Lumen Photography Reviews

9 | Hopkins, MN

9 Reviews for Lumen Photography

Kelly · Married on 08/18/2018

Lumen Photography was fantastic to work with! We had a very experienced wedding party, and got so many compliments on how great Evan + team were to work with. The photos are amazing, and Evan made sure throughout the day that we got everything we needed.

Mike · Married on 10/10/2015

Our experience with Lumen Photography was incredible. Evan and his staff was a pleasure to work with. They struck the perfect balance between capturing all the pictures we wanted as well some great suggestions my wife and I otherwise would not have thought of. All of the pictures of the venue and times where we were not present were perfect. The pictures turned out absolutely stunning. We are so happy to have such quality pictures to recap our special day.

Jess · Married on 06/02/2015

Lumen Photography is AMAZING!! Evan is a true artist, a true professional, and a truly great person. My husband and I had such an awesome time during our shoot and the pictures are STUNNING. Evan was happy to try our suggestions and was full of really great ideas that I wouldn't have come up with and hadn't seen before.

We had a destination wedding in early June in Washington State in a rather adventurous setting- on a huge rock outcropping overhanging a river out in the mountains. Evan had really terrific ideas and was so game. Our family and friends had a great time with the pictures as well- even the little ones gave Evan smiles in the midst of tired toddler fussing. Everything was fun, easy, and really top-notch.

I cannot more highly recommend Lumen Photography- no matter where you are planning your wedding! The whole experience, from communication, to planning, the photo shoot, the pictures, and the photographer himself: SUPERB!!

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2014

For people who care about incredible photography that truly captures you as a couple, having a professional who knows their stuff AND makes photo-taking easy/fun, and getting a quick turnaround... Evan (and Lumen) is your guy.

I never worried - Evan thinks steps ahead of you to make sure everything goes smoothly so his role is to capture beautiful AND candid moments. He gracefully balances the line of taking the technical and creative work seriously while also being relaxed and fun.

Seeing the highlights from my wedding FOUR days ago, I tear up because he has taken our breath away by capturing our love and joy in these photos. He is worth the investment - between these and our fun engagement photos, I would choose Lumen over and over again.

Jessica · Married on 04/15/2014

Evan was a complete joy to work with. We scheduled at the last minute and he was willing to change his schedule to meet our needs. We couldn't have asked for a nicer, more professional man who makes you feel as if you've known him your whole life. I would absolutely recommend Lumen Photography to my friends and family.

Laura · Married on 12/31/2013

I cannot say enough good things about working with Evan. My husband isn't much for taking photos, but Evan made our whole wedding photo experience run smoothly and zero anxiety. Our engagement session was in February, and Evan didn't hesitate to lay down in the snow and be outside in the freezing cold to get the perfect pictures. If that wasn't enough, our wedding was on New Year's Eve, and it was -1, and Evan was still up for outdoor photos! (And those outdoor photos have come to be some of my favorites!) He impressed our families and wedding party by quickly learning, remembering and using everyone's names (and I have a huge family!) Our friends loved that he was personable, chatting with them and capturing lots of sweet moments, both candid and posed. Evan is incredibly talented, and anyone considering working with him should honestly look no further! You will not find anyone who cares more about making sure your day is all about YOU, and the words "up for anything" barely scratch the surface of this man's creativity. I am excited to work with Evan again in the future!

Carrie · Married on 11/30/2013

My husband and I agreed that when it came to our wedding, it was imperative that our wedding pictures capture the love and craziness of our large blended family. We wanted to ensure that our photos were unique to us, and more importantly, weren't average. We knew when we saw Evan's website that he was the one; and we were so lucky he was able to travel to Denver, CO to shoot our wedding photos.

We were married at The Denver Art Museum, and when it was picture time he had fabulous ideas for amazing photos. He had found the best available spots for our dress, ring, family and couple photos, and we didn't have to do a thing but show up and smile.

Everyone at the wedding, over and over, kept telling us how much they liked Evan and how comfortable he made them feel. There is no understating how nice it was to hear that from all of our guests and not have to worry about directing Evan. He knew what we wanted and made sure it was done. Such a relief!

And most importantly, when we got the pictures we were beyond thrilled. There were just so many that were amazing. Fabulous shots that captured our kids, the beauty of the venue, and the happiness we felt about one another and the family and friends that surrounded us on such a special day. Evan was the perfect photographer for us, and anyone would be so lucky to have him as their photographer for any occasion.

Thank you Evan!

Sincerely,
    The Stewarts

3.5

Evan captured our wedding day to perfection! He also remembered everyone's name in our wedding party (over 20 people)!

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

I have high standards for photography - and Evan went above and beyond. I love his style, his authentic passion for his work, his love for people! Count on your day being better after working with this one. AND then the photos - all I can say is WOW. He is truly a master at his craft - and manages to capture personality + beauty all in one.