Belmont, Belmont, MI 49306 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 7
  • Deals 1

About Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service

I often have people tell me "this is the best wedding reception I've ever been to," and "I wish you had been the DJ at MY wedding."

More than any other wedding vendor, your choice of DJ will determine whether your party is a blast or one that's soon forgotten. The most important quality to look for in a mobile DJ is experience. It shows that they're serious about what they do, trustworthy, and good enough to earn referrals. I was a radio personality for 17 years, including a stint hosting morning drive at WHNN 96.1 in Saginaw/Bay City/Midland. Later I began mobile DJ'ing on the side, and am still going strong!

In addition to weddings, I frequently DJ at school parties and have earned the trust of several school administrators who hire me year after year. I also been DJ’ing the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum’s Early New Year’s Eve Party for the last ten years (at least). I also emcee charity events, such as the Walk To End Alzheimer’s.

I sometimes have the opportunity to see other DJ's perform, and one thing that always strikes me is how disappointing their systems sound. Conversely, I take two Mackie Thump speakers with 15" woofers, and two Mackie Thump 18" subs. Together, they really rock the house and get folks out to the dance floor -- yet I never get complaints that it’s too loud.

Here's a dirty little secret about mobile DJ's: as the evening progresses, some will intentionally choose songs that are duds, knowing that the party vibe will cool off and guests will head for the door – so they can make an early exit too. After all, the DJ has already been paid and/or has a contract. But my goal is to keep the party going because I genuinely enjoy what I do.

Having DJ'd at something like 300 wedding receptions and other parties, I've learned a great deal about how to make a wedding reception flow nicely, and some ways to "color outside the box." I would be happy to talk with you about ways we can make your party as fun and memorable as possible. I'll want to hear your ideas, and share a few of my own for you to consider. Thank you!

Follow Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service on

Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service 3
  • Andrew

Andrew Mertz · Married on 07/20/2019

Wonderful- 10/10

Perfect Reception was a phenomenal service. It was easy to contact him and the always helpful suggestions Perfect Reception made were greatly appreciated. Perfect Reception even noticed the small details that went right over my head. The games suggested were classics and a lot of fun and our guests LOVED the play list he had. The option to avoid certain songs/genres was greatly appreciated and the website they have prepared makes it very easy to communicate all your preferences for the reception. I have no doubt in my mind Perfect Reception has the best DJ in Michigan.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Megan · Married on 06/29/2019

Hire him!

We hired Larry for our Wedding ceremony/reception and Larry was amazing! He was personable, punctual, professional, flexible, fun, and kept our guests involved and entertained! It was all beautifully done!! This was definitely not his first rodeo, and it shows by the way he knew how to plan the reception flow, and the many great suggestions he had for us. Along with his suggestions, he also gave us the flexibility to choose what we wanted helped us feel confident in what we had chosen/planned. Our ceremony sound/songs were run so smoothly and at the reception, Larry did well to keep the guests involved through games/other interactions. Along with all of this, he was super affordable! We loved working with Larry and we 100% recommend him for any of your DJ needs!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service FAQ

• What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 795.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Country, Hip Hop, International, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Microphones, Sound/PA System

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Perfect Reception Mobile DJ Service 1
    Save $25 on your DJ booking
    Save $25 with this coupon.

• Two To Tango Dj's with Joanne & Steve
    Two To Tango Dj's with Joanne & Steve Wedding DJs

Always the whole package, and the nicest DJ out there! You've heard him on the radio with that smooth voice. He's consistent and always eager to make sure you're guests are having a great time. You won't regret booking him!

• Belmont Belmont, MI, 49306 See on map
    616-920-6911 (Phone number)
    6165702905 (Other Phone Number)