Schenectady, NY 12306 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9
  • Deals 1

About LaBoom Entertainment

My name is Claude Sawyer. I am the owner and operator of LaBOOM Entertainment. I started my DJ career at WQKE in Plattsburgh back in 1998. I DJ'ed parties and other events in the SUNY Plattsburgh area. When I graduated from college I took a break from the DJ industry. Fast forward to 2006. When I was planning my own wedding, I spoke with many local DJ's and noticed a disturbing trend. Most (not all) of the DJ's I talked to seemed more interested in their own agenda than they were in MY wedding. I was warned that if I picked the music the wedding would be a disaster. One very prominent DJ told me "the minute you start picking the music, my guarantee of a good party goes out the window." I was treated like I had no idea what good music was. They assumed that they knew more than I did. I realize that the job of a DJ is to keep the party going and to ensure that everyone has a good time. I am also aware that certain songs have special meanings to certain people. To just exclude a client's requests would be a disservice. We finally found a DJ that would work with us and the wedding was a success. After my experience I realized it was time to get back to work. I wanted to create a DJ service that put the client first. You will NEVER see any advertisements for my company at your event. I am not there to advertise. I am there to provide entertainment for your guests. I provide a professional service with a professional presentation. The best advertisement I can offer is a great DJ performance. The majority of my wedding clients saw me at one of their friend's weddings. There is nothing more gratifying for me than to have a packed dance floor from the first song to the last.

Follow LaBoom Entertainment on

cfceea9e09ba4bfa
LaBoom Entertainment
An example of my available "Dancefloor Monogram" seen here at Malozzi's Ballroom in Rotterdam, NY.
Couple dancing

LaBoom Entertainment 7
  • Nancy

Nancy Billsborrow · Married on 05/11/2019

Outstanding, seriously perfect!

From the biggest concerns (backup equipment, mics & music for outside ceremony that transitioned indoors, floor lighting) to the smallest of details - Claude was spot on, and I mean absolutely perfect! Literally he never missed a cue and handled a couple of last minute curve balls we threw his way with ease. His organization and prep went beyond questions I’d even thought of (considering I’m a Project Mgr that’s significant lol) - everyone danced ALL night, it was so much fun. We’re forever grateful for his help in making this wedding a night we’ll never forget.

Sent on 05/14/2019
    LaBoom Entertainment 8
    LaBoom Entertainment 9
  • Amy

Amy C · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing DJ, so easy to work with!

Claude is such a fun DJ. He played the perfect mix of music for us and seriously kept our wedding bumping until the very end! I have never danced so much! We also had a lot of fun surprises in our wedding and reception and he was so easy to work with in coordinating all of that. He was able to keep everything straight and not ruin any of the surprises for my wife! The worksheet he provides helps to make things clear and keeps things organized. We are a same sex couple and felt completely comfortable with Claude.

I honestly cannot say enough great things about LaBoom Entertainment. I HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2019
    LaBoom Entertainment 14
    LaBoom Entertainment 15
    LaBoom Entertainment 16

Hanna · Married on 09/15/2018

Claude was truly a fantastic DJ! He read our crowd perfectly, and our guests were dancing the night away! He was always available for questions and meetings, and really dedicated himself to our wedding day. We loved the purple uplighting, as it added a nice touch to our venue. He was very flexible and responsive, and makes it a point to put the client before himself. He was very prompt and professional, and catered to all our additions we wanted to add besides music to the reception. Thanks so much Claude for the best night of our lives!

Sent on 09/19/2018

LaBoom Entertainment FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,300.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,500.00
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, One Event Per Day

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• LaBoom Entertainment 1
    10% discount for paying in full up front
    10% off of total event price with prepayment.

• From the Heart Ceremonies
    From the Heart Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Claude is exactly the type of professional DJ I like to work with as a marriage officiant. He checked in with me the moment I arrived to collaborate. His music and timing for the ceremony were perfect, as were his selections in getting the party started. The couple said he came highly recommended, and it's clear that reputation is well deserved.

• Jessica Painter Photography
    Jessica Painter Photography Wedding Photographers

Claude is great to work with. He is friendly and outgoing, which means he is easy to approach if you are a guest at a wedding. He's has great style and can read any crowd to make sure the music fits. He knows how to keep the party going and the dance floor packed.

• Schenectady, 12306 See on map