SamShots Photo & Video Reviews

55 Reviews for SamShots Photo & Video

• Hannah

Hannah Naz · Getting married on 03/07/2021

Absolutely amazing team

I have heard, that many people hire Rays Photography, because of their photography skills. I am so glad I chose Samshots. Unlike Rays, their communication skills are amazing. They ACTUALLY care about their clients, instead of focused on making money and being arrogant about their work. Their photos are very professional, yet very natural, which still amazes me till this day. Customer service is very important to me, and they definitely exceed expectations. You will NOT regret them!!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Lilit

Lilit Hakobyan · Married on 04/18/2020

Exceptional and perfect

We had the greatest pleasure of working with Sam and his team for our engagement and small wedding ceremony and reception this June. Sam was exceptional- he and his team were able to capture our day exactly as we had envisioned. We received our engagement and wedding pictures within days of the shoot, the pictures were beautiful and perfect in every way. When we changed our wedding from a huge ballroom reception to a small and intimate outdoor family wedding because of the coronavirus, Sam accommodated us in every way. He and his team were very professional, and took every precaution during this pandemic to ensure that our guests felt safe and comfortable (including wearing masks and washing hands). The pictures were magazine-worthy and breathtaking, and we can’t wait to share them for generations to come. We will definitely be reaching out to Sam to capture our major milestones and life events for years to come.

Sent on 06/06/2020
  • Treva

Treva · Married on 09/14/2019

Outstanding

SAM and his team are AMAZING! They made us feel and look like movie stars. Our pictures and video will be cherished forever for not only us but our children. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Hailey · Married on 08/02/2019

Great quality

I was very excited to sign with samshots! Their quality of work looks amazing and can't wait to get my pictures!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Henna · Married on 07/27/2019

Phenomenal

I knew the people from Samshots were amazing, but I didn’t expect my pictures to be magazine-level amazing!!! They did an amazing job at capturing details, along with making sure it doesn’t look photoshopped at all! Worth the 2 month wait, in order to receive the pictures! Seriously, just look at the attached photos!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Parima Gh · Married on 07/09/2019

Five Star Rating!

Samshots photogtaphy will give you the experience you’re looking for! Sam and his associates try their best to make this process as enjoyable as possible for their clients. They’re all creative, easy to talk to, flexible and most importantly, fun to be around! To say that planning a wedding is no easy task, is simply an understatement, but Samshots is committed to make this process as easy as possible. These people sure deserve a 5/5 rating!

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Sharon

Sharon Fountain · Married on 06/14/2019

Very Pleased

We initially chose SamShots because of their great Web ratings. After visiting their office and talking with them about our needs, we chose to use them to take still photographs and video of our anniversary party. We couldn't be more pleased and would not hesitate to use them again for another event.

Sent on 08/09/2019

SamShots Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you so much! It was such an honor to capture Glen and yourself as you celebrated your 50th wedding anniversary!

Reza V · Married on 01/01/2019

Fantastic Honest Covid Friendly !!!

Sam was such an amazing videographer who left such an amazing impression on us as a person and a professional. First off, he was very COVID friendly, wearing a mask the whole time and being very respectful of social distance rules and what not.

He was prompt, polite, professional, friendly and extremely nice. He was so nice and kind to our guest and especially our family who loved him.

The videos he made for us were extremely beautiful and well done which we will cherish for the rest of our lives. He spent so much time with us to make sure was to our satisfaction and it was. The process could not have gone smoother.

I cannot recommend Sam and his team enough and he will be the only person I call for any event I need a videographer.

Sent on 08/08/2020

Dan Listrani · Married on 12/31/2018

True Professionals!!

Samshots was incredible! They captured every moment of our wedding and were extremely detailed. Very professional, easy to work with, and provide a top notch product. True professionals who we will use the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 03/11/2019
  • Darya

Darya makki · Married on 11/10/2018

The BEST photo/video team

I cannot say enough good things about Sam & his team! From our engagement shoot to our wedding, I couldn't be more pleased with, not only the photos, but the customer service. The team is so patient, easy, & fun to work with, I could spend the whole day taking pictures with them!
    I booked Samshots well in advance (make sure you do, because they get busy!!!), but I never felt as if they had forgotten about my wedding. I was always updated on things I had to do the day of the wedding, helped with my wedding day timeline, and was always accommodated when it came to rescheduling. 100% I would recommend Samshots, and will use them for any upcoming events/photography needs !!

Sent on 01/15/2019
  • Virginia

Virginia · Married on 09/22/2018

Best Decision EVER

Sammie and his team were without a doubt one of THE BEST decisions I made while planning my wedding. From the engagement shoot to our entire wedding day, he went above and beyond to get us the best shots possible. When I came to him while planning, I was nervous about the number of guests (300) I was having and how do we document everything. Sammie quickly put my nerves at rest assuring me that was a smaller wedding for him and he was used to large events. He then went beyond my expectations. He and his team truly captured what it was like on that day, all the fun and excitement all wrapped into a photo and video diary I forever want to keep reading. The amount of compliments we have received on our wedding video has not stopped and we are 5 months out from showing it. I truly can't thank them enough for giving me the greatest gift a bride can ask for: beautifully documented memories of the most special day in my heart.

Sent on 03/18/2019
  • F

Farrah · Married on 08/26/2018

Sam and his team were extremely easy to work with from the beginning to the end of the wedding process. In the initial meeting, Sam was forthright about the different choices and options for the wedding packages and helped select an option that worked for us. For the engagement shoot, they made what I expected to be a boring process fun and engaging. The results were outstanding! In the wedding, their professionalism really shined through and they delivered a very quality product - we got the picture and video package. Sam and his team are easy-going and accommodating, a wedding can be stressful and it was great to have professionals there. We are very happy with our choice and would absolutely recommend Sam and his team to any other couple.

Sent on 10/06/2018
  • Imen

Imen Bsn · Married on 08/17/2018

Every moment captured perfectly!

We are so happy to have hired Sam and his team to photograph and film our wedding, the pictures and videos are amazing, we could not have hoped for better results! Every time we look at them and show them to our family & friends, everyone gets so emotional, lots of laughs and teary eyes, definitely the kind of reaction you wish for when looking back at your wedding. Everyone is in awe of the results! Our wedding was a very happy event, with ecstatic guests and a constantly packed dancefloor and they captured the emotions of the day perfectly! The highlight video was edited exactly to our taste, which shows how much Sam and his team value their customers' vision and style.
    Their office space is really nice, the first time we met Sam and Taraneh they took the time to show us their portfolio and some of their highlight videos and we knew right away that we had found the right team for us! Kayla has been fantastic keeping in touch with us throughout the entire process. Even if we did not have a wedding planner, they took the time to advise us on our wedding timeline to make sure we would have time for all the pictures we wanted. We also had an engagement session with Sam and Taraneh, which prepared us really well for the wedding.
    The day of the wedding, the entire team was the absolute best, so polite, professional and patient with our guests. You do spend most of your wedding day with your photographer/videographer and Sam and his team had such an amazing positive energy, they were in complete sync with the happy atmosphere of our wedding. During the ceremony and reception, they were never intrusive or too "in our faces", to the point where we would sometimes wonder whether they captured certain parts of the event as we couldn't see them right next to us. But when we saw the pictures and videos, they were certainly capturing everything and we valued, even more, their ability to do so without being too intrusive and allowing us to enjoy our wedding day to the fullest.
    Today, we have so many amazing pictures that we are struggling to pick only some for our album, which is a great problem to have :)

Bottom line, you will not regret hiring SamShots for your wedding, we can't thank them enough to have done such an amazing job with ours!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Niki · Married on 07/08/2018

Words will never be enough to express our gratitude for the extraordinary scenes that the talented Samshots and his team captured on our wedding day. From the moment we met Sam and his team they created an environment of trust, respect, open communication and friendliness with my husband and I. They listened to how we had envisioned our day to be documented and they truly went above and beyond to create that for us. Just like any bride I was nervous and anxious about every aspect of my wedding day and especially how our photos and videos will turn out. The day that Sam and his team finally revealed their amazing work with us, I was speechless and and tears and once again reminded why I trusted them in first place. Thank you so very much Samshots...we will cherish our beautiful photos and electrifying highlight video for a lifetime and beyond.

Sent on 08/11/2018

Somayeh · Married on 06/29/2018

You spend so much to plan a wedding. But what will always stay for you after the wedding is your photos and video! That alone is a legit reason to choose SamShots! I hired SamShots as my engagement and wedding photographer and videographer, and up to this date, I am truly proud of my decision to go with them.
    My engagement portraits were taken in August 2017. Sam and Taraneh worked with us for hours under the heat in Georgetown and Bethesda to capture our memories and moments and showcase our love. Just to tell you how much I was thrilled with the results of their services, you should know that my engagement portraits have been covering my living room wall ever since.
    Our wedding was on June 29, 2018. Sam went beyond to make sure he has enough team members to capture every moment of our special day. Not only they delivered flawless results and professionalism, they also carried positive and fun attitude towards us, our loved ones, and our guests.
    Today, We have so much love, respect, and appreciation for them specially Sam and Taraneh, that we recognize them as our new friends rather than a vendor at our wedding. I only have one issue and that is where I'm going to hang my beautiful wedding portraits without taking down my engagement ones! ;)

Sent on 07/28/2018
  • W

Wilhelmina · Married on 05/26/2018

Sam and his team have been wonderful to my husband and I over the past three years. His team covered both our traditional and white weddings and they did an amazing job capturing the essence of our love. The crispness in their videos is unmatched and the quality in their service is incredible. Sam and his team paid attention to details my husband and I wanted to show in our highlights or documentaries and exceeded our expectations. Their administrators Kayla and Ashley were consistent in their communication with us. Never did we feel ignored or unheard. Doug, our videographer, did an amazing job capturing both of our special moments and managed to make us laugh throughout the day. We were so lucky to have had him. And Julia! Wow… she did a spectacular job providing us with an out of this world highlight. All our friends and family cannot stop raving about how amazing the highlight was. Literally everyone said they could feel the emotion seeping out of the highlight. What we love most about Sam and his entire team is their ability to listen. You can tell they are customer oriented and above all aim to achieve your vision. Please book Samshots Photography & Video, you will never regret it.

Sent on 08/23/2018

Tannaz · Married on 05/26/2018

Absolutely the best photographer in this area! I’ve been searching a lot to find the best one and I’m extremely happy with the result! They have captured the day perfectly and the pictures and the video is amazing. Samshots is my favorite! Thank you guys for you amazing job!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Sara · Married on 04/27/2018

What a beautiful memory they have left for us. So very glad I chose Samshots for our wedding. Sam Koushan and Taraneh made our engagement photo and video so very beautiful and memorable. One of the most fun days of our lives! They helped make us so comfortable and helped make a fun, beautiful day. My fiancé isn't a big fan of having his photo taken, but he also was so himself, laughing and making jokes, having a good time and helping me have a good time. And what beautiful photos they gave us, and what amazing video! The day of our wedding they were so on time for every part. They were an integral part of our big day. Every one was so happy. A little more expensive than what I had planned initially, but worth it. If you want to have an easy going, beautiful wedding day, plus beautiful engagement photo and video, Sam Koushan and his team, is highly recommended. :) It is like an investment that is very worth it.

Sent on 05/04/2018

Parvin · Married on 03/27/2018

My daughter would like to have her wedding photos and videos simple but elegant , so our planner ( Patrice ) introduced Sam . Sam was creative , responsive ,and patient with a lot of energy and positivity . His team were professional , delligant and kind , besides they always were smiling without any complain . Sam’s coordination with my daughter , her husband and me was amazing . I highly recommend him to everyone who wish a perfect job .

Sent on 05/08/2018
  • Y

Yas · Married on 11/11/2017

Words ABSOLUTLY can NOT describe how much I love and appreciate your work! Oh My GOD!! Ali was the photographer and his friend was the videographer. They did an amazing job!! They are very friendly, professional, kind, and absolutely know what they are doing. I highly highly recommend them to everyone. Every penny is worth spending and using their services. Every guest I talk to after the wedding is talking about how kind were these two guys and took care of all guests and family. I am so grateful and happy that Sam's Photography accepted my request to be at our wedding. It was a mix wedding and we had Persian, Pakistani and American guests and everyone enjoyed the night.It was an absolute pleasure to work with you guys. Lots and lots of loves.
    Cant wait for our next event with you all.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Sara · Married on 10/21/2017

It literally does not get better than SamShots. The SamShots crew made our wedding day unforgettable in many ways. Not only was the crew professional, diligent, hardworking, honest, friendly, and skilled, but they were genuinely fun to be around too. At one point I recall Sam saying "Hey, look over here" and there he was, literally in a bush ready to take our picture. If that isn't dedication I don't know what is. The SamShots photographers and videographers won over our hearts and the hearts of all of our friends and family.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Kelechi · Married on 06/24/2017

This was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Sam and his team were par excellence! We fell in love during our initial consultation. Sam took the time to show us his work. He was also open to getting our input on what we wanted. We had our engagement shoot with him and he made it fun fun fun!!! The pictures from the wedding were beautiful. He truly captured the day. The guests that couldn't attend the wedding felt they were there because of how well the day was captured. He is the best of the best. I highly recommend. His staff are also super helpful and patient. They walked this whole journey with us as a team and we will be forever grateful. We had a Nigerian wedding and he captured the essence of the tradition, the joy of the day and the preciousness of the moments. Thank you Samshots & Team!

Sent on 10/17/2017

SamShots Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, Kelechi! We're so glad that you had such a great time with us- we really enjoyed covering your wedding!
  • Z

Zeeba · Married on 06/03/2017

We were unsure at first if we even wanted a videographer for our wedding but after the initial meeting with Sam, I just knew that he would produce something truly special for us. Boy did he deliver and more. His staff was incredibly friendly and professional and made the entire process so fun for us. That is probably why our video completely exceeded expectation. I think I've watched our 7 minute highlight video hundreds of times on my own. The moments captured along with the songs mixed into it made it something unique that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. I would highly recommend Samshots to anyone because you can be assured that he will deliver something truly memorable.

Sent on 08/14/2017

SamShots Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you for the review, Zeeba! We are thrilled that your father talked you into video, and that you chose us to cover your big day! It was wonderful working with such a joyful bride.

Bahador · Married on 02/04/2017

Sam and his team are terrific. His eye for special shots was incredible and made a huge difference for our engagement and wedding photos/videos. He's also very funny and easy to work with! We can't recommend them enough! Thanks Sam!!

Sent on 02/17/2017

SamShots Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you Bahador for your heartfelt review! We made our best engagement video thanks to your natural chemistry as a couple! It was great working with you!
  • OG_MrsC

Jazmyn · Married on 09/10/2016

I fell in love with SamShots at a wedding expo, and I am so glad that I did! Sam and his team were a joy to work with. They were extremely patient with us and answered any questions that we had promptly. The day of the wedding they arrived early and with smiles on their faces. The team was very personable and made me feel very at ease. They managed to get shots of all of the big moments of our wedding day and we so happy with the way our photos came out!

Sent on 11/17/2016

SamShots Photo & Video's reply:

Thank you very much for the kind review, Jazmyn! It was an absolute pleasure working with such a creative and fun couple.