Shaw Video Productions Reviews

37 | Richmondville, NY

37 Reviews for Shaw Video Productions

Ciera · Married on 09/29/2017

The best thing I did was hire a videographer and I am beyond happy with Dennis. I did not meet him until the actual wedding day due to distance but he came exactly on time and got right into shooting the day. He was great at getting all the important moments and got all the shots I wanted. He was amazing and great and got along with all the guests. I received the videos within 3 weeks of the wedding and they could not have been more perfect! I am so happy I can relive this day over and over again. Dennis was amazing and is super talented I would recommend him to everyone!

• User7627924 · 1+ year ago

Dennis was great to work with and very responsive leading up to our wedding day. He really put together a wonderful video for us to remember our day- The quality of the video and the editing was great. He was unobtrusive throughout the ceremony and reception, but still captured the important aspects of the day beautifully. Definitely recommend Dennis!

• Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 12/03/2016

Dennis was amazing and his price was right! We got our short clip wedding video back within days and had our full video back within weeks! It was amazing and something we will cherish forever! We are very happy we decided to do a video and so glad we went with Shaw Video!

Alyssa · Married on 05/28/2016

Absolutely amazing! Dennis was so wonderful to work with and our video is incredible!

Kristin · Married on 03/12/2016

After watching my brother's wedding video, my fiance and I knew that we had to try to get Dennis Shaw from Shaw Video Productions to video our wedding as well! Dennis agreed to come "downstate" to us in Rye, NY, and did an AMAZING job. He is so easy to get along with, and his documentary style is unobtrusive and means that everyone looks natural in the videos. The highlights video is PERFECT for showing people without making them relive the entire wedding, and is so easy to share (just email the link!). We got our videos about three weeks after our wedding (so fast!). We love our video and highlights - thank you so much Dennis!

ashley · Married on 10/30/2015

Dennis was the absolute best! He came highly recommended to us from family friends. Dennis listened to exactly what we wanted and he captured our day perfectly. It is so awesome that we can relive our wedding over and over again. My husband unsure about having a videographer but after watching our video he said it was the best decision we made! We laughed and cried and just enjoyed it so much! I would recommend Dennis, he is the nicest guy and did such an amazing job capturing our day!

Desiree · Married on 10/17/2015

After struggling to find a good videographer for a few weeks, our DJ recommended that we call Dennis Shaw. I'm not sure how we missed him in our search, but I'm so glad our DJ gave us his name. In one phone conversation, he answered all the questions that we had and gave us a very clear and defined list of items we could expect if we hired him. At the end of the call, we mailed him a deposit. In the weeks before the wedding, Dennis was quick to respond to our emails about scheduling and logistics. On our wedding day, Dennis arrived on time and filmed non-stop until the end of reception. He is friendly, responsive, and incredibly talented! He captured the magic we felt on our wedding day, and we are so grateful. He exceeded our expectations on every detail - for instance, he was able to get our full video back to us weeks ahead of schedule. On top of that, we didn't request any songs in particular for our video, but he happened to choose a song my late grandfather used to sing all the time. I still can't get over that! We have been telling everyone we know about his great work. As a matter of fact, after seeing our video, my new sister-in-law hired Dennis to film her wedding in March!

Lindsay · Married on 09/26/2015

Dennis was amazing!! He spend the whole day with us and captured our special day! He's started taking video of the ladies getting ready and caught so much candid footage of happiness! After leaving the girls, Dennis went to the church to take landscape shots and pictures of the groomsmen.
    Dennis recorded the whole day and put together an amazing edited copy of our wedding. He created a beautiful trailer of the day to our wedding song. Thank you soooo much for documenting our day filled with lifelong memories.

Meg · Married on 09/18/2015

Dennis was a brilliant, last minute find. We weren't going to have a videographer but changed our mind 6 weeks before the wedding - yikes! Not only was he available, he was exactly what we were looking for. We simply wanted a recording of the event - with actual audio of all the vows, toasts, first dance, etc. So many other videographers I was researching were ridiculously priced - over $2500 for 4 hours of video taking and you only get a 10 minute edited clip set to music?! And for an extra $500 they'll set the video clip to your first dance song. Oh, and did you know that 1 of those 4 hours is spent on them setting up?! Huh? Since when do you pay someone to set up?! Dennis was nothing like that! He took video of the entire event and edited it to an hour and a half video that included actual audio of the vows, toasts, etc. isn't that the point of having your wedding video taped? He also provided a 3 minute clip, set to our first dance song, that we could email to all our friends and family to memorialize the day. He was unobtrusive - he didn't have his camera in anyone's face asking for special words for the happy couple or any other cheesy thing. He was perfect and I highly recommend him for anyone who wants a true rendering of the events of their special day.

Meg · Married on 09/18/2015

Maureen · Married on 08/15/2015

Dennis was the easiest vendor we worked with (and everyone was pretty easy so that's saying something). He was so quick with his responses to us. He made us feel at ease when planning the day with him. I'm very camera shy and Dennis made me feel like there wasn't a camera on me the whole day. He got so many fun and adorable shots of my friends and family before and during the ceremony. I didn't even notice him during the reception, he was ninja-like. The video was so great! It really captured our day. So happy we went with Dennis!

Ed · Married on 08/08/2015

outstanding work... Dennis worked both of my kids weddings and did a tremendous job capturing these most enduring memories.

very easy to work with -- also did a montage for us with the pics of the kids growing up...

Amy · Married on 07/18/2015

Dennis Shaw of Shaw Video Productions was the videographer for our wedding on July 18th 2015. Dennis also was the videographer for 2 of my siblings weddings which is how I connected with him. Dennis was amazing to work with! He is extremely easy going and super friendly! It was amazing having him at our wedding, videoing everything and capturing all of those special moments. He is professional and works really well with kids. The music video that he created of our wedding song is by far my most favorite thing to watch to recapture the magic and love from our wedding day. It is truly amazing that he was able to create this video and not only have the key elements from our wedding but to be able to include those special smiles or kisses that just give you that butterfly feeling while watching it! I was blown away at how amazing our full video is as well! I've shown it to family and friends and I always get the same responses of how amazing and touching and special our wedding video is! Dennis was a key part to our wedding and I can't thank him enough for everything that he did and for all the work that he put into our video! I recommend Shaw video productions not only for weddings but for any event that you wish to capture on video!

It was a terrific decision to have Dennis document our wedding. We love our video! Highly recommend!!!

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2015

Dennis was amazing. The day of I didn't even know he was there half the time. Watching the video I can't believe how many awesome moments he captured for us. It's the perfect video for our perfect day.

Lydia · Married on 12/31/2014

Hiring a videographer was one thing my husband and I almost skipped to cut down on our wedding budget. What a mistake that would have been! We could not have been happier with Dennis and the beautiful footage he captured from our big day. He caught the most important moments, and the little ones that we may have missed or not remembered. He was never intrusive, but present and attentive. Thank you for your amazing work that we will always treasure!

Lisa · Married on 09/28/2014

Dennis was incredibly professional. I told him I wanted a video that spoke to the heart. He captured every heart felt moment and every smile perfectly and has a way of putting it all together that ..... no matter how many times you watch the video.... allows you to relive a fairy tale. Thank you Dennis. You are truly awesome!!

Vanessa · Married on 08/31/2014

Dennis was extremely professional and captured everything perfectly. Pre-wedding, he was very responsive to any of my questions and he also checked-in periodically to confirm time/date/venue. I can't stop watching my wedding video. All our special moments together were captured, plus happenings with family & guests, some of which I didn't even realize until seeing the video. I wouldn't change a thing about the video and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. His rates are extremely fair, and you will get superb service, great quality videos, and a generous amount of videos to keep as well. I would highly recommend him!

Erika · Married on 08/30/2014

I am very sad that my wedding day is over, but I always find myself watching the beautiful video that Dennis Shaw produced. The quality is great and all of the special moments were captured. Dennis and his assistant were very polite and never obtrusive. Before I chose a videographer, I researched several vendors by watching video clips of their work. When my husband and I viewed clips from Shaw Video Productions, we both knew the price and quality was what we wanted. We were not disappointed. Thank you Dennis for a beautiful video that we will be watching for years to come!

Erika and Scott

Ashleigh · Married on 07/26/2014

Dennis was wonderful to work with. His price is much more reasonable than most, but his service and product is just as wonderful was the higher priced videographers. The day of the wedding we didn't even know he was there, he just blended in with the scene. I would highly recommend Dennis. We know get to relive our wedding day as often as we want.

Kathleen · Married on 06/21/2014

The video is a work of art. We received the finished product quickly. The bride and groom were thrilled and delighted to be able to re-live the event and see some of the details they missed during the flurry of the day.

Erica · Married on 05/30/2014

We were so pleased with our wedding video! Dennis Shaw was a pleasure to work with the entire day and our guests only had wonderful things to say about him. Everyone who has watched the video has loved it! He captured all of the important parts of our day and much, much more. My husband and I have watched the video a couple times and notice new, funny moments each time. Our wedding went until well after midnight and Dennis stayed until the very end. He also mailed us our DVDs in only a couple weeks!

Jillian · Married on 03/22/2014

Dennis was absolutely fabulous.. he was so incredibly easy to work with and produced a wedding video that brought tears to our eyes. at first we weren't planning to hire a videographer but after hearing from many people that we should, I began my search. I was looking for someone to video our ceremony and reception without being overbearing.. Dennis was the PERFECT pick. He got great footage (some things that our photographers even missed) and got our videos to us very shortly after our big day. I highly recommend Dennis Shaw Videography for your big day.. You won't regret it and you'll without a doubt have tears in your eyes every time you watch and relive your big day.

Jacalyn · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I are so grateful for the phenomenal job that Dennis Shaw did on the video of our very special day. He is a true artist and professional.

We were a little apprehensive to have a videography at our wedding because we already had a photographer and did not want videos and cameras in our faces and our guests faces as we had experienced at other weddings we had been to in the past. Dennis assured us that he was there to "capture the moments, not create them." He was so right. Although our photos came out wonderful, our video is something we will treasure forever. I don't even remember seeing Dennis there that much, but he not only captured all of the wonderful memories I remember, he captured so many other cherished moments that I had missed.

I highly recommend Dennis Shaw for any special event. Others have told me it took 6-8 months to get their wedding videos. Dennis sent us our video within 4-6 weeks after the wedding. He is wonderful.

Our one year Anniversary is coming up and we are most excited to sit together and watch the video to relive our special day.

Kylee · Married on 07/27/2013

We couldn't have been happier! We absolutely LOVED our video and working with Dennis. He was very professional and captured every moment of our wedding day. I would highly recommend Shaw Video Productions.