Surf & Sound Events, LLC Reviews

35 Reviews for Surf & Sound Events, LLC

35 Surf & Sound Events, LLC Reviews

H Cook · Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!!

Surf and Sound events made our daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception even more special. Eric was not only organized, professional and a great DJ, he was also very personable, pleasant and accommodating. Just an all around great experience working with him. He kept the evening running smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time!!

Liz · Married on 06/30/2018

We highly recommend Surf & Sound Events! After seeing and hearing Eric do an excellent job at a wedding we attended, we booked him for our own. Every step of the process was easy and streamlined, and the execution day-of was perfect. He was flexible with our schedule and helped everything go as smoothly as possible. We were able to enjoy every moment of our reception because of Eric's help and planning. So glad we chose him for our wedding!

Mikaela · Married on 06/16/2018

We got married outdoors at a June wedding last weekend... and Eric was beyooonnnd amazing. From our first point of contact, he was nothing short of helpful, insightful, positive, and friendly. Eric even would ask--as we checked in with each other throughout the planning process--if I needed any help in other areas of my planning. He was helpful with tweaking my timeline and assuring me he'd make sure things ran as smoothly as he could help them to.

The day of, I was stuck up in the bridal suite (of course!), but he arrived early and took time to set everything up with time to spare. He then asked those coordinating (my parents) if there was anything he could do to help--it doesn't get more above and beyond than that, in my book.

Of course, his actual DJing was great--he was patient with my little guests (my 4 year old cousin insisted on requesting songs), and kept the dance floor going... even with our small guest count. His narration was smooth and casual, never cheesy and never bland. And he was ready to do whatever we needed of him as the reception went on throughout the night.

My family and I really appreciate the stellar job Eric did in making my wedding day perfect; he was just the cherry on top. Please give him your utmost consideration when looking for a DJ! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2018

Eric DJ'd our daughter's wedding at Big Spring Farm in Lexington, VA last Saturday and WOW, he did an amazing job. We had to move the ceremony indoors at the last minute due to rain and he was flawless in the transition. His professionalism, personality, and demeanor were such a blessing and he was the perfect choice! We didn't think twice about any aspect of sound, songs, set-up, etc because he was clearly on top of it all and prepared.

Megan · Married on 06/02/2018

Eric was fantastic! He made our day run smoothly and everyone had a blast on the dance floor. He was super responsive and flexible with our plans. Overall 10/10!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Eric and Surf and Sound Events! Before the wedding, he was thorough and so helpful in the planning process. Eric always made himself available and was personable while speaking. He made it clear that he wanted everything to be perfect for our wedding! At the wedding, all of the music we requested was absolutely perfect. He even made two custom cuts of songs for us! He played the type of music we asked for, helped get people dancing, did a great job announcing everything, and above all was so kind, flexible, and professional. We whole-heartedly recommend you to use Surf and Sound Events for your event!

Lisa · Married on 02/24/2018

I was an event coordinator for a large, upscale fundraiser event with dinner, auction and band. Even months prior to the event, Eric was timely on responding and easy to communicate with. As the date got closer, I could tell that he felt confident and knowledgeable about things I was asking for-even before I asked! The date of the event, when I arrived, he was already there setting up. He was dressed to fit in with our elegant event and did disguised the speakers and his equipment well to not stand out. He was on schedule with every transition and made announcements on time and professionally. The music was just as we had discussed and levels perfect. The band said it was the easiest sound check they’d ever had. We even had a famous speaker who joined with the band for one song and Eric made it sound as if they’d played together for years!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC 1

Adam · Married on 12/09/2017

My wife found Eric after seeing that he was so highly rated. I was not involved in the selection process of DJ but on my wedding day when I saw him as the DJ I was very pleasantly surprised and so happy to see him! Not only did he do an excellent job, but I loved the idea of doing business with such a great guy who I have been blessed by in the past and who positively impacts the lives of many others through his ministry with Intervarsity at CNU.

Jiney · Married on 10/07/2017

Eric is very good at what he does! It's difficult to find good DJs - especially someone who knows when to slow things down or get things more lively. He was able to accommodate all of our wedding requests and everything went smoothly! A+++

Mallory · Married on 10/02/2017

Jordan and I could not have asked for anyone better than Eric! He was, not only our DJ, but also our day-of coordinator. He did such an amazing job of staying in touch with me before the wedding. He was ready to go at the rehearsal the night before and made sure we all knew what was happening and that I felt comfortable and calm. He has such a great sound system, that he was able to have all the music set up on his iPad and control everything from where he was with the bridal party while we lined up, and he directed us down the aisle. For DJing, all I had to do was send him a list of the genres that we like, and he had a whole list prepared and ready to go; he also did such a great job reading the room, even my Grandpa was dancing! The morning of the wedding, Eric made sure to check on me frequently to make sure I was happy with how things were going and to make sure I wasn't freaking out. Eric has such great experience and completely understands how big of a difference a great coordinator and DJ can make, that he gives it his all. It is obvious that he loves what he does. I would certainly recommend having Eric be a part of your special day as both your DJ and coordinator.

Sam · Married on 07/15/2017

We asked Eric to DJ our wedding on a recommendation from a friend, and he exceeded our every expectation. Fun music, subtle and effective emceeing, continuously bumpin' dance floor, skillful stewarding of the vibe...it was perfect. Eric was professional, friendly, and very easy to work with, and we'd recommend him to anyone.

Eliza · Married on 07/01/2017

The quality of music was on my top 3 most important things to me for my wedding and so choosing a DJ who could adequately capture my love for dancing, bringing people together and facilitating flow on and off the dance floor felt like a major task. My photographer recommended Surf & Sound Events highly and so I decided to check into it. I cannot say enough high praises for the professionalism, music selection and attention to detail that Eric provided. As soon as the ceremony was done Eric met us outside to run through last minute things and handled everything with ease and joy. The entire time he continued to remind me that he was there to serve us and was going to do whatever needed to be done to make that happen. We got home from our honeymoon and my sister without prompting said her one of her top 3 favorite things about our wedding was our DJ...it was the best compliment. I will forever recommend Surf & Sound Events to anyone and everyone!!!!

Kristin · Married on 06/24/2017

To be honest, when we were planning our wedding, my husband and I debated about not getting a DJ. We were trying to have a wedding on a budget and thought music was one simple way to save money. We'd been to too many weddings where the DJ played bad music or seemed disconnected to the audience. (I'd even been to one where he just seemed too slick and even smarmy!) At the risk of having that--and with the goal of saving $-- we started thinking about having music playlists instead.

Nevertheless, we decided to meet with Eric just to hear his pitch---within 5 minutes of the meeting, we'd immediately changed our minds. How glad we are that we did! Eric didn't just bring music (and with that, hours of dancing); he helped manage the flow of our evening. He even spearheaded a last-minute shoe game when we had a minor 15-minute gap that needed covering (no cake cutters!). Eric was professional in all communication, was approachable, flexible, and easy-going for the event. He provided what some of our guests are calling "the best music ever" at a wedding. Although we were a summer wedding and it did not get dark until later, we are glad we added the lighting element as it was a fun touch as the night went on. We have zero regrets about choosing Eric---he had most of our guests, from young to old, dancing for hours--- and we absolutely believe he was integral to our reception being the joyful party that it was.

Anna · Married on 06/02/2017

My husband and I are so very thankful for the impressive DJ that Eric is! He worked so hard to ensure that we had an incredibly memorable, smooth, and more importantly, fun evening. Eric demonstrated a superb sense of professionalism, worked excellently with the other vendors, was easy to work with, and really knows how to get people out on the dance floor. His kind persona, music selections, preparedness, and level of experience were remarkable and served as an unforgettable and wonderful service.

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2017

My husband and I would highly recommend Eric! We've gotten so many compliments on the music and the lighting and were happy that he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire time! He was very professional and listened to all of our requests for both the ceremony and reception and easily went along with any changes we gave him. Definitely book Surf & Sounds for your next event!

Kylie · Married on 05/13/2017

My husband and I cannot stop talking about how much fun we had at our wedding because of this DJ. Eric throws an awesome party and is super detailed throughout the process. He ensures that he is overly prepared. He was the first vendor to arrive and had everything set up for our ceremony/reception extremely early. He's the kind of vendor you don't have to worry about on your big day, because he's got it all under control. I even had some surprises I needed him to orchestrate in my ceremony and reception, and he did all of it perfectly. I HIGHLY recommend Eric, he will take away a lot of stress and help you have the best time of your life!

Katrina · Married on 06/25/2016

Eric provided the DJ and lighting services for our wedding in June. We are so thankful that we decided to work with him! We got really lucky because all of the vendors we chose ended up being great, but he was really one of our favorite. He went above and beyond to make sure that he knew what we wanted our day to be like, and was even one of the first vendors to arrive to make sure everything was set-up in plenty of time. I really loved that he booked based on services rather than a set time limit, and this was something that I didn't find from any other DJs. He was very flexible with providing ceremony music, cocktail hour music, and then the reception all in different locations. He was a great sport in leading a German wedding dance that we didn't give him very much guidance about, he kept the schedule moving smoothly, and had everyone dancing all night. And I can't really say enough good things about the lighting! He used purple up-lighting that really took our barn venue to the next level. It intensified all of our decorations and basically made everything look so much better. I can't believe we were ever hesitant about using the purple lighting, and I am so grateful that we listened to his suggestion! Plus the spotlights on our cake and guest book were a perfect touch. He even kept the music going for an after-party while he packed up, which was one of the most fun parts of the evening for us. I think the right DJ can really make or break a reception and Eric definitely made it the best it could possibly be!

Laura · Married on 06/11/2016

Eric recently provided DJ and lighting services for my daughter's wedding in Richmond, VA. We cannot say enough about how happy we are with his services. We are still glowing about the beauty and the fun and the great party that was our reception. He was helpful and professional and fun to work with throughout the entire process. He provided a lot of reassurance during the stressful planning stage - listened to what we wanted and offered great suggestions based on his experience. He was on sight early and worked well with our venue team. The atmosphere he created with lighting was stunning. He kept our reception on schedule and made sure all our needs were met. The dance floor was never empty! He was the last to leave and went above and beyond our expectations. I highly recommend Eric for your party needs. You get way more than you pay for with him!

Erin · Married on 06/04/2016

Eric did an OUTSTANDING job on my wedding. As a wedding coordinator myself, I know the crucial importance of having someone flexible, professional, and prepared to manage sound needs and keep the reception running smoothly. (and according to schedule!) He was that, and so much more! He was by far one of the best investments we made for our wedding. (Which was outdoors, so he had his work cut out for him with an outdoor ceremony and reception.) He arrived early, set up with care, and was responsive to every special need and request we had shared prior, making the event unique, fun, and characteristically ours. Every piece was executed flawlessly, from the live performance for the first dance, to making sure to incorporate select songs we loved, to hitting every cue for entrances, recessionals, and more. Thank you, Eric! It was a joy to have you there, and we are so grateful for everything you did to make it excellent! Brides-to-be, as a fellow bride, and as a wedding coordinator, I implore you, do yourself and your special day a favor and HIRE HIM!!! ;)

Samantha · Married on 05/21/2016

I worked with Eric as a planner for a wedding recently and was so impressed with his calm professionalism. He arrived early, was very communicative, and had thoroughly reviewed all the materials sent ahead of time. He was able to simultaneously make everyone comfortable while always keeping the attention on the bride, groom and guests. I hope I get to work with him again soon.

• Acacia

Acacia · Married on 02/26/2016

Eric was everything I could have asked for in a DJ! I was very happy with my choice to hire Surf & Sound Events for my wedding! Eric was so nice and always emailing me and asking if he could help me with anything which he definitely didn't have to do! He was also very patient with me when I was deep in a "wedding planning coma" and wasn't able to get all the details to him as quickly as I should have! He worked on me with my budget as well and I am so glad he did! We had the 007 Theme as our entry song and we wanted little dart guns to be able to shoot at the guests as a fun joke when we entered the reception. Eric actually brought Nerf guns and let us borrow theme and came up with the idea that when we entered he would try to battle us and have my husband ultimately take him down! It was a great idea and there were never any awkward pauses between songs (which I've witnessed at others weddings). I am so thankful that we hired such a helpful, funny, talented person for our wedding! Our wedding definitely wouldn't have been the same without him! He is the best!

I attended 3 wedding receptions where Eric was the DJ before I booked him for my own ceremony and reception. He facilitates a great environment that enhances the event and does not draw attention unnecessarily to himself. His work is an excellent combination of skill with sound equipment, creating the desired atmosphere, and remaining in tune with the room. I was delighted by his quick response time in business transactions, and his willingness to make our vision for the event work. My husband's strongest wish in the planning phase was for the reception to be fun and full of dancing, which thanks to Eric was absolutely a wish granted!

Priscilla · Married on 12/12/2015

Eric was the DJ at our wedding in December and he did such an amazing job!!! If you want to work with someone who is reliable, professional, hardworking and kind, you will want to use him. For our wedding, he went the extra mile beforehand to make sure he knew all of the details of the timeline for the event, what songs we wanted played or did not want played at all, and offered professional advice based off his experience that helped us out tremendously! He has a great playlist, and is very easy and flexible to work with. All of the music that was played the whole night flowed naturally and we received so many compliments at how much fun people had dancing to the music! As big dancers ourselves, my husband and I wanted to make sure that everyone had a great time dancing the night away, which definitely happened! Eric kept the dance vibes strong and the dance floor packed the entire night. He did a fantastic job!!

Erica · Married on 11/07/2015

Eric was amazing to work with! He got back with me quickly and was there for any questions I had. He helped me with the music selection and overall made my life so much less stressful during what can be such a stressful time! My guests had such a blast and the reception was perfect due to the music and beautiful up lighting! I would 100% recommend his services!

Megan · Married on 08/07/2015

We loved the work Eric did as our DJ!! He was great to work with, very accommodating, very responsive and professional!! He had a wonderful selection for dinner music at the reception and played as many of our requests as he could!! His pricing is so much more affordable than many of the other DJ's we looked at and in our mind his service was far better than many weddings we have been to. We couldn't be more pleased! We highly recommend Surf & Sound Events!!!