Stewart Bertrand Photography Reviews

17 Reviews for Stewart Bertrand Photography

1 User photo

Stewart Bertrand Photography 1

kevin · Married on 11/10/2017

Stewart Bertrand is amazing.

The very first time we talked to Stewart, we knew we were going to go with him for our wedding. His passion for photography, attention to detail and care for his clients are very apparent and helped keep us calm while navigating the confusing process that is a modern wedding.

Stewart was / is always available for questions, checked in on us leading up to the wedding and really listened to the ideas we had, in addition to adding his own (incredibly solid) suggestions.

The actual day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother. Stewart and his assistant captured the love, fun and excitement, both with setups and plenty of candids, but it never felt like they were in the way.

Our favorite moment was at the beach when Stewart and assistant worked in a seamless flow to capture some amazing, magazine-style shots. Not only did they work with fleeting light in a public space, but they kept things fun and loose, which helped keep us fun and loose.

The (now) wife and I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended Stewart for any photography needs and would eagerly work with him again.

Stew: a huge thank you to you and Xavier for helping make an incredible experience!

Matt · Married on 08/26/2017

My wife and I were impressed with Stewart from the onset of our first meeting to the delivery of our finished photos. He showed flexibility, extra effort, organization and asked all the right questions at our first meeting. It quickly become clear that we could trust him capturing the most important day of our lives. When our special day came, he captured every moment beautifully. We had so many great photos that it was hard to narrow them down to the "keepers." We are incredibly grateful to have met Stewart and were lucky he was available. We would hire him again 100x over!

Stewart Bertrand Photography 2

Craig · Married on 07/13/2013

From our initial phone interview meeting with Stewart, to the face-to-face planning meeting, to our wedding day and beyond, Stewart was amazing. He was extremely easy to talk with and we immediately felt comfortable. He also made it easy for us to explain what we wanted in our wedding pictures and ensured us he would make even better than we had imagined. He didn't fail to deliver on the promise. He and his cameramen at the wedding were courteous, imaginative, yet completely professional and task-oriented. He was reassuring to see Stewart so focused during the wedding shoot because it meant he wanted to do the best job possible. He also did a masterful job of coordinating our post-wedding pic plans without causing a major disruption to the reception party! When we received our wedding pics (over 900!) to review online, we were amazed. The color, clarity, poses, and overall quality of the pictures were perfect...many of which you could see being in a wedding magazine! Yes, they were THAT good! My wife and I recommend anyone getting married in Southern California to reach out to Stewart FIRST!

Eileen · Married on 10/13/2012

Wedding Day – October 13, 2012 at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel – Nicole and Shane

I would like to express my highest gratitude to Stewart Bertrand and his excellent photography work. I really appreciate all the time and energy he put into my daughter’s wedding.
    Beginning with our first meeting to the last one, Stewart went all out. I knew just after our first meeting he was the one I would hire for photographing my daughter’s wedding.
    I explained that I would be the point of contact because my daughter and her fiancé didn’t live where the wedding was taking place. He asked all the right questions and moved forward as to the location and day of the Engagement shoot.
    That was the first time he met the bride and groom. Steward captured some exquisite shots in Balboa Park of the two of them. It was an overcast day, but he made it work.
    Then the wedding day preparation, the worksheet included (times/special shots etc). We communicated a lot by email and phone. He was there every step of the way to help me look at what was needed for him to be there with his camera and crew catching every picture possible.
    Once he completed the Wedding Day pictures, I was able to view them at his studio. He set the tone with music in the background to compliment his work. Most of the time I was viewing the pictures, I held back tears seeing my baby girl so beautiful.
    Absolutely the top notch professionalism and amazing quality work of an artist.
    Thank you Stewart.

Alena · Married on 06/30/2012

INCREDIBLE!!! We loved working with Stewart! I recommend him to everyone! His pictures are amazing, his talent is incredible. He also has incredible assistants. They made sure to get all the pictures we had asked for. He was very professional and very diligent on every question I had for him. He came to and researched my ceremony site and venue site prior to wedding day. He was so organized and I love organized! He had incredible ideas for pictures and would listen to the ideas I had too. I am so impressed with Stewart Bertrand Photography! I plan to use him for future uses!! Best photographer ever!!!!!

Carrin · Married on 06/16/2012

I had Stewart Bertrand for my wedding photographer and could not be happier. Stewart Bertrand is an amazing photographer! Run, don't walk, to a computer or phone to get in contact with him for your wedding. Pictures for my wedding was one of my top priorities. Stewart did everything I wanted and more! He is talented, kind, caring, flexible, and easy going. He will tailor what type/style of pictures you want for your wedding.
    Your wedding day goes by extremely fast and it’s very hard to remember the details when it’s over. Stewart captured all the details of my wedding. When I look back at my wedding pictures, my wedding day is comes alive again and I get to relive the wonderful memories. Without Stewart’s pictures, I would not be able to do this. Beautiful pictures, an excellent photographer, and lasting memories. What more could you ask for? I am so thankful to have had Stewart Bertrand as my photographer. I still get compliments on my wedding photos. You will love what he can do for your wedding.
    Words really cannot express how great he is on all levels for wedding photography.

Bren · Married on 11/07/2011

Stewart's work is awesome! We are so appreciative that he was able to shoot our wedding with only a few days prior notice. Plus he traveled from San Diego to Laguna Beach! The quality of the wedding pictures are amazing and we are thrilled to share them with our loved ones. He was able to get us our final pictures within a few days of the wedding. He knew we really wanted out photos in time for our post wedding reception 10 days later and he really came through. Thanks Stewart!! If you are looking for a high quality, very professional photographer Stewart is your guy!

Artie · Married on 11/06/2011

Could not ask for more from Stewart and his team. Made us feel like part of the family and made our day... Professional and honest which we expected. Thank you Stewart for everything you did for us and for your time. We can't wait to see all the photos...

• O

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2011

I highly recommend Stewart as your wedding photographer. He was nice and patience with us, especially since our wedding party was incredibly unstructured / and was too busy having fun. But even with all this, our photos are just amazing.
    Not only did we both generally enjoyed his company while he shot our wedding, Stewart was also able to capture our carefree attitudes / beach wedding /Santa Monica location. The final product were just beautiful, and captured the essences of who we both are. If you are looking for your personality to be captured in photos, than Stewart is your guy! On top of all this, he even stayed longer than he was meant to, because he wanted to ensure he got some shots of people dancing at our wedding. Unbelievable customer service.

Katheryn · Married on 08/01/2011

Stewart Bertrand is absolutely amazing, truly one of the greatest highlights to our wedding. He added so much by doing little things, showing me a beautiful shot when somehow he knew I was wondering how everything was turning out, as well as making the big things look easy, relating to and understanding the family and guests. Although he helped our wedding afternoon be all the more special, covering over the imperfections and making us feel like royalty, he also ended up whisking my husband and I away off his clock, gifting us with creative and personal shots at sunset. He showered us with such special moments on our wedding day and gifted us with beautiful photos we will always cherish! Thank you so much Stewart!

AD · Married on 07/30/2011

Stewart Bertrand was the AMAZING photographer at our San Diego wedding. We were so impressed with him from our initial meeting. He is easy to work with, very knowledgeable about photography, and is just a great person!!!

Before the wedding, he met with us several times and really listened to our ideas. The day of the wedding, he was very professional and always made us feel comfortable and relaxed. Our wedding party also commented on how great Stewart was throughout the day. Several weeks after the wedding, I was speechless and a little teary-eyed when I saw how beautiful the pictures turned out. He captured so many wonderful shots and the print out versions of the pictures are AMAZING!! I look at our album all the time.

I cannot thank Stewart enough for our beautiful pictures!! I am so grateful to him and the great work he did for us. I highly, highly, highly recommend him and would refer any of my friends or family to him.

Miriam · Married on 06/24/2011

Best Photographer you can get by far!

Stewart is a wonderful photographer. As a professional, his work speaks for itself, his photographic work is amazing, moreover, his personality is energetic but understanding, he works with the couple really well and he makes the greatest effort to make you feel comfortable. I was not used to being photographed that much, Stewart took care of photographing my wedding (ceremony and reception), my bridal shower, my engagement session and my civil wedding in Mexico, and all through these events, Stewart was just like another member of the family. He knows how to capture the best moments and he knows what is your best angle, he really took amazing pictures and I never knew I could look so good. He is such a good person and such a professional, that I know he will be my family photographer for years to come, I will never think of anyone else but Stewart to take our family photographs. If you are a couple that is interested in quality work, professionalism and a friendly demeanor, than look no further than Stewart Bertrand. My husband and me interviewed about four to five photographers aside from Stewart, and no one even came close to what he offered us and even more important than that, his friendly nature, you want a person like him on your team throughout all these special events in your life. I cannnot stress how highly I recommend Stewart as your wedding photographer, he is just the best wedidng photographer in San Diego. One last thing, his work is so genius that he got us a spot in the San Diego Style Weddings magazine as a Real Wedding, that in it of itself says it all, he is the best. You won't go wrong if you hire him.

Rachel · Married on 01/08/2011

Stewart is one of those most professional and flexible photographers out there in San Diego county. He took the most amazing looking photographs and took his time when editing and made the photographs look the best quality possible. Not only is he a super nice guy but very loving and compassionate. If I ever need a photographer in the future he will be the guy I am going to call.

Elena · Married on 06/28/2009

Words truly cannot expresses how appreciative we are of Stewart and his incredible giftedness with photography. Not only does his have an incredible eye with many creative and unique ideas, but he also possesses such a wonderfully calming positivity. He was such a pleasure to work with. I never thought I would get into the water with my wedding dress on but thanks to Stewarts suggestion, these pictures are not only absolutely stunning but they are also among my favorite! Having him take our engagement and wedding photos was one of the most enjoyable and best decisions we made. Without a doubt, we having every intention and hope to take pictures with him again. If you really want more than just beautiful pictures, Stewart has the eye and giftedness to give you truly WOW pictures- and that is the best investment you can make with any wedding! Also, having the confidence of going into your wedding day knowing that even though other things may go amiss but your pictures will turn absolutely spectacular is such a relief! Again, I really can’t say it enough, Stewart is an incredible photographer in every regard the best person to work with!

Paula · Married on 09/28/2014

We could not be happier with the choice we made to have Stewart as our photographer for our wedding day and engagement photo shoot. Stewart is an amazing photographer. He is very passionate about his work, and he produces breath taking results. He truly captured our love and passion for each other. The finished product is well worth the wait and investment made.

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/09/2011

From start to finish Stewart was an amazing choice for our wedding photography. We had a do-it-yourself beach wedding and spoke to 4 different photographers. After speaking to Stewart, we realized that is level of professionalism and his personality were the perfect fit for our wedding. To start, our wedding was on a naval base which adds to an already complicated beach wedding. Stewart never let the location be a problem. He was patient about meeting with us at the base, on our sponsor’s schedule; and helped to create a photographic environment where the sun didn't hinder his photography or peoples' view of our wedding. He was also so helpful and professional with our engagement photos. Because of my sensitive eyes, the first shoot while beautiful, contained a lot of pictures that made me look like I was squinting or that my eyes were completely closed. Concerned with our happiness over quality, he scheduled another shoot at a similar location, but at a time where my eyes would not be as sensitive to the light. The second photo shoot turned out great. The day of our wedding was chaotic, and the beach over crowded. Stewart and his team handled everything so well that the pictures look as if our wedding party were the only ones on the beach. He is so fun to work with that even the tense and stressful moments, he was able to make enjoyable.

Greg · Married on 09/18/2010

I used Steward Bertrand photography for my wedding in Sept. 2010 in San Diego. We were extremely happy with the final product. Even more, we really enjoyed the process with Stewart and were amazed at the artistic vision he can capture that is carefully based on our input. I found he really personalizes the photos well to capture natural moments that occur during that special day. It then results in a final product that you'll be proud of - for a lifetime. In all sincerity, our photoalbums for both our engagement and wedding display the artistic talent that Stewart has. Even for hiring a photographer of that caliber, I would say that our photos came off even better than expected . On a scale of 1 to 10, I honestly would say that my experience with Stewart ran at a 10. Was very satisfied and will probably go back to Stewart for future photos with our offspring.