Powerhouse Community Center Reviews

5 | Del Mar, CA

5 Reviews for Powerhouse Community Center

Leonard · Married on 10/11/2014

We worked a wedding at the Del Mar Powerhouse recently. Management was very pleasant and available throughout the wedding. They were also very accommodating. As a catering company, the layout is easy to work with. The ceremony was steps from the sand and the reception area is conveniently very close. The entire layout is very fluid and a breeze for wedding vendors. The wedding went without a single hiccup. We look forward to working many weddings here in the future and will recommend this venue to any of our clients looking for a beach venue.
    Leonard - We Cater San Diego

Sent on 10/25/2014

Heather · Married on 09/27/2014

This venue is absolutely beautiful nestled right up against the beach but very private. You can either have the ceremony on the patio overlooking the water or there is an option of having the ceremony in the park about 50 yards south of the venue which overlooks the water on the cliff side. It is a short walk back and forth. I chose the later having my ceremony in the park and it turned out perfectly. The staff was incredibly accommodating to my family and myself, allowing us multiple trips to see the venue before the wedding day to plan. They also open the doors to the venue at noon which gives plenty of time to get things organized. I would highly recommend using this facility for your wedding. There is not a ton of parking so you need to plan for that but it didn't create any problems on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/02/2014

julie · Married on 08/23/2014

The Powerhouse has a beautiful view. It was so helpful to have the wedding in the patio, cocktail hour on the upper deck and the dinner inside the community center. It has a place for it all. We had a photo booth upstairs while the couple took their photos the guests enjoyed the photo booth and the wonderful sunset. A must see- if you want to see the ocean and share it with your guests.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Griselda · Married on 06/10/2017

All of our guests were complimenting us on how gorgeous the venue was. It is perfect for weddings that are 70 or less although it can accommodate more.

Sent on 07/04/2017

Rebecca · Married on 05/31/2013

3.0

This venue is gorgeous, right against the beach. It is perfect for both ceremony outdoors, and the reception indoors. It was so beautiful that I really didn't need very many decorations at all. It was the perfect size for my crowd of 70, but fits up to 120. Everyone said it was the perfect place for a wedding!

There are several restrictions, you must take away all trash, no tossing petals or rice, or using sparklers. There is limited parking, or pay parking.

Sent on 06/18/2013