Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

8 Reviews for Moonlighting Professional Sound and Lighting

8 Moonlighting Professional Sound and Lighting Reviews

These DJs were awesome. We won a deal with them from a bridal show, so we didn't pay as much as we normally would have, but despite that, their standard prices are still very good. We had a meeting with them 2 months or so before the wedding to discuss all the details, and then Rich (the owner) was available to me via email and phone to answer other questions I might have. Aaron was the one who DJed for us the evening of our wedding and he did a great job. He spoke with me over the phone the week before the wedding to go over final details with me. The night of the wedding he was very friendly, prompt, and intuitive to the kind of music that drew my guests to the dance floor.

It was great working with this company and I would again.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/6/13, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Price was great, didn't even charge for adding sound to a slideshow. Let us even make VERY last minute changes to our music lineup.

Profile Picture Ashley , 4/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rich knows how to get people on the dance floor! He nailed every detail and specific instruction that we had suggested, and made sure that the crowd felt involved in the wedding reception! He stayed until the last second of the party was over, and I could not be more grateful for his musical expertise. Some of our younger guests wanted more club-style music, but he felt out the crowd perfectly, and saved the other requests for later, once the parents couldn't dance any more! He will go out of his way to get each and every song request that the bride/groom gives him, and he really was a wonderful DJ/Emcee! Thanks, Rich!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

You really couldn't ask for a better dj. He knew just want to play just from talking to us. He did a great job at hitting all the groups of people and what they like to listen to and changed it up throughout the night to fit the vibe that was going on. He is also extremely friendly and personable. If i have another event of some sort and need a DJ Rich is the guy to go to. His prices are also way more reasonable than most, especially for his quality of work.

Profile Picture Avis, 3/10/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DO NOT HIRE MOONLIGHTING FOR YOUR DJ NEEDS. We booked Rich 6 mo in advanced, one of his selling points was "when you book with moonlighting you get me as your dj not someone you haven't met". Rich never returned any of our emails or calls once we booked. Finally our wedding day came and of course he was A NO SHOW. He had an pregnant assistant come in who was TERRIBLE. You could not hear her and kept bugging my wife and I about the first dance and cutting the cake. More importantly she had NO crowd interaction. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT HIRE MOONLIGHTING.

Profile Picture STEPHANIE, 8/20/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Not happy about the DJ, in fact, the worst part of the wedding. From the start he was diffucult to reach and communicate with, but didn't really think much of it because I would eventually speak with him and everything was all good. Showed up 2 hours late to the ceremony/reception site ~ was supposed to be there at 12 to set up speakers, etc, so that he wouldn't be messing around when our guests started arriving. I saw him from the RV we were using to get ready in and thought OMG! he was wearing cut-off jean shorts and a tank top. HOT! Then, what do you know, he's not even at the reception ~ he had some other guy ~ a friend I presume ~ to stand in for him because he booked another wedding. We booked him about 9 months before, so not cool. Then this DJ "friend" plays our first dance song, then father/daughter and procedes to play EVERY SONG on our must play list, one right after the other. I finally had to grab my aunt and have her say something. Duh, we were up their dancing for at least a half hour straight without a break to actually talk to our guests, until my aunt talked to him. Not done yet ~ my grandfather and I originally wanted to dance the Tennessee waltz together, but then he wasn't feeling well, so my father told the DJ not to play the song, that we weren't going to do the dance. I come in from outside getting some air, and he's playing the song! I see my grandfather across the room and he felt REALLY bad that we didn't dance, so he motioned for the guy to play the song again so we could. The guy was just horrible. Very upset that Rich didn't fulfill his end of our agreement. I have seen many good reviews for him, but this was horrible, and I do not wish this for any bride on her wedding day.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Rich at Moonlighting is an experienced and very professional DJ. At our first meeting with Rich he stated, " I want your guests to remember you and your awesome party, not the DJ." He has a low-key personality and respected of our musical preferences. Our reception was a blast- our guests danced all night.

Profile Picture Monica, 1/30/09, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I booked my wedding 1 year in advanced. I booked for both my sister and my wedding. My sister was married in May and the service was great. In October, for my wedding, it was difficult to get ahold of anyone to discuss my wedding. Then the day before my wedding I finally got ahold of the guy and he just kind of blew me off. On my wedding day, he wasn't there. When we went to set up for the hall, he wasn't there so I called again. To his credit, he did send two high-school age kids to DJ. Unfortunately they had to bug me CONSTANTLY through out the reception, everything from how to pronounce my name to what songs I wanted played for special dances. All of those things were planned before my wedding date, but because the guy I met with overbooked himself I was annoyed throughout my reception.

One big reason I booked with Moonlighting was because he said that he wasn't like other companies- he said, and I quote, "When you book with me you get me, I won't dump you because someone else comes along and offers to pay me more for doing their wedding. When you've booked me, you get me." The other reason I booked with him was because he said that he didn't bug the bride and groom during the reception, he contacted the maid of honor and bestman (or someone else I could elect). Both of those promises were broken and were my biggest complaints about Moonlighting.

The day after my wedding I called to see if I could just get an explination and an apology (I wasn't even asking for my money back). He has never returned my phone calls.

I absolutely recommend that you do NOT use this vender. He was the only rain on my special day.

Profile Picture Mica, 10/13/07, 1 Review