Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

33 Reviews for Ritualisms by Alina M. Hensley

Single Religion (1)
No Denomination (1)
Agnostic (1)
33 Ritualisms by Alina M. Hensley Reviews

We don’t even know where to begin describing our amazing experience with Ali, other than to say: Choose her to officiate your wedding! From the very first communication to after our wedding, Ali was incredible to work with and gave us the most beautiful, heartfelt, and intimate ceremony that was truly ours. My husband and I had a unique vision for our wedding: 10 people, but still a special and classic ceremony to remember. Ali made that happen. We laughed, we cried, we smiled non-stop. She incorporated our story in our words into the beginning of the ceremony, and then lead into a traditional script. We opted for a more religious message, and Ali delivered (though also offering a non-religious script as well, should you choose). Leading up to the ceremony, Ali was available and open to any comments or changes that we requested to the script, as she was truly interested in only one thing: providing us with a ceremony that reflected our story. Ali was very responsive. We met once before the wedding day for a meet-and-greet and then again at the rehearsal, where she took charge in directing people so that things ran smoothly for the big day. During the ceremony, Ali spoke loud and clear, addressed us directly, and was animated in her delivery. It’s been three weeks and I’m still getting compliments! Overall, Ali was an absolute pleasure to work with, and she gave us the most perfect ceremony—we would not have changed a thing. We highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Single Religion

We were happy to find Ali and work with her for our wedding. She did a great job providing the service that we asked for. We just wanted something simple, non-denominational but still meaningful and touching. She met with us and asked questions to each of us individually to get our back story. The result was a very sweet and personal service. One of our guests actually asked if she was a friend of ours because she seemed to know us so well.

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/26/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic

I cannot say enough about Ali! She was incredible to work with! Right off the bat it felt like I had known her for years. It was very important to my husband and I that our ceremony veered away from too much tradition and Ali was key! She even found a way to make our ceremony completely unique to us! EVERYONE who attended our wedding could not stop talking about the ceremony. Even our guests thought Ali had been in our lives for years. She captured our relationship so perfectly. It could not have been anymore personal. I love the keepsake she created so we can cherish those words forever. Do not hesitate to book her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alina was wonderful. She put together a perfect ceremony for my husband and I that was a great reflection of the two of us - one of the most personalized and unique ceremonies I've ever seen at a wedding. There was barely a dry eye in the house. She was great about meeting with us on Skype and in person to put everything together, and was super professional and gave us some great ideas. She's also very affordable for the amount of time and effort she put into our wedding. If you're looking for a creative ceremony that is a reflection of you, she's definitely the officiant to go with.

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/11/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alina was amazing! She was willing to book with little notice for a holiday wedding for my husband and I, and provided a beautiful ceremony that had all of our relatives (and us) in tears. We were looking for a completely non-religious hand fasting ceremony with meaning and Alina delivered. She shared her ideas for the ceremony which were okayed by my partner and I ahead of time and provided a wonderful, calming presence. Thank you so much Alina!
*note: cost was for a last minute holiday wedding, which we were more than willing to pay. Generally the cost is less.

Profile Picture Hannah, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Ali was so great to work with for our wedding ceremony! Both of us did not really have anything set in stone for what we imagined we wanted for our ceremony, but Ali took the time to get to know us and created the most perfect ceremony. Both moms were so happy that they got their readings included, and we had so many compliments on how sweet of a ceremony it was! She was also super awesome getting us all ready and pumped up minutes before show time. Definitely hire her because she is amazing!!

Profile Picture erica, 9/10/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

If you have any doubt in your mind about choosing Alina for your wedding officiant consider it squashed! She was amazing so look no further she is perfection! Her services are so heartfelt and sweet and you can tell just by talking to her she loves what she does. She is very quick to get back to you and has a sense of humor too which is refreshing. After the service was over she gave us a personalized booklet of of ceremony to have as a keepsake to look back on. I would 100% recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant... It's almost a shame I can't get married again to use her.... Just kidding.
5. stars!!!!!!

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina was a wonderful part of our ceremony, and we would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a fun, unique officiant. Alina took the time to meet with us personally to ask what sort of ceremony we were looking for. She was well versed in a number of traditions, and answered any questions we had on them. To write our ceremony, she had the two of us fill out a questionnaire together, so that she could really get to know what it was that made our relationship unique. We opted to include a hand-fasting as part of the ceremony, and Alina made a beautiful cord--probably the nicest we've seen. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Ali performed a beautiful blessing over our baby girl. She incorporated everything aspect we asked. I can't think of one thing I would have wanted differently.

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Alina married us in August of 2013. She was so easy to work with and willing to change everything as many times as we asked to make our ceremony perfect. In just a few meetings and many many emails, she got to know us so well that people asked us after our ceremony how we knew her. People had a hard time believing that she wasn't a friend of ours. The ceremony book is a great keepsake as well.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina was the perfect officiant for our wedding ceremony. My husband and I wanted a ceremony that was casual and personal for our outdoor wedding, with a personable officiant that worked with our personalities. Alina was a pleasure to work with. Alina worked with us during the months prior to the wedding to write the most personal and perfect ceremony we could have hoped for. We have had friends and family tell us that they actually learned more about us as individuals and as a couple from hearing all of the different parts of our ceremony. Countless people have told us it was one of the most romantic, beautiful, and unique wedding ceremonies they have ever seen. Alina was a huge part of making our day as wonderful as it was, and we couldn't be happier with our ceremony!!

Profile Picture Jess, 6/21/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

OMG Ali was amazing! She was incredibly professional and helpful in making our dream wedding become a reality. She helped us organize our readings and to make sure the ceremony (before AND after) went smoothly!

As for her role as officiant, she was an absolute delight. She wove our personal stories together to create a beautiful narrative of our engagement and relationship, and our future possibilities as a family.

We love Alina and could not have asked for a better person to make our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Doryen, 10/27/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina helped create an extremely personal ceremony script for our wedding. Her inspiration helped a frazzled bride find peace and reassurance in the words that would bring this couple together. I came to her at short notice, and she offered so much help. I wish I had had more opportunities to work with her because of how friendly and helpful she was.

Profile Picture Lorien, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant, Unique Services (Other)

Denise & Daniel, September 30, 2012, We are so happy we chose Alina as our wedding officiant. She made our special day even more special with her professionalism and warm personality. We are very pleased with the personalized pamphlets Ali hand-crafted for us. They will make wonderful keepsakes for many years to come!

Profile Picture Denise, 9/30/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

There are not enough good things I can say about my experience with Alina. My husband and I were married in Arlington, VT but, live in New Jersey. We didn’t have much luck finding anyone to perform a traditional hand fasting ceremony in the area that we really connected with. So one day after endless searching I found Ritualisms by Alina through weddingwire.com. It was very important that our ceremony be a hand fasting ceremony as we both are much more spiritual people, more familiar with Wiccan beliefs and traditions. I was a bit skeptical at first having to do everything over the phone and via email but, Alina was so wonderful throughout everything. All brides know how stressful planning can be but, Alina was always calm and professional. She made sure to incorporate all the details we wanted while also suggestion some great ones herself! Any time I had questions she was there with answers and reassurance. Even though Alina had to travel out of state she came for our rehearsal the day prior to the ceremony, which showed us great commitment. The day of the wedding she did an absolutely amazing job and our family and friends loved it. Even the super religious ones really thought it was beautiful and moving.. something very special. Thank you again xoxoxo

Profile Picture Monique, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina is amazing. After a 30 minute interview at a coffee house, she put together a ceremony that was absolutely perfect. Our ceremony was funny, cute, touching, and was exactly what we wanted. I didn't really have her change anything.
We had a handfasting as part of our ceremony and she braided the cutest cord in our wedding colors.
We got a color coordinated pamphlet with our wedding ceremony in it to keep for a memento.
I love this girl, and if I can think of anything else to need her for I will absolutely call her!!

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/26/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We can not say enough good things about Alina. She was exactly what we were looking for (respectful of all religions and non-religions). She met with us and got to know who we were even before we hired her. She was very good at working with us to make the ceremony completely unique to what we wanted. Even our guests thought she was a long time friend of ours, since she included so much detail about our relationship (that she gathered from our conversations and her questionnaire) and made it true to only us. Alina's a very talented public speaker as well. She spoke very clearly and emphasized the right information. She was also very good directing the entire wedding party during the rehearsal and ceremony, without being pushy as some officiants are. With all that she provided to us, it's hard to believe that she also had the most affordable rates. We couldn't be happier with our choice to have Alina marry us and would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Kim, 8/25/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Alina was absolutely amazing. She wrote the perfect ceremony to reflect exactly who we are and what we wanted. She was so eloquent in her writting and talented. Even the way she delivered the ceremony was amazing! We would definitely recommend Alina to anyone. You will be so so happy to have her, just as we are!!! :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

You probably don't even realize that this level of service exists yet! Alina will meet with you wherever and whenever you want and keep in touch by email and phone.

You can pick from templates or make up your whole ceremony yourself. She is completely supportive of doing things in alternative ways. She's full of ideas, but she lets you take the lead.

She can tactfully bring up issues you may not have thought of, and suggest ways to address them. She's a good person to ask about touchy issues like seating relatives who hate each other, talking down a mother in law, and gently breaking the news that your wedding is not as traditional as your traditional parents expect.

At your rehearsal, she is an expert cat-herder. Everybody knows exactly what they need to do and when, yet somehow she does all this while remaining warm and relaxed and funny.

She made our Ketubah and a keepsake program, and they are GORGEOUS. We are getting them both framed professionally.

Our wedding was touching and hilarious and it went off smoothly. A lot of the credit for all of that goes to Alina.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina was absolutely amazing from the moment we first made contact. She wrote the most lovely and perfect ceremony, to reflect exactly who we are as a couple. There were many happy tears during the ceremony and so many people complimented us on what a moving ceremony it truly was. Alina is a poet and made our special day perfect! The booklet that she gave us to keep was so beautiful too!!!

Profile Picture User2631493, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

LOVE Alina! Shes amazing. I should have written this review sooner so everyone could see how awesome she is. Alina created the perfect ceremony for my husband and I. Guests at the wedding are still talking about it. Incorporating all the funny aspects of our relationship into beautiful words. And changing things a few days before the wedding without issue. Thank you so much Alina!

Profile Picture Hilary, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so happy to have Alina as our officiant. She did an amazing job and was very flexible! I know that nobody could have done a better job creating a ceremony to fit us both as well as Alina did. She answered so many of the questions we had and came up with ideas that we had never even thought of. So many people asked us how we came up with such an orginal ceremony and we just say we couldnt of done it without Alina. Getting to know Alina personally was great, she is so creative, smart and personable and it shows in her work. It was a GREAT overall experience and we are happy that Alina not only was the officiant for our wedding but became what we both now consider a great friend! Thank You Alina!! Scott & Steph

Profile Picture Stephanie , 8/4/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

After searching tirelessly for an officiant, we stumbled across Ritualisms. Alina was absolutely amazing. She took the time to get to know us on a more personal level. She also took into account everything we wanted, and from that she created a beautiful fully customized ceremony for us. She also made us a keepsake ceremony booklet that we will cherish forever! She was always cheerful and extremely professional. She makes you feel comfortable because she loves what she does! I HIGHLY recommend you to at least check her out, you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Kassi, 7/14/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Ali was amazing! She helped us to customize our ceremony exactly the way we wanted it. We had some technical difficulties with our PA system and she handled it smoothly and professionally. Ali takes the time to get to know you and to craft a ceremony that is personalized and meaningful. I would absolutely recommend her!

Profile Picture Crystal, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Alina is incredibly sweet. Within minutes of meeting her we knew we had found the right person to create and conduct our ceremony. We worked with Alina to create an amazing and personalized ceremony tailored to us. She worked with us and helped us express the deep love and connection we have for one another, and the final product was the most beautiful ceremony that brought tears to the eyes of many family members and friends. Alina is incredibly sweet, kind-hearted, and talented. We thank her for helping us to create something truly special that we will never forget.

Profile Picture User2566655, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews