Sugarland Reviews

98 | Chapel Hill, NC

98 Reviews for Sugarland

Ritchlyn · Married on 06/17/2017

We worked with Joshua to design our cake for our tented wedding. He was responsive and very easy to work with. We chose the mimosa flavor and a simple buttercream design with flowers from our florist. Our cake was so delicious, and all of our guests could not stop raving about it!! We were very happy with everything!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Allison · Married on 12/17/2016

We were hunting for a gluten-free cake, and Sugarland in Raleigh had a great reputation among our friends. They arranged for a private gluten-free cake tasting with vanilla and chocolate cupcakes and all of their fillings and icings, and that might have been my favorite part of wedding planning! I made a cake tower to try it all together. :-D

Surprisingly, my husband and I were able to agree on a flavor easily (he usually doesn't like gluten-free cake, but he was in love with the chocolate!), and the coordinator we worked with helped us choose a simple, rustic style for our private ceremony. I know the cake was delicious because my husband ate almost all the leftovers, and he doesn't even usually like cake!! We also appreciate that the cake was delivered on time to the bridal suite at The Umstead for us without us having to chase it down. And we also appreciate that they treated us just as kindly as they would have a person ordering a much larger cake (we ordered the smallest they had since it was just for us and our two witnesses). I don't think it could have been any better.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Betsy · Married on 11/19/2016

We had a great experience utilizing Sugarland Chapel Hill for our wedding cake buffet. They were very responsive via email and answered all our questions. Most importantly the cake was both beautiful and delicious. Would recommend for any cake needs!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Dennis · Married on 10/22/2016

Our wedding cake from Sugarland looked spectacular and tasted just as good as it looked! Thanks to Sugarland for creating such an amazing wedding cake! We would very highly recommend them.

Sent on 12/17/2016

Alexandra · Married on 05/21/2016

Our cake was AMAZING! Our friends had had sugarland do their wedding cake so we knew that we were getting some quality cake, I even used one of their flavors I liked it so much! At our wedding it was just as good! We did the mimosa flavor and the creme brulee flavor, both were EXCELLENT. The cake stand that they delivered on the day was not the one we had discussed but it was actually better than the one we discussed so it was fine by me! They were on time, professional, the cake looked great and tasted better. The place is pricey but worth it! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 04/09/2016

Katrina is absolutely amazing! We had grand ideas for personalizing our cake, and we were worried that it would be difficult to pull off. However, the first time we sat down with Katrina and told her our ideas, she basically sketched out something we really liked in front of our eyes. We were so impressed! She has so much experience with cake design, and her love of creating cakes and attention to detail clearly came through. Our final cake was probably one of the most popular, adorable, and personal elements in our wedding! It was also crazy delicious (she even suggested flavors based on our guest demographic) and we gobbled up every last bit of the leftovers after the wedding! A consultation/tasting with Katrina is an absolute must in the search for your perfect wedding cake!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Katherine · Married on 03/12/2016

Katrina and her team were absolutely amazing. They are so knowledgeable, and their cakes are to die for! I got married at the Carolina Inn, and Katrina offered me the promotional discount that they offer at the Carolina Inn bridal show, since my wedding was too close to wait until the show to book. That really stood out to me. She also wrapped up cupcakes in flavors that I liked for me to take home to my fiance since he couldn't be at our initial cake tasting. We got so many compliments on how amazing our cake was and how beautiful it was. We had two huge pieces waiting in our room after our wedding, and we absolutely devoured them. They were also very flexible and easy to work with as far as payments, meetings, etc. I am so happy that I chose Sugarland for our wedding cake!

Sent on 03/22/2016

Alison · Married on 08/15/2015

We ordered a groom's cake as well as our wedding cake from Sugarland and both were absolutely perfect! The cakes are so delicious and tasty too! They exceeded our expectations and were so friendly! I couldn't believe how beautiful the cakes turned out! Would highly recommend Sugarland!!

Sent on 08/25/2015

Wonderful experience and would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Katherine · Married on 06/06/2015

Cake was beautiful and delicious. Everybody kept commenting that it was the best cake they had ever had at a wedding

Sent on 06/15/2015

very tasty cake. it was also beautifully decorated and more than exceeded our expectations. sugarland was very easy to work with and they made a lot of effort to give us exactly what we had in mind for our special day. we received numerous compliments about how delicious the cake was.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Shannon · event on 05/08/2015

This baker was not satisfied until I was, very professional really good cake, great.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Hang · Married on 03/28/2015

Sugarland won us over with the first bite of cake at the tasting! Their cakes are not too sweet which we wanted. We had a simple vanilla cake with strawberry filling and a buttercream frosting. Everyone loved our cakes and could not stop talking about it days after. Melissa was great to work with! I can't wait for our anniversary to have the same cake again!

Sent on 04/20/2015
  • O

Olga · Married on 03/07/2015

Our wedding cake was incredibly delicious! All the guests were raving about it, and saying how they wished they knew that the cake would be so delicious to save more room for it. Melissa was so helpful! We could not get in a regular tasting, so they have organized a special meeting with us. In addition to the amazingly yummy cake, I have also ordered a groom's cake (carrot cake), and that was probably the best carrot cake I ate in my life:). Highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/22/2015

Sara · Married on 12/06/2014

Our wedding cake from Sugarland was absolutely beautiful and so yummy! Our guests ate the whole thing!! We even had cupcakes in different flavors as an extra sweet treat for our guests, and the majority of those were gone as well. Melissa did a great job in helping us design the cake (the green sugar hydrangeas were amazing!!) and it was even better than I hoped.
    I also used Sugarland to make a surprise groom's cake for the wedding rehearsal - and it was perfect. I had some vague ideas about carrot cake and a tennis racquet, and they did a great job in making it - my groom was very surprised and touched :) I would highly recommend Sugarland to any couple looking for not only a wonderful looking, but a wonderful tasting wedding cake.

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • Katie-Ann

Katie-Ann · Married on 11/22/2014

Wow! What an excellent idea it was for us to have selected Sugarland to make our groom's cake, wedding cake and also our gelato bar! I worked closely with Melissa who brought my ideas to life! I had sketched out the groom's cake with pretty specific details and they nailed each one perfectly! For the wedding cake I wanted something that closely resembled my dress but also have an elegance and regal appearance. I sent a few sketches and images of my dress and again the cake was absolutely and amazing centerpiece and a huge hit!

All of our guests were ranting and raving how beautiful the cakes were but that they also tasted delicious and that is coming from guests from New York where pastry chefs and bakers are at almost every corner.

The gelato bar was a huge hit among all of our guests and I heard from everyone it tasted delicious!

People on social media have seen images of our wedding cake through some of our vendors who had posted images and they have commented it is the most elegant wedding cake they had ever seen. I think that says something about Sugarland and how great of a job they did for us! We highly recommend them! :)

Sent on 11/27/2014

Shannon · Married on 11/15/2014

Sugarland did an outstanding job with our wedding cake and cupcakes! I planned my wedding from long distance and was only in town for a weekend to visit venues and Melissa from Sugarland pulled out all the stops knowing circumstance to squeeze me in for a tasting appointment. The service provided was excellent. The cakes just kept coming during the appointment and everything was delicious. The day of the wedding the cake and cupcake tier full of cakes was already delivered prior to the ceremony and ready to go with the flowers and cake toppers ready in place standing tall and pretty. The cupcakes were a big hit with the guests and everyone was Sugarland heaven! I highly recommend Sugarland for your wedding or event! Thanks Sugarland for everything!

Sent on 01/09/2015
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 10/05/2014

The cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted wonderful!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Tammy · Married on 09/06/2014

Brian and I were no strangers to Sugarland (Raleigh or Chapel Hill locations). They are a go to for dessert anytime we are near one of their locations. We had already samples cupcakes, gelato, cheesecake and just about any other type of sweets they offer. So we did not have to think twice about asking Sugarland to assist us with cupcakes and gelato for our wedding. We had 5 flavors of cupcakes and 4 flavors of gelato, complete with mini cones. And it was a major hit with all of our guests. Our guests ranged in age from 3 to 88 and everyone found a flavor they loved. We also asked for a cake topper for our cake cutting pictures which was just as beautiful and tasty as the cupcakes. Fortunately for us we had a few cupcakes left and a family member graciously took them home and froze them for us. Since we got back from our honeymoon we thawed two out every few days and were able to enjoy the evenings dessert again. They were just as tasty then as they were the night of. I would recommend Sugarland to anyone for any type of event and plan to use them again for any occasion that comes up.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Thais · Married on 06/21/2014

First of all, their cakes are delicious. So creamy and flavorful. I had a top cake and cupcakes. They were gorgeous and delicious. They were great to work with, friendly, and accommodating. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Sugarland's reply:

Hi Thais! We're so glad you enjoyed your cupcakes on your special day! Thanks for your sweet words :)

Stephanie · Married on 04/19/2014

I can not say enough good things about Sugarland!!! Melissa was great to work with and when I got to the wedding venue, my cake was there and I almost cried. IT was GORGEOUS and exactly what I wanted. I got to bring a piece home and it was as delicious as the day I went for my tasting!!! Thank you Sugarland. I will never buy a cake anywhere else!!!! PERFECTION

Sent on 04/28/2014

Susie · Married on 04/12/2014

The people at Sugarland were very easy to work with. Everything was clearly specified, and what we had contracted for is exactly what arrived, on time, the day of the wedding. The cake was beautiful, perfectly decorated and absolutely delicious. My daughter had a spring wedding, and the Mimosa cake was a perfect fit - light and citrusy. I felt that the price was very fair for the quality of cake; it was easily the best tasting cake that we had tried (we tried cakes from four bakeries). The cake the day of the wedding was just as fresh and delicious.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Kelsey · Married on 12/07/2013

I worked with A Southern Soiree and Sugarland came highly recommended by them. My wedding planner and I went to Sugarland in Raleigh for a cake tasting and had an absolute blast! The girls at Sugarland brought out 15 different cupcakes along with coffee and other goodies - I was immediately sold on them! They worked so well with me and my husband the whole time we were wedding planning. At the final meeting I completely changed my mind and changed the design of my cake! Sugarland was more than accommodating with the changes and my cake turned out perfectly.

After shopping around other wedding cake bakeries, none compared to Sugarland. I still have guests from the wedding raving about how delicious and beautiful our cake turned out! I can't wait for our one year anniversary because Sugarland is going to remake us the top tier of our cake to enjoy!

Sent on 01/06/2014
  • O

Olivia · Married on 10/18/2013

Our Sugarland wedding cake was amazing!! It was absolutely delicious and gorgeous! Everyone raved about how great our cake tasted!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Jacinta · Married on 09/21/2013

Just like a cake should be beautiful and Great Tasting!!

Sent on 11/06/2013