O'Halloran Photography Reviews

9 | Minneapolis, MN

9 Reviews for O'Halloran Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Katie · Married on 11/28/2008

I went to Mike for a special boudoir session and had a fantastic time! He was wonderful and genuine and my photos turned out amazing! I am so happy with his service, I'd love to go back to him anytime!

Sent on 02/03/2009

Michelle · Married on 07/19/2008

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. The photos are amazing. Mike O'Halloran does wonderful work and captures your day perfectly. He also did a wonder engagement session for us that we loved. His prices are extremely reasonable and he does not charge by the hour. Very profesisonal, highly recommend.

Sent on 08/27/2008

Lindsey · Married on 07/18/2008

O'Halloran Photography was by far my favorite vendor, and I didn't even book Mike until less than 3 months to our wedding. I am a very detail-oriented person with tons of ideas and Mike and Mary did everything in their power to make sure everything was captured. From the day I met with Mike, and up until now I honestly feel like we have been good friends forever. No other vendor I worked with put in the time, effort or due diligence in getting to know us, giving us positive reinforcement and feedback, in addition to providing the highest quality of service and professionalism that I have seen.

Mike is photography. He loves what he does and his passion shows in his efforts and the quality of his images. He is also the most patient person I have met, and one who lives to share with others the talents and gifts he has been given as a photographer. He doesn't just show up and take pictures, he (and Mary too!) become a part of your family, your wedding party and your guests in order to truly capture your special day. His prices are more than reasonable, and his packages really cater to a variety of budgets. I found O'Halloran photography because I was looking for an engagement session to be included in our package, and Mike turned out to the guy. I knew without a doubt we picked the right guy for our wedding, when he got to our engagement photo session site an hour and a half early (it was Mother's Day) and scoped out all the great spots to take pictures. I have to say too, that I am honored that Mike and Mary put in the time they did, and I am proud to be the wedding that holds the record for the most images taken by O'Halloran Photography at a wedding! (4,000) for those of you counting! Truly incredible!

I could go on and on about Mike, Mary and their amazing photography, but the reviews should speak for themselves. I had the best time with them, and I owe them many thanks for all the time, energy and passion they put into our day!

Sent on 08/06/2008

Morgan · Married on 06/20/2008

Mike and Mary are absolutely amazing! All of my guest loved them and thought they were both great! Plus, they are highly professional, but know how to have a good time without being annoying about it. The shots were amazing and they were willing to go the extra mile to get them. Highly, highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/02/2008

Andie · Married on 06/14/2008

We loved Mike and his assistant Mary they are a great team. The pictures are wonderful they captured every piece of our special day!

Sent on 08/05/2008

Monica · Married on 09/22/2007

HE WAS SUPERB!!! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone who will listen. His work is excellent; and he is so much fun. He fit it very well with the wedding party and family members. It was important to us that we actually meet our photographer before we hired anybody. When we interviewed O'Halloran Photography, we met with Mike himself, not an assistant. It was also important to us that the photographer be fun and be able to handle the wise-crackin' wedding party and family members. He was PERFECT!! And the pictures were FANTASTIC! We wanted to splurge on the pictures since they last a lifetime; we were willing to penny-pinch on other aspects of the wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2007

Jack · Married on 09/01/2007

The one negative commentary must be written about a different photographer. We have used Michael O'Halloran for our grooms dinner, wedding, then for pictures of our newborn through the first year of life. He is professional, fun to work with, does excellent work, takes a ton of pictures, charges a nominal fee compared to others, and is truly a genuine and hardworking small business owner. I am sorry but the ONE negative should be taken with a grain of salt and realize that there are ALWAYS two sides to a story. Maybe the couple was ridiculously demanding and expected Cartier to provide services for an excellent price. I am sorry if they had a bad experience but I would recommend Michael O'Halloran to anybody. I am not affiliated with this studio but felt compelled to offer a rebuttal to the one negative review after such a wonderful experience with O'Halloran photography. My last name is Mutnick if anyone thinks I am in any way affiliated with this studio.

Sent on 01/31/2013

Rick · Married on 08/23/2008

Mike is a great guy and he makes the day fun. He was flexible with his time and he brings two photographers.

Sent on 08/27/2009

Ruth · Married on 08/23/2008

0.4
      1.0
      0.0
      0.5
      0.5
      0.0

When we fisrt met Mike to talk about his services, both my husband and I were impressed how down to earth he was. We appreciated knowing that he did not want other couples to go through the same hasszles he had gone through with his wedding photography. We fell for the "cheese" album he claimed one of his friends made for their wedding. We wanted to give a small business owner some business so we hired him! Our wedding day came and I put up with some of the off colored comments he made- I figured we had already hired him and he had our money. Over a year and a half went buy before he responded to my emails about the whereabouts of our album....there were many excuses as to why our album was not done including the loss of the photos we had selected (twice). 1 year and 9 months we get our album, and it is not what we ordered. As it turns out, he decided to try his "artistic hand" with our photo layout. It was sloppy and un professional. Even my husband who is not picky at all was disgusted with this work. We requested changes which he agreed to...but in the end did not make. Another year has gone by and after numerous emails and messages, we have received our album. Worth the wait? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I am very sorry we fell for this guy. Professionalism not there. Follow through, not there. So much for giving a small business owner a chance to make a living. If you gamble and go with this guy's services, make sure you get on your contract when you'll have your album. Include a clause that says if he is "sick" who will fullfill your order. Once you have paid him, he does not care about whether you get your album or the quality of it!!!

Sent on 10/09/2010