Overlook Hall Reviews

Overlook Hall 6
Overlook Hall 7

Elisabeth · Married on 10/07/2018

Perfect location!

Such a beautiful location! Everyone was extremely helpful. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Overlook Hall's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Elisabeth! We loved hosting your shower! All the best to Sadie, Jordan and soon to be baby Girl! Much love, Sarah

Dora · Married on 07/14/2018

We had the most beautiful wedding imaginable at Overlook Hall, and it was truly a joy to work with Anna throughout the entire process of planning and carrying out this amazing day!

I highly recommend having your wedding on Catalina Island at Overlook. It was the perfect location for our 55 guests and could definitely accommodate quite a few more comfortably while still feeling intimate. We loved being surrounded by our family members all weekend and getting to see them everywhere on the island when we walked around. There were so many fun activities that we could do before and after the wedding, too - ten of us went zip lining the day before, and several of our guests went snorkeling and parasailing over the weekend.

Even better than the location was the incredible service and attention to detail given by Overlook Hall. Anna was extremely kind and considerate with all of her communication throughout the entire year between when we came to see the hall and had the wedding. She truly went above and beyond with every aspect of our special day, and we are so grateful to her for helping make our wedding dreams come true!

Not only did Overlook help us with planning, let us use the hall the night before for the rehearsal dinner at a very low hourly rate, and help coordinate vendors throughout the wedding week, but Anna also took photos during the wedding and sent them to us afterward so we would be able to share memories right away rather than wait weeks for the professional photographer's photos. It was an absolutely unparalleled, incredible experience working with Overlook Hall! Thank you so much!!

Overlook Hall 13
    Overlook Hall 14
    Overlook Hall 15
    Overlook Hall 16
    Overlook Hall 17

Nicolette · Married on 07/01/2018

Anna is wonderful! The venue is perfect!

shelli · Married on 06/02/2018

We had an amazing experience working with Anna at Overlook Hall. She was more than we could have asked for in her professionalism and responsiveness. The venue itself was perfect. Classic beauty with a gorgeous view. And bonus: the sound system is AMAZING!!

Dina · Married on 11/24/2017

Anna was amazing!! The venue is perfect! The views are so beautiful. Planning our destination wedding was stress free thanks to Anna... She has wonderful attention to detail. I highly recommend Overlook Hall! Thanks Anna!! You're the best:)

Lindsay · Married on 11/11/2017

If you've found yourself reading reviews of Overlook Hall, it is likely you are contemplating hosting a wedding on Catalina Island. There are many venue options for your special day, as there were for ours, but Anna Dira and Overlook Hall were hands-down the BEST decision my husband and I made when planning our Great Gatsby themed wedding weekend extravaganza.
    We wanted an over-the-top experience for 60 of our closest friends and family, and so we planned a trip to the Island to scout out venues, restaurants, caterers, lodging and fun activities all our guests could enjoy over a 4 day/3 night period.
    However- if it were not for Anna at Overlook, my inner Bridezilla would have taken over. Anna is a true professional- her patience and grace are only matched by her ability to organize, communicate and pay attention to every detail, which for a Bride who's planning from the mainland, is VITAL.
    Overlook Hall itself (now officially recognized as a historical building) is an amazing backdrop for your wedding, whatever the theme may be. Ideally sized for wedding parties of 80 or less, this two story building offers a bridal suite on the first floor (we let the groomsmen use it to get ready and set up a little "Speakeasy" and photo booth inside), and a ceremony/reception site upstairs, complete with bathroom and balcony, offering 180 degree views of the harbor and ocean. Natural light floods the venue through floor to ceiling French doors, giving us a perfect shadow silhouette as we exchanged vows with the Ocean behind us.
    Anna and her team performed the perfect "flip" while guests sipped on mimosas and the Bride and Groom took pictures to commemorate the perfection of it all. When it was time to return upstairs, the result was nothing less than breathtaking- everything was exactly where it was meant to be and the scene was set for a perfectly Gatsby party.
    Absolute perfection!!

Overlook Hall 25
    Overlook Hall 26
    Overlook Hall 27

Amber · Married on 09/16/2017

I could not have been more impressed with this venue! The manager Anna was such a delight to work with, so helpful and responsive always. She truly went above and beyond to make our day perfect. On top of that, the hall is just gorgeous, historic and in a wonderful location. It sits between some of the best hotels on the island and is so convenient for guests. I couldn't have picked a better place to get married!

Victoria · Married on 07/15/2017

My wedding at Overlook Hall this past summer was absolutely perfect! The venue and location is gorgeous! We had both our wedding and reception at the hall. The venue has gorgeous wood floors, beautiful opening windows, wood beam stunning ceiling, and the patio offers beautiful views of the ocean. Anna Dira was wonderful! She is professional, friendly and a pleasure to work with, always got back to me quickly, was so helpful in suggestions and referrals to vendors, and had attention to detail making sure everything was perfect! They also provide the technology to display a slideshow, which was an absolute hit with my guests. I could not have been happier with my choice to have my wedding at Overlook Hall! Everything was perfect!

Overlook Hall 28
    Overlook Hall 29

Magbis · Married on 05/29/2017

I would recommend the Overlook hall a thousand times over!

The hall is beautiful, and is at a perfect location for guests and a breath-taking view. The truest heaven sent treasure of renting the hall however was the privilege of working with Anna. She was prompt to answer any questions, and always very accommodating to all our needs. Considering we don't live on Catalina island, it seemed like it would have been a headache to plan a wedding from afar. With all the details of transporting stuff and storage logistics it would have been impossible without her cheery help.

Quick story time... One of many details I will never forget.
    My uncle had to build the wooden arch the morning of the day of the wedding. When he arrived and started working on it all was well until he realized the electric drill he brought over dropped dead >:o ! I simply can not imagine what the wedding would have been like without the arch, as we had a minimal wedding and the arch played a vital role in decoration... Fortunately, to the rescue came Anna & sent her husband to snatch one from their home!

My experience planning a wedding with The Overlook hall is nothing short of AMAZING, truly an answer to prayers.

Did I mention we were allowed to bring our own food/drinks, etc... whatever we wanted?!

P.S. I loved the Overlook Hall pets!

On November 12, 2016 my husband and I had our wedding at Overlook Hall on Catalina Island. The views were beautiful, the atmosphere was relaxing, and the historical venue was absolutely amazing. Anna the event manager at Overlook Hall is the best. She was wonderful to work with from the first day we got in contact with her. She is kind, sweet, down to earth and a honest individual. She did everything to make this special day of ours it's absolute best. She answered every question I had through email or phone quick and promptly. As hectic as weddings are, she was able to make everything at ease. It was amazing to work with her. Our family and friends still can't stop talking about what a beautiful wedding it was and one of the best ones they have been to. We had our food catered from Steve's steakhouse, which was super delicious. We fully recommend Overlook Hall for any special occasion. We couldn't be more thankful for everything Anna and the owner Mike has done for us. They are very professional and willing to work with you in any way possible. Our day was beautiful and everything we wished for. Thank you Anna and Mike for all you have done for us and making our day beyond perfect. You guys are in our hearts and we will never forget your generosity.

• Julie67

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

The Overlook Hall was the best place in the entire world let alone Avalon that my husband and I could have been married at for our 10.01.16 wedding! This historical venue is a treasure being that it is very affordable and so stunning inside and out, the views of Catalina are amazing, and there are no words for how helpful and sweet the wedding/event manager is. Ana is absolutely wonderful to work with and truly cared about our big day from the moment we met her. We just can't recommend The Overlook Hall enough! So blessed to have found them, our day was beautiful and our ceremony everything we wanted it to be.

• Oscar

Oscar · Married on 09/24/2016

We had our wedding here at the end of September and had a great experience! We were planning a wedding on a budget from LA and were so happy to find such a versatile venue. We can't speak highly enough of Overlook Hall! Anna is fantastic and went above and beyond on a daily basis in answering our questions and assisting in the planning process via phone and email. She was by far the best vendor we worked with from the island! The venue is beautifully historic, has high vaulted ceilings, gorgeous views, and an amazing patio! We held our ceremony upstairs and hosted a cocktail hour in the downstairs suite while the upstairs was flipped for the reception. Anna and staff were so helpful in setting up pews, chairs, and tables. Plus they include chair covers and table linens, you can't beat that! They also had great vendor recommendations, and went above and beyond in coordinating with our caterer. To top it all off, you can bring your own alcohol, so overall this is a great place if you're on a tight budget...or just really like awesome people and great customer service!

Kimberly · Married on 07/08/2016

My husband and I just had our wedding at Overlook Hall on 7-8-16. This was hands down the best venue we looked at on the island (and WAY better than anywhere we looked at on the mainland). I cannot thank the staff enough for all of their help the day of the wedding, and through all the planning. We planned the wedding from our home in San Diego, so it was not like we could drive over to the venue whenever we needed, but the staff was so professional and always responded to calls/emails (and quickly which wasn't the case with the other venues we looked at on the island). The view from the balcony was breathtaking, the hall itself is very rich and warm, with a nice feeling of the history of the island with a modern flair! If you are entertaining the idea of having a wedding (or reception of any sort in Avalon) I highly suggest Overlook Hall. it's everything I said above and more for a very affordable price!