53 Reviews for Sugar Cloud Baking Company

Kosher (1)
Lactose Free (1)
Nut Free (1)
51 Sugar Cloud Baking Company Reviews

Delicious and beautiful. Seriously, it was hard to choose which flavors to use in my wedding cake because they were all incredible. I narrowed it down to four and asked to have a slice of EACH layer in the room to enjoy after the reception.

Profile Picture Jonsie, 11/4/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Organic, Cakes

Working with SugarCloud and Serena was a dream! Everything went smoothly and perfectly and we could not ask for more
The end result was a beautiful wedding cake that our guests are STILL talking about! Not one crumb was left!!!! so the only thing I would suggest is order more than you need!!!! She also made Linzer cookies, a donut hole tower and provided champagne cake push pops for our party favors! Each dessert was amazing! Our guests were wowed! Choosing Sugar Cloud will be the easiest and best decision for your wedding:)

Profile Picture deb, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Dessert Buffet, Pastries, Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Practically perfect in every way!
Such a joy to work with!
Delicious and beautiful!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena was a pleasure to work with and our rehearsal dinner cake was the hit of the night! From the minute we met her and had our tasting, to our big day- she was responsive, warm and her cake was incredible! She sculpted a golden retriever for us that looked just like our dog! It was incredible. We can't recommend her enough!!

Profile Picture Charlotte, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We could not have been happier with our rehearsal dinner cake from Sugar Cloud! Not only was it beautiful, it was also delicious. It was the truly the talk of our wedding -- our guests could not get over it. Thank you so much, Serena & team!

Profile Picture catherine, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Serena created an amazing dessert bar for my daughter's wedding!! She listened to what the bride and groom had to say and put together beautiful and delicious cookies and cakes that incorporated family heritage from both sides of the family. The Hungarian cookies, Highland beer pops, macaroons and Scottish cookies flew off the table. Her creativity and dedication to "pure" ingredients is obvious in everything she does. In addition, she went out of her way to make sure the "goodies" arrived in Georgia in perfect shape.

Profile Picture Pam, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena provided a beautiful dessert table and a gorgeous cake! Guests enjoyed the dessert bar so much that the desserts quickly disappeared. Guest raved about the doughnuts! Thank you Serena and I have two more daughters:)

Profile Picture Deborah, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit, Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Pastries

Sugar Cloud Baking Company was a dream to work with. Serena was as sweet as can be! We had a dessert bar for our wedding and our guests absolutely loved it, as did I! The setup was super cute, but more importantly, it all tasted amazing. I would most definitely recommend this dessert company.

Profile Picture Emily, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet

I cannot say enough good things about Serena at Sugar Cloud Bakery. She and her staff are amazing. She was easy to work with and very accommodating. The cake was delicious as well as beautiful. The delivery was on time. She was always responsive to my emails and/or calls. The grooms cake of "The Beatles" was awesome! We felt the cost was very reasonable. I would certainly recommend her. She is conveniently located near Asheville NC.

Profile Picture C, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

We cannot say enough about Serena, her amazing talents, and her staff! From start to finish, she and her staff took the time to speak with us about what we wanted for a Groom's Cake for my son's rehearsal dinner. She listened, asked questions so she would know exactly what we wanted, and even sent us pictures so we could see what she was thinking before we agreed on the finished product. She is simply AMAZING!! We are all still talking about the cake and the brew pops!! Serena is truly an artist and an incredible baker. Our only disappointment is that she is in NC and we live over two hours away. I would visit her shop everyday to enjoy her amazing creations!!!

Profile Picture Patty, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena's work is AMAZING! When planning our wedding we were in such a frenzy we forgot to contact a baker for our wedding cake/cupcakes until 3 months before our big day, our wedding planner recommended Serena to us and thank goodness she did! Serena was able to cram me in in such short notice for a tasting and to go over all details for what we wanted for our big day, being so flexible about meet times because we live 6 hours away, my now husband was unable to come with me to the tasting so Serena boxed some up so he could be included in the decision! On the big day, she knew where to go and had everything set up beautifully. It's now almost 3 weeks after our wedding and people are still RAVING about how delicious the cake and cupcakes were at our reception! She was such a delight to work with for all the details and I would recommend her over and over. I CANNOT wait to dig into that top tier of our cake next year just to have another taste. If you want the best, I definitely recommend Serena. Thank you times a million Serena for all your beautiful creations!

Profile Picture Morgan, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Gluten Free, Kosher, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Cakes, Cupcakes

My husband and I loved working with Serena! From the moment we met her, she understood our vision of what we wanted on our wedding day. We were so impressed with her work, especially the cake that she made for our rehearsal dinner night. Our dog Joey could not be at our actual wedding and so Serena made us a "Joey" cake! She was so attentive to details that we had given her about Joey and it made our day extra special. The cake was also a real crowd pleaser! We also really enjoyed our apple hummingbird wedding cake and kept hearing from guests how much they enjoyed the favor as well. We feel very lucky to have worked with such a talented cake artist and I would recommend her work to anyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Groom's Cake, Local, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Serena was wonderful! Not only are her cakes as delicious as they are beautiful, Serena was also willing to work with our budget to get the most bang for our buck. I would definitely recommend her!

Profile Picture User5553780, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Vegan, Cake Stands, Fresh Fruit, Organic, Cakes

Thank you for a beautiful delicious cake! Everyone was raving this was by far the best wedding cake they have ever tasted!

Profile Picture Kim, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We got married at the Fields of Blackberry Cove in early May and Artista Cakes made our wedding cake. Serena met us for a cake tasting when we were visiting Asheville and we could not believe how delicious every flavor was. Needless to say, Serena did a fabulous job with our cake and we were not disappointed in the least! The cake was beautiful and tasted even better than it looked! Serena clearly is so talented, professional, and easy to work with. We recommend Artista Cakes to any couple wanting not only a beautiful but also delicious cake!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/6/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After first speaking with Serena about our wedding cake needs, I felt like I had found a needle in a haystack. I was blown away by her variety of delicious flavors, willingness to do a multi-flavor layered cake, experience making naked cakes, very reasonable prices, and flexibility to meet us in Cashiers for our tasting. The final product was so delicious and truly the best wedding cake I've ever had. Several of our guests had multiple slices to sample the various flavors. We're saving our topper for our 1 year anniversary, but I'm already anxious to dig into it. :) Thank you so much Serena!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/23/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena Owen was highly recommended to us, and after meeting her, my daughter's decision was easy. We had a tasting on a cool, beautiful summer afternoon and found Serena to be pretty cool and beautiful herself! And the true test of her talent is that only the top layer remained of the wedding cake, which I had to remove before that, too, was eaten! The taste and the presentation were beyond our expectations.

Profile Picture Ann, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Beautiful cake!!! Serena is very talented! Extremely pleased with her services.
I texted her a picture of a similar cake I wanted and she said NO PROBLEM, I CAN DO THIS! The sugar flowers she created were unbelievable! She assured me my special day would be just fine and to enjoy! My husband and I were so proud of our cake!

Profile Picture Haven, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands

Serena at Artista Cakes is fabulous. We ordered a three-tier cake through her. Serena gave us a sketch of the cake, which was great since I was then able to make modifications to it. Also she suggested flavor combinations which turned out really well. I (the bride) almost never eat wedding cake, but this one was delicious!! It went pretty fast. I had a slice of the chocolate with salted caramel layer, and it was divine. We also had a vegan carrot cake layer with ginger honey buttercream, which was gone before I could have a slice. The top layer (chai coconut) has been frozen for a little bit - can't wait to eat it! Go with Serena for your wedding cake.

Profile Picture Sofia, 7/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a cake table with three types of cakes at the wedding and all three were absolutely delicious. Working with Serena was a true pleasure. She worked within our budget and even made a spectacular groom's cake, that he is still talking about. Everyone commented on how delicious the cakes were and most people had two pieces. Her chocolate cake and coconut cake are mouth watering delicious. The cakes were all divine.

Profile Picture Ginger, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The most amazing cake I have ever had! Friends and family are still complimenting. Everything I wanted and much more.

Profile Picture Lydia, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered a 4 tier ruffle cake with pink sugar roses and a Playstation 4 grooms cake with a handmade controller and games for our wedding. Serena was always available with answers to our questions and was always very professional and excited to help us. The day of our wedding, I was floored by how amazing our cakes looked! The ruffle cake was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and everybody thought the groom's cake was an actual Playstaion 4! My husband hesitated when it was time to cut it.The flavors were delicious and it was the most moist cake I have ever had. We have had tons of rave reviews on our cakes!
We couldn't have asked for better service and a more beautiful ending to our day! We will definitely be calling Artista Cakes in a year for an "Anniversary cake" and will continue to come back for years to come. Thank you for making such a beautiful memory for my new husband and myself!

Profile Picture Desiree, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena and her husband hand delivered our wedding cake to our venue which was many miles from her bakery. Our wedding coordinator and venue owner commented on how pleasant both Serena and her husband were. People, even months after our wedding day, are still talking about our wedding cake. They mention the beautiful layers, the sugar peonies, and even the rustic wooden stand that it stood on. It was almost a focal point of our wedding day. When they ask, “who did your cake?” I proudly say “Artista Cakes.” If you are looking to choose a cake decorator that is detailed, experience, and ready to accommodate your wishes, I suggest you choose Serena and her team. I have no doubt that you will be impressed.

Profile Picture Summer, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Serena was very easy to work with. I told her the type of cake I was wanting and she was able to give me exactly what I wanted. She has such strong creative and artistic qualities that there is no need to worry about her making you a beautiful cake. Her cakes not only look beautiful but are absolutely delicious!!! Serena's cakes are very moist and don't have that fake flavoring that you can sometimes taste in cakes. It's been more than 2 months since the wedding and everyone is still raving about how my wedding cake was the best cake they have ever had!!! I even have had a good number of people tell me that they don't usually care for wedding cake but actually went up for seconds because my cake tasted so good!!!

Profile Picture User4314824, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews