Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

122 | Bethlehem, PA

122 Reviews for Philadelphia Funk Authority

122 Philadelphia Funk Authority Reviews

Kathleen Hoppe · Married on 09/08/2018

Philadelphia Funk Authority is amazing!! They made the wedding top notch and set the bar extremely high for future family weddings!!

I cannot say enough great things about PFA!! They say the music can make or break a wedding, and the band made my daughter’s wedding a landmark event that our family and friends are still gushing over! The dance floor was literally bouncing all night! The playlist was amazing and the musicians are all top notch. Fun and exciting from beginning to end....Thank you Philadelphia Funk Authority, from the bottom of our hearts!
    The Hoppe Family

Philadelphia Funk Authority 1

Luc Truyen · Married on 07/21/2018

Philadelphia 'THE' FUNK AUTHORITY - nuff said

What can we say... we first heard the band during the jazz festival in Cape May and they really rocked the place. We walked up to them and asked for a card as we were planning our wedding. From that first moment the level of engagement and flexibility towards what we wanted to do was just great. And then the wedding: they literally blew everybody away -from the 3 year olds to the 70 year olds were on the dance floor all the time. The diversity of music (from Marvin Gaye over James Brown to Ed Sheeran and Daft Punk and many many more) and the quality of delivery whether it was guitars, drums, horns, sax and the singing (OMG) was something else. We had many people come over and ask where did we find these guys!!?? as well as many who said "this is not just the best wedding but the best party I ever attended!".
    You rock guys and made our day! Sharon&Luc

Philip M. · Married on 06/23/2018

10 out of 10

Philly Funk was absolutely terrific. Incredibly easy to work with, outstanding musicians, and a whole lot of fun - they're the ideal wedding band!

Dennis · Married on 06/16/2018

I could not ask for more from a wedding band!! The band set the tone for the night from the first moments. They played to the crowd incredibly well. We did not even bother giving any recommendations or making any requests because the music and the night flowed so smoothly. Almost everyone I've seen since the wedding has made a point to say the band made our wedding day! As an added bonus, they even surprised us by learning our songs for each of the first dances. I cannot thank this band enough for making our day so special!

Steve · Married on 05/27/2018

The Philadelphia Funk Authority did a FANTASTIC job! They were great to work with, flexible and provided EXACTLY what we requested. As the father of the groom, when we arrived at the reception the cocktail and dinner music was classy and elegant. Following dinner, when the dancing started, the dance floor was full from the first dance song to the last dance song. They are worth every penny! As one of our guests posted, "Just left the party of the century! Great food, great friends and wow, The Philadelphia Funk Authority, what a band!"

• Lindsay

Lindsay Liiro · Married on 04/27/2018

Fantastically Funk-Filled Wedding

In choosing a band for our wedding, my husband and I didn’t have to think twice before selecting Philadelphia Funk Authority. They are an incredible band and really know how to spice up every second of your big day. From a variety of soft ballads accompanying myself and our wedding party down the aisle, to taking time to learn mine and my husband’s “song” for our first dance, to playing a variety of hits from every decade at the reception, Philly Funk covered every moment perfectly. Communication with Gary before our main event was thorough and smooth and every member of the band played their part in keeping the night a joy and our family and friends on their feet! Every guest still tells us what a blast the band was and how they wished the party didn’t have to end! You’ll certainly love Philadelphia Funk Authority for your wedding and they will easily help make it a night you will never forget!

Katerina Lewycky · Married on 02/03/2018

Philly Funk is best wedding band ever!!!

My husband and I heard this band at a friend's wedding, and it was the most fun we had ever had at a wedding. I knew that when we got married, Philadelphia Funk was who I wanted to play for our wedding.

They were extremely easy to work with. Gary & Andy worked with us to get every single detail perfect. My husband and I are both ukrainian, so it was important to have some Ukrainian music to be played at the wedding. They learned more than what we expected them to. Every last detail was perfect. Down to letting us send music the night before to be added to the break music, and letting my dad join them on the accordion for some of the Ukrainian songs, it was all more than we could've asked for.

They perfectly gauged what would entertain the guests and played exactly what got them out of their seats and on the dance floor. It was one heck of a party, what else can you ask for?

We would both highly recommend them for your event. You would never be disappointed.

Ken · Married on 10/13/2017

I have been a fan of the Philly Funk Authority for many years dating back to a prior establishment I attended in Quakertown, Pa. There were many nights our group would attend the shows to see and hear the professionalism put forth by this musical group. Many of us became known to each other on a first name basis.
    So when the time came to decide on music for our wedding, Philly Funk Authority was a MUST HAVE. The entire process from the first contact with Gary to the end of our wedding night was flawless. We had several conference calls with Gary and every possible detail was explored. checked and doubled checked to make sure our evening would be the best ever. Our wedding guests came from near and far with a large variety of all age groups and the band was absolutely fantastic at keeping the dance floor full all night. Almost a year later, we are still receiving compliments on the band. Their repertoire is beyond anyone's imagination, and they know all the songs. lyrics, and if they do not, they will learn them for you. We have to give a special shout out to members Dale, Andy, George, Andrew, Neil, Matt, Vinnie, Catrice and especially Raysa, the surprised photographer. Everything was so fantastic, that 10 months later my wife hired them again for my Surprise birthday party. If anyone is considering reserving Philly Funk Authority for any of your events, we would highly recommend them . You will not be disappointed.
    Ken & Christina

Philadelphia Funk Authority 2
    Philadelphia Funk Authority 3

Elizabeth · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are fortunate enough to get the opportunity to book the Philadelphia Funk Authority, do NOT hesitate. Possibly one of the best decisions I made in wedding planning was booking the band and coordinating the ceremony & reception details with their manager, Gary. From jump street, the Philadelphia Funk Authority is nothing but helpful, informative, creative and reliable -- you can trust them not only to perform on the big day, but also to assist with planning & executing your dream wedding. On top of it all, the band was truly the most talented group of musicians you could ask for. My family and friends still talk about them, nearly every time we see them. The Philadelphia Funk Authority is a treasure to party with and a pleasure to work with, book them!

Kayla · Married on 07/29/2017

Philly Funk is an amazing band to work with. The manager Gary was very easy to work with, knew all the ins and outs of the process and delivered exactly what was promised. The band was a major hit. Every guest we spoke with noted how awesome the band was and they were the highlight of reception. The first dance, father/daughter and mother/son dance songs were all played perfectly. MC for the night was perfect, announcements were clear and fun. Everything flowed smoothly. They coordinated with the staff for cake cutting and an anniversary dance. Overall, they were extremely organized and I was pretty hands off. I asked them to play songs that would get people on the dance floor, I didn’t pick out a list of songs in advance. It worked out perfectly. Vocals and music were so on point, the dancefloor was packed for every single song. The mix of new and old songs was perfect. We had a wonderful time and I would truly recommend you pick this band if you want to have an unforgettable reception and cocktail hour. You will not be disappointed. Everyone loved them, I cannot emphasize this enough!
    Kayla & Jerry

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2017

My husband and I could not be happier with the Philadelphia Funk Authority. We had heard several great things about the band even before we decided to book. Once, we were engaged, there was no hesitation at who we wanted for our wedding entertainment. My guests said nothing but amazing things and were on the dance floor the whole night! If you're looking to have people dancing all night, I would highly recommend the Philadelphia Funk Authority for any event.

Khristina · Married on 06/10/2017

They were amazing and followed our schedule request with all our traditional Ukrainian additions. Awesome people to work with and their performance is beyond fantastic ! I would 100% hire them again!

Erin · Married on 06/03/2017

Philadelphia Funk Authority absolutely crushed it at our wedding and my husband and I could not be happier with our decision to hire them!

From the time our wedding reception started, our guests were buzzing about the music - the band set just the right tone for the cocktail hour with a jazz duo, did an amazing job with our first dance, provided beautiful accompaniment for our father/daughter and mother/son dances, and had the dance floor packed from the first song through last call. In addition, Gary and the band leader were wonderful in working with my dad, who sang a song for us to help start the celebration and went above and beyond in helping us to compile the perfect set list of songs.

If you are looking for a professional, experienced, and high-quality band for your special day, you needn't look further than Philadelphia Funk Authority.

Philadelphia Funk Authority 4

Erin · Married on 04/29/2017

The Philly Funk Authority was an awesome band and made our wedding so fantastic! They traveled to Maryland for our wedding and it was worth it. We did not stop dancing the whole night and all of our guests commented on how great the band was! Some of the guests have even gone to see the band at other gigs - that's how much they enjoyed them!

Rachel · Married on 04/22/2017

The Philadelphia Funk Authority made our wedding incredible! We wanted a party band that would keep everyone on the dance floor from the second they walked in the room and that's what they brought! Their website lists their repertoire and available songs to choose from...it is endless! With every style of music. We went with pop, rock and funk and we had every generation on the dance floor for every song! I was able to select songs off their website as well as 2 songs they were willing to learn and play. Without being asked, they even specifically announced when they were about to play our favorite song so my husband and I could find each other and truly enjoy that moment together on the dance floor. Gary is exceptional to work with prior to the event, very organized and kind. The band acts as the MC during the reception and organized the night seamlessly. For example, their announcement of the wedding party and us as a newly married couple was perfect. Transitions from the first dance and parent dances to getting everyone on the dance floor with an upbeat party song took seconds! The whole night was a huge success and a lot of that is due to Philly Funk Authority! Our guests are still raving about the band! I've now been to 3 of their weddings...Amazing every time. HIRE them!

Meg · Married on 12/31/2016

Philly funk played at my daughters New Years Eve wedding. They were amazing! The dance floor was absolutely packed the entire night and numerous guests made a point of telling me how fantastic they were. Highly recommended!!

Gina · Married on 12/09/2016

After looking and listening to over 200 bands, as soon as I heard Philadelphia Funk Authority, I knew they were the band for our wedding! Their sound and style is true live music, funk and soul and I could immediately tell the difference between them and any other "wedding" band. Philadelphia Funk Authority is so unique and original and cant even compare to any other bands. They are in a class all their own. Friends and family are still giving us compliments on the band and how fun they were and it was great to see everyone dancing all night long. They were also such a pleasure to work with. Gary, was super responsive and guided us through the process and had some awesome ideas and was also open to our ideas as well. They were a dream to work with and we are so lucky to have found them!
    They were even kind enough to let me sit in on bass and play a couple tunes with them :) So awesome and it was so fun to jam with them and have the love and support of our friends and family there.
    Thank you to PFA for making our wedding so unique and so special, you truly rocked it and we couldn't be happier with everything you did for us.
    Not only did they play for our Ceremony, Cocktail Hour and Reception they also put together some amazing up lighting action for our ceremony and reception. Thank YOU PFA for playing your hearts out for our Special Day!!
    Gina & Mike

Catherine · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I are both huge music people, and as such we couldn't just have any old band. We needed the best, and we got it hands down with the Philly Funk Authority! Gary was absolutely wonderful during the planning process, and the actual reception was just incredible! Everyone kept telling us how it was the most fun they've had at a wedding in a long time, and asking where we found these people!! They played for a majority of the night, only taking one small break towards the end (which was fine as it allowed everyone to rest from dancing their butts off!!). All of the songs sounded amazing, including the two special requests that we had! We keep joking that we should have another wedding just so we could hire them again! Definitely worth every single penny, they truly made our day something we'll never forget :)

Christopher · Married on 10/22/2016

The bottom line is this: if you want your guests on the dance floor, having a good time, you won't go wrong with Philadelphia Funk Authority. They sound fantastic, and they know how to mix the new with the old, to get your wedding party dancing. We're so glad we booked them!

J · Married on 09/24/2016

Book them! We had an amazing wedding and the band was the highlight! The music was amazing and people were dancing all night. It was weeks later and people were still commenting on how much they loved the band. Definitely worth it :)

Philly Funk absolutely amazed us at our wedding! They had everyone out on the dance floor from start to finish! Our guests have complimented the band endlessly. We would highly recommend using them to anyone planning a wedding or party! They were easy to work with and everything we ever hoped for in a wedding band. Thank you!!

Kathleen · Married on 05/07/2016

The Philadelphia Funk Authority was great in every aspect from planning to playing! From the start when we decided to hire them to play at our wedding, the management team was very organized, responsive and had numerous meetings/calls with us to help us plan the band activities and songs, and work with our special requests. The music at the wedding was awesome! All of our guests raved about how good the band was, both during the wedding and for days after. All were up and dancing the entire night. The band's song list is never ending and covers all angles in music selection and taste. I want to throw another party and have them play again!

Hillary · Married on 04/30/2016

From start to finish, working with PFA was great! We actually contacted the band before signing the contract at our wedding venue because we have known for years we wanted them to be our wedding band. Having watched them play at my cousin's wedding in 2005 and then watching them here and there through the years, it was a no-brainer. Working with Gary (the manager) on all the details and logistics was very easy and he was more than happy to tailor everything to exactly what we wanted. They played all the songs I asked them to, stayed away from the ones I didn't want played, and learned a new song just for us. The band had all our guests up and dancing from the start of our reception and the party lasted all night. They are pricey (all wedding bands are!), but to me it was worth it. We continue to receive such great feedback from our guests about the music and the party itself, and I owe it all to PFA for making our wedding reception so fun. Highly, highly recommend!

Chuck · Married on 04/29/2016

Incredible musicians, wedding professionals, and super easy to work with. They learned 3 new songs for us and played them better than we ever could have imagined. Two Neil Young songs and Talking Heads.