Our Labor Of Love Reviews

40 | Los Angeles, CA

40 Reviews for Our Labor Of Love

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Our Labor of Love was awesome to work with. I planned my wedding in a short time-line, just over 7 months. They were my first choice photographer and I couldn’t believe they were available on my date in such short notice. I also had to move my date forward after getting on contract (due to venue availability) and they were still able to work with me. It was important for me to trust my vendors because our wedding was a destination wedding in San Diego (we live on the East Coast). I never got to meet our photographers (Jesse + Jesh) ahead of time but we felt so comfortable with them regardless.

We aren’t exactly comfortable in front of a camera, but they had so many tricks to make us feel at east and have fun in front of the lens. Another great thing is that they were able to blend into our wedding and crowd so that nobody felt distracted by them during the ceremony. We also had many group photos we wanted and they worked with us to get them all in!

We haven’t gotten our photos back yet (it’s only been two weeks), but I know they will be beautiful!!

Rosa · Married on 08/30/2014

I had a very specific wedding photography style in mind, and Heidi Geldhauser of Our Labor of Love did a wonderful job capturing our big day. Even before the wedding day Heidi was quick to respond to any questions that I had, and made sure to ask all the right things so that there wouldn't be any confusion on the big day.

The first time I met Heidi and her second shooter was the morning of my wedding while I was getting ready, and I felt comfortable around her right away. She took all the pre-requisite getting ready photos without them feeling overly posed, and without getting in the way at all. She made sure to get all the shots that I had requested (with specific non-bridal party family members), and I never felt rushed even though it started to rain while we were taking photos before the actual ceremony. She knew the best spots at my venue to take portraits and I loved the variety of group shots. Even though our original plans changed (I had wanted to go to a nearby park for portraits) because of the weather, I don't think that I missed out on anything photo-wise.

When I received the online gallery of photos, I actually squealed because I loved all the photos so much. Not just because it was my own wedding, but because all of the photos were beautifully shot, whether it be a photo of the venue decor, the food, the flowers, posed portraits, candid guest photos, or people on the dance floor. I'm going to have such a hard time picking which photos to get printed to hang up and to put in my wedding photo book. I received the final photos within a month of my wedding, which I believe is a reasonable time for edits.

If you want beautiful, Pinterest-worthy photos that make your big day look even more awesome than it already was, I would recommend Heidi in a heartbeat.

Aimée · Married on 06/14/2014

I cannot say enough about the sheer talent that is Heidi Geldhauser. She has such a unique and creative eye. I trusted so much in her style that I really didn't give her too many instructions prior to the wedding, and she did not disappoint. She is ready to work with you in every capacity, be it budget, scheduling, or ideas. Heidi is an absolute pro and such a fabulous person. Everyone at the wedding just adored her and her team. It is so clear Heidi loves what she does, that passion comes through in her photos. So overjoyed with her work.

Kimberly · Married on 12/07/2013

I loved Heidi! She was awesome and so professional. Thanks Heidi!

• X

Xim · Married on 07/20/2013

The best thing we could ever do was ask Heidi to shoot our wedding, we would give her a million stars in this review if we could!! Photography was high in our priorities, and re researched over 30 photographers, and are so happy with our choice! Thank you Heidi and Jac for being so sweet, so reliable, and such amazing photographers! I never write reviews (in fact I think this is my first one), but they did such an AMAZING job, that I actually felt this is the very least I could do in return.. Heidi flew in from Altanta to California, where our wedding took place. From the second I was in touch with Heidi she was extremely professional, and she was very flexible to accommodate all our requests. She made the process really easy, even if it involved a lot of planning (travelling, etc). This was a big deal for us, particularly since we were planning the wedding from abroad (and Im a bit of a control freak!) She was very proactive throughout, replied to all our emails straight away, and stuck to her word every step of the way. She emailed and texted as the day approached to reassure us that she was on her way, when she arrived in California, and when she arrived at the wedding venue - which she did hours earlier to start taking pictures of the venue!!

Heidi and Jac were absolute sweethearts, and even though I only met them on the day of the wedding they have such a relaxed and warm attitude, I immediately felt at ease, as if they were friends I knew for a long time! All of my family fell in love with them! Also, they were so good at making people relax to take AMAZING pictures! Trust me, my fiance and I are really not very photogenic, and she made us look like we were models from a magazine! The pictures were what I had hoped for - and more: Increadibly fun and romantic, yet very natural..

On top of everything they were helping us amidst the chaos of getting ready, even going back and forth between me and my husband whenever we needed to send something over (like the

Tara · Married on 05/26/2013

Matt and Meghan photographed our wedding and we could not have been more thrilled with their work. They were extremely professional yet made us feel completely comfortable and at ease as they captured all of the shots we wanted and didn't know we would want! Our photos are absolutely gorgeous, people keep complimenting us on the photos and asking who took them. They managed to capture every detail of the day without adding a single stress. I love them and hope to work with them again soon. Could not recommend them enough!!!

Matt Miller from Our Labor of Love photographed our friend's wedding and when we saw her pictures, we knew he was the one for us. If you like creative, artistic style shots then Matt is the guy for you. Our engagement shoot was so fun. We had some ideas, but Matt really came through with a few cool locations and shots of his own. At our wedding, Matt and his assistant Megan were so unobtrusive we barely knew they were there! It was amazing. I can't wait to see our wedding pictures. We have gotten so many compliments on our engagement pictures too from family and friends.

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2012

I was honored to work with Heidi and her team for my wedding. Her photos are stunning and she knows how to quickly get everyone to loosen up and take fabulous photos. From meeting to engagement shoot to wedding, Heidi kept in touch with us and made sure that we got all the types of shots we were looking for as well as giving her artistic freedom. Everything we received was beautiful and I'm still having a hard time choosing what shots to put in our book!

We didn't work directly with the other photographers in the OLOL team, but based on their website alone, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. They all have their own style yet are similar, so if you want a classic yet vintage and still modern look, this group has you covered. What I loved about Heidi is that she is an expert at editing and can take your photos to high contrast, keep them as is, or do anything in-between. I particularly love her soft, vintage look.

If you do book them for your wedding, I highly recommend picking up the photobooth as well. Some hilarious shots and the photobooth (they call it Smilebooth) photographer snapped a couple great shots pre-ceremony of us that I love. It was like having a third shooter!

Beautiful photos and warm, charming photographers. We were lucky enough to have Jesse and Matt photograph our wedding and we absolutely loved them. They were so so sweet and easy to be around and captured all the emotions of the day beautifully. It seems OLOL's style of portrait is now quite popular and can be mimicked by a lot of photographers, but the candid photos are the really tough ones to get and they have a special eye for those. Go for the real deal!

Anna · Married on 05/19/2012

Your photos are your most important wedding investment - so invest in Our Labor of Love! I am so happy I did. We worked with Heidi and she took AMAZING shots of our wedding - and gave us a free engagement shoot just because she wanted to! You won't find greater talent anywhere else - and they are amazingly nice to boot. Can't recommend them highly enough.

virginia · Married on 01/21/2012

Heidi was WONDERFUL! Not only is she extremely talented and knew exactly what I was looking for, but she was beyond accomodating and helpful the day of my wedding.

Toni · Married on 11/19/2011

Our Labor of Love truly is just that- a labor of the love of photography. They are by no means 'wedding photographers'- they are artists. I work as a Photo Director, and so hiring a photographer for our wedding was probably the one thing I put the most weight on, and I am so pleased to have found, and worked with Whitney and Jesse of Our Labor of Love! They did not stop working for a minute all day- getting the posed shots needed, but moreso getting the candid shots they are known for. On top of that, they are just nice nice people! Down to earth, and comfortable to be around, which made us feel that much more at ease around them. If you are looking for spontaneous, unpredictable, fun yet elegant wedding photographers there is no need to look any further than them! Trust me, you will not only not be disappointed, but you will be delighted by them!

Dorian · Married on 06/11/2011

Matt Miller of Our Labor of Love shot both our engagement photos and our wedding. He was absolutely amazing to work with. Our engagement photos were partially shot in the Georgia Aquarium on a school holiday with countless children running around, but he was not deterred and was able to get amazing shots, some of which look like we had the place to ourselves.

As for our wedding photos, he (along with Meghan McInnis and Jennifer Emerling) took some incredible shots and truly captured us and our personalities and our wedding. They were all wonderful and professional and it shows in their work. The photos are unique and special and I know I will continue to enjoy looking at them again and again!

We really enjoyed working with Matt and hope that our paths cross again! If you are looking for some memorable, exciting and unique photos - you won't regret working with OLOL.

• kzinser

Kristin · Married on 04/30/2011

Matt Miller from Our Labor of Love did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and while we haven't yet seen our wedding photos, we couldn't be more thrilled with our decision to book him specifically.

Anyone can take one look at his photos and know that he "gets" and understands love and the connection that happens between two people. He captures images in a non-traditional manner, in a non-intrusive way. He takes photos with people "doing" and not posing, which is important to properly tell the story of two people in love: to see them interact. Matt is fun, very responsive (even with his insanely busy schedule! get a date with him NOW because if you wait, he'll probably be booked!), and an overall great guy who is willing to do just about anything for the perfect shot...including laying down in gravel on a dirty Atlanta road.

Matt will be the only person to take professional photos for us hopefully for years to come. We adore him and his work.

We love you Matt and will miss you!

Kristin & David

• MrsPeters

Lesley · Married on 10/23/2010

All of their photographers are worth every penny! There is no doubt that they are the best. We worked with Matt Miller and would hire him to document anything major in the future. He will capture the best of you on your important day and is perfect to work with in the process.

A+++++++

Here are some pics: http://junebugweddings.com/blogs/what_junebug_loves/archive/2011/01/21/real-wedding-lesley-and-mike.aspx

Christine · Married on 10/10/2010

Stunning photography! Our Labor of Love is renowned among leading wedding blogs for a reason - they uniquely capture events and produce stunning results. Our wedding was no exception - they broke away from the mold and the photos speak for themselves, while reflecting us and our special day. Friends rave about the results and have actually wanted to look over all the photos together over and over again to relive the day. Heidi is sensational - highly personalized, so easy to work with (critical since you'll spend quite a bit of time with the photographer on the big day), and blew us away with the results. We've told a million friends and we'll shout it to the mountaintop: get Our Labor of Love for your wedding! PS They travel across the country (including for our wedding) so don't let geography hold you back from stunning memories, but do book early because this little secret is being recognized everywhere!

• johighness

Joanna · Married on 08/21/2010

What really can you say about Jesse and Whitney Chamberlain? They took incredible pictures that captured by crazy happy face on a day that flew by, and I'll always treasure those memories. They were exactly what I was hoping for when we first contacted them. Make sure you get the Smilebooth too, and tell your guests to get into it.

Amber · Married on 07/10/2010

Matt Miller did our engagement and wedding photos, and we can't speak highly enough about him and his work! Our engagement session was SO awesome and were featured on a number of wedding websites! We haven't seen our final wedding pictures yet, but I'm anticipating the awesome.
    We also had the smilebooth at the wedding, which was a HIT and worth every single penny! Our Labor of Love and Matt Miller are awesome!

Monica · Married on 06/19/2010

We LOVE(D) David and Kendrick! They're unbelievably amazing -- Our engagement photos were beautiful and we cannot wait until our wedding photos come in! Our guests couldn't stop talking about them and they are just as excited for the photos as we are!

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

We actually used David and Kendrick of Our Labor of Love for our engagement photos and for the wedding. These two are quite a pair and put us all at ease in front of the camera! Their quality and professionalism is consistent with the other comments left here. I have received numerous compliments about their work and how they seem to capture everything on film! You do not want to leave your wedding photography to just anyone. It's worth splurging on! :) You will not be let down by Our Labor of Love.

Stacy · Married on 10/10/2009

Five stars all the way! Jesse and Whitney are incredible. If you want your pictures to be less traditional, and more photo journalism, absolutely go with them. Their pictures are vibrant, interesting, and beautiful. They were so fun to work with and did an amazing job at our wedding!

Kirsten · Married on 06/13/2009

Our Labor of Love is miles above any other wedding photography company -- in the country. A major plus is that they travel anywhere.

Their fierce combination of artistry, photojournalism, professionalism, talent, technical wisdom and big hearts is astounding. Run by husband-and-wife team Whitney and Jesse Chamberlin, OLOL is simply the best around.

My wife and I looked at many photographers before we met up with Jesse and Whitney at a quaint coffee shop for an initial chat. And we never looked back.

Not only do their photos surpass any others we've ever seen, but they're very gay- and lesbian-friendly.

We spent more than we'd planned on photography ... a lot more. But Our Labor of Love is worth every penny. And now when people ask us for wedding advice, it's quite simple: Hire Our Labor of Love.

• Tom

Tom · Married on 05/23/2009

We looked at a lot of photographers and were instantly blown away by Our Labor of Love at the first meeting. Having gotten our final photographs, we can now honestly say we sincerely can't imagine there's anyone better, at any price, probably anywhere in the country. I know that might sound sensational, but it's the truth. We loved our wedding and all of our "vendors," but I'm sure for some more searching or work the food could have been more gourmet or with more money we could have hired an amazing band....I'm even more sure that we could not possibly have found better photographers. These are pictures you want to leave out forever. They're not the bland, acceptable work you get from a "good" photographer, they are truly gorgeous and exceptional pieces of art. Let's put it this way: we're sure that no matter what, if you book them you'll never ever feel one ounce of uncertainty or regret!

shana · Married on 03/14/2009

There isn't much to say -- their work says it all.

Jesse & Whitney are my dream come true -- we loved working with them -- if you want to have a photography experience that is special and memorable please book them straight away!

Wendy · Married on 05/11/2008

There's only one thing I can say about Whitney and Jesse - we LOVE them! They are fabulous to work with, creative, fun and amazing photographers. Their work is absolutly amazing ... and they were a pleasure every step of the way. Even our parents (who were hesitant about their "artsy" style) loved the result; a testament to their awesomeness!