NUMBER 9 Photography Reviews

15 | Austin, TX

15 Reviews for NUMBER 9 Photography

• LeeAnn

Leeann · Married on 12/17/2011

I used Number 9 Photography for my engagement and wedding photos. I absolutely love their work and I was so pleased by the result. They have a very unique style that's so true to Austin. My husband and I hate having our pictures taken, and Charlotte made us feel so comfortable. I definitely recommend doing an engagement session with her. As she said, you don't want the first picture the photographer ever takes of you to be on your wedding day. Doing the engagement session got us used to the process and by the time the wedding arrived, it was like hanging out with a friend.

They were also very flexible. I added the engagement shoot late and added an hour during the wedding. One thing I really liked was that Charlotte met me during the rehearsal to go over where photos would be taken. Check them out, they're fabulous!

Sent on 01/26/2012

Audris · Married on 08/20/2010

Charlotte and Adrian were wonderful! They captured my wedding day perfectly from start to finish. The photos came out wonderfully and I'm quite pleased. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photo-journalistic approach to their wedding or any other event.

Sent on 09/24/2010

S · Married on 05/29/2010

Overall i was very pleased with my wedding pictures. Charlotte was our photographer and she did a great job. My husband and i had trouble thinking of what shots we wanted for our wedding and she was really helpful in suggestions for different pictures. Everyone in my family was really pleased on how the pictures turned out. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 11/30/2010

Rachel · Married on 04/10/2010

Overall we were very pleased with everything, very happy with the way our pictures turned out! Adrian and Charlotte were very friendly and flexible. Our only suggestions would be the following:
    You asked us to come up with a list of pictures we wanted to make sure we got (i.e. Bride with Grandparents etc) and then the day of Adrian wasn't keeping track of what pictures we had already done.- try to be more organized on that.
    Make yourself more available close to the wedding date- it was a little hard to get ahold of you guys during the last 2 weeks before the wedding.
    Include envelopes with the Thank You option- or let your clients know they aren't include.

Sent on 06/02/2010

Shelley · Married on 10/18/2009

Charlotte is an extremely creative and fun photographer. It was a pleasure getting to pose in her pictures, she kept me laughing most of the time. I appreciated her clever shots and talent for creating amazing photos. I will miss the photo sessions :).

Sent on 10/19/2009
  • darlingnikki44

Nikki · Married on 09/06/2009

Charlotte and Kimberly from Number 9 Photography were awesome!! I really clicked with both of them, and I'm sad that it's all over now. They got to know us and listened to us, and came up with some really cool ideas that worked with the themes of our non-traditional wedding. I really appreciated their professionalism and flexibility. Charlotte was responsive to my many emails and great about answering my many questions. I was really happy with our engagement & boudoir photos and I can't wait to see all of the wedding photos!!

Sent on 09/13/2009

Amanda · Married on 09/05/2009

This company is amazing! They are located in Austin, but they drove out to our wedding in Fredericksburg, TX. I was impressed the amount of work in the website portfolio, more so when I met with Charlotte in person.

They are very easy to get a hold of, and respond very quickly to emailed requests/ questions.

Very professional. We didn't have a formal dress code or anything, but Charlotte and Kim showed up dressed very nicely for our afternoon wedding. They had their own ideas for creative photos and knew how to work well with all of us (we had a 14 member wedding party)

The value for the cost was amazing, the company has increased their prices a bit since we signed our contract, but it is still VERY reasonable. We got 8 hours of service, 4 large photo books (one for ourselves, and three for the different sets of parents), a selection of Christmas cards to be made, and even some wedding party booklets to hand out.

They did a great job with flexibility. My family tends to have some issues with timing occasionally, and I had requested some large family shots and a large group wedding guest shot. We ended p not being able to do those, but it was no sweat for anyone involved.

I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of the wedding pictures!

Sent on 09/21/2009

Danielle · Married on 07/18/2009

Charlotte at Number 9 Photography was a pleasure to work with for our wedding photography. Our photos were absolutely stunning. She unobtrusively captured the night from beginning to end and the final product was creative and artistic. She gave us precious memories to remember the night with! Her professionalism, quick responses via email,and flexibility in the planning stages of wedding made her very easy to work with. We couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. Thanks Charlotte!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Darcie · Married on 06/18/2009

I can't say thank you enough to Charlotte and Number 9! I met Charlotte last Aug/Sept 08 not too long after she had started the company and I knew I had to have her as my photographer. Everything from 2 sexy boudoir shoots to the fun and quirky bridal shoot we did downtown-Charlotte just has an eye for what can make a picture into a piece of art.
    Our wedding photos are PHENOMENAL! Charlotte and her assistant *sorry I am horrible with names* had to endure 102 degrees with at least 80% humidity and nuthin but sunshine and yet they STILL did an amazing job. And I can't wait to see the coffee table books!
    As Charlotte says....its all about the chemistry between the photographer and the client...
    I would love to work with Number 9 in the future....if I ever get back to Texas...

Future Brides to be-be good to Charlotte and the Number 9 crew...they go above and beyond for their clients to produce amazing photos

Sent on 09/05/2009
  • Brady-Joyner Wedding

Phillip · Married on 11/06/2015

My fiance and I used Number 9 Photography for our engagement shoot and were very pleased with our final photos. Neither of us had gotten professional photos taken since high school senior portraits - and never as a couple - so we were super anxious and didn't know what to expect. Charlotte quickly made us feel comfortable and relaxed, and she also scoped out the venues ahead of time to get a sense of what would look good. We would definitely recommend Number 9 Photography.

Sent on 06/08/2015

Christine · Married on 11/23/2013

My hubby and I loved the quality and style of Charlotte & crews work! We are most delighted with the results and would highly recommend them to any bride.
    After receipt of the final result, I felt bad about asking but thought, if you never ask you'll never know. There were just a few more shots we were hoping for (3 specific ones). Charlotte was kind enough to deliver them, after what I am sure is already a long task of editing and sifting through 1000s of photos to produce roughly 200 edited ones, going back to find 3 more shots, couldn't have been easy or fun. She was kind enough to do so though and we are grateful she went the extra mile. Thank you Number 9!

Sent on 02/09/2014

3.0

The pictures turned out great. The photographers were laid back and comforting. The only drawback was after the wedding, it took awhile to get the pictures back in the mail. They informed us it would take 6 weeks, but I think it ended up taking 8. Usually that's not a big deal, but we were in the moving process and didn't want our pictures to get lost in the mail.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Kim · Married on 06/11/2011

Charlotte took care of both the engagement and wedding photos and we like them all. The engagement photos were fun and had a touch of quirky, while the wedding had both traditional photos and creative additions. She was well organized and had a good sense of setting up a shot. For the engagements, she spent many hours past the contract driving all over town at all times of day to get all those shots in. She was enjoyable to work with.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Christina · Married on 10/25/2009

2.6
      2.5
      2.0

We first started working with Number 9 photography about a year and a half ago. We got a super deal because they were just starting out and were really excited. (I put 4.5 stars for value because we paid about 1/3 of what they charge now for the same package.) Everything started out great. We took our engagement pictures and they turned out wonderful. She told us at the end of our session that the pictures would be up in about a week to proof. 2 weeks went by and we decided to send her an email... She took a few days to get back to us and told us that she had been really busy but they would be up soon. We kept checking her blog and soon found that she was posting wedding pictures up that had been taken weeks after our engagements. WEEKS! Finally we get a peek at our pictures and since they were so good, we decided to overlook the little issue with professionalism and responsiveness.
    Then came time for my bridal pictures. We were supposed to take them outside but it started raining. (I understand that was not her fault.) So we took them inside. All of my pictures are so dark. They look terrible! So terrible that I was having a breakdown 2 days before my wedding (which is when she finally got them to me). I wanted to run out and buy a new dress and change everything before my family talked me off the ledge letting me know that it was not me or my dress, just bad pictures.
    On our wedding day, we paid for 2 photographers to show up at 1:00. I even sent an email confirming the 1:00 start time. They didn't show up till 2:00, saying that they thought they were supposed to work from 2:00-10:00. So I have no pictures getting ready, because I was ready before they showed up.
    Our wedding was in October. In January we still hadn't seen any of our wedding pictures. I emailed several times and finally got an email back saying that they had sent us an email a few months ago but never heard back from us. (So it was our fault...) We finally see our pictures but our last name was spelled wrong. I emailed her several times about correcting it on her website but I still think it's spelled wrong. We finally received our wedding books. (It's June.) That was a whole different ordeal involving multiple emails weeks apart. Several deadlines were promised and never met. The thing that makes me the angriest is that if you tell someone, "I'll have them in 2 weeks," and 2 weeks go by, let your client know that you can't deliver. Don't keep them waiting and then wait for them to email you a week after the missed deadline.
    Anyway, so received our wedding book and our last name is spelled wrong on the cover. I'm officially done with this company and would not recommend them to anyone... Especially since the price has tripled.

Sent on 06/08/2010

Brittany · Married on 03/27/2010

1.4
      3.0
      0.0

This is honestly the first online review I have ever written, but I feel compelled to spread the word about this company so brides don't make the same mistake I did by picking Number 9 Photography as my wedding photographer.

I was originally lured by their cheery website and great price to begin with. When we met with Charlotte, she was very personable, enthusiastic... and had some great, creative ideas. So we signed the dotted line.

Our engagement photos turned out so terrible. There was not one usable photo for our engagement announcement...so we used a photo my sister took of us instead. It’s very unlike me to do this, but i was so dissatisfied with the engagement photos that I asked for a re-shoot with a different photographer. I do appreciate that they let us schedule a re-shoot because we weren't satisfied.

A week before our wedding I still hadn't heard from Charlotte, regardless of the countless emails and voicemails I left her. Finally, the Wednesday before our wedding… I talked to her to finalize some pretty crucial details.

The wedding photos were fine, nothing great…pretty amateur to be blunt. Sadly, some HUGE moments were missed, for example -- no shot of us walking down the aisle after the ceremony -- how do you miss that shot? Honestly, I'm not too bent out of shape about the mediocre wedding photos because I have the photos my sister took that were much better than the professional photos.

Now this is the really sad part -- and the reason why I am so compelled to write this review. My mother-in-law sadly passed away a month after our wedding. The last memories we have of her was at our wedding. She looked absolutely stunning and was SO happy on our wedding day….so and we knew we wanted to share those memories at the visitation and funeral. I can’t tell you how many emails, texts, and voicemails I left for Charlotte desperately trying to get some wedding photos from her. My poor husband even called several times on the day of his mothers funeral, desperately begging for her to send us a few wedding photos. Finally we heard back from Charlotte, but sadly it wasn’t soon enough to get the photos in the slideshow. I can’t imagine what was more important to her that she couldn’t take 5 minutes out of her day to send us a few wedding photos for the funeral. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed.

To sum it up, my biggest complaint is their lack of responsiveness. I had to wait five months before I saw any wedding proofs for our album, which was a COMPLETE disappointment. The book proof was completely amateur and had every photo that I told her I didn’t want in it. I should have done the album myself – and I still might have to.

Every single interaction I had with Number9 Photography was a letdown. I acknowledge that this company is not seasoned in the industry and that kinks are inevitable with such a young business… but the quality and level of service is absurd. Number 9 photography should be embarrassed.

Sent on 08/04/2010