115 Reviews for Philadelphia Funk Authority

Ceremony (4)
Sample Music (2)
Liability Insurance (2)
115 Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

I could not ask for more from a wedding band!! The band set the tone for the night from the first moments. They played to the crowd incredibly well. We did not even bother giving any recommendations or making any requests because the music and the night flowed so smoothly. Almost everyone I've seen since the wedding has made a point to say the band made our wedding day! As an added bonus, they even surprised us by learning our songs for each of the first dances. I cannot thank this band enough for making our day so special!

Profile Picture Dennis, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Philadelphia Funk Authority did a FANTASTIC job! They were great to work with, flexible and provided EXACTLY what we requested. As the father of the groom, when we arrived at the reception the cocktail and dinner music was classy and elegant. Following dinner, when the dancing started, the dance floor was full from the first dance song to the last dance song. They are worth every penny! As one of our guests posted, "Just left the party of the century! Great food, great friends and wow, The Philadelphia Funk Authority, what a band!"

Profile Picture Steve, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you are fortunate enough to get the opportunity to book the Philadelphia Funk Authority, do NOT hesitate. Possibly one of the best decisions I made in wedding planning was booking the band and coordinating the ceremony & reception details with their manager, Gary. From jump street, the Philadelphia Funk Authority is nothing but helpful, informative, creative and reliable -- you can trust them not only to perform on the big day, but also to assist with planning & executing your dream wedding. On top of it all, the band was truly the most talented group of musicians you could ask for. My family and friends still talk about them, nearly every time we see them. The Philadelphia Funk Authority is a treasure to party with and a pleasure to work with, book them!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Entertainer
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Philly Funk is an amazing band to work with. The manager Gary was very easy to work with, knew all the ins and outs of the process and delivered exactly what was promised. The band was a major hit. Every guest we spoke with noted how awesome the band was and they were the highlight of reception. The first dance, father/daughter and mother/son dance songs were all played perfectly. MC for the night was perfect, announcements were clear and fun. Everything flowed smoothly. They coordinated with the staff for cake cutting and an anniversary dance. Overall, they were extremely organized and I was pretty hands off. I asked them to play songs that would get people on the dance floor, I didn’t pick out a list of songs in advance. It worked out perfectly. Vocals and music were so on point, the dancefloor was packed for every single song. The mix of new and old songs was perfect. We had a wonderful time and I would truly recommend you pick this band if you want to have an unforgettable reception and cocktail hour. You will not be disappointed. Everyone loved them, I cannot emphasize this enough!
Kayla & Jerry

Profile Picture Kayla, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

My husband and I could not be happier with the Philadelphia Funk Authority. We had heard several great things about the band even before we decided to book. Once, we were engaged, there was no hesitation at who we wanted for our wedding entertainment. My guests said nothing but amazing things and were on the dance floor the whole night! If you're looking to have people dancing all night, I would highly recommend the Philadelphia Funk Authority for any event.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

They were amazing and followed our schedule request with all our traditional Ukrainian additions. Awesome people to work with and their performance is beyond fantastic ! I would 100% hire them again!

Profile Picture Khristina, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Philadelphia Funk Authority absolutely crushed it at our wedding and my husband and I could not be happier with our decision to hire them!

From the time our wedding reception started, our guests were buzzing about the music - the band set just the right tone for the cocktail hour with a jazz duo, did an amazing job with our first dance, provided beautiful accompaniment for our father/daughter and mother/son dances, and had the dance floor packed from the first song through last call. In addition, Gary and the band leader were wonderful in working with my dad, who sang a song for us to help start the celebration and went above and beyond in helping us to compile the perfect set list of songs.

If you are looking for a professional, experienced, and high-quality band for your special day, you needn't look further than Philadelphia Funk Authority.

Profile Picture Erin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals

The Philly Funk Authority was an awesome band and made our wedding so fantastic! They traveled to Maryland for our wedding and it was worth it. We did not stop dancing the whole night and all of our guests commented on how great the band was! Some of the guests have even gone to see the band at other gigs - that's how much they enjoyed them!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Philadelphia Funk Authority made our wedding incredible! We wanted a party band that would keep everyone on the dance floor from the second they walked in the room and that's what they brought! Their website lists their repertoire and available songs to choose from...it is endless! With every style of music. We went with pop, rock and funk and we had every generation on the dance floor for every song! I was able to select songs off their website as well as 2 songs they were willing to learn and play. Without being asked, they even specifically announced when they were about to play our favorite song so my husband and I could find each other and truly enjoy that moment together on the dance floor. Gary is exceptional to work with prior to the event, very organized and kind. The band acts as the MC during the reception and organized the night seamlessly. For example, their announcement of the wedding party and us as a newly married couple was perfect. Transitions from the first dance and parent dances to getting everyone on the dance floor with an upbeat party song took seconds! The whole night was a huge success and a lot of that is due to Philly Funk Authority! Our guests are still raving about the band! I've now been to 3 of their weddings...Amazing every time. HIRE them!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/22/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Philly funk played at my daughters New Years Eve wedding. They were amazing! The dance floor was absolutely packed the entire night and numerous guests made a point of telling me how fantastic they were. Highly recommended!!

Profile Picture Meg, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

After looking and listening to over 200 bands, as soon as I heard Philadelphia Funk Authority, I knew they were the band for our wedding! Their sound and style is true live music, funk and soul and I could immediately tell the difference between them and any other "wedding" band. Philadelphia Funk Authority is so unique and original and cant even compare to any other bands. They are in a class all their own. Friends and family are still giving us compliments on the band and how fun they were and it was great to see everyone dancing all night long. They were also such a pleasure to work with. Gary, was super responsive and guided us through the process and had some awesome ideas and was also open to our ideas as well. They were a dream to work with and we are so lucky to have found them!
They were even kind enough to let me sit in on bass and play a couple tunes with them :) So awesome and it was so fun to jam with them and have the love and support of our friends and family there.
Thank you to PFA for making our wedding so unique and so special, you truly rocked it and we couldn't be happier with everything you did for us.
Not only did they play for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception they also put together some amazing up lighting action for our ceremony and reception. Thank YOU PFA for playing your hearts out for our Special Day!!
Gina & Mike

Profile Picture Gina, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Sound/PA System

My husband and I are both huge music people, and as such we couldn't just have any old band. We needed the best, and we got it hands down with the Philly Funk Authority! Gary was absolutely wonderful during the planning process, and the actual reception was just incredible! Everyone kept telling us how it was the most fun they've had at a wedding in a long time, and asking where we found these people!! They played for a majority of the night, only taking one small break towards the end (which was fine as it allowed everyone to rest from dancing their butts off!!). All of the songs sounded amazing, including the two special requests that we had! We keep joking that we should have another wedding just so we could hire them again! Definitely worth every single penny, they truly made our day something we'll never forget :)

Profile Picture Catherine, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, Liability Insurance, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Sample Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Sound/PA System

The bottom line is this: if you want your guests on the dance floor, having a good time, you won't go wrong with Philadelphia Funk Authority. They sound fantastic, and they know how to mix the new with the old, to get your wedding party dancing. We're so glad we booked them!

Profile Picture Christopher, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Book them! We had an amazing wedding and the band was the highlight! The music was amazing and people were dancing all night. It was weeks later and people were still commenting on how much they loved the band. Definitely worth it :)

Profile Picture User7313902, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Band

Philly Funk absolutely amazed us at our wedding! They had everyone out on the dance floor from start to finish! Our guests have complimented the band endlessly. We would highly recommend using them to anyone planning a wedding or party! They were easy to work with and everything we ever hoped for in a wedding band. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was great in every aspect from planning to playing! From the start when we decided to hire them to play at our wedding, the management team was very organized, responsive and had numerous meetings/calls with us to help us plan the band activities and songs, and work with our special requests. The music at the wedding was awesome! All of our guests raved about how good the band was, both during the wedding and for days after. All were up and dancing the entire night. The band's song list is never ending and covers all angles in music selection and taste. I want to throw another party and have them play again!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

From start to finish, working with PFA was great! We actually contacted the band before signing the contract at our wedding venue because we have known for years we wanted them to be our wedding band. Having watched them play at my cousin's wedding in 2005 and then watching them here and there through the years, it was a no-brainer. Working with Gary (the manager) on all the details and logistics was very easy and he was more than happy to tailor everything to exactly what we wanted. They played all the songs I asked them to, stayed away from the ones I didn't want played, and learned a new song just for us. The band had all our guests up and dancing from the start of our reception and the party lasted all night. They are pricey (all wedding bands are!), but to me it was worth it. We continue to receive such great feedback from our guests about the music and the party itself, and I owe it all to PFA for making our wedding reception so fun. Highly, highly recommend!

Profile Picture Hillary, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Incredible musicians, wedding professionals, and super easy to work with. They learned 3 new songs for us and played them better than we ever could have imagined. Two Neil Young songs and Talking Heads.

Profile Picture Chuck, 4/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Philadelphia Funk Authority MADE my wedding! Www also used them for my sisters wedding and I didn't sit the entire time so I knew they would rock it again! They helped me add personal touches that made my reception so special. They are incredibly talented and professional and I highly recommend them for your wedding/event!

Profile Picture Jaime, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

This band is phenomenal! I highly recommend them.

I came to know PFA when my sister got married in NJ two years ago. This band was fantastic and everyone had great reviews of their work. When I got married in September 2015 in NYC we looked at a ton of bands in NYC and NJ and all were either not our style or crazy expensive. I contacted PFA on a whim thinking that their travel time/expense would make them too pricey, but within minutes I got a response from Gary, who offered us a great price and was happy to have the group come to NYC. We had a number of custom requests (a few are complimentary; after that there is a fee, which we felt was totally fair) and the band did them all beautifully. We used this band for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and I am so glad we did. They did a beautiful job, were wonderful on-site and prior to the big day, and were a great value. Thank you!

Profile Picture Susan, 9/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Sound/PA System

Worked well with our inconvenient schedule when needing to discuss the wedding. Answered emails in a timely manner. Kept the dance floor full all night!!! Played specific songs we asked them to play. All over 5/5... Best band in town!

Profile Picture User5511784, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely a great band! They had people up dancing all wedding. Great variety of music. Would recommend to anyone who is interested in a band. A unique experience!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Philly Funk Authority was incredible! We could not have asked for a better band. They played every song on our must-play list (classics, current and oldies) and had everyone at the wedding on the dance floor, especially for up-town funk! We highly recommend Philly Funk. They have a great website, but they sound even better live than on the audio on the website. Five stars all around!!

Profile Picture Alanna , 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was absolutely one of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding day. We have lost count of all the wonderful things our guests had to say!

Working with Gary to plan out all the details was easy and painless. We relied on his past experience to help guide us if we were unsure about any decision, and everything turned out perfect. We had two of the band members perform the ceremony music (flute and guitar) and it was beautiful. We would recommend that choice to anyone. Their repertoire is unmatched - we had no issues picking the perfect songs for our ceremony, first dance, parent dances, and party music requests. They had the guests dancing all night long and were great at reading the crowd to see what kind of music would keep the party going.

We would recommend Philadelphia Funk Authority to anyone else in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Angela, 5/30/15, 1 Review