115-G W. Chatham Street, Cary, NC 27511 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Once In A Blue Moon Bakery

Once In A Blue Moon Bakery has been a staple in the Triangle for over 20 years! From elegant and sophisticated, to modern and traditional styles, our cakes are sure to be the sweet center of attention at any wedding! Our focus on detail and that small town bakery feel, make ordering a wedding cake with us an enjoyable and fun process! Call us today and we can set you up with a complimentary tasting and consultation so you can get started planning for your special day!

Follow Once In A Blue Moon Bakery on

Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 7
  • Richard

Richard Bobholz · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Cake I've Ever Had

We got our wedding cake through Once In A Blue Moon Bakery & Cafe, and we have nothing but praise!

First, the cake was absolutely amazing. We had a yellow cake with raspberry mousse and cream cheese frosting. This was a phenomenal cake! It was hard to stop eating!

Second, they were super easy to work with. I have a few unusual allergies, and they were able to easily work around them. They were able to get us in for a tasting in relatively short time. They delivered to our venue with absolutely no issue.

Third, they worked around our needs. We had an idea for what we wanted our wedding cake to look and taste like. We kept encountering bakeries that either had minimums above our actual needs or they had their own ideas for what a wedding cake should be. Once In A Blue Moon Bakery & Cafe made us feel important, heard, and appreciated!

Fourth, they have a service where we can get a small version of our cake made for our one-year anniversary so we don’t have to freeze a slice of our cake. Instead, we get a fresh cake that we already know is amazing!

Although we don’t have another wedding to order a cake, we will definitely be visiting the bakery and cafe in the near future. :)

Sent on 06/27/2019

Jessica Alexander · Married on 03/02/2019

Favorite wedding cake

The tasting was perfect for me and my husband to try all the flavors- and it was free. We ended up ordering it that same day during our first cake tasting. The cake is so good and they have so many different fillings and icings. Once we ordered and paid for it, we didn't have to worry about anything else. They delivered it on the wedding day and I didn't hear anything else from them. Which seriously took a load off my plate! Very nice people, delicious cake, beautiful and we can't wait for our one year to get a free anniversary cake!

Sent on 04/01/2019
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 8
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 9
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 10
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 11

Maraika · Married on 01/06/2019

Better then all my dreams

My husband and I we’re married in January of this past year, and starting our wedding planning process I didn’t put much value in our cake. UNTIL I went to Once In a Blue Moon. Our experience with Blue Moon was a GAME CHANGER! For starters, the owner was the one who led our cake tasting and facilitated our entire experience. The whole process felt so personal. Sometimes when you work with a smaller mom/pop shop you’ll a lack of professionalism or timeliness but great service but NOT here. The professionalism was second to none from all our vendors and their responsiveness was impressive.

This is all without mentioning the cake! How good the cake was is STILL the most talked about thing among my family and it’s been 6 months.

We also has unique gluten allergy needs that Blue Moon accommodated. If you are looking for a gluten free cake of any kind, this is your place! When my husband and I went cake tasting here, neither of us could tell the difference between a gluten and gluten free cake.

Pricing wise I would say is more than fair. When we met to design our wedding cake my dream cake was outside the budget that we had set. I was really bummed because I had a vision for a wedding cake and didn’t see how that vision could come true. Between the design team and I we decided to come in again and figure something out. To my great surprise, the owner/designer help me narrow down the crucial pieces that made my dream cake perfect. As I described to her my vision she threw out a cake that was within our budget with the room to add some fun detailing. I decided to trust that team and leave it to the experts. On our WEDDING DAY, our photographer had snuck into our venue before hand and snapped a picture of our wedding cake. The results...unbelievable. The cake that was delivered and created for our wedding day blew every childhood dream OUT OF THE WATER. I could NOT begin to think up a more PERFECT cake!!

Once in a Blue Moon Bakery was the SIMPLEST and most stress-FREE part of our ENTIRE wedding process! Thank you guys so much for making my husband and I feel like the most important and special people.

Side note: We ordered a 3 tier vanilla cake with white butter cream frosting. Each tier has had 3 fillings, homemade chocolate ganache, homemade raspberry ganache (With real raspberry’s), and finally homemade chocolate and raspberry ganache combined. We provided a gluten free option with the same flavors but used sheet cake. Our cake fed 135 people with the perfect amount left over.

Blue Moon, we will be using you for decades of anniversaries, and all our special birthdays! Thank you!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 12
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 13
    Once In A Blue Moon Bakery 14

Once In A Blue Moon Bakery Pricing

Once In A Blue Moon Bakery Price Rates

Once In A Blue Moon Bakery FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.75
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.75
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake, Top Tier of the Cake
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use? Fresh Fruit, Local, Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Emily Katherine Events
    Emily Katherine Events Wedding Planners

Once in a Blue Moon made the wedding cake for a wedding I coordinated, and I was very impressed! The delivered a 3 tier cake and a sheet cake, both of which were delicious! They even decorated the 3-tier with leftovers from the florist, and it looked beautiful with the bride's reception theme.

• 115-G W. Chatham Street Cary, NC, 27511 See on map