11 Reviews for Overlook Hall

User Photos
+10
Photos
11 Overlook Hall Reviews

Anna is wonderful! The venue is perfect!

Profile Picture Nicolette, 7/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing experience working with Anna at Overlook Hall. She was more than we could have asked for in her professionalism and responsiveness. The venue itself was perfect. Classic beauty with a gorgeous view. And bonus: the sound system is AMAZING!!

Profile Picture shelli, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anna was amazing!! The venue is perfect! The views are so beautiful. Planning our destination wedding was stress free thanks to Anna... She has wonderful attention to detail. I highly recommend Overlook Hall! Thanks Anna!! You're the best:)

Profile Picture Dina, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If you've found yourself reading reviews of Overlook Hall, it is likely you are contemplating hosting a wedding on Catalina Island. There are many venue options for your special day, as there were for ours, but Anna Dira and Overlook Hall were hands-down the BEST decision my husband and I made when planning our Great Gatsby themed wedding weekend extravaganza.
We wanted an over-the-top experience for 60 of our closest friends and family, and so we planned a trip to the Island to scout out venues, restaurants, caterers, lodging and fun activities all our guests could enjoy over a 4 day/3 night period.
However- if it were not for Anna at Overlook, my inner Bridezilla would have taken over. Anna is a true professional- her patience and grace are only matched by her ability to organize, communicate and pay attention to every detail, which for a Bride who's planning from the mainland, is VITAL.
Overlook Hall itself (now officially recognized as a historical building) is an amazing backdrop for your wedding, whatever the theme may be. Ideally sized for wedding parties of 80 or less, this two story building offers a bridal suite on the first floor (we let the groomsmen use it to get ready and set up a little "Speakeasy" and photo booth inside), and a ceremony/reception site upstairs, complete with bathroom and balcony, offering 180 degree views of the harbor and ocean. Natural light floods the venue through floor to ceiling French doors, giving us a perfect shadow silhouette as we exchanged vows with the Ocean behind us.
Anna and her team performed the perfect "flip" while guests sipped on mimosas and the Bride and Groom took pictures to commemorate the perfection of it all. When it was time to return upstairs, the result was nothing less than breathtaking- everything was exactly where it was meant to be and the scene was set for a perfectly Gatsby party.
Absolute perfection!!

Photo for Overlook Hall Review - Outdoor stairway that connects first floor to second
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - All doors open for our ceremony = one gorgeous backdrop!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - Walking down the aisle to forever!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - A "no peeking" pre-ceremony photo op!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - Perfect placement thanks to Anna and staff!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - The view from the sweethearts table!
Photos
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - My boys on the balcony- sweeping views!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - 180 degree views of Catalina
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - First dance- transported back in time!
Photo for Overlook Hall Review - Finally married- what a perfect memory!
Profile Picture Lindsay, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not have been more impressed with this venue! The manager Anna was such a delight to work with, so helpful and responsive always. She truly went above and beyond to make our day perfect. On top of that, the hall is just gorgeous, historic and in a wonderful location. It sits between some of the best hotels on the island and is so convenient for guests. I couldn't have picked a better place to get married!

Profile Picture Amber, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding at Overlook Hall this past summer was absolutely perfect! The venue and location is gorgeous! We had both our wedding and reception at the hall. The venue has gorgeous wood floors, beautiful opening windows, wood beam stunning ceiling, and the patio offers beautiful views of the ocean. Anna Dira was wonderful! She is professional, friendly and a pleasure to work with, always got back to me quickly, was so helpful in suggestions and referrals to vendors, and had attention to detail making sure everything was perfect! They also provide the technology to display a slideshow, which was an absolute hit with my guests. I could not have been happier with my choice to have my wedding at Overlook Hall! Everything was perfect!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I would recommend the Overlook hall a thousand times over!

The hall is beautiful, and is at a perfect location for guests and a breath-taking view. The truest heaven sent treasure of renting the hall however was the privilege of working with Anna. She was prompt to answer any questions, and always very accommodating to all our needs. Considering we don't live on Catalina island, it seemed like it would have been a headache to plan a wedding from afar. With all the details of transporting stuff and storage logistics it would have been impossible without her cheery help.

Quick story time... One of many details I will never forget.
My uncle had to build the wooden arch the morning of the day of the wedding. When he arrived and started working on it all was well until he realized the electric drill he brought over dropped dead >:o ! I simply can not imagine what the wedding would have been like without the arch, as we had a minimal wedding and the arch played a vital role in decoration... Fortunately, to the rescue came Anna & sent her husband to snatch one from their home!

My experience planning a wedding with The Overlook hall is nothing short of AMAZING, truly an answer to prayers.

Did I mention we were allowed to bring our own food/drinks, etc... whatever we wanted?!

P.S. I loved the Overlook Hall pets!

Profile Picture Magbis, 5/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Overlook Hall was the best place in the entire world let alone Avalon that my husband and I could have been married at for our 10.01.16 wedding! This historical venue is a treasure being that it is very affordable and so stunning inside and out, the views of Catalina are amazing, and there are no words for how helpful and sweet the wedding/event manager is. Ana is absolutely wonderful to work with and truly cared about our big day from the moment we met her. We just can't recommend The Overlook Hall enough! So blessed to have found them, our day was beautiful and our ceremony everything we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture Julie, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here at the end of September and had a great experience! We were planning a wedding on a budget from LA and were so happy to find such a versatile venue. We can't speak highly enough of Overlook Hall! Anna is fantastic and went above and beyond on a daily basis in answering our questions and assisting in the planning process via phone and email. She was by far the best vendor we worked with from the island! The venue is beautifully historic, has high vaulted ceilings, gorgeous views, and an amazing patio! We held our ceremony upstairs and hosted a cocktail hour in the downstairs suite while the upstairs was flipped for the reception. Anna and staff were so helpful in setting up pews, chairs, and tables. Plus they include chair covers and table linens, you can't beat that! They also had great vendor recommendations, and went above and beyond in coordinating with our caterer. To top it all off, you can bring your own alcohol, so overall this is a great place if you're on a tight budget...or just really like awesome people and great customer service!

Profile Picture Oscar, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just had our wedding at Overlook Hall on 7-8-16. This was hands down the best venue we looked at on the island (and WAY better than anywhere we looked at on the mainland). I cannot thank the staff enough for all of their help the day of the wedding, and through all the planning. We planned the wedding from our home in San Diego, so it was not like we could drive over to the venue whenever we needed, but the staff was so professional and always responded to calls/emails (and quickly which wasn't the case with the other venues we looked at on the island). The view from the balcony was breathtaking, the hall itself is very rich and warm, with a nice feeling of the history of the island with a modern flair! If you are entertaining the idea of having a wedding (or reception of any sort in Avalon) I highly suggest Overlook Hall. it's everything I said above and more for a very affordable price!

Profile Picture Kimberly , 7/8/16, 1 Review