Jessica Painter Photography

Albany, NY View map
5.0 out of 5 rating

At a young age I found a passion for photography that eventually led me to build the business you see here. It also led me to my husband Ed (he's a photographer too!), and the start of something amazing. Our first meeting was to discuss photography and the idea of working together. We both had things to learn from each other and as our relationship grew, so did our photography and we both found a new creativity come alive.

On September 10, 2010 we celebrated our own wedding, one of the most amazing days of my life! We have three beautiful children; our daughter Charlotte, and twin boys Jackson and Connor. Our home is full of laughter, cries, barks and meows (the last two thanks to our two dogs and two cats). On most days it feels like a circus here, but we love every moment!

As your photographer, my passion is to capture all the love, excitement and laughter that will be the story of you and your day. My goal is to do this without having to be in the middle of everything.

Behind the camera you will find a friendly and outgoing personality with the ability to make everyone, including you, comfortable in front of the camera. I like to describe my style as artistic photojournalism, capturing moments when they are most real and most times without you even noticing I am there.

I love what I do. There is no other way to say it. There is nothing like seeing a deep connection between two people as they become husband and wife and being able to capture those emotions through the lens of the camera - freezing a moment that will create lasting memories to remind them of the love they share.

As an animal and portrait photographer, I have the same passion. Year after year I am asked to come back and capture the changes and growth in families. I love going back and creating a new story of images!

I have recently upgraded to Canon and now shoot with the Mirrorless technoligy. I continually strive for the best quality equipment. My gear will work in any conditions you might throw my way; please, challenge me! I am always looking for new locations to shoot - if you ask if I've been there and I say "no"; what I really mean is "No big deal; I can't wait to check it out!" It will make your experience with me even more unique.

I love creating stories. I want to tell your story, your way, with just a little twist of my own and a unique style you won't find anywhere else. I can't wait to work with you.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,975

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
High-Res Images
Multi. Locations
Albums
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
One Event / Day
Second Shooter
Toning
Trash The Dress

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Addyson L. Married on 10/19/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Personable, Experienced, and Organized!

Jessica Painter is your best friend in wedding photographer form. Truly. I don鈥檛 know another way to put it! She is truly amazing and worth every penny and more! Everything felt SO comfortable and natural- from the engagement shoot to our dinner meet up before the wedding and all leading up to the big day! She felt like a friend with a camera! We connected immediately via email when I was searching for a photographer and it only intensified at our e-shoot. This was important to me, since your photographer is typically there for ALL moments throughout your special day, big and small, intimate and communal. The relationship she built with us no doubt played a roll in the day鈥檚 success! Not only that, but she helped us develop a timeline that was custom to our wants, but also efficient and extensive to cover all of the details we wanted recorded. She pays close attention to detail, as well as gets to know you personally as well as what you want captured and how you want it captured. I cannot say enough good things about her. If you book her, you will NOT be disappointed. I haven鈥檛 even gotten my wedding photos back yet, but I know if they鈥檙e going to be anything like my e-shoot photos, they鈥檙e going to be out of this world! Thank you Jessica, and Amanda, for elegantly capturing our day for us! We couldn鈥檛 be more appreciative!
    Jessica L. Married on 09/13/2019

High Quality Photos with a Personal Touch

Working with Jessica and her assistant on the day of our wedding was fabulous. They were both professional and fun, making sure we got all the pictures that we wanted. The pictures are of high quality and definitely worth the cost to remember our special day. Jessica is AMAZING, she takes the time to get to know prior to your wedding day and checks in on you periodically throughout the process.
    Morgan Married on 09/07/2019

Best Decision!

There is so many great things to say about Jessica and her assistant. Jessica was so personable from the first time talking, all the way through the wedding. A few weeks before the wedding she scheduled a phone call to go over timeline and all the details with me. She made sure that everything we wanted captured was noted so I did not have to remember what photos I wanted which was a huge relief! She also asked about photos I did not think of which was great to have her insight for. (and her and her assistant love dogs, so they made sure to capture some great photos with my dogs on the wedding day!)

It ended up raining during some of the day but I knew Jessica was going to still get amazing shots and she did. Choosing someone to have the responsibility of capturing your day is stressful, but Jessica made it an easy decision. Having someone so professional, personable and talented was the best decision we could have made. Hire her!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

Jamie & Matt
34 photos 路 05/29/2021

Time Capsule Photo Booth Time Capsule Photo Booth Photo Booths

Jessica and Edward are an amazing photography team, and very detailed orientated! I love working with them!

Intuition Event Coordination & Floral Design Intuition Event Coordination & Floral Design Wedding Planners

Jessica and her husband and I worked at a wedding together at the Pruyn House in Latham NY. They were great to work with, extremely professional and very creative. They worked so well with the family and made sure to capture all of the important shots and all the impromptu shots as well. Jessica is very good at what she does and I hope to work with her and her husband very soon!

Lake Placid Club Lake Placid Club Country Club Weddings

Wonderful to work with the day of the wedding and incredibly responsive to any questions or requests.

Music Man Entertainment
Make Me Fabulous
4.9 out of 5 rating , 172 Reviews
路 Wedding Hair & Makeup

Albany, 12204
Location of (Jessica Painter Photography)

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding