Marilyn Dennis Reviews

46 | Sorrento, LA

46 Reviews for Marilyn Dennis

There isn't enough that I can say about Mrs. Marilyn. She was so loving and supportive throughout our journey to the altar. It was so hard to find the perfect officiant for our destination wedding, but when we met with Mrs. Marilyn; we knew that she was everything! Not only did she officiant our wedding, but also completed our premarital counseling. If ever you need someone to officiant your wedding in the area Mrs. Marilyn is perfect for the occasion! May God continue to bless her and works.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Drew and Lenka · Married on 08/22/2015

Marilyn was awesome, Im so glad I found her. She responded to all my questions and emails very quickly. She was professional, calmed my nerves during the ceremony . I highly recommend her, she is fantastic! Thank you Marilyn!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Angela · Married on 07/11/2015

Minister Dennis is awesome. She is so professional and kind. Her presence is so reassuring. She responded quickly to my initial contact and communicated effectively throughout the whole process. We are from Alabama so the communication was a big plus. She is very thorough and even goes as far as sending you a sample ceremony script and is very open to additions or changes. I already let her know she will be our only choice when we choose to renew our vows. Please do not think twice about calling her. I promise, you will not regret it.

Sent on 07/21/2015

rachel · Married on 04/11/2015

Marilyn was fantastic to work with and did an excellent job. Prior to the wedding, she was prompt to answer all emails and questions. At the ceremony, she was passionate, energetic and heartfelt. I would highly recommend her services to any couple.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Marilyn Dennis's reply:

Thanks Rachel, I truly enjoyed being a part of your "Special Day" and it was truly special.

Brittany · Married on 12/13/2014

We would highly recommend her to anyone getting married. She is very friendly, sweet and professional. She did an outstanding job! She took her time and explained everything to us. Thank you for making our day special.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sheena · Married on 10/04/2014

Matthew and I had a destination wedding and picking the right officiant was very important to us! And through wedding wire I was able to find, Marilyn Dennis! She did such an amazing job!! It was very important to me to have some of my Filipino traditions into our ceremony and she was able to do it flawlessly! Matthew and I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Kelly · Married on 06/21/2014

I just got married this Saturday and could not wait to get on here and write a review about Marilyn..I really couldn't have picked a better wedding officiant..She did such a great job..She made everyone there feel the love with her beautiful words..She was so easy to work with and made my day so special..I would recommend her to everyone looking for someone to make their big day special.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Marilyn was our officiant in May 2014. She was recommended by our wedding planner in our search for a non-denominational wedding officiant, She was flexible as we navigated thru the wedding planning process and she made it very easy for us to craft our own ceremony - she sent us a few different ceremony outlines for us to pick and choose from.

We were able to add the things we wanted, adjust the wording to better suit our needs and to let her be the expert on the best way to meet our wishes.

We added a unity candle to our outdoor ceremony. This turned out to be a comical moment during our ceremony when my husband and I picked up the two candles to light the unity candle and realized the two candles were joined at the wick. To compound the humor the wind picked up and we had problems lighting the candles. However, Marilyn was able to roll with the situation and handled it like a pro.

It was the moment that people talked about and made the ceremony unique.

This woman is the real deal - We highly recommend working with her if you want your wedding to be special, spiritual and memorable.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Melissa & David · Married on 05/02/2014

Mrs. Marilyn is fantastic. She really puts her heart into making your wedding truly special. She is an absolute joy to work with. The love she has in her own marriage is evident the first time you meet her.

Sent on 05/16/2014

Beverly · Married on 03/08/2014

Our wedding was a "destination wedding" for us as we live two states over from New Orleans. So after searching reviews and checking websites, we found Marilyn Dennis. Other officiants came across cold and robotic, but when we chatted with Marilyn on the phone we knew she was the person to unite us on our wedding day. Marilyn is a peaceful and pleasant person. Her mannerisms are genuine and true. As our ceremony was non-religious but we knew we wanted many of the "stereo-typical" items to be said. Mailyn was wonderful working with us as we "cut and paste" items from many different types of ceremonies. We hope to be able to renew our vows in years to come and have Marilyn there to "join us as one" again. If you are looking for a pleasant person and someone who truly loves the love around her, Marilyn Dennis is whom you need to precide over your ceremony.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Marilyn Dennis's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. I truly enjoyed every minute of your beautiful ceremony and also working with you both. You two are the "Perfect Match".
    You wedding was Perfect!!
    I look forward to hearing from you next year.

Patty · Married on 01/25/2014

My fiance' and I wanted a small, simple ceremony and Marilyn was so great!! She made our ceremony so special and we were so impressed with her!! She is an amazing person and made our day so special!! Highly recommend her!!! Thank you so much Marilyn!!!

Sent on 01/26/2014

Marilyn Dennis's reply:

I truly enjoyed being a part of your "Special Day" you two are a beautiful couple with a "Bright" future!. Thanks for having me.

Kenneth · Married on 12/30/2013

Marilyn Dennis performed a beautiful service for me and my wife Sema, a native of Turkey, at our home in New Orleans. We waited for over year to obtain permission from the U.S. government so that we had to organize a wedding quickly once permission was granted if we were to marry this year. Marilyn graciously agreed to perform service on a Monday evening. She has a sonorous voice and beautiful manner that filled our guests and our house with love and joy. We could not have selected anyone better. Kenneth and Sema Harl

Sent on 01/01/2014

Marilyn was a great person to work with for my wedding. She was able to understand the Filipino traditions that I wanted to incorporate in my ceremony, even though she had never done it before. She made us really feel the love throughout the ceremony and is very passionate with her words. Even though I am an out of town bride from New Jersey, she was very easy to communicate with. I highly recommend working witih Marilyn.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Mrs. Marilyn was kind, friendly and very professional. I would definitely recommend her services to any bride. She made us feel comfortable and she arrived on time and dressed for the occasion. Very very very professional.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2013

My husband and I got married in New Orleans last month coming all of the way down from Nova Scotia, Canada.
    Marilyn was the perfect fit from day 1, she was so kind and helpful with the numerous questions we had due to the fact of not being from New Orleans. She was very quick with responses in email as well as text from the first day I wrote her up to an hour before the wedding.
    We changed our ceremony around a bit, and she had no problems with it at all.
    I cannot say enough great things about her, I would reccommend her to anyone I know as an officiant.
    She has a kind soul and wants to make sure your day goes off perfectly.

Thank you so much Marilyn!! We appreciate everything you did for us and helped us with, you completed our special day!

Jess & Alex MacKenzie

Sent on 11/26/2013

Sansanee · Married on 10/06/2013

Marilyn is a treasure and we are so grateful for her service! She was able to fit us into her schedule with about two weeks' notice. She provided a template for a civil ceremony which we were able to revise and include our own personal vows as well. We communicated mainly via email and she was responsive to any questions we had. This was the weekend that Tropical Storm Karen was a possible threat, but in the end we were all able to come together and the elements were no longer a concern.

We had our ceremony right by the river near the French Quarter; her husband served as one of our witnesses and even took some photos for us. Marilyn spoke with such warmth and enthusiasm and made our simple wedding so grand and moving under the open blue New Orleans sky.

We could not have hoped for a better blessing on our marriage than by having Marilyn preside over our ceremony. She has our highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Shannon · Married on 09/20/2013

Marilyn was our officiant at our New Orleans wedding, and we couldn't have chosen a more special person. She was helpful in her suggestions, she was flexible, and she was so sweet and happy for us on the day of our ceremony. Please do yourselves a favor and stop researching others - USE MARILYN, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Sent on 02/05/2014

Marilyn Dennis's reply:

Hi Shannon, thanks so much for the wonderful review. I truly enjoyed being a part of your "Special Day" and it was truly special!

Makiya · Married on 09/01/2013

Marilyn was the sweetest lady ever. She was on time and professional. She was very receptive of the changes that I wanted to make to her speech so that it was catered to my husband and I. Even afterwards she went out of her way to make sure everything was squared away.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Adr · Married on 08/17/2013

Quinton and I were blessed to have Marilyn officiate our wedding! She was so helpful in providing us details on how to obtain our marriage license being that we were from out-of-town. She was also very flexible in working our friend (who was recently ordained as a Deacon) and us writing our own vows into our ceremony. She helped soothe both Quinton and I's nerves before our ceremony and everyone complimented the sweetness and specialness of our ceremony. We highly recommend Marilyn - you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Angela · Married on 06/22/2013

Minister Marilyn was wonderful. I am so glad we chose her to do our ceremony, she did a beautiful job. From our first meeting till the day of our wedding, she was very professional & always gave a prompt response whenever I emailed her. Such a kind & caring person. I would recommend her 100%! Thank You so much!

Angela & Jimmy Clayton, Jr.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Brittany · Married on 03/23/2013

Marilyn was a dream come true! She has a gift for communicating with you, and understanding your wishes, and possesses a passionate and loving demeanor. She seemed genuinely excited to marry us, and made us feel very comfortable during the whole process. I would highly recommend her to anyone in need of an officiant.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Marilyn Dennis's reply:

Thank you so much, I truly enjoyed every minute working with you both.

Muffy · Married on 02/09/2013

Marilyn was AMAZING! My husband (thanks to Marilyn) and I live in Austin, Tx and decided to get married in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. We found Marilyn online as we had to pull off our wedding in 30 days. We did this "site unseen" you can imagine me being nervous day of since I have never met the women would be officiating my wedding. Marilyn was PERFECT. During our email correspondence she made me feel so comfortable, she was flexible, and made the ceremony so special. She is truly passionate about what see does and I hope couples to come get to experience her joy during their ceremony. Hands down she is the one to have officiant your wedding. Honestly we want to renew our same vows with her every year it was that great.

Sent on 02/18/2013

Marilyn was such a pleasure to work with. From the very beginning of the entire process, she was helpful, poignant, and very flexible, allowing us to write our own vows for no additional costs. We researched several other wedding officiants in New Orleans, and they all seemed to offer generic, inflexible, and lack-luster ceremonies. Marilyn, however, offers tailored services and a heart-felt ceremony. We are so happy we chose Marilyn!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Shellie · Married on 11/03/2012

Marilyn is truly a Louisiana gem. Having her as our officiant was really memorable and valuable at the same time. She communicates wonderfuly via email or phone and is quick in her response time. She makes any edits, changes that you need with no problem and will read any verse, poem, etc.

She is fun and light-hearted and you can tell she loves what she does! She hardly reads the verses, she knows them so well!

She will also travel anywhere and is flexible if you have a change in venue at the last minute (as we did).

Her price - very reasonable. She also helped us with our waiver! Which was a huge plus, being that we were not from LA.

Marilyn is a beautiful woman who represents her profession perfectly. The best part of our ceremony was how she presents the ceremony - she speaks with conviction, emotion and passion, making us feel, as a couple, extra special!

If you are getting married in Louisiana or in New Orleans, we would recommend Marilyn.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Aquieta · Married on 10/27/2012

Very sweet person and was a pleasure being able to meet her, on our very special day... Thanks Mr & Mrs Wroten

Sent on 10/30/2012