127 Reviews for Sean Marshall Lin Photography

One Event/Day (2)
Matted Prints (1)
Prints (1)
127 Sean Marshall Lin Photography Reviews

There are too many good things to say about Sean! He is an amazing photographer and we are so glad that we found him. We did a lot of research and took this part of our wedding prep very seriously because we think that photos are one of the best ways to remember a wedding. We had family judge photos by various photographers and unanimously we would all pick Sean’s photos as the best. Sean was totally professional from the minute we met him. He photographed our engagement photos and made us feel so comfortable and natural. He understood exactly the types of photos we did and did not feel good about taking. He is friendly and a true expert at his craft. The pictures are gorgeous and it is easy to see that we were relaxed and happy. He was so committed to getting beautiful pictures that we were the ones who had to say we were too tired for more. He loves what he does and you can tell from his work. At our wedding, he really wanted to make our big day special and our photos beautiful and unique. He was not intrusive during the important moments of our ceremony and reception and still captured beautiful images. Our photos are amazing and we will cherish them for a lifetime.

We would highly recommend him for any event and we will definitely be calling him to document the other big moments of our life together.

-Lauren W

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Stunning, unique, amazing quality photos from a genuinely easy going and fun photographer. From the first time we met Sean (and his lovely wife Sophia) for our engagement shoot we knew were in excellent hands. He didn't just mark the occasion, he captured our excitement, love, and laughter in ways we didn't expect because he clearly captures every couple differently. The actual wedding photos left us speechless with so many tiny moments throughout the day and the larger scenery and urban landscape setting of the day. 5 stars just isn't enough!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

Talented and personable Sean Marshall Lin and his lovely wife Sophia photographed our August 2016 wedding. When we first met with Sean, we appreciated his a la carte options, since so many other photographers build in/rope you into packages with options you may not even want! Sean's portfolio is impressive, and his style of documentary photography is exactly what we were looking for--we wanted our wedding photos to tell a story of the day, rather than having a majority of posed shots. Sean was not pushy, and he was communicative and so, so easy to work with. He arrived early the day of our wedding and braved some pretty treacherous August heat with no air conditioning for us. He and Sophia were quick to capture any photos we requested, but for the most part we let them take the lead and we were so pleased with the results! Sean really has an eye for capturing moments that we will treasure forever. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding photo collection, and the quality of the images is spectacular. I smile whenever I look at the pictures, and now our biggest challenge is how my husband and I will ever narrow down what images we want in our wedding album and displayed in our home! Sean was a fantastic choice for our wedding and we would 100% recommend him to anyone! Thank you Sean and Sophia for helping to make our wedding day a dream that we can relive through your images!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Sean was absolutely AMAZING! Words can't even describe how incredible our engagement and wedding photos are. Trusting someone to document every aspect of your wedding day is scary but we seriously could not have chosen a better photographer than Sean. He was so easy to work with and made us feel so comfortable. He captured our day so perfectly. We have gotten a TON of compliments on our pictures and even had friends who are married say they wished they had Sean as their photographer.

Profile Picture Katie, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I both enjoyed working with Sean and Sophia. We had our small, low budget, family only, wedding reception at my parent's home on a rainy day; and I had been worried that given the weather and humble settings, we might not end up with photos worth mentioning. We ended up with fantastic photos that held true to the artistic talent that I had fallen in love with when first researching photographers in the Philadelphia area. There were plenty of shots of the gathering as well as family portraits and more formal bride and groom portrait shots. We appreciated their knowledge in guiding us comfortably through various locations and scenes for the portrait shots. Guests also commented on their professional ability to know when to make themselves present throughout the day and know when to fade into the background.

Profile Picture User7270085, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean and Sophia are the best! We are so lucky to have found not only the most amazing photographers but truly awesome people as well. It's no wonder that after meeting them, you'll just know that you want to share one of your most important days with them. You can't go wrong with them!

Profile Picture Amy, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We can't even begin to express how amazing Sean and Sophia are. Not only are they super passionate about their work, they are also the friendliest people ever. They have such amazing ideas and creativity that our pictures came out absolutely beautiful (even though it rained on our wedding day)!

We did hire a day of coordinator and unfortunately, she wasn't as helpful as I wanted. However, me and my husband didn't even notice because Sean and Sophia stepped in and helped in any way they could. They seriously went above and beyond!

They are hands down the best vendor we booked and we will continue to use them whenever we can! We would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean and Sophia are an awesome team! I cant say enough good things about them and would definitely recommend them to anyone. Not only did they photograph our special day, they even went above and beyond to help out around the wedding outside of just taking photos. They're highly professional, friendly, and definitely know what they're doing.

Profile Picture Kevin, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean and Sophia made the perfect memory of our wedding. They were super easy and organized to work with. We met Sean once at the beginning of our wedding preparation and exchanged a few quick emails before the wedding, but we were 100% confident that we were in safe hands. On the wedding day, Sean and Sophia came to the hotel earlier than scheduled to get set up. It was pouring the entire day, so I decided to cancel the shooting outdoors. Sean was very creative and made a lot of great pictures in the hotel and at the wedding venue before the ceremony. They stayed until the very end of our reception to make sure they could catch the moments of the dance floor and sparkler exits. We had another reception in China three weeks after the wedding in Philly so I asked Sean to have a portfolio of pictures ready by then and he made it in time despite his busy schedule. We loved how all the pictures turned out and got so many compliments from family and friends. We grabbed brunch with Sean and Sophia last wkd and had a great afternoon together! All in all, we would highly recommend Sean and Sophia to anyone who is looking for the best photographer for your lifetime events! Four thumbs up from Frances and Wen!!!

Profile Picture Frances, 5/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I met with several photographers before meeting with Sean. After our meeting, I knew my search was over. Sean was detailed and accommodating, and from the photo’s he showed in his albums and the canvases he had displayed in his studio I was impressed. Sean was easy to communicate with and always responded to my questions/concerns within a timely manner. More importantly, he was such a pleasure to have around on my wedding day. Sean will pitch in and help where need be. I had a situation while getting dressed and he jumped right in to help me and my mother. He isn’t overwhelming and doesn’t try to control your day which was a huge plus in my book. He gives direction when needed but lets you live out your day and enjoy. Sean came on the party bus with us which was really cool and he captured fun pictures while in transit. My bridal party thought it was awesome that he came with us. His pictures portray the natural beauty that surrounds you on your special day. I couldn’t thank Sean enough after I seen all of my pictures. I was in love and received so many compliments.

Profile Picture Valarie, 4/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean and Sophia are absolutely amazing! They shot both our engagement and wedding photos and made us feel so comfortable during our shoot. Our photos look like they could be on the cover of a magazine, they are of such high quality! I wouldn't recommend anyone else but Sean to someone who is looking for a photographer. He captured every moment just perfectly. Every time I look at our pictures I feel the same emotions as if I am suddenly transported back to the exact moment in time. There are no words to describe how beautiful they came out. Sean is so accommodating and was wonderful to work with. He made sure that our wedding album was everything that we wanted (and more)! Having Sean as our photographer was one of the best decisions we have ever made.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

I came across Sean Marshall Lin through an online search, and was instantly obsessed with his work. Sean is not your typical run-of-the-mill wedding photographer. He is a seriously talented artist. My husband and I booked him before we even had our wedding venue. Not only is he really creative and just unbelievable at taking photos, but he is one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet. Both Sean and Sophia are the ultimate dream team. They captured every single moment of the day, and told our story in the most beautiful way. That sounds really cheesy, but I can’t find the words to describe just how impressive and special every single one of their photos were. They were just beyond anything we could have ever hoped for, and our expectations were REALLY high. Sean’s style is very distinct and it is what sets him apart from all the others. On the wedding day, him and Sophia made everyone feel so comfortable and were so respectful of the videographers, but weren’t shy in getting people/things out of the way for the perfect shot. He instantly knows what’s going to work, sets it up and I swear gets the perfect shot right away. Photographers who may not be as experienced take multiple shots of the same thing, but not Sean. They are soooo good at candid shots too! We opted for an unplugged wedding ceremony, which just goes to show you how much faith we had in Sean and Sophia to capture everything, and they did not disappoint! They may have cost a bit more than your typical wedding photographer, but it is 100% worth it. Your wedding day will fly by, and you will think that you forgot certain parts of the day, but looking back at the photos, you relive it all over again, and have these memories to cherish forever. Trust me, this is not something you want to skimp on for your wedding. It is quite possibly THE most important vendor of the day. If he isn't available on the day you want to get married, my suggestion is to find a new date! He's that good!

Profile Picture Melissa , 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Sean and Sophia are AmAzInG and have a great gift of capturing genuine moments in an artistic way. When I came across their portfolio online (this was 2 years before I had gotten engaged) I knew that if I was ever going to get married, I wanted them to capture it! We are so impressed with the photos from our wedding day and couldn't be more happier with our decision.

Profile Picture User6005825, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Sean and Sophia were the best vendors that we worked with for our wedding. My husband and I were lucky enough to have Sean for both our engagement shoot and our wedding day. We knew that we wanted Sean to photograph our wedding from the beginning since he had done a few of our friends' weddings and everyone raved about his work. He is very easy to work with, makes you feel at ease and guided us through the entire thing. His work is amazing and Sean has the ability to capture all the emotions and love during our wedding day! He has the eye to capture all the beautiful, precious moments and you never even notice him there. When we got our photos, we literally loved every single one of them and are having a hard time choosing which one we want to put in our wedding album. Sean and Sophia are the best and we give them the highest recommendation. Book them as soon as you can since they are highly sought after and hope they are available on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/22/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs

The first thing I did--before the venue, before the dress--was look into wedding photographers. It would be one of the few things that would last: after the wedding, I would have my memories (that fade), my husband, and the photos. I didn't want a videographer, so it was all up to the photos to remind me of all the details.

So, being the kind of person I am, I exhaustively researched a whole bunch of photographers. I made a spreadsheet. I took notes. I looked through thousands of photos and reviews. Finally, I emailed a few people. Of those, Sean was my first choice. And when he said he was available, I snapped him up!

Enough about me--onto Sean.

Sean is a consummate professional. He's not just a great wedding photographer--he's a great photographer and artist, period. His work is classic; these are photos I will look back on in 50 years and still think are beautiful. He is so, SO good at capturing emotion, and the essence of a person.

When we had our engagement shoot with him, Sean made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. He's not afraid to get on the ground to get a good shot. During the wedding, he melted into the background and I'm absolutely shocked that he got some of the shots that he did. He has a candid, photojournalistic style, but he also indulged my family in their desire for the typical family photos (which also came out great). I'm having such a difficult time picking which photos to print.

By the way, I had my wedding on 8/9, and received my USB of images today in the mail. That's 3 WEEKS. 3 weeks for almost a thousand photos! (Not to mention the preview photos and facebook album came a week sooner. I didn't consider speed that important since I figure great photos are worth waiting for, but DAMNNN)

Not only is Sean a great photographer, he is also an amazing person. Easygoing, funny, smart, and SO nice. I'm actually sad that I had to move to New York and thus can't get together with him for a burger.

Profile Picture Emily, 8/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My wife and I were BLOWN AWAY by how fantastic our photos came out!! We could not be happier!

Working with Sean was a breeze, he made us feel very comfortable right from the first meeting. On top of taking phenomenal photographs, he is incredibly friendly, easygoing and professional.

You can tell that he really enjoys capturing these special moments.

We just can't say enough how happy we were with Sean!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/28/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Sean and Sophia helped make our wedding one of the most magical experiences we could have ever asked for! After discovering his work online, we hired them both to join us in Mexico for the big day without ever having met them in person - their work is that good. As most brides know, the photographer is one of the most important vendors you contract when planning a wedding, so this was a bit scary at first but I'm so happy to say it was one of the best decisions we made! They were professional, kind, comforting and above all very talented. We were very lucky to get married in an exceptionally beautiful setting, and Sean and Sophia went above and beyond to grab us at every opportunity to take advantage of it. I'm typically not a huge fan of formal, posed photos so I was thrilled at how they were able to make the process fun and unique and delivered photos that captured the moments and emotions in such a beautiful, artistic way that goes beyond a typical wedding shot. I can't say enough good things about Sean and Sophia - if you are lucky enough to have them at your wedding, I can promise you that the photos will be stunning and you will enjoy the experience of working with them.

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Sean Marshall Lin! We live in another state than where we were married, and Sean Skyped with us ahead of time to plan the day's schedule, listen to our ideas, give us great advice, and answer all of our questions. He was also very responsive via email. On the day of the wedding, Sean was unbelievable. He arrived ahead of schedule and I don't think I saw him sit down once. He was fun, funny, energetic and efficient during the bridal party and family photos, putting everyone at ease. During the ceremony, he was able to capture all of the details and emotion while remaining discreet. He has a true creative eye, and his artistry and aesthetic sense can be seen in all of our photos. We received our preview photos about 3 weeks after the wedding and the rest of the photos about a week after that. I have received endless compliments about how our photos look like they are from a magazine, are the most beautiful wedding pictures anyone has ever seen, etc. If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is professional, dependable, creative and intelligent, then Sean is your man!

Profile Picture Stacey, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

We have booked Sean for our engagement session and for our wedding. I met with him in person, where he showed me his beautiful work. I have looked through his photos through the custom albums and the canvas prints. I was so shocked by the amazing quality! Even though his photos are absolutely STUNNING on his website, the computer screen doesn't do the photos its justice. They are absolutely breathtaking in person!!!!
The engagement session was so much fun! He made us feel so comfortable and guided us through the entire thing.
When it came to my wedding... oh boy! They have captured everything I have felt that day! I relive my day over and over again with these photos. And I like myself in every single photo! He was so candid, half of the time while looking at our photos we had no idea he was there! You will not regret booking him, he provides the BEST QUALITY service you can find. My bridesmaid loved him so much she has booked him for her wedding in 2016!!! Also, Sean works really fast and I got all my photos within weeks, while brides that have gotten married before me were still waiting for theirs!
And last but not least, Sean and Sophia are amazing people and great friends! Working with them was such a joy and I will absolutely recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Dana, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Before we even set a date, we checked with Sean to see when he was available! Sean had photographed my step-sister’s wedding 2 years earlier and when I got engaged I knew I wanted him as our wedding photographer as well. I was more concerned that he would be available, rather than where or when we would get married. I am a scrapbooker and needed amazing wedding pictures! They are better than I could have even imagined. 3 months later and I can't stop looking at them!! Sean was so easy to work with. He has an amazing eye and captured everything I wanted. Of course he took all of the traditional family pictures that we requested, but what he really captured was the emotion and memories of the day. We received a few preview photos shortly after the wedding and the rest were soon to follow! We have so many wonderful pictures to choose from, we are still working on narrowing the images down for our album. I highly recommend Sean to anyone looking for amazing wedding photos! He truly is the best!

Profile Picture Jodi, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean & Sophia were by far the best vendors we dealt with at our wedding! I cannot describe how happy we are that we chose them. Being that my husband is a wedding photographer himself it was very important for us to have the best and that is what we got with Sean & Sophia! They exceeded all of our expectations! We have gotten endless compliments on our engagement & wedding pictures... Loved the turn around time on the pictures as well! Can't say enough good things about them!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Sean was an awesome photographer. He took great pictures for both our wedding and engagement photos. He is very creative and does a lot of innovative things. He was also able to stay professional with a very difficult group of groomsmen that could not seem to sit still and follow direction. Even with all of that he pulled off some great pictures.

Profile Picture Nicholas, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We could not have asked for a better photographer. Sean photographed two of our friend's weddings and they're pictures were beautiful, that's why we chose him. We used Sean for both our engagement photos and for our wedding and for each one our pictures were and experiences were perfect. Sean is a true artist. He captures so much love and emotion in his photos. Although we couldn't be everywhere and with every person during our wedding, we felt that we were when we saw all of our photos. Sean is also just a great person and a joy to work with. He makes you feel very comfortable and certainly calmed a lot of my nerves during the hectic times of our big day!

Profile Picture User3355670, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Sean was the photographer for both our engagement photoshoot as well as for our wedding ceremony and reception. He was an absolute pleasure to work with for all our events!

For the engagement shoot, he drove up from Philly to New York City and walked around with us for hours taking photos. He kept the photoshoot very natural and low key the entire time, joking with us and never forcing poses. He even stayed later in the evening than originally anticipated to ensure we got all of our shots done!

For the wedding, he and his assistant were both incredibly professional in the background but fun at the same time. They did a great job catching all of the BEST action shots throughout the evening, as well as perfectly capturing the beauty of the venue and all of the hardwork that was put into making the event special. Though he prefers more natural photos (they are the best!), he was still willing to take as many set photos of our families and groups of friends as we wanted. And of course, once again, Sean stayed later than originally planned to ensure all the highlights of the evening were snapped. He is incredibly talented, a great guy all round, and a perfect professional.

Sean was a fantastic photographer; my husband and I would recommend him a million times over to anyone.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Here's the deal: you want this guy as your photographer. Period.

We first met Sean when he was the photographer for my sister's wedding in 2011. Their pictures were stunning (of course) and so it was a no-brainer to ask him to be our photographer for our wedding day.

Sean's ability to find the picture you always dreamed you would have on your wedding day is mind-blowing. Eric and I were comfortable with everything Sean asked us to do and we were beyond confident he would capture the moments we would want to remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you will never be enough for all that Sean did!

Profile Picture Kacey, 8/16/14, 6 Reviews