Solar Photographers Reviews

25 | Kansas City, MO

25 Reviews for Solar Photographers

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

amy · Married on 09/29/2012

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!! I fell in love with their pictures on their blog but fell even more in love with them. Josh and Jenny are the most love filled people ever. They shoot with just that.... LOVE. They have a way of bringing out the couple's relationship and who they are in their pictures. Plus they make you pancakes!!!! :)

Sent on 11/09/2012

Ellen · Married on 05/05/2012

Josh and Jenny Solar are fantastic!! We are so happy we chose them to document our wedding day! They are wonderfully talented photographers and on top of that, they are fun, laid back, unique, and easy going. They helped us to feel relaxed and to just sit back and enjoy our wedding day. They captured some amazing moments for us that we will forever cherish. We love love love them!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Josh and Jenny are seriously amazing. They caught every single possible moment of our wedding and did it in such amazing ways! They're pictures all turned out to be more than we could ask for. They were worth every single penny we paid for their services. By the end of your pre-wedding consultation, you'll feel like you've gained two new friends. Who wouldn't want friends to capture their special day for them? If you're looking for photographers who will keep you smiling and take pictures of you "as you are" (not making you pose every five seconds for a picture), then Josh and Jenny are definitely for you! Jenny even designed our wedding invitations... they were the best invitations ever!!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Sharman · Married on 04/14/2012

Our pictures are amazing!!! By the end the Solars become your friends!

Sent on 04/22/2012

Kristen · Married on 10/15/2011

Best photographers ever. We couldn't be happier with our choice to use The Solar's as our photographers. They were timely, efficient and wonderful to work with as people. Their work is exceptional and we couldn't believe the quality and quantity of images we have from our wedding. They are professional when it comes to running a business and are amazing when it comes to being artists! We would choose them again and again.

Sent on 11/30/2011

Lindsay · Married on 09/24/2011

We got the best of the best in Jenny and Josh. It was wonderful to work with them. They made everything perfect. Never did I have to worry or stress about our wedding photos, because I was at ease the moment I met them. They know what they're doing from beginning to end. We weren't the only ones who noticed either. Family and other members of our wedding party couldn't stop talking about how professional and friendly they were. It never felt like a photo session- more like hanging out with good friends who happen to have cameras. They were so personable, accommodating, and fun. They truly love what they do. They don't need words of praise from me because their work speaks for itself. They'll be the only ones to ever take pictures of our family for as long as they're in business.

Sent on 11/01/2011
  • W

Amy · Married on 08/13/2011

They don't miss anything!!! Not a person, a kiss, a moment, a dance, a glance, or a smile goes undocumented! Josh and Jenny are so full of energy and creativity, they don't miss a beat. I booked them on recommendation knowing that I couldn't trust any other photographer with our special day. They go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure your photos are unique and reflect who you are as a couple. It's true- they do have fun taking pictures!!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Taylor · Married on 07/30/2011

We knew even before we were engaged that the Solars were the photographers we wanted to work with. We whole-heartedly recommend them to anyone who asks who we used to document our special day. They are kind and easy to work with. This is a business doing it right!

Sent on 10/30/2011

Kristin · Married on 10/24/2009

Josh and Jenny are amazing - seriously amazing. They are super nice and a blast to be around. They have a wonderful eye and create fantastic pictures. I will be a lifetime Solar client - I cant wait to have a baby just to get to work with them again. ;)
    Book them - they are the best and will capture your day like no one else can.

Sent on 11/16/2009

April · Married on 09/18/2009

Josh and Jenny are incredible. If you'd look at the photos, you'd see it too! I loved working with them for my wedding and hope one day they'll take photos of my kids! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 09/30/2009

Brooke · Married on 07/18/2009

Josh and Jenny did a fabulous job at our wedding. From the first time we met them at our initial consultation, we knew they were our photographers. They are just such genuine people, and easy to get along with. I knew we�d have no problem spending our day with them. The day of went great, they were there with us through everything (we got the 8 hour package, and that was the perfect amount of time for us) and documented it all beautifully. Monday after our wedding (which was Saturday) we had some teaser pics (which we bought internet time at our resort to look at we were so anxious!) and then 3 weeks after the wedding we had all the pics. We just love them. I surprisingly find myself wishing we had a couple of more traditional pics, but then again that is totally not their style, and I wouldn�t trade the photos we do have for anything. We are working on our album design now, and I can�t wait to see how it turns out. Jenny does a great job designing the album, she makes the photos tell the story of your day, it�s amazing. The whole day and night they were a breeze to work with, and I would recommend them to anyone. DH and I have already decided they are our photographers for life. I can�t wait to have kids and get newborn, baby, family, all of our pictures done by them! I will say that they are a little pricey compared to some of the others out there, but to me it was worth it. Photography was my #1 priority, and I�m so glad we chose them, it was well worth it.

Sent on 09/17/2009

erica · Married on 07/11/2009

seriously ... wow. personalized and candid photographs which perfectly capture the essence of the moment ... josh and jenny are down to earth and fun ... the best investment we made!

Sent on 07/12/2009

Rebecca · Married on 06/20/2009

Josh and Jenny are so fantastic to work with! They make everyone feel comfortable and really do a great job of capturing the emotion of your wedding day!

Sent on 07/08/2009

Shelly · Married on 12/28/2008

I am still truly blown away by Josh and Jenny and the gift they have given us: The most AMAZING wedding photos. We had such a great time meeting with them for our initial consultation that we knew, without a doubt, we had to have them capture our special day. They are such a cool couple and they put so much thought and energy into their work and making you feel like you and your day are the most important thing they could be doing! It shows....our photos tell our LOVE story perfectly! Our guests loved them...how cool is that? Pretty neat when you feel like your photographers are part of your wedding just like your friends and family...not just some vendors you've hired for the night. That's Josh and Jenny.

Sent on 01/21/2009

Carey · Married on 11/08/2008

I heart Josh and Jenny! First of all, let me say that photography was one of the most important things to me on the wedding day. I looked at TONS of photographers online, and we "interviewed" 8 different photogs. We decided to go with Josh and Jenny because they produced great work, while still being within our budget. They are super nice people, and really fun to spend the day with. But, getting down to business, their photos are amazing! The best part about them is that they really manage to capture the small moments of the day. My mom and aunts helping me get into my dress, my dad and I talking right before we walked down the aisle, my grandparents dancing - not to mention the photos of my husband and I, friends, and family are just awesome. I like them because they just take solid pictures, and do not overprocess them with photo retouching programs like many photographers we've seen. Let them do their thing, and I am sure you will be pleased with the results. Again, very professional - they put together some really awesome Save-the-Date cards and guest book for us, and very good at what they do. I have received nothing but compliments on our photos from friends and family, and I am very pleased that we made the choice we did to go with Josh and Jenny.

Sent on 11/27/2008

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2008

Josh and Jenny were amazing. All of their shots turned out great. They really captured the moment and are fun to work with.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Dina · Married on 07/19/2008

Josh & his wife Jenny are amazing!!!!
    Josh took the most amazing pictures of our wedding. I will cherish them forever. Family & friends are amazed at the quality & creativity of the photos. And working with those 2 was a joy. Jenny has the sweetest disposition of anyone I've met.
    And, Josh, well he's just cool!
    I can't wait to see our wedding book that Jenny is putting together for us & can't wait to do a family session with our boys soon. THEY ARE THE BEST IN TOWN!!!!!!
    check it out for yourselves http://joshsolarphoto.com/

Sent on 09/11/2008

Hilary · Married on 06/28/2008

We thoroughly enjoyed working with Josh and Jenny! They were very flexible and willing to travel to locations around the Lawrence and Kansas City area for our engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding day events. Always quick to respond to our emails and phone calls, they were also very receptive to blending our visions for our wedding photos with their artistic talent to provide photos that we will love for a long time. Our family and friends STILL rave about our wedding photos!

Sent on 10/24/2008

Catharine · Married on 05/25/2008

Josh and Jenny were amazing. The were so fun to hang out with on my wedding day, and their photographs were outstanding. The really captured the whole day so well. They were also a joy to work before and after the wedding, very flexible and understanding and patient! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/24/2008

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2007

Josh and Jenny were FANTASTIC to work with. They captured our day better than we could have imagined.

Sent on 07/08/2009

Kate · Married on 12/16/2007

Josh and Jenny are incredible. They were absolutely flexible with location ideas, angles, input from the bride and groom, came up with great poses and worked fantastically well with unresponsive photography subjects (like my groom!). Do they even have a down side? Heck no! Smiles, kid stories, laughter, squeeky toys (to get the photo-shy groom to even look at the camera), all made a perfect and memorable engagement+bridal+wedding shots. Pick them!

Sent on 11/05/2008
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 05/05/2007

I absolutely loved the Solar's! They were with us the entire day from getting ready to ending the dance. They captured so many wonderful moments and details from our day. It went by so fast that I can't remember a lot of it until I take time to look at my pictures and can see how perfect the day was! I would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 10/27/2008

Leslie · Married on 04/14/2007

The Solars were our favorite vendor from our wedding. Not only did they take awesome pictures of our wedding day, they were happy to help with any other issues that came up! Jenny helped me remain calm and cool seconds before walking down the aisle. They have since become our family photographer-capturing all the important people in our lives.

Sent on 10/23/2008

Katie · Married on 01/27/2007

The Solars were my favorite wedding vendor. They are much more than a vendor - they are a partner in your wedding and provide excellent photos! I love my wedding photos and my husband and I really enjoyed working with Josh and Jenny. They are laid back, creative, and very professional. Worth every penny!

Sent on 10/23/2008

Kim · Married on 09/23/2006

Josh and Jenny were so fun and easy to work with! They provided quality photos at an affordable cost.

Sent on 11/03/2008