Solas Raleigh Reviews

Solas Raleigh 1
Solas Raleigh 2
Solas Raleigh 3

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2018

We just had our wedding at The Raleigh Beer Garden (a sister place of Solas) and Miriam did our wedding. Words can't describe how great she is. Every answer she had was 'yes', there was nothing that was out of her reach. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, she's extremely competent and professional. You can't go wrong with her!

• W

Wesleyt · Married on 03/10/2018

We were so happy and pleased with our experience. Miriam was exceptional, and we couldn't have ask for better. Than you for everything that you did for our wedding and reception!

chloe · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I went to Hawaii and had a ceremony for the two of us and came back to celebrate with all of our family and friends and we picked Solas as our venue. The prices were very reasonable, the space is beautiful and I even did not have to decorate at all. Miriam is extremely responsive and is a great help! The night was absolutely perfect, all the guests were raving about the space as well as how great the food was! I would highly recommend Solas. Miriam and her team are fantastic!

Brittany · Married on 07/08/2017

I was so amazed at how amazing Solas is as a wedding venue. I had my doubts, since it is a nightclub, but after Miriam and her team set everything up (that's right, they set it ALL up for me) it was transformed to the PERFECT wedding spot. I was looking for a place that had everything there-tables, linens, food, drinks, and this place provided it all! I gave this place a chance from reviews left by other brides and I was far from disappointed. I can't talk highly enough of Miriam. She is beyond the best!! She's so accommodating and wants to make sure this day is perfect for the bride and will do whatever she can to make it happen. The rooftop was such a cool place to get married. I heard only praises about our wedding and how fun our guests had. Highly recommend!

Solas Raleigh 4
    Solas Raleigh 5
    Solas Raleigh 6

candice · Married on 05/20/2017

After looking at about 100 venues in Raleigh, I met Miriam the event planner at Solas and fell in love!

Venue: Beautiful rooftop. I provided some flowers and paper lanterns and it was complete. Generally, the ceremony is on the roof and reception on the 2nd, but I wanted everything on the roof for my afternoon spring wedding and Miriam made it happen!

Food/ Drink/ Service: I was super pleased with everything that was served, and the service. The floor staff were personable, fun, and professional without being stuffy.

Planning service: I would have been lost without Miriam Black and her services. Other venues in the area had a very "hands off" attitude but working with Miriam was like getting a wedding planner included with the price of your reception. I truly can't say enough good things about her. If you are considering Solas at all, go check it out and talk with her and I know you fall in love like I did!

Portia · Married on 06/11/2016

Everyone was so wonderful. Miriam made sure my day was perfect. Everything was organized. Everyone was comfortable and the staff was beyond amazing. Thank you.

• Emily

Emily · Married on 05/21/2016

Originally, I was a little nervous about Solas as our wedding venue. Everyone in Raleigh knows that it is a nightclub, and I wasn't sure if it was going to be a good space for a wedding. I read all of the reviews on WeddingWire before going to look at Solas -- so many people expressed the same concerns, but after having their wedding at the venue, couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was. So we took a chance -- and I can't say enough great things about this place! I am *SO* happy that we chose Solas as our wedding venue! We had our ceremony on the rooftop and the reception on the second floor and it was all just absolutely perfect!! So many people told me how amazing the whole day was just because this venue is so cool and different! Solas is really affordable and takes care of everything for you! Linens, tables, plates/silverware, setup/breakdown, food, alcohol, etc. -- when you've had to set up all those things for a wedding you appreciate a venue that does this all for you!

From the very beginning, Miriam was amazing! We were pretty excited about the space before going to see it for the first time, but after we met Miriam we were sold! She responds to emails really quickly, she answered tons of questions, she even met us multiple days so we could look at the space and plan everything out. On the day of your wedding, she helps with EVERYTHING! From setup, to breakdown, to running the ceremony -- she is awesome!! The Solas staff is also amazing! The servers there were incredibly polite and the server who was assigned to us (I wish I got her name) was wonderful! She was so sweet and both she and Miriam checked in with us frequently to make sure we had everything we needed. The Solas staff helped us clean everything up within 10 minutes and brought everything down to the car for us.

Overall, we are SO pleased with Solas and would definitely recommend this venue!! Thank you, Solas, for helping to make our wedding day absolutely perfect!

Candice · Married on 03/19/2016

I was so happy to hold my wedding here. Miriam is the best coordinator ever to work with. She is very patient and creative. She understood every request and was very knowledgeable when it came to my food order. This venue is highly used, and everyone I told about my event knew about the Solas. I highly recommend using this venue and working with Miriam. You will not be upset and will have an awesome event. Lastly, I loved the fact that the cost included the food and beverage minimum which takes a lot off a planning couple. Good Luck

Amy · Married on 03/12/2016

I can not say enough good things about Solas! We were concerned not having a wedding planner but Miriam made sure our day was a success! She was so accommodating and even allowed us to change from the rooftop to the second floor on the night before our wedding. She took care of everything and I could not have imagined a better day!!!

I am in HR so I have to plan a lot of events for work and volunteer groups, and have worked with Solas many times on corporate events from cocktail parties to holiday gatherings. We've always been very pleased with everything from customer service and food to space and setup, but I have to say that after having my wedding reception there, that they have completely outdone themselves!!!

We had an awesome evening party with food, music, and open bar and our guests were blown away at how gorgeous and comfortable the venue setup was, and raved about the food, drinks, and service. Because it was chilly, our party was set up mostly indoors, but the first floor was a great choice for us because they had lounge seating and firepits arranged so our guests were able to take breaks and enjoy the patio, as well.

From the beginning of the process, the Events Manager, Miriam, was so helpful, responsive, and went above and beyond to make sure we were well prepared for a great night. She worked with us on appropriate selections/amounts of food, helped us to estimate our beverage situation, and arranged for A/V so we could show our wedding video (since this was a post-elopement reception).

Our party was from 8-11 on a Saturday night so it was also a fun option for some of our guests to keep the party going and head up to the rooftop :)

Our server, Bri, was absolutely the sweetest! She was so attentive and flexible to our specifications, and had a smile the entire time. We really enjoyed having her at our party!

Our bartender, Vic, was a true professional and was super fun and charming - he made our guests feel special as we all bombarded him at the bar for drinks constantly :)

Additionally, Miriam was very accommodating in allowing us to come check out the A/V sound options prior to our event, and even stored our decor and equipment after the party so we didn't have to worry about a thing but having fun.

Seriously - 10 out of 10 Solas! Thank you so much!!!!

Great venue! We were looking for a cost efficient location that would allow us to have the ceremony and reception in the same place. We reached out for information to several venues, and Solas quickly stood out. The event coordinator, Miriam Black, promptly responded with a summary of Solas and the amenities available. We reserved all 3 levels for our wedding.

Miriam was very positive, energetic and helpful along the way. She checked in to make sure everything was on track which helped ease my mind. She answered all my questions and provided suggestions when needed.

We had a consumption bar, and I worked with Miriam to customize our alcohol selection to keep the overall price manageable.

What stood out the most was the following: the week of our wedding, a major storm was approaching, and we had to change the plan. The rooftop would not be a safe/dry location for the ceremony. We had to move the ceremony to the 1st level and have the cocktail hour/reception on the 2nd level. I was beginning to stress over the change, but Miriam was very reassuring that everything would look beautiful and that she would make sure it all came together.

When I arrived on my wedding day, I was blown away! The Solas team did an exceptional job transforming the venue to my dream wedding. The staff constantly checked in on me all night to make sure I was having a good time and kept the flow going.

Guests continue to tell us how much fun they had at the wedding and how beautiful everything looked. I'm beyond happy that we decided to use Solas for our wedding venue, as Miriam and her staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect!

I would recommend Solas to anyone looking for an all inclusive venue that allows you to customize it to your preference. Weddings are stressful, but booking Solas eliminates so much of the extra hassle. The staff is wonderful, the food is amazing, the location and parking are extremely convenient, and the price can't be beat!

Carol · Married on 09/12/2015

We had an after-the-honeymoon party at Solas and our experience was over the top. Miriam was awesome to work with. We just made basic decisions (date, menu, bar options) and she did the rest. Never have I had such a wonderful party come together so easily. And DJ Dave kept us hopping with fun music that appealed to a broad range of ages and tastes. I've had so many tell me what a great time they had and how delicious the food was. THANK YOU, MIRIAM and Solas, for a fantastic evening!

This is a fabulous space for a wedding reception. We were already committed to a different location for our ceremony, but I think it would have been beautiful to have it here as well. We had the cocktail hour on the rooftop and the reception on the second floor. The food was amazing and the space is fun and elegant at the same time. It was a great location for our guests with a nice hotel down the street within walking distance, and a fun nightlife atmosphere in the area for our younger guests to move on to after the reception ended. Between the rooftop and the floor to ceiling windows on the second floor, the majority of our reception took place with a sunset backdrop. It was amazing! Our guests raved about the whole experience. Miriam Black, the Events Coordinator, is awesome to work with, really accommodating during the planning process and knows how to keep things moving smoothly and keeping everything looking great the night of the event. Any glitches that came up (mainly from other vendors) were handled with grace and Miriam really made sure we had a great time and didn't have to worry about a thing. We used the house DJ, Dave Severence, who did a really nice job of keeping everyone dancing and entertained. He works in sync with the Solas staff like an extended part of their team to keep the night on track. I loved the turn-key option with Solas, as most everything is included. Bring in a few flowers for the table center pieces and you've got a reception!

Samantha · Married on 04/11/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Solas. We absolutely loved it from the day we booked it. After booking it over a year in advance, there wasn't much to do until we got to about 3 months before the date. However, Miram and Max were both great about staying in contact with me. They also allowed me and my mom to come in and look at the space again and go over everything with us multiple times. Miriam did a great job of coordinating the day of events. Our ceremony ran really smoothly! The space looked amazing. They took everything we did and added more to it! It all looked way better than I could ever imagine. The food was absolutely amazing. The bartenders were so awesome. All of my friends commented on how quick they were to give refills and the remembered exactly the drink you ordered. I never had to go to the bar because they would find me on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Solas!!!

Jen · Married on 11/10/2014

We chose Solas for a big Bar Mitzvah party for our son - not a wedding - but it is just as festive an occasion! The second floor lounge is beautiful and cool, and kudos to our amazing event coordinator, Miriam Black, who was extremely friendly, understanding, smart and organized. We will definitely consider Solas again when we have another big celebration...can't say enough!

Michelle · Married on 11/08/2014

We loved this place! I cannot say enough good things about our wedding ceremony and reception at Solas. Miriam Black, the event coordinator, and the staff were exceptional. They made me feel as though I didn't have a care in the world because they had it all taken care of. My guests raved at what a beautiful and fun wedding we had here. If anyone asks me if I know of a venue for a wedding...or any other kind of celebration...I'm pointing them straight to Solas!! And by the way, the food was crazy good!!

Courtney · Married on 11/01/2014

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at Solas. The ceremony was on the third floor and the reception being on the second. The ceremony space is amazing! It is so different from the traditional church wedding, yet even my grandmother approved! They have lots of plants and such so not much need to decorate, which saved me hundreds. The isle runner was included, which saved me even more. The only items I felt I needed were two flower pieces to go at the designated alter space. Also, going with solas for the reception made the wedding even more easier to plan. The tables, chairs, linens and tableware is provided. I did not have to worry about each little detail so planning the wedding myself was possible!

Mariam was phenomenal to work with as well. She was extremely helpful and even coordinated my rehearsal since my officiate did not do rehearsals. This was such a relief for me as a stressed out bridezilla! I can not forgot the in house DJ Severance. He MC’d the entire event and even checked on me during the ceremony to make sure everything was going to plan. All you have to do is tell him what you want, give him the tools he needs and watch him go to work. The execution of everything was perfect. He knows Solas like the back of his hand and I would recommend using him if you are going to book with Solas. He was full of energy and got everyone on the dance floor.

I will say it again, the Solas team are AMAZING. I swear every time I saw the DJ, Mariam or anyone from the Solas team they immediately asked if I were okay and if there was anything I needed. Their presence just made my day. And guys…I was stressed. Solas and Severance are an amazing value for money and at the end, I feel like I made out like a bandit. The service they provide is above and beyond and they made sure my wedding was the best day of my life. Not to mention the food is incredible!

• W

Whitney · Married on 09/06/2014

Solas made all of our dreams for our wedding come to life! I must say when someone first suggested Solas as a venue to me I was very skeptical. I had been to Solas several times for night-life and I could not imagine it as a wedding venue. We researched and visited venue after venue and were not finding what we were looking for. We did not want a traditional ballroom wedding. We wanted it to be a laid back and fun event, yet we also wanted it to be sophisticated. It was also important to us to have everything in-house in a venue. After meeting with Miriam, the event coordinator at Solas, several times we decided to put our trust in her. She and her staff did not disappoint!! They went above and beyond to make sure everything on our wedding day went perfectly! We loved the diversity that Solas offered. We used the rooftop for our ceremony location. It was absolutely perfect! One of the things that attracted us to Solas was that the rooftop could be closed in the event of rain. That is always such a concern with having an outdoor wedding. From there our guest were ushered to the patio on the first floor for a cocktail hour. The reception was held back on the rooftop. Miriam's team transformed the space within the cocktail hour. We had a buffet for our guest and also offered a carving station. The food was great. The staff had a plate made for us and made sure we took a few minutes to sit down and eat. From there the dancing and party started. We had a sparkler exit out of the front door and left in a rickshaw with a "Just Married" sign attached. Everything went so smoothly and I know it was due to Miriam. She was event coordinator, staff director and wedding director all in one!
    If you are looking for a unique and fun venue we highly recommend choosing Solas!

• Elish

Elish · Married on 10/26/2013

SO. Can we just talk about how cool this venue is.. IT IS. What made things even better is the event manager, Lauren DeAlto, went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my unique wedding was off the hook! It's hard to put in to words how amazing our wedding looked, and smoothly it flowed if you weren't there. We had a unique wedding, and Lauren went over the moon with making sure we got the food the way we wanted it, the space to look amazing, etc. etc. All of the vendors we used asked me for information on my "wedding coordinator".. and I had to tell them that Lauren worked for Solas - they thought she was my wedding planner because of all the crazy work and time she was putting in! Her team was flawless, and they made my day truly epic. Lauren was on top of everything going on, and worked with all my vendors to make sure we stayed on track with the timeline and she even went so far as to make sure we actually had time to sit down, uninterrupted, and eat our amazing food.

OMG THE FOOD! I still have people raving about the food. I wish we could have all the recipes. I am still dreaming about carne asada tortas, tamales, and empanadas.

Well I could go on and on, but basically.. if you are a unique bride, a modern bride, a colorful bride.. go to Solas! They'll bend over backwards for you, and treat you like a celebrity. I love Lauren (who is just such a rad lady in general), her crew, and the location (yay color!). Throw your money at them, I promise you'll love your wedding.

XO

Erin · Married on 10/25/2013

I had my wedding reception this past weekend at Solas and is was amazing! We had our reception in the patio dining area and our pictures came out AMAZING. Lauren and the staff at Solas were a pleasure to work with and I'll def. recommend them to couples in the future. Thanks Solas!

lindsay · Married on 10/19/2013

We had our wedding at Solas last week and I have to say I was nervous about having our wedding at a night club. I just didn't know how the vibe would be, I was unsure about the food and crossed my fingers. I worked closely with Miriam and Lauren so that every detail of our wedding and my OCD on this adventure was taken care of, but still... didn't know how it would go. Fast forward to the wedding day. WOW. Solas held for us the most beautiful reception I could imagine. It was spectauclar. The rooftop was so romantic and the greenery was a beautiful decoration to the city's backdrop. The reception was on the roof top with the roof open, fresh air and votive candles. It was so incredibly beautiful, the staff was on the ball, the energy was high due to the masterfulness of DJ Dave Severage (who we LOVED), and I can't express enough how thrilled we were. I would do it over and over at Solas and felt like our guests had a fantastic experience that did not feel like a boring wedding, but a fun time with great food, music and a celebration of our love. Thank you Solas. We loved our wedding and we are so grateful! (ps. your new banquet menu was delishious!)

Ellen · Married on 06/29/2013

Take the worry out of the details. Lauren DeAlto and the staff at Solas were fabulous. What a great place to have your event. The food, the atmosphere, the value......I can't think of a better place. We had a WONDERFUL time as did all of our guests. THANKS Lauren and Solas for EVERYTHING!

Sharon · Married on 03/30/2013

Everyone at Sola's was very nice and extremely helpful. Lauren went above and beyond to help make my wedding perfect!
    Everything was awesome! And the food was great!

Melissa · Married on 08/25/2012

I recently used Solas for my wedding venue. My Husband and I were searching for a nontraditional yet affordable venue and were about to give up for our plan B...eloping to some tropical paradise until we had a drink one afternoon on the terrace of Solas and realized the potential this venue has for any type of event. We met with the Event Coordinator "Lauren Dealto" who was AMAZING! She's super laid back but extremely professional and helpful. She worked within our limited budget and made sure we missed out on NOTHING! Our ceremony was held on the rooftop followed by the cocktail hour and reception on the 2nd floor. We even used one of the VIP rooftop cabanas for the after party. Lauren AND her staff truly made our wedding perfect...even taking my husbands smelly shoes back to our car...long story! Everyone is still talking about how great the food was...seriously, we didn't pick Solas for the food but you'd have a hard time telling our guests that. Aside from the eats, our guests really enjoyed the convenience Solas provides with only a staircase or elevator between wedding venue and reception. Sound was top notch as one would imagine since it's a club by night, they offer very inexpensive valet parking, original and modern decor, and killer cocktails.

Lauren also set us up with our DJ... "Dave Severance" who moonlights at Solas for various events and drove our wedding from start to finish allowing us to select our playlists for the cocktail and dining hours while doing what he does best during the party portion and keeping the dance floor (see through!) packed with moving bodies.

Lauren is an ace...use her while you can. We're huge fans and you will be as well. I don't think this place is going to be a wedding secret for very long with her behind their event planning.