Waning Moon Weddings by LaToya Reviews

69 Reviews for Waning Moon Weddings by LaToya

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth Ashley · Getting married on 12/31/2020

Sincerity Means Everything

From the moment we first spoke I instantly knew that LaToya and Waning Moon was the officiant service I’d been looking for the whole entire time. She has a pleasant and resourceful persona, a vibrant smile, and she brings a passionate energy with every endeavor shown through her creative pursuits to create that unique and magical moment which is your ceremony.

Sent on 01/04/2019
  • KG Price

KG Price · Married on 04/09/2020

She Captured our Love Story

Where do I start?!?! LaToya is the absolute BEST. Personable, Professional, Kind, Attentive...my list can go on. From our very first meeting LaToya listened and documented our Love story. Thankfully, she was able to accommodate a late request after initial plans changed due to Covid-19. She laughed with us, she smiled with us, she reminisced with us - she was the perfect piece to our special day. Thank you so much, LaToya...we are forever grateful!

Sent on 07/23/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Johnson · Married on 02/10/2020

Missing Piece

LaToya was the missing piece to our elopement puzzle. She was recommended by our photographer who I originally booked for engagement photos( which later and quickly turned into an elopement session) lol! I knew LaToya was the officiant for us when she personally called me to discuss what I was looking for and expecting. Her words at our ceremony were beautiful and full of life. I'm so grateful that she was our officiant and If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing. She was professional, flexible, down to earth, and there when needed. Thank you for being a part of such a special day for myself and Kristen.

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Stephanie

stephanie · Married on 12/15/2019

Amazing Officiant

I wanted an officiant that would really take the time to get to know us as a couple and who would allow us to personalize our ceremony in a way that felt authentic. LaToya was everything I dreamed and more. Her energy is unmatched. She really cares about her couples and brings such passion and professionalism to her work. She makes you feel so comfortable, like you have known her for years. My wedding wouldn't have been as special without her. She was seriously the glue that made my ceremony feel so special and unique. I am beyond grateful that she exists. Thank you, LaToya!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Janae

Janae · Married on 11/23/2019

Book today!

We were overwhelmed (along with our guests) by the uniqueness and simply how personalized our ceremony was. It was a true gift. We cannot speak highly enough of both LaToya and Sha'Condria. If you are looking for something you haven't heard before and something that represents YOUR UNION- book with them today!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Shasta

Shasta Hall · Married on 10/31/2019

Book today! You will not be disappointed!

The minute you book with LaToya you will be in great hands! LaToya goes above and betond to make sure everything runs smooth! LaToya makes sure she gets to know each of you so the ceremony is personal. We wanted short, sweet, amd to the point. LaToya made sure all our wishes were fulfilled!!! LaToya is definitely the best!!!

Sent on 11/10/2019
  • Aaron

Aaron Chiano · Married on 10/26/2019

The Ideal NOLA Officiant

Miss Latoya was an absolute delight. From the first phone call to the day of, she was on point with every detail. She made sure things were exactly as we wanted them and also made sure we had creative control for any type of addition we may have wanted to add to make our day that much more special. Anyone looking to get married in NOLA, Miss Latoya with Waning Moon Weddings is the officiant for you!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 10/26/2019

One of the best officiants out there!!

We had the pleasure of having LaToya officiate our destination wedding in New Orleans. She was referred to us by another amazing vendor, and so I knew she would be awesome. After a brief introduction and assessment via email, she set up a video conference with us to learn more about my partner and I. She was great and very professional with her questions, which helped formulate information that she could use for her script for our wedding. LaToya was also very responsive via email, which was an added assurance for us since we were planning a destination wedding.

What I loved most about working with LaToya was the specialization of our ceremony. We were able to
    Include a lot of different elements such as the use of a lasso (which my partner’s parent’s also used when they were married) and also participating in a sage blessing. It was very important for us to also include elements of our spirituality and our religion, which LaToya was able to do effortlessly.

Overall, our experience was so amazing and she really made our ceremony special. It is definitely something that will stick with us forever, and we are forever grateful to have utilized her services cof our special day.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Renee

Renee Longo · Married on 10/20/2019

Latoya of Waning Moon was Perfect for our NOLA Elopement

My husband and I wanted the perfect officiant and photographer for our NOLA elopement - thankfully we found both. NOLA holds great meaning for us and we wanted the ceremony to be personal, joyful, casual - yet professional, free-spirited, and full of love (no stress). Latoya met the challenge and provided a wonderful experience. From our initial online communications, through a video - meeting, to the service itself Latoya met every expectation. We had a wonderful ceremony - just as envisioned, and Latoya of Waning Moon was at the center.

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Desirée

Desirée Cormier · Married on 10/19/2019

The BEST officiant we could have asked for!

LaToya was AMAZING. I knew from the moment we met her and she put on Anita Baker that it was meant to be! She took the time to really get to know us as a couple and that effort was clearly reflected throughout her ceremony script, which she was kind enough to share with us about a month before the ceremony in case we wanted her to make revisions. She made the ceremony personal and funny, while still honoring our wishes to keep it God-centered. She provided suggestions for every aspect of the ceremony - including poems, readings, and Bible verses - allowing us to customize the script to our tastes. My guests are still raving about the wedding and many of them specifically noted how good the officiant was. We loved working with LaToya and would highly recommend her to any couple that's looking for an officiant to bring warmth, love, and joy to their ceremony!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Makenzie

Makenzie Glascock · Married on 09/21/2019

We were so lucky we found her!

My husband and I tend to be last minute for pretty much everything, so naturally, we dedicated an entire week to planning our wedding. Truthfully, we embraced it and wouldn't have it any other way :) I found LaToya on wedding wire, looked through some of the other reviewers photos, and just had a feeling about her! We contacted her three days before our wedding (did I mention we were last minute?), worked out the details (we had to move around the time of our ceremony which wasn't an issue), and she came through for us! We chose to do the simple elopement and it was perfect! She said all the right things! All things considered, we were so lucky we found her! I recommend her 1000 percent!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Tashombe · Married on 09/21/2019

Excellent experience

Our ceremony would not have been the same without LaToya.

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Chad

Chad · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing, Well worth every penny ..

Our experience with Waning Moon Weddings was excellent. We initially wanted some one close to the family to be the officiant for our wedding but didn't want to jump through all the hoops of figuring out how since we were planning our own. After some research, we stumbled upon this jewel. We knew from day one that she would be great for us. We spoke a few times via skype, phone, text messaging (we were coming from out of town) and every single time she just grew on us. By the time the ceremony came around, it was like she was a part of the family. She offered her services and ideas throughout the entire process. Even walked us through getting our marriage license taken care of. Gave us SEVERAL different options to choose from as far as the type of ceremony we wanted. We were able to choose and she followed through. AMAZING! BOOK HER, YOU won't regret it.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Cara Mcleod · Married on 06/15/2019

The best! Highly recommend her!

Latoya was absolutely fantastic! We really wanted someone who would get to know us as a couple and that she did! She was very personable and made us feel like she cared about getting to know us and represent us as a couple during the ceremony. She met with us in person a few times and really helped to create a lovely ceremony. She was professional, supportive and extremely helpful throughout the process and gave us plenty of options for different ceremonies/scripts. She really worked with us to create the exact ceremony we wanted and her energy and upbeat attitude made our ceremony even better! I would highly recommend Latoya to any friend or family!

Sent on 06/28/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Burrell · Married on 06/05/2019

Outstanding

My Husband and I eloped at the Botanical Garden within City Park in New Orleans. From the first phone call to the signing of our marriage license, LaToya made the entire process for us stress-free and lovely. LaToya is such a genuine soul. She summed up our relationship beautifully with her thoughtfully chosen words during our wedding ceremony. We will never forget how beautiful our day was. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 06/13/2019

Christen Ramsey-Williams · Married on 05/31/2019

Excellent!!

I would recommend LaToya and WaningMoon Weddings to any couple that is getting married.

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Jazzmen

Jazzmen Knodeder · Married on 05/23/2019

Perfect elopement in New Orleans!

After months of stop-and-go planning, my partner and I tabled our wedding plans because we quickly realized that we had no desire to plan a traditional wedding and reception. We called vendors, we got quotes, we even visited venues. But still, we knew that planning a wedding for other people wasn’t what we truly wanted. We scrapped our plans for a wedding and decided to elope. Once we decided to elope, we picked a city...NEW ORLEANS! It checked all the boxes for us: food! cool tours! history! great music! We happened to find LaToya after googling vendors in Louisiana and everything else fell into place. We initially contacted LaToya in April 2019 to start the process for our May 2019 elopement. In the month that we worked with her, LaToya was responsive to emails, texts and calls and we were able to quickly schedule our initial consultation and a follow-up planning meeting. Her survey asked very thoughtful questions about us as a couple, helped her get to know us and set the tone for the type of ceremony we wanted. The end result was a sweet and intimate elopement in City Park that reflected our personality and our vision for our big day. Thank you, LaToya.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Katelyn Black · Married on 03/09/2019

Heartfelt ceremony

My husband and I loved working with LaToya. She positively radiates joy and support. It was important for us to have an officiant who would hear our story, hold on to it, and share in our joy. She did exactly that. I was a bit nervous because, due to my schedule, we had to meet 7 months before our wedding to talk about our ceremony. But when she sent us our script before the wedding we were so pleased. and on the day of her joy was palpable! We had a little bit of a hiccup in the middle of the ceremony (mine and my husband's fault entirely...haha) and she handled it like a pro - many of the guests hardly noticed :). We also had so many guests asking how we met LaToya and how long we'd been friends! That's a true testament to her lovely presence at our ceremony. You can tell from your first interaction with her that she loves what she does.

Sent on 05/13/2019

Amber · Married on 02/03/2019

The absolute best!!!

LaToya is so amazing at what she does. She is professional, personable, and just radiates positive vibes. You can tell she truly loves what she does and puts everything she can into giving you the best experience possible. She performed a beautiful ceremony for us which included a sage blessing and our salt circle ritual. After the ceremony as an intimate moment between my husband and I, she also performed a crystal grid with us, which I absolutely recommend. It was the icing on the cake to our very special day. She really went above and beyond to provide us with the most meaningful and positive experience. I cannot recommend her enough. If you are getting married in New Orleans and want the very best, she is the officiant for you!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Shannon Dempsey · Married on 01/19/2019

Professional, fun, and just overall perfect

So glad our planner recommended Waning Moon. We knew LaToya would be perfect after our first meeting with her. She is warm, friendly, and picks out the best parts of your story tailoring her script to your liking. She was also super helpful walking us through the marriage licence process since we had no idea how it worked. Such a relief when coming from out of state on a tight timeline. We loved our ceremony and really appreciate everything LaToya did for us. We could not recommend her enough.

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Alana

Alana McGeehan · Married on 01/10/2019

If you love fun and sincerity, book Waning Moon Weddings!

When my original wedding ceremony plans fell through, the best twist of fate led me to LaToya of Waning Moon Weddings!!

I adored her from the first moment we spoke, her sincerity and love for what she does shined even through the phone. Latoya was professional, organized and communicated clearly while I planned a secret New Orleans elopement from 1600 miles away.

During our short but oh so sweet ceremony in Pirates Alley, there was laughter and tears from all three of us. Latoya went above and beyond to create a ceremony that reflected us as a couple and made us feel so comfortable and loved! After the ceremony Latoya revealed the most wonderful surprise..the handful of family and friends who knew about our wedding had sent letters of love and support for us to Latoya's office to be read on our wedding day!! And the icing on the cake was Latoya jumping in as the 'grand marshal' of our second line parade, literally ushering us into the newest chapter of our lives!!

LaToya was the perfect piece to our wedding puzzle!! I cannot thank her enough for the memories she played a part in creating!!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Callie H · Married on 01/05/2019

Waning Moons is perfect!

LaToya is nothing short of amazing! My (now husband) and I had recently moved to the North Shore and were going at planning our wedding totally blind not knowing what vendors/venues were the "best". I found Waning Moon on "The Knot" and was immediately taken by the pictures from their past events. My husband and I met with LaToya a few weeks before our ceremony (if you can meet in person - do so!!) and knew LaToya was the perfect fit right then and there. She is so personable and really understood what vibe we were aiming for on our big day. At our ceremony, LaToya was seriously amazing - she had us laughing, she had us *almost* crying (couldn't mess up the makeup!), and she was perfectly able to tie in our inside jokes and quirkiness. Everyone who came to our ceremony had nothing but praises to sing at how amazing LaToya was! I'm so pleased that she was our officiant :)

Sent on 01/15/2019

Mia · Married on 12/29/2018

Stewart wedding

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience with Latoya from Waning Moon Weddings. She was very personable as well as professional. We had no idea what it would be like to use an officiant service and are so happy to have found her. She made us feel very comfortable, got to know our story in a short time and the ceremony felt as if she had known us forever.

Sent on 01/07/2019

Eric Morin · Married on 11/10/2018

Waning Moon Warmth

My now wife and I found LaToya and Waning Moon Weddings while looking for an officiant to perform a secular ceremony for our wedding in New Orleans. We couldn't be happier with our discovery. From our initial conversation with LaToya, we knew we were in good hands.

LaToya really took the time to understand Heather and me, our relationship, and our vision for our wedding day. After meeting her in person a few weeks before the ceremony, we were gifted a beautiful and personal script. Making minor edits was seamless and easy, as LaToya was responsive and understanding.

The ceremony was performed by Ellenie -- and she couldn't have been better. Speaking with her prior to the ceremony, we felt the warmth and calm she would ultimately bring to the ceremony. On the ceremony day, Ellenie was nothing but professional, loving and reaffirming. We could not recommend Waning Moon Weddings more!

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • Riane

Riane · Married on 11/09/2018

Absolutely Perfect

LaToya was super sweet, warm, down to earth and executed our ceremony flawlessly. She took everything we asked for and delivered the best wedding ceremony. It was short, sweet, personal, and intimate. Absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2018