Albany, Albany, NY 12208 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Deals 1

About From the Heart Ceremonies

Meet From the Heart Ceremonies Wedding Officiant Dianne Patterson. I'm passionate about weddings, and I accept only one-two weddings a month so I have plenty of time to write and edit a highly personalized ceremony for each couple. With extensive writing and public speaking experience, I craft and present ceremonies for memorable and stress-free experiences. Religious or non-religious, simple or intricate, I work with each couple to design the service that will bring them joy on their big day. I enjoy helping couples from all communities feel the beauty and serenity they deserve during their marriage ceremony. And, by scheduling just one wedding each weekend and only one to two weddings per month, I have the capacity and focus each couple deserves as I prepare for their wedding.

Here's what one couple wrote about the first draft of their ceremony: "We LOVE what you have written, the ceremony sounds SO beautiful and we can't wait to hear it in person. Thanks so much for putting so much time in!"

In my spare time, you'll likely find me at the dog park with my rescue dog, Taco.

From the Heart Ceremonies offers some prewritten ceremony sections to choose from, or work with Dianne for complete customization. With enthusiasm and patience, Dianne will help you through the entire process. The officiant services can be offered to civil union, non religious, single religion, interfaith, vow renewal and rehearsal ceremonies.

Follow From the Heart Ceremonies on

From the Heart Ceremonies 7
  • GregDS81188

Gregory Kwaczala · Married on 10/12/2019

The Ceremony Everyone Talked About

My husband and I know we chose the perfect officiant for our wedding. We know that because the day after our wedding people were still talking about how special our ceremony was, how amazing and touching Dianne Patterson’s remarks were, and how they could honestly say it was the best ceremony they had ever been to. Everyone kept saying, who did your wedding? We happily replied, From the Heart Ceremonies. From the start working with Dianne was easy. Probably the most important thing she did at the beginning was taking the time to get to know us as a couple, no doubt this information was instrumental to her as she wrote our ceremony. The process of getting to that final ceremony was very straightforward and she always clearly communicated what she needed from us. She took lead in all parts of the planning and made sure we had an accurate timeline that would get us to our big day. As part of that timeline she sent us a questionnaire that encouraged us to write about our relationship, and in the meantime, she also sent along resources for ways to make our ceremony special. That was something we requested because we were not sure exactly what we wanted to do for our ceremony, other than knowing we were not overly traditional. Through this process we learned about having a Ring Warming which we decided to do, and Dianne helped us setup. That became another special way our ceremony stood out and was due to Dianne’s recommendation. After we finished the questionnaires Dianne began writing our ceremony script and as she sent us drafts she always asked us for our thoughts and edits. It was clear that she wanted to ensure our ceremony matched our expectations. In addition, when we did struggle to decide on what language to use in the ceremony or how to logistically manage a particular part, she offered a balanced perspective-never pushing one right way to do things. Her experience as an officiant shone through these moments, as she talked through what other couples had done and what had worked well for them. Our final ceremony was both deeply touching and incredibly us. It spoke to each of us individually, about our love and our bright future ahead. This inspired my fiancé and I to write our own vows, and on cue she gave us amazing resources to help us. She even helped to wordsmith our vows to ensure they struck the same emotional balance. On the day of the rehearsal Dianne took time to explain the ceremony to our wedding party and did a wonderful job of physically laying out how the event would occur. Her leadership (and again, communication) made the whole process a breeze and we finished up within thirty-minutes. As I stated above, the actual ceremony was a dream. It was everything we could have ever wanted. Dianne is a great speaker with clarity and volume balanced with precision and care. In fact, we were so confident in her abilities that we were able to relax during the ceremony and take more of it in. If you are looking for a professional officiant who can make your ceremony the talk of your wedding, Dianne is that person. We cannot recommend her highly enough, From the Heart Ceremonies will make your day unforgettable.

Sent on 10/18/2019
    From the Heart Ceremonies 9
    From the Heart Ceremonies 10
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn Fitzgerald · Married on 09/20/2019

Dianne was truly amazing!

Dianne was a pleasure to work with throughout the ceremony planning process. We enjoyed meeting with her when we first reached out and she was very kind and easy to get along with. We were able to edit our ceremony throughout the entire process and she made it extremely personal. We received SO many compliments at our reception about our personal ceremony and everyone appreciated Dianne’s work. She spoke eloquently and made the entire process seamless. She is a true gem and we would hire her again if we could!

Sent on 10/13/2019

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 200.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? Yes
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 100.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Lutheran, Methodist, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? NY
  • What languages do you speak? English

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• From the Heart Ceremonies 1
    Early Love Birds

Receive a full 15% discount on your personalized wedding ceremony and rehearsal when booking your Early Love Birds ceremony at or before 2 p.m. on any Saturday.

• LaBoom Entertainment
    LaBoom Entertainment Wedding DJs

I have done music for MANY ceremonies. Dianne was one of the most eloquent and engaging officiants that I have seen.

• Lynne & Jim Photography
    Lynne & Jim Photography Wedding Photographers

The first thing you will notice about Dianne Patterson is her warm presence. This is something that you feel only when it is comes naturally to those that possess it. She will make you feel immediately at ease in the same way a good friend would. Dianne is a professional that truly enjoys her work and her heartfelt delivery will have your family and guests asking how long you have known her.

• Albany Albany, New York, 12208 See on map