The Houdini Estate

2400 Laurel Canyon Blvd,, Los Angeles, CA 90046 Map · Phone number · Visit website
For 100 Guests $10k - $14k
Guest capacity 16 to 430
  • Photos & Videos 60
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1
  • Deals 1

About The Houdini Estate

SATURDAY RATES begin at $12,990 for up to 100 people, VENUE ONLY

WHAT IS THE MYSTIQUE OF THE HOUDINI ESTATE?

This legendary $12 million landmark can be all yours. It provides a unique and exclusive way to escape far-flung venues and the usual hotels, as well as create lifelong remembrances. In addition to enjoying a historic house beautifully decorated according to Houdini's era, you will experience the magic of five acres of romantic gardens tended by 15 gardeners, intriguing artwork in unexpected places, seasonally curated flowers, sunny and shady photographic vistas, multiple locations for meals and ceremonies, an hour of hiking trails, hidden passageways, a natural spring, a three-story waterfall, and outdoor and indoor jacuzzis.

CURRENT EVENT RATES, ENTIRE ESTATE, TWO NIGHTS INCLUDED (Include hosts, guests, vendors, staff, and performers in your total headcount.)

WEEKENDS (FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS)

Up to 100 people $12,990

101 to 125 people $14,990

126 to 150 people $16,990

151 to 175 people $18,990

176 to 200 people $19,990

201 to 225 people $21,990

Ask for prices if your count exceeds people here.

WEEKDAY (SUNDAY TO THURSDAY NIGHTS) FAMILY AFFAIRS, 501(c)(3) NONPROFIT GATHERINGS, AND OFFSITE RETREATS; CORPORATE PARTIES EXCLUDED.

Up to 15 people $1,500

Bridal suite
vanessa vendiola favorites 0004 683x1024 51 1018963
81 51 1018963
The Houdini Estate
3a3a43c6ae7e19581f39905725c3a3fc ccf4a6d1997393fab58e75415b44a0fa 940x626 51 1018963
caz 51 1018963
houdiniestateweddingmagicalfirstlookportraitsartsouleventsradinlove 51 1018963
img 20170520 195233 51 1018963
img 3115 51 1018963
The Houdini Estate
c6155d28 e7f3 461f b407 ac7ac541842e e1c6cb451c64be56909f60345fbf00c2 51 1018963
12 51 1018963

2 Reviews for The Houdini Estate

• Linda

Linda · Married on 06/15/2019

1.0

Lori is the worst management for the Houdini estate My brother got married this weekend at The Houdini Estate in Hollywood. The place is amazing but

My brother got married this weekend at The Houdini Estate in Hollywood. The place is amazing but Lori the manager was horrible and these were the reasons why:
    1. We booked the place because my brother and his fiancé wanted their baby dog to come and enjoy in the excitement of the wedding . We were told not to have him in the house and he must have a dog sitter watching him. My first day I came to help set up for the wedding. Lori first words to me is that dog is not allowed unaccompanied . My brother the groom said he will be in his stroller. Lori said it again before she left.
    2. The next day I drove in and was going to drive up to drop off food. Lori stopped us and said you need to go to the other side to deliver . I said I was a guest, I am not the caterer. I asked her if I can just drive up and just drop off the food and she said it is blocked ( it was not blocked) and I had to go out to the two way road to try to get to the other side where the caterer is with my guest. I said no it is hard to get out and come back, it would take me 20 to 30 min to get back. So, I had my guests get out of the car and just take all the appetizers up the many flights of stairs
    3. Lori saw Smokey ( our dog - my brother and his fiancée ) and said he needs to have a babysitter. I told him he will. Lori said she was worried he will be carried off by some animal because he is small. I ignored her after this because I was upset. She talked to my guest and told them the same thing .
    4. My brother’s wife sister came up because she was behind us to deliver flowers. Lori told her she had to go to the delivery side which takes around 20 to 30 min and it was 4 pm and the wedding starts in a hour. My sister in law told Lori the gate is closed and she just needed to drop off the flowers and she will drive back down. Lori said she will open the gate. I told my sister in law we will take it up. She said it was too much . My sister did not arrive back to the party till 430 and we still had so much to do to help out.
    5. I finally got to sit down for dinner at 6 pm since I missed the reception at 5 pm. Our friend is telling us Lori is texting him every 5 to 10 min about how loud we are talking and how the mc is too loud. This went on for the whole time during the wedding reception. She is texting saying the music is too loud the people are talking to loud the mc is too loud the speaker is too loud.
    6. Lori walked around and ate our food and was never invited and she walked around the tables and looked at what we had and she ate the cake. She walked up to it and sliced herself a piece.
    7. When I was trying to put stuff away Lori went to get more food. I was so mad and angry that this person is not doing anything but telling us how we are being noisy and loud. We turned the music off at 830. SHE WAS NOT INVITED!!!!! She is the management of the property.
    8. She went to the MC and told him he was too loud too.
    9. At the end of the night at 1030 she comes up again and told us she is closing the gate. My cousins called a Uber and they told uber to pick them up at the front of the gate and the Uber are arriving in 10 minutes. She said it is ok just go to the delivery side which is on the other side . Note every individual was lost when they came to the venue so we wanted our guests to be safe . My cousins told my aunts which are 68 years old to hurry so they will not we locked in. Note we rented the place till 11 am the next day and my brother could close the gate if Lori gave him the remote which she did the night before. Lori wanted my family too stand in the middle of the road in the dark in the canyon !!!! My 68 year old aunts.
    Note the place is amazing but Lori was rude, obnoxious, not nice at all, and inconsiderate . If your going to have any type of party note your guess of 80 will be 81 because Lori will just invite herself and tell everyone how loud the party is . Do not book this place with Lori you will have a bigger headache and she will make your life miserable . When I walked down half way to where she was I did not hear the music or people . So I do not understand why she was was rude to us.
    If you plan to have a wedding or an event do not have it here. Yes the place was beautiful but Lori made the event miserable because she made the bride and groom miserable. I was beyond stressed at the wedding and I was the groom’s sister. The bride was already upset and my brother was so mad.
    This place does not allow music, talking, or people . All Lori did was complain and eat the food. If you pay $1000 of dollars to rent a property for a wedding than why complain about the music and speakers starting at 6pm!!!!! This place should not have parties!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

The Houdini Estate Pricing

Guests

Here's what couples with similar selections spent on this venue:

$9,998 - $13,895
Get your quote

This venue offers the below options which may impact pricing:

• Ceremony
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly

The Houdini Estate Price Rates

The Houdini Estate FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 12,990.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 12,990.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 430
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 16
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 6
  • Describe your venue: Art Gallery, Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Garden, Historic Building, Mansion, Museum, Park, Resort
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wifi
  • What months are included in your peak season? April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? January, February, March

Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• The Houdini Estate 1
    Midweek Family Affairs

WEEKDAY FAMILY AFFAIRS (SUNDAY TO THURSDAY)

This comes with a discount of up to 30% off.

perfect for jewish weddings