Schenectady, NY 12306 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9
  • Deals 1

About LaBoom Entertainment

My name is Claude Sawyer. I am the owner and operator of LaBOOM Entertainment. I started my DJ career at WQKE in Plattsburgh back in 1998. I DJ'ed parties and other events in the SUNY Plattsburgh area. When I graduated from college I took a break from the DJ industry. Fast forward to 2006. When I was planning my own wedding, I spoke with many local DJ's and noticed a disturbing trend. Most (not all) of the DJ's I talked to seemed more interested in their own agenda than they were in MY wedding. I was warned that if I picked the music the wedding would be a disaster. One very prominent DJ told me "the minute you start picking the music, my guarantee of a good party goes out the window." I was treated like I had no idea what good music was. They assumed that they knew more than I did. I realize that the job of a DJ is to keep the party going and to ensure that everyone has a good time. I am also aware that certain songs have special meanings to certain people. To just exclude a client's requests would be a disservice. We finally found a DJ that would work with us and the wedding was a success. After my experience I realized it was time to get back to work. I wanted to create a DJ service that put the client first. You will NEVER see any advertisements for my company at your event. I am not there to advertise. I am there to provide entertainment for your guests. I provide a professional service with a professional presentation. The best advertisement I can offer is a great DJ performance. The majority of my wedding clients saw me at one of their friend's weddings. There is nothing more gratifying for me than to have a packed dance floor from the first song to the last.

Follow LaBoom Entertainment on

cfceea9e09ba4bfa
LaBoom Entertainment
An example of my available "Dancefloor Monogram" seen here at Malozzi's Ballroom in Rotterdam, NY.
Couple dancing

LaBoom Entertainment 5
LaBoom Entertainment 6
LaBoom Entertainment 7

Scott Blankenbaker · Married on 07/31/2019

Excellent DJ for a perfect reception

DJ Claude did a fantastic job at our reception! He kept the dance floor packed through the entire time. We had a number of guests tell us this was the best reception they'd ever been to.

Highlights:
    - Highly professional, and keeps things moving without ever taking the spotlight himself
    - Must Play / Do Not Play list, but flexible night of if need be
    - Straightforward, low stress preparation for event. One meeting, one worksheet, and you're set.

I would recommend DJ Claude to anyone!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Katelyn · Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding ever

Where to begin? Claude was absolutely amazing. He totally knew our music styles and played great song after great song. We can’t emphasize enough how great he was. The dance floor stayed packed all night! We had so many compliments from our guests regarding the music. THANK YOU CLAUDE! Our wedding would not been what it was if it weren’t for you!

Sent on 07/21/2019
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Claude was amazing to work with! He was extremely accommodating to my husband and I’s needs he made sure everything we wanted was achieved. Claude even helped with our ceremony music providing us with great recommendations. He ensured that the dance floor was packed all night and everyone was enjoying the music. You can’t go wrong booking Claude he will make sure your wedding is perfect!

Sent on 08/23/2019

LaBoom Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,300.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• LaBoom Entertainment 1
    10% discount for paying in full up front
    10% off of total event price with prepayment.

• From the Heart Ceremonies
    From the Heart Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Claude is exactly the type of professional DJ I like to work with as a marriage officiant. He checked in with me the moment I arrived to collaborate. His music and timing for the ceremony were perfect, as were his selections in getting the party started. The couple said he came highly recommended, and it's clear that reputation is well deserved.

• Jessica Painter Photography
    Jessica Painter Photography Wedding Photographers

Claude is great to work with. He is friendly and outgoing, which means he is easy to approach if you are a guest at a wedding. He's has great style and can read any crowd to make sure the music fits. He knows how to keep the party going and the dance floor packed.

• Schenectady, 12306 See on map