Skiff's cakes

Skiff's cakes

Simi Valley, CA
805.582.4082
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility
Grace & Cesar
04/18/2015

I do like frosting...he loves it..but even more important than that - we BOTH HATE FONDANT....so when we found this beautiful bakery that specialized in buttercream cakes (his favorite of all frostings) it was love at first taste. The true test though? My Maid of Honor pretty much hates all cake, the density, weight and at times over sweetness. We took her to the cake tasting since we felt that she would make a good cake judge esp. since hubbie and I can (and will) eat anything and everything. The verdict? SHE NOW LOVES CAKE. Well, Skiff's at least. All the flavors are ON POINT! But for a wedding, I honestly think their champagne icing is A MUST. There is nothing quite like it. They fulfilled our wedding cake dreams. We did a 3 tier, 3 flavored cake...soooo delicious...once people had their first slice and found out there were more flavors, they started asking for more. The decorations were EXACTLY to our specifications and they collab-ed so perfectly with our florist for a fresh, natural and rustic look. I went into the shop about 2 different times to talk cake and drop off some decor (i.e., a topper I specially ordered) and each time I HAD to cheat on my bride diet and snag some goodies. Honestly one of the best dessert spots. I don't like cupcakes but I can eat like 5 of theirs...well more like devour/inhale. Their flavors are so wonderful. The staff are sweet. It's family owned and that love will show in the design, fine work and amazing flavor.

Mardee
03/21/2015

Our cake was not only beautiful but it was DELICIOUS!! We ordered the yellow cake with cream cheese filling and butter cream frosting and our guests could not get over how tasty it was. Steve and his wife are great. I will definitely be ordering more cakes from them in the future.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Skiff's cakes is just amazing. Steve is so friendly and helpful as you taste all of the awesome flavors. The cake is moist, yummy, and flavorful. I ate way more cake than a bride has any business doing, but it was worth every bite. We got so many compliments on it, too. My mother-in-law is quite the baker herself, and she raved about the cake...even though she is often hard to impress when it comes to baked goods! My dad, who hardly eats sweets, was extremely impressed and certainly devoured his fair share.

The cake looked beautiful, too. Steve informed us that they transport it with the utmost care, rigged right into their refrigerated van, and it showed. Not a single blemish on it! I've been at weddings where the cake melts or deflates slightly, but not this one...it stayed fresh all night long. Just perfect!

4.7

Let me preface this by saying I grew up in a household where my mom was a caterer and had her own cake business. I was spoiled and am fairly picky with my cakes.

We ordered our cake from Skiff's and I must say I was pretty happy with the end result. The cake tasted even better than it did at our tasting. We got the yellow cake, and one tier had it with fudge filling + strawberry puree, one had yellow cake with bavarian cream and strawberry puree, and we had one with chocolate cake and champagne filling. All were delicious. The buttercream frosting is good and not too overwhelming. The design was pretty and what we had requested. I would recommend Skiff's to my friends looking for a cake for any occasion.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake here is moist and tasty. They delivered on everything we requested & they have a super cute tree design cake. The only thing I wasn't super fond of was the red velvet cake. We ordered 4 different flavors of cakes, I LOVE red velvet but unfortunately I wasn't fond of it, too much frosting. Other than that all the other flavors were great and everyone enjoyed the cake. We barely had any left.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I worked both with Steve and Wendy on my cake, cupcakes, and dessert bar items for my wedding. Everything was absolutely DELICIOUS! My desserts were literally gone in seconds and I have received so many compliments from all of my guests! Highly recommended for any and all events :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Without doubt, they make the best cake anywhere. Besides being a work of art, it was also delicious. Our guests raved about it.

C
06/21/2013

Beautiful and excellent flavored cake delivered on time exactly as my daughter and son-in-law wanted. Couldn't be happier. Highly recommend!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

All I have to say about Skiff's is that the cake tasted amazing and I go there all the time to buy cupcakes. The cake for the wedding served about 180 people and was very inexpensive for a wedding cake, especially since we had some intricate details added to it. I also bought the same cake from the wedding for my wife's birthday next week, it tasted that amazing.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I am so happy that I chose Skiff's Cakes for my wedding cake. It was delicious and beautiful. My cake was a three tiered cake and I was able to choose different flavors for the various tiers. I had no problems with the delivery and would highly recommend them.

Skiff's rules!

I dont have much to compare them to since I've never bought a cake from a baker before, but Skiff's was terrific the whole way through. The biggest thing I can say about them is that they are one of the only places that still offers regular iced cakes, instead of the fondant, which we didn't want. They can practically do anything with icing, too.

We choose a fairly basic style of 3 round tiers with a sort of stucco icing design, but the cool part was that they did an ombre effect on it, which my husband LOVED.

The price was pretty average for what I was finding, but it was the easiest part of the wedding! They delivered it on time, with no issues, and it was SOOOOOOO GOOD!! Their cakes are absolutely amazing and ours was no different.

Anonymous
2+ years ago
3.9

Very expensive. If the cake is important to you, it's money well spent. If not, well... You might want to try somewhere else.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

When I got engaged, before I knew ANYTHING about my wedding, I already knew that we were going to have a Skiff's cake at the reception! They make the best cakes around!! They have a great selection of flavors to choose from and the decorating is top notch. I brought my ideas to the table and they did a fantastic job of bringing it to life. All of my guests loved the cake - there weren't any left overs except for the top tier which is happily sitting in my freezer until January 5, 2014 :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I absolutely loved my wedding cake from Skiff's!! They had the exact design I had wanted and the cake was FABULOUS!! My husband loved their red velvet, and I got to get the white cake with rasberry filling!!

We were able to save the top layer (which my mom wrapped all up for us and put in the freezer) so hopefully it will be just as good, lol!! If not, they said they would recreate our top layer for us for our 1 year anniversary! We may do both, but I'm sure it'll still be awesome!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Steve and his wife are wonderful to work with! Our cake turned out beautifully and it was so delicious! I highly recommend Skiff's!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Steve from Skiffs cakes was an absolute pleasure to work with. The cake turned out better then I could imagine. They were also able to match the cake colors to our wedding colors perfectly, all they needed was a small color sample. The cakes tasted batter then any cake I had had before. They are very professional with delivery and set up and always ensure your satisfaction.