Medure's Catering Reviews

Medure's Catering 2
Medure's Catering 3
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/28/2019

Delicious Food and Great Service!

That. Eggplant. Rolatini. Wow.
    Pete and his team really have perfected buffet style food. We knew from the start that we wanted to work with Medures since we have had their food at other weddings and it was always very good. Pete is nice guy and very professional. He made great suggestions during our tasting and was helpful whenever we had questions. Our wedding food was delicious and guests had had so much to choose from. The beef, eggplant rollatini, and butternut quash risotto were some of our faves, but everything waws incredibly tasty. We also used Medures Bartenders and had a wonderful experience with them as well. If you are considering a buffet style dinner, Medures is the best in the area!

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Kami

Kami Kubler · Married on 09/21/2019

Delicious food, great people

My husband and I got married at Succop Conservancy and Medure's is their exclusive caterer. I cannot recommend them enough! We had a tasting ~6 months before the wedding and Kristen carefully selected a variety of options to fit a fall wedding. We loved everything she selected. Kristen was quick to respond to any and all inquiries and honored all of our requests. My aunt has a garlic allergy and we requested a no garlic entree for her. They delivered it to her specifically and offered her seconds. She said it was the best wedding food she had ever had. Our guests are still raving about the food and we couldn't be happier with our selections (Chicken scallopini, beef brisket, white and sweet potatoes, eggplant rollatini, vegetable medley, and butternut squash risotto.) The staff frequently asked if there was anything else they could do for me throughout the night. Thank you all!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 09/14/2019

Medure’s catering and villa

Samantha at Medure’s catering and venue was so professional and assisted us with everything we needed. Love working with her and the Medure’s staff!!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Jelena

Jelena · Married on 08/31/2019

We had a wonderful experience using Medure’s to cater our wedding and would highly recommend them!

We were lucky enough to have Medure’s cater our wedding and it was the absolute best food and service ever! All of our guests raved about how delicious the food was and how attentive the staff was. Before the wedding Kristen was quick to get back to any questions that we had and was extremely patient and supportive throughout the whole process. All of the staff was professional throughout the day and very helpful. They took care of everything! The bartenders they provided were also very friendly and did a great job. I would definitely recommend Medure’s to anyone and give them a 20/10 rating!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Shawna

Shawna · Married on 08/23/2019

Delicious Food!

100% recommend. They were so helpful and responsive throughout the entire process of planning our wedding, especially Samantha, and their food is DELICIOUS! Our guests had so many compliments about the food. Everyone tells you not to expect to eat on your wedding day, but we knew how good the food was so we made sure to eat! On the day of our wedding, their staff was incredible. We never had to remind them to restock or ask them to take anything away. They were on top of everything, making it that much easier for us to enjoy ourselves. Truly professionals with experience.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Jenifer

Jenifer Gross · Married on 08/02/2019

So helpful and best food!

Everything was so easy with them. Very responsive and would respond within hours. The tasting was amazing! This was by far the best wedding food we had ever had. Their staff was so helpful and very nice! They had everything set up smoothly and perfectly. We got so many compliments on the dinner by our guests. Even though they were exclusive to our venue, I can definitely see why, and I would have booked them anyways!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Emily Day · Married on 07/13/2019

Amazing wedding meal

We had the pleasure of working with Medure’s for our wedding. They are the exclusive vendor at the Gathering Place, where we got married, and with good reason. Annie from the venue said they used to allow their couples to choose their own caterer, but after continually hearing complaints about other vendors decided that using medure's exclusively would be best. They were right. Working with Pete was so easy and it was such a relief knowing that we were working with an expert. For most couples, this is the first time they are planning a wedding, so there is a lot to be learned and you really are reliant on your vendors to guide you. Medure’s will not steer you wrong.

During our tasting, Pete provided us with a great suggested menu, which we ended up using exactly. We had the pan-seared chicken, beef, green beans, mixed Idaho and sweet potatoes, squash risotto, and eggplant rolotinis. The food (and the leftovers) was amazing. We received so many compliments! We had a wide variety of diets to cater to, and everyone was pleased. Apparently, the eggplant rolotinis were the number 1 item, I’ve had several people tell me they plan to use Medure’s in the future just so they can have them again, so be sure to have them on our menu!

Medure’s also provided the staff and bartenders for our event. All of the staff that I had the chance to interact with were very friendly and accommodating. They did what they could to help the night run smoothly so there were no worries. We also heard great feedback from guests on how nice the staff was, which is not something I expected to hear.

Since we were in charge of supplying the bar, we leaned heavily on Pete’s advice. He really helped us figure out how to estimate how much we needed and what variety we should provide and he always responded quickly to my emails.

As you can probably tell, I couldn’t have anything better to say about our experiences working with Medure’s and I would highly recommend their services for any catering event. We cannot thank them enough for all of their assistance, for making things so effortless, and for being so pleasant to work with.

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 07/06/2019

Great food and great staff

The staff was so wonderful, they did everything to make sure we were taken care of and everything ran smoothly. The food was perfect- and our venue has no onsite kitchen so the fact that the food was cooked perfectly and was hot is amazing! The bartenders were not only efficient, there was never a line! But also friendly and funny! The servers were sweet and attentive. And then Sam was amazing- she emailed me back basically instantly! I had some last minute requests and instructions and they handled them without skipping a beat. Great company!

Sent on 07/07/2019
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 06/29/2019

Tasty food

Food was amazing! I still have people complementing how good it was.

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/22/2019

Great catering service with delicious food and friendly staff

Medure's catered our wedding and absolutely knocked it out of the park. We wanted our meals to be almost completely vegan (with exception of an offering of chicken for our more traditional family members) without it being too far off the course of standard expectations for wedding foods. Pete and his crew made an incredible meal of fresh bean salad, roasted sweet potatoes, pesto kale pasta, eggplant rollatini, and stuff peppers - all vegan and all far surpassing our expectations. We didn't label anything as vegan because we didn't want to stoke any negative preconceived notions of what "vegan food" is like. And low and behold, the food was a hit! My husband and I eat at a lot of phenomenal vegan restaurants around Pittsburgh and generally just love eating good when we can. Medure's vegan creations were on par, if not better than, the majority of vegan food we've had in the area (and we heard the chicken was incredible as well!)

Pete and his staff were very accommodating and even gave us some crucial wedding planning insights in the months leading up to the wedding. They provided linen's, tableware, and serving staff for the event, all of which were excellent. The staff were very fun to work with and made things very easy on us.

Overall, Pete and his group rose to the challenge of catering a mostly vegan wedding. If they could accommodate this request so excellently, I imagine they can cook up whatever else you are dreaming of for your event easily as well! Highly and lovingly recommended!

Sent on 07/04/2019

Brittany · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience

Pete and Kristen were FANTASTIC to work with! First off, the food was absolutely AMAZING! We received SO many compliments on the food, and everyone wanted to know who catered the wedding. Bravo!

Secondly, Pete and Kristen went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding day was everything we had hoped for! We got married at Succop Nature Park, and they were in charge of the venue set up. We had some questionable weather a week out which required alternative planning. Pete called us multiple times over the weekend (on his own personal time) to come up with the best game plan and make sure we were satisfied. Pete really had our best interest in mind and did everything in his power to ensure that we had the wedding we had always envisioned. He treated me like his own daughter and made sure that everything was perfect. I cannot speak enough to how much Pete had helped us and kept our stress level down. I cannot thank him enough!

I would without a doubt recommend Medure's Catering to anyone and everyone! The food is fantastic and you will not find better service anywhere else.

We truly thank you!!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 06/07/2019

Best Wedding Food I`ve ever had

That was the BEST food i have ever had at a wedding! Especially for a buffet. The wait staff and bartenders were so on top of everything and really took care of our guests. I now completely understand why they get awesome reviews... they are the BEST! Great staff and food.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Christine · Married on 05/25/2019

Delicious and wonderful cookie work

Everyone at Medure's was so nice and helpful. They answered all of our questions quickly and even let us do a tasting way in advance, since we live out of town. The food was delicious on the day of and the buffet food was still hot when served! They also trayed our cookies beautifully and boxed them up for us at the end of the night!

Sent on 05/31/2019
    Medure's Catering 4

Lauren Nedzelski · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible wedding food, incredible service

Medure's happened to be the required caterer at the venue that we fell in love with (the gathering place at Darlington lake, also a 5 star vendor), but I truly wouldn't have picked anyone but them and I'm glad I didnt have to go through the trouble of searching for the best. Pete Medure is so wonderful, polite, pleasant, and a joy to work with. He responds to all emails impressively fast and is so helpful and accommodating. My parents--who paid for the wedding--were excited about how reasonably priced they were too. He helped my husband and I come up with the perfect menu and made one of the biggest, most important aspects of any wedding feel easy and effortless. The serving staff were also wonderful on the wedding day. We had so many compliments on the food for weeks after the wedding, my favorite was the beef and my husband (who "hates eggplant and lasagna") loved the eggplant rollatini! I would hire them again in a second and would recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Crum · Married on 05/18/2019

Succop Nature Park wedding, great experience!

Medure’s was fantastic to work with for our May 2019 wedding at Succop Nature Park. We worked mostly with Kristen as our contact, and she was very friendly and quickly responsive to all our emails/calls. The food itself was excellent and we had SO MUCH left over. The staff is kind enough to pack up all the leftover food at the end of the night for you, too. Wait staff was very friendly to our guests and attentive as well.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Carolyn Binnig · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful in every way!

To begin- Pete Medure is absolutely incredible. He is professional, organized, kind, thoughtful and helpful. He made planning so easy for me!! Also, if you want your wedding food to be the best possible food ever- then you simply have to choose Medure’s as your caterer. Not only was our food phenomenal (guests were RAVING about it), but the service that the employees of Medure’s provide for the day of your wedding is unmatchable. They are reliable, attentive to your wants and needs, and they do everything with excellence. I, as the bride, did not have to think or worry about anything getting done when it came to our food and set up. I cannot say enough good things about Medure’s. They truly made our day so perfect.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 05/11/2019

Food Was To Die For!

Medure’s food was to die for! Our venue required them as our caterer and I can see why. From the staff we dealt with during planning to the servers and bartenders with us on our big day, every person we met was very friendly and professional. They had availability for tastings on Saturdays, which is very accommodating to most work schedules. Their price includes a service fee that covers all the servers making it much easier not having to deal with a tip amid everything else that day. They had a great option of linen colors and every table was covered before we arrived for set up. If you get the pleasure to work with Medure’s, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Katelyn · Married on 05/10/2019

Absolutely amazing

There actually aren’t words to describe how incredible Pete is, but I’ll do my best. First of all, his communication is next level. It was like the second I’d sent an email I heard a ding indicating his response. He somehow made me feel like I was his only bride, which is truly something considering how many weddings Medure’s must do every week (just look at the list of places where they are the exclusive caterer!). Pete remembered every detail we discussed, whether it was in person or via email. Our in person meeting was fantastic - you should have seen my now-husband’s face light up when they brought in the plates full of food for us to taste!! And let me tell you, the food is next level. There were so many options, and all were delicious. Our guests can not stop talking about how good it is, which is quite impressive for wedding buffet food. We made it a priority to eat ourselves because we didn’t want to miss the food! Plus, all of our leftovers were packed up and ready for us to take at the end of the night, which made us (and our families!) very happy. The service and professionalism of the staff is top notch. Medure’s has this down to a science. Never once did I have to ask for something to be done or changed or fixed. It was all perfect. Staff checked in with my husband and I multiple times making sure we had everything - they brought us appetizers, drinks, and dessert. They cut and served the cake and made our cookie table look stunning. Finally, I think it speaks to the type of person that Pete is that his ten star service doesn’t stop when the wedding is over - he even has gone out of his way to help one of my guests find the cocktail hour cheese that she is so obsessed with I’ve received multiple messages about it!! We cannot thank you enough Pete - please know how much we appreciate it!

Sent on 05/13/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/04/2019

best wedding food and guest interaction

From the wedding tasting to all the conversations in between up until and through the BIG DAY!! the communication and professionalism was ALWAYS there and sooo many guests said it was the BEST wedding food they ever had! I appreciate Pete and EVERYONE involved that made my wedding a success at the gathering place at May 4th,2019. THANK YOU
    !! Ashley and Jared Welday

Sent on 05/14/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Toot · Married on 04/27/2019

Beyond our expectations

From beginning to the very end, Pete Medure has thought of EVERYTHING. Not only is he very responsive, he is extremely knowledgeable and really helped guide us in our decision making for the flow of our event. He was always so calm, kind, and collected that he really put our minds at ease as we were planning our wedding (that is priceless). He gave us his individual time, attention, and sincere recommendations, and we really felt like we were his only wedding even though he had several at the same time, I'm sure. Now, let's get to the food! THE FOOD IS INCREDIBLE! Our guests are still RAVING about it weeks later! Pete's staff took such good care of us at the wedding and packed up our leftovers and cookies so neatly. We really can't say enough good things about Pete's character, his staff, and the food! My family has already decided that Medure's will be our caterer for future events! Much Love - Jessica & JasonR

Sent on 05/13/2019

Kristin Nicholas · Married on 04/26/2019

Best wedding food ever

We picked a venue that uses medures as their exclusive caterer and now I know why! The owners, staff, bartenders, and FOOD is amazing! From the very beginning Kristen and Pete went above and beyond to help make planning easy. They nailed the menu so well for our tasting that we picked everything they suggested! The crowd favorites were the eggplant rollatini, and the pasta with vodka sauce! They are absolutely delicious! Everyone at the wedding commented on how good the food was!
    Highly recommend medures! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Casse · Married on 04/13/2019

Medure's Catering

Medure's was amazing!
    I knew going in that they had the best food...but did not know that once I contacted them for the first time about catering my wedding I would not have to worry about a single thing!
    The owner and staff were kind, professional, and so easy to work with.
    They thought of everything and were prepared for things that never once crossed my mind.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Ashlee S · Married on 11/17/2018

Delicious and wonderful

I cannot tell you how many people complimented our food and how amazing it was at my wedding this past weekend. Pete knocked the menu out of the park!!!! Wow, I am so grateful he was our caterer. Not one bad word was said about the food!!!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Abby

Abby · Married on 11/03/2018

The very best!

There are no word's for Medure's Catering. Pete's willingness to make your day exactly how you want it is unmatched. His kindness, professionalism, and most of all, FOOD are the absolute best. Please do yourself a favor and go with Medure's. The staff was outstanding and I will miss working with them all!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

Very attentive, professional, and the food is great!

Medure's was a little more expensive than other caterers we looked into, but totally worth it!! Pete was more than happy to help me out with other aspects of the wedding- i.e. how much to provide realistically for beverages and cupcakes. They even helped my family at the end of the night by stacking our centerpiece stuff on a table for easy takedown. Not only was the service fantastic, but the food was amazing too. We had tons of compliments on the quality.

Sent on 11/12/2018