Waning Moon Weddings by LaToya

New Orleans, LA View map Visit website
2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$600 Typical Price

Minister LaToya of Waning Moon Weddings is a premier officiant and pre-marital coach for couples that have prioritized honoring and celebrating their unique love stories! She believes that your story is what holds the key to your excellence and your ability to create meaningful connections in each moment; in marriage and in life.

After the historical ruling on same-sex marriage by the Supreme Court in 2015 and emblazoned by her own wedding experience, LaToya decided to shake up the wedding industry standards a bit! Through her dedication to her couples, Min. LaToya has become the wedding officiant for all couples that want professional support, magical moments, comforting fun, and a genuine connection at the wedding altar.

LaToya has been featured on wedding blog sites and magazines like Brides.com, Southern Bride Magazine, Martha Stewart, Green Wedding Shoes, and New Orleans Wedding Magazine. She also served as a selected wedding officiant for season 11 of the popular LifeTime tv series, Married at First Sight.

In her debut book, Laughter at the Altar, she shares unique wedding ceremonies and unity ritual ideas. In Laughter at the Altar, she uses her experience in the spiritual wellness community and her vast insight as a professional Wedding Officiant to guide the reader through reconnecting with the spiritual element and emotion behind wedding ceremonies. Laughter at the Altar is fun to read, inspiring, and a true reflection of the joy that LaToya wants all couples to experience at the wedding altar.

As a Professional Wedding Officiant, she works to highlight the love stories and grand celebrations of couples with authentic reverence, joy, and lots of laughter.

Send in a message and see if LaToya is available to honor YOUR love story!

• Black-owned
  • LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$600

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal
Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$300

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$250

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA
DC
GA
LA
MD
MS
TX
VA

What languages do you speak?

English

Cher C. Married on 08/08/2021

A Dream Come True

Our experience with LaToya was AMAZING! From the moment that I reached out to her, until our wedding day, she was engaging, warm, and thoughtful. She has a knack for making you feel at ease and comfortable, which is something that I think we all desire when getting married! Further, the heartfelt vows that she wrote for my husband and I were such a reflection of us and the commitment that we were making to one another. She truly has a gift for what she does and I wish that every couple could experience what my husband and I did with her as our officiant!

Thank you LaToya!!

Much love,
    Bryan, Cher, Lewis, and Blue
  • Daniel
    Daniel T. Married on 07/24/2021

LaToya is simply amazing

LaToya is such an authentic person who is a true master of her craft. From our first interaction with her, we knew she was the one for our ceremony. I can't imagine our wedding without her. Thank you again!
    Beulah D. Married on 06/05/2021

She is truly AMAZING❤

Omg, I don't even know where to begin. Latoya is AMAZING. From day one and just following her on social media, I knew she was the one I wanted on my special day. Her energy is out of this world and she love to see others happy.The day of my ceremony I was running a little behind and I was devastated and when I saw her walking towards me (I swear I met a celebrity) but she made me feel at ease, she told me it happens and she just turned the worse moment in the world to the BEST. I would definitely recommend her. At the ceremony its like she knew me and my Wife our whole lives, when she does the consultation to get to know you she really listens and she uses it at the ceremony, so that makes it so much more special

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

48 photos · 04/14/2019

8620 Green St New Orleans, LA, 70118
504-732-0984

Appointment Only
Location of (Waning Moon Weddings by LaToya)

Other vendors in New Orleans for your wedding