LaBoom Entertainment

Plattsburgh, NY View map

$1,500 Most Popular Price

My name is Claude Sawyer. I am the owner and operator of LaBOOM Entertainment. I started my DJ career at WQKE in Plattsburgh back in 1998. I DJ'ed parties and other events in the SUNY Plattsburgh area. When I graduated from college I took a break from the DJ industry. Fast forward to 2006. When I was planning my own wedding, I spoke with many local DJ's and noticed a disturbing trend. Most (not all) of the DJ's I talked to seemed more interested in their own agenda than they were in MY wedding. I was warned that if I picked the music the wedding would be a disaster. One very prominent DJ told me "the minute you start picking the music, my guarantee of a good party goes out the window." I was treated like I had no idea what good music was. They assumed that they knew more than I did. I realize that the job of a DJ is to keep the party going and to ensure that everyone has a good time. I am also aware that certain songs have special meanings to certain people. To just exclude a client's requests would be a disservice. We finally found a DJ that would work with us and the wedding was a success. After my experience I realized it was time to get back to work. I wanted to create a DJ service that put the client first. You will NEVER see any advertisements for my company at your event. I am not there to advertise. I am there to provide entertainment for your guests. I provide a professional service with a professional presentation. The best advertisement I can offer is a great DJ performance. The majority of my wedding clients saw me at one of their friend's weddings. There is nothing more gratifying for me than to have a packed dance floor from the first song to the last.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1300

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1500

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

MC
Travel Expenses

What music genres do you specialize in?

Country
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Uplighting

Janelle R. Married on 07/03/2021

Great Choice!

We hired Claude (LaBoom Entertainment) for our wedding! We found Claude from family members who also had him at their wedding. From the start, we knew we made a great decision. Claude is very professional, but also easy to talk to and very responsive to calls, texts, emails etc. His services are affordable and he’s easy to work with. Claude is open to all requests and does a great job using the music he plays to set the tone for the event. We chose all of our main songs (first dance, father/daughter, mother/son, bridal party intro etc). and per our request we let him take the reigns on what to play throughout the evening, and he did not disappoint. Our goal at our wedding was to get everyone up dancing, and he did just that. We had people from ages 4-90 (literally) on the dance floor! To us, music was such a huge part of our special day, the best decision we could have made was to have Claude Sawyer with LaBoom Entertainment be our DJ! You should too!
  • Cassandra
    Cassandra S. Married on 09/12/2020

Claude is the best!!!

Claude is the best DJ around. We were in need of a DJ because of some last minute changes, and he came to the rescue. Not only is he extremely professional and reliable, but he has such an awesome personality and was so great to work with. Claude played the best music, and truly had a feel for our guests and what kind of songs they would like to hear. We had SO many compliments from our guests regarding our DJ, and we can't thank Claude enough for truly making our wedding awesome! Hire La Boom Entertainment for your wedding - you will NOT be disappointed!!!
  • F
    Freya D. Married on 08/08/2020

The perfect Wedding DJ

Was looking for a DJ to play for a backyard wedding in August. I asked around at work and Claude was highly recommended by a coworker. I reached out and set up a meeting, hesitant as I know DJ’s can make or break a wedding. I was comfortable almost immediately upon meeting him, he was so laid back, and clear as to what to expect from him for our wedding. My now husband and I never being married really appreciated the guidance/assistance planning our day. Then Covid hit and some things on our end had to change but our Dj never wavered, he even care 2 hours ahead of schedule to help with the sound for the ceremony. He couldn’t have been more accommodating and was always just a phone call or a text away. On the wedding day Claude was perfect, the music was perfect, everything we asked for happened and even the stuff we didn’t ask for he took care of. We made last minute changes on the spot and Claude took care of it all. He helped keep the day going, and the guests moving! He even made sure we weren’t working too hard on our day and Even took some of the most beautiful pictures which was so nice of him!! He was attentive to us and our guests, making sure we were hydrated, happy, and relaxed. Guests at our wedding were asking for contact information for their upcoming nuptials. He was great, happy, friendly, funny, and just chill. I would recommend him to anyone having any party or wedding and I’m so thankful my coworker steered me in the right direction.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Deals

LaBoom Entertainment 1
Discount
10% off of total event price with prepayment.

From the Heart Ceremonies From the Heart Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Claude is exactly the type of professional DJ I like to work with as a marriage officiant. He checked in with me the moment I arrived to collaborate. His music and timing for the ceremony were perfect, as were his selections in getting the party started. The couple said he came highly recommended, and it's clear that reputation is well deserved.

Jessica Painter Photography Jessica Painter Photography Wedding Photographers

Claude is great to work with. He is friendly and outgoing, which means he is easy to approach if you are a guest at a wedding. He's has great style and can read any crowd to make sure the music fits. He knows how to keep the party going and the dance floor packed.

Plattsburgh, NY, 12306
Location of (LaBoom Entertainment)

Other vendors in Burlington for your wedding