted it to. He effortlessly transitioned himself and his equipment from our ceremony, to our cocktail hour, to our reception. It honestly felt like we had a family friend DJing for us! Thank you for everything, Eric!!
    Caroline A. Married on 09/05/2020

A great DJ

Eric did such an amazing job at our wedding! During covid times he was super flexible and always willing to help or go the extra mile for us. He was showed patience and understanding. Even though dancing was not allowed at our reception, Eric did a great job at keeping our guests having fun and entertained! He even played some live music during cocktail hour, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. Definitely book Eric for your special event!
  • Ryann
    Ryann B. Married on 05/07/2020

Amazinnnngggggg!

Eric was wonderful & kept the party going! The dance floor was packed at all times. He played a huge part in making our wedding day so very special! Highly highly highly recommend!!!!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC's reply:

Ryann, thank you so much for taking the time to share your kind review! I had a highly highly highly great time getting to help you and yours celebrate on your wedding day!
    Janie H. Married on 03/07/2020

Phenomenal!

Eric made our night so perfect and personalized everything start to finish. The live music was such a unique touch and he was so flexible when we had to revise the order of events after an unexpected snag! The whole vibe and night was perfect.
  • Tifani
    Tifani Married on 03/01/2020

Fantastic DJ!

Eric did a PHENOMENAL job at our wedding. He was flexible, catered to what we needed and wanted, and read the crowd well for dancing! He communicated well with us prior and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ for our wedding! His lighting and set up was fantastic, he adapted our package easily when we needed mics for the ceremony, and literally everything went smoothly! I would recommend Surf & Sound Events for any wedding!!
  • Katie
    Katie T. Married on 02/29/2020

A Great DJ Experience

We heard of Eric (Surf & Sounds) through our vendor, but knew he was the right DJ for us after our first phone call with him! It was important to us that all of our friends and family enjoyed themselves on the dance floor without the DJ being too overwhelming of a presence. Eric created that experience perfectly for us! He was very professional and worked well with our venue to make sure everything ran smoothly. He listened to our requests and made sure the music was something we would love. He provided sound for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which was great to know that all of it was taken care of!
    Chelsea Married on 10/17/2019

Awesome Dj!

I can't recommend Eric enough! I just got married last weekend and Eric dj'ed our wedding. He was great to work with from the start, very professional and organized. The day of the wedding, he was punctual and worked wonderfully with everyone else involved on wedding day. He has fun with the music and gets everyone onto the dance floor. Eric goes above and beyond to ensure your wedding day is all you imagined. I saw him helping the caterers uncover food at the buffet, that definitely wasn't in his contract but speaks volumes about him. You will not regret hiring him for your event!
  • Melissa
    Melissa M. Married on 10/13/2019

A professional, punctual, pleasant and fun DJ!

Eric/Surf and Sounds Events did a fantastic job DJing and emceeing our October wedding reception. The process he has for gathering info regarding style and wedding logistics is easy and efficient! With a pretty minimal, but appropriate amount of communication regarding the wedding, Eric took what we gave him and DJed a beautiful and fun evening!
  • Moriah
    Moriah T. Married on 10/05/2019

Great Experience!

Eric was so kind and professional! from the before sheet he asked me to fill out (which was super convenient since I could work on it as I had time) to now, as during the wedding I liked the music, but it went by so fast I couldn't really appreciate the dj skills... I have had so many people come up to me to say what wonderful conversations they had with him, how professional he was and how much they enjoyed the music. I would definitely recommend Surf & Sound Events for anyone looking for an excellent quality dj!
    Caleb T. Married on 05/18/2019

Great DJ, Professional and Easy to Work With

Surf and Sound Events DJ’d our wedding last month. Eric was very professional, and arrived early to ensure everything was running flawlessly before the wedding.

He also worked really well with our wedding coordinator. Everything was great, and our guests were excited and entertained the whole time.
    Erin Married on 12/15/2018

Highly Recommend

Eric delivers! We had multiple special requests and song changes throughout the ceremony and reception, including a few last minute details we had to ask for. Eric was flawless on all of the details and made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. He also had great suggestions for the timeline, which helped this bride who was planning everything on her own. He is professional, friendly, and really easy to work with. We loved using the Google doc to communicate and make updates as we had time. He helped take the stress out of it. We highly recommend him for your future wedding!
    H Cook Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!!

Surf and Sound events made our daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception even more special. Eric was not only organized, professional and a great DJ, he was also very personable, pleasant and accommodating. Just an all around great experience working with him. He kept the evening running smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time!!
    Liz Married on 06/30/2018
    We highly recommend Surf & Sound Events! After seeing and hearing Eric do an excellent job at a wedding we attended, we booked him for our own. Every step of the process was easy and streamlined, and the execution day-of was perfect. He was flexible with our schedule and helped everything go as smoothly as possible. We were able to enjoy every moment of our reception because of Eric's help and planning. So glad we chose him for our wedding!
    Mikaela Married on 06/16/2018
    We got married outdoors at a June wedding last weekend... and Eric was beyooonnnd amazing. From our first point of contact, he was nothing short of helpful, insightful, positive, and friendly. Eric even would ask--as we checked in with each other throughout the planning process--if I needed any help in other areas of my planning. He was helpful with tweaking my timeline and assuring me he'd make sure things ran as smoothly as he could help them to.

The day of, I was stuck up in the bridal suite (of course!), but he arrived early and took time to set everything up with time to spare. He then asked those coordinating (my parents) if there was anything he could do to help--it doesn't get more above and beyond than that, in my book.

Of course, his actual DJing was great--he was patient with my little guests (my 4 year old cousin insisted on requesting songs), and kept the dance floor going... even with our small guest count. His narration was smooth and casual, never cheesy and never bland. And he was ready to do whatever we needed of him as the reception went on throughout the night.

My family and I really appreciate the stellar job Eric did in making my wedding day perfect; he was just the cherry on top. Please give him your utmost consideration when looking for a DJ! You will NOT be disappointed!!
    Megan Married on 06/02/2018
    Eric was fantastic! He made our day run smoothly and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. He was super responsive and flexible with our plans. Overall 10/10!
    Rebecca Married on 06/02/2018
    Eric DJ'd our daughter's wedding at Big Spring Farm in Lexington, VA last Saturday and WOW, he did an amazing job. We had to move the ceremony indoors at the last minute due to rain and he was flawless in the transition. His professionalism, personality, and demeanor were such a blessing and he was the perfect choice! We didn't think twice about any aspect of sound, songs, set-up, etc because he was clearly on top of it all and prepared.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 05/27/2018
    I cannot say enough positive things about Eric and Surf and Sound Events! Before the wedding, he was thorough and so helpful in the planning process. Eric always made himself available and was personable while speaking. He made it clear that he wanted everything to be perfect for our wedding! At the wedding, all of the music we requested was absolutely perfect. He even made two custom cuts of songs for us! He played the type of music we asked for, helped get people dancing, did a great job announcing everything, and above all was so kind, flexible, and professional. We whole-heartedly recommend you to use Surf and Sound Events for your event!
    Lisa Married on 02/24/2018
    I was an event coordinator for a large, upscale fundraiser event with dinner, auction and band. Even months prior to the event, Eric was timely on responding and easy to communicate with. As the date got closer, I could tell that he felt confident and knowledgeable about things I was asking for-even before I asked! The date of the event, when I arrived, he was already there setting up. He was dressed to fit in with our elegant event and did disguised the speakers and his equipment well to not stand out. He was on schedule with every transition and made announcements on time and professionally. The music was just as we had discussed and levels perfect. The band said it was the easiest sound check they’d ever had. We even had a famous speaker who joined with the band for one song and Eric made it sound as if they’d played together for years!
    Adam Married on 12/09/2017
    My wife found Eric after seeing that he was so highly rated. I was not involved in the selection process of DJ but on my wedding day when I saw him as the DJ I was very pleasantly surprised and so happy to see him! Not only did he do an excellent job, but I loved the idea of doing business with such a great guy who I have been blessed by in the past and who positively impacts the lives of many others through his ministry with Intervarsity at CNU.
    Jiney Married on 10/07/2017
    Eric is very good at what he does! It's difficult to find good DJs - especially someone who knows when to slow things down or get things more lively. He was able to accommodate all of our wedding requests and everything went smoothly! A+++
    Mallory Married on 10/02/2017
    Jordan and I could not have asked for anyone better than Eric! He was, not only our DJ, but also our day-of coordinator. He did such an amazing job of staying in touch with me before the wedding. He was ready to go at the rehearsal the night before and made sure we all knew what was happening and that I felt comfortable and calm. He has such a great sound system, that he was able to have all the music set up on his iPad and control everything from where he was with the bridal party while we lined up, and he directed us down the aisle. For DJing, all I had to do was send him a list of the genres that we like, and he had a whole list prepared and ready to go; he also did such a great job reading the room, even my Grandpa was dancing! The morning of the wedding, Eric made sure to check on me frequently to make sure I was happy with how things were going and to make sure I wasn't freaking out. Eric has such great experience and completely understands how big of a difference a great coordinator and DJ can make, that he gives it his all. It is obvious that he loves what he does. I would certainly recommend having Eric be a part of your special day as both your DJ and coordinator.
    Sam Married on 07/15/2017
    We asked Eric to DJ our wedding on a recommendation from a friend, and he exceeded our every expectation. Fun music, subtle and effective emceeing, continuously bumpin' dance floor, skillful stewarding of the vibe...it was perfect. Eric was professional, friendly, and very easy to work with, and we'd recommend him to anyone.