Lightwork Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • Cindy
    Cindy T. Getting married on 08/05/2022

Amazing concern, care, and customer service!

The whole team is amazing! I was blown away with the quality of work and services. It is a huge relief that the whole day is unlimited. I truly appreciate all of the effort Susan has put into answering questions and working with us. I trust this team and appreciate all they have to offer! I can't wait to take our engagement photos!
  • Lauren
    Lauren T. Married on 12/04/2020

Fantastic Photographer!

We booked Susan and Ross after meeting them at a bridal expo in early 2020. Though we had to reschedule due to Covid, Susan made the process easy and painless. Before the wedding, she laid out our whole timeline and thought of every detail so that we knew exactly where we needed to be and when, which made the wedding day so smooth.
    As far as the actual wedding, Susan and Ross are definitely people you want to spend all day with! I never realized how much time you are spending with your photographers – we were with them from noon until close to midnight and had an absolute blast with them. Even members of the bridal party and wedding guests were telling me how great they were. They stayed until the end of the wedding and captured some truly amazing shots, including perfectly recreating some dream shots my husband and I had sent as inspiration.
    5 weeks later, we got 1400+ photos, and I cannot stop looking at them! I can’t believe how quickly she was able to send us our photos, and I cannot get over how much I love them. I would 100% recommend Lightwork to anyone looking for a photographer who does amazing work while also being so fun to hang out with!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing team!!

Susan, Jen, and Ross are an amazing team! I was so fortunate to have had them for our engagement pictures and wedding! They have been a pleasure to work with from start to finish. All down to earth good people. And of course they take beautiful pictures for an amazing value! They were there all day too which was fantastic and what I wanted when picking photographers! We cannot wait to see our wedding pictures!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer I. Married on 05/30/2019

Excellent Wedding Experience

Susan and Ross were awesome. Made location recommendations and prior to our wedding day they took the time to visit a couple parks with us so we could make the best decision for memorable photos. They traveled to the location where we were getting dressed prior. They were very attentive during our reception. Whenever my wife and I were talking with a group we would look up and Susan was right there to capture the moment. Any other group photos we wanted to take all we did was call them over and they were happy to accommodate. They were always open for what poses we wanted to make our pictures very special. They were very flexible with pricing according to what you actually want to purchase. Their packages were not set in stone. I would highly recommend them for your wedding.

Lightwork Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! We had a lovely time at your wedding, and we're so glad that you had a good experience with us. You've been wonderful to work with. Congratulations to both of you!
  • Margaret
    Margaret Married on 03/30/2019

Fun, Efficient and Flexible!

Lightwork Photography is the absolute best! Not only were they flexible, courteous and extremely professional but they put my mind at ease every step of the way – which is hard to accomplish with a lot of brides!! (I plan weddings so I know!) Thank you to the team again!!
    Rachel S. Married on 07/15/2018

Incredible.

Susan came highly recommended and her performance did not disappoint. From the start we felt very comfortable with her, as she explained the entire process in detail and was prompt and thorough in responding to our questions throughout the process. My husband and I were very appreciative of her candor about the logistics of photography on such a busy day as a wedding, and we were able to work with her to craft a realistic schedule that allowed adequate time to achieve truly stunning results with the shots most important to us. She and her team were kind, professional, and most considerate of our needs and desires on our big day. Our album and images came out beautifully; her mastery of light and photography was worth every penny. We recommend her without reservation.
    James W. Married on 05/12/2018

A great team to work with

Susan and her team were incredible! They were professional, fun, and really had some great ideas for some really creative photos for our wedding. Throughout the whole process, Lightwork Photography was involved, responsive, and generally all around amazing.
    Heather Married on 10/29/2017
    I just want to start off by saying Susan and Jen are amazing! My fiancé and I booked our venue and in their brochure Lightwork was one of their preferred vendors which helped me with my search. Their pictures were beautiful, but the thing that caught my eye was their time for your day is unlimited. I have always said I want a photographer from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. Haha. Photographers that I have come across usually only work in 6-8 hour blocks which clearly means they'll miss out on something. Lightwork also had a photo booth available for an extremely decent price which was also for as long as I needed it. So I used wedding wire to request information and I received an email from Susan within an hour or so. She did let me know that they are workin on a new website, but because they have been so busy with shooting it hasn't been completed. To me that was a good thing to hear that they are busy. She did direct me to their Facebook page which had beautiful and more recent photos...that included pictures from our venue. We set up an appointment for that weekend and I am so glad I did. Their studio was a bit hard to find, but they were so helpful in getting me there and met me at the door. Our first meeting I did have to go alone, but I felt so comfortable with them it was if I was meeting with old friends. So much so that our meeting went well into two hours. They were very thorough in explaining their packages and showing me different pictures from their recent and past weddings. I was so thrilled that I set up another appointment so my fiancé could meet with them. I knew I had to have them. We are very early in the wedding planning, but Susan and Jen didn't make me feel silly for booking them for our wedding for October 2017. We got such a great price for the wedding and engagement shoot and also the photo booth we added. I am so pleased and I've already been recommending them to all of my friends and family!
    Nikki Married on 07/15/2017
    Lightwork is absolutely amazing! Susan helped tremendously with the timeline of the wedding day and made sure to get all the shots I wanted. Jenn is an amazing all around person. She made our save-the-dates and even the graphics for our Photo Booth pictures. Jenn even sewed my dress back together when it ripped at the reception. Ross also did an excellent job helping out and managing the Photo Booth! I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!
  • User2644344 2+ years ago
    I am soooo happy. I can not being to tell you how awesome Susan and Jen are. We haven't had our wedding yet but I'm already confident that this review will hold true until the end. They make you feel like you are their only client. Quick responses, extremely helpful, and very friendly. We had our engagement shoot just a week ago. They gave tons of recommendations for the location with heartfelt reasons as to the pros and cons of each. She even gave fashion advice and offered to look at photos of our outfits if we couldn't figure it out. They even got my fiancé to loosen up and actually enjoy the shoot. Quite an accomplishment. I haven't seen my photos yet but I'm confident they will be awesome. I've seen their work and I know they will come through. Stop thinking, just book. FYI they don't accept a ton of clients to give you a personal feel. I originally got rejected but then I changed my date and they were available. Woohoo!
    Nicole Married on 08/27/2016
    Susan and Jen were an absolute delight to work with. They make you feel comfortable from the first interaction with them. Their pictures are stunning and their flexibility with scheduling and locations made them an easy yes for us. During the wedding planning process Lightwork Pholotography was easy and kept it simple. They took the time to learn our personalities and what was important to us for our big day. They were with us from early morning to late night and captured beautiful pictures and managed to get our dog in a bunch. My advice to anyone looking for a photographer and have stumbled upon Lightwork Photography, look no further because no one can give you what this group will.
    Amanda Married on 05/28/2016
    Sue is great and really listens to you! We booked with Jen, who came out to our apartment in a snow storm and brought all these albums and samples. Great group to work with. I am anxiously awaiting my photos! Thank you Sue!
    Stefanie Married on 10/31/2015
    I don't know where to begin because I have so many great things to say about Lightwork Photography. I came across Lightwork Photography at a Bridal Expo. My dad spotted them and waved me down telling me he thinks I should book them. Susan spent a great deal speaking with me at the Bridal Expo and I insistently knew they were the best for the job. The work they do is amazing and beautiful! Susan and Jen are so down to earth and funny, they made the whole experience fantastic. I did my engagement shoot with Jen around Christmas 2014 and I wanted to get my Save the Dates out before Christmas since we were doing a Christmas greeting save the date. Jen was so fast on the turnover with this it was unbelievable. She was great to work with and we had an extremely cloudy day, even with the overcast my pictures came out amazing. You would never know how gloomy it was that day. After seeing the work Jen did for my engagement shoot, I knew no matter what obstacle I hit the day of my wedding, Lightwork Photography could handle it. I am an organized person and so is Susan, so it made my wedding planning experience very easy. I had a very big wedding, so there were a lot of moving parts. Susan was my point person. Besides being my photographer she ran the day for me and made sure everyone was where they should be. I also booked the Photobooth with Lightwork Photography and my guests loved it. You also get an album after the reception with the photo strips. You even design how you want the strip to look. Of course that was the one thing I forgot to bring to the wedding, my photo album. I was so bummed, but it wasn't the end of the world. I still received the strips and I put them in an album afterwards, but Ross will do it that night for you and you leave with it at the end of the night. Speaking of Ross, he is the best. All three are and you will not be disappointed with their service. Lightwork now became my family photographer my parents loved them so much.
    Caitin Married on 10/24/2015
    Jen and Jo were so great on our wedding day! I know we are going to have beautiful pictures and I can't wait to get them back!
  • User2256793 2+ years ago
    We used Lightwork Photography for our wedding and are so pleased with their services. They were attentive to all of our needs, request, and we loved that we had 3 photographer to shoot every possible moment at our wedding. Everyone was beyond nice, honest, and accommodating to any of our requests. We can't wait to get our album and see the beautiful photos from our special day.
  • User2381633 2+ years ago
    Susan and Jen are absolutely amazing. They drove an hour to meet my husband and I for our initial consultation with all of their books for us to look at. Their work is absolutely incredible. They are reasonably priced and go above and beyond for their clients. The day of my wedding they were very punctual and did what they could to ease my nerves and take away my worry about the cloudy and somewhat rainy weather. They took the pictures that we asked them to (and then some) but also understood that it was our wedding day and it was not all about pictures. They helped me bustle and un bustle my dress whenever it needed to be done. The pictures we stunning and will make for great memories. If you are looking for an amazing photographer look no further because they are the real deal.
    Mary Married on 06/13/2015
    Susan, Jo, Ross, and Jen are very talented and professional. They took photographs for the engagement, save the date, portrait, wedding, and reception. We could not have asked for better photographs. They understood the vision we had and made suggestions to make sure that we got the best possible photographs, which were more beautiful than we had imagined possible.

Looking at the photographs, you would never know it was in the high 90s for the portrait, wedding, and reception. Being able to recognize the exact second to take a picture only comes with talent and experience. The albums will be treasured by us and generations to come. I would never trust anyone other than Susan and Lightwork Photography to capture our special moments.

Melissa Married on 05/16/2015
    Susan, Jen and Ross from Lightwork Photography truly captured every amazing moment of our wedding day! The photos are exactly what we wanted...I gave some "pinterest" inspired ideas that they made sure were taken. We even had a photo booth for the reception...that was a big hit.

We had an engagement session that was included in the photography package. That was a fun opportunity to get familiar with how they work. They are true professionals and good at what they do. It's obvious that they love their jobs.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 11/08/2014
    Lightwork Photography did a great job capturing our day! There are so many great pictures for us to choose from. The photo booth was a great hit and both Susan and Jen went above and beyond through the day to lend a helping hand if need be!
  • User1738192 2+ years ago
    Susan, Jen, and Ross did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! We found Lightwork at a bridal show and hiring them for our engagement session and wedding was the easiest wedding decision we made. Their work is beautiful and they made us feel comfortable and confident right away. The are extremely responsive (if you have a million questions like I did) and they really take the time to get to know you before they photograph your wedding. Our engagement photos were beautiful and I can't wait to see our wedding photos!
    Eva Married on 09/27/2013
    Susan, Joe and Jen are all great to work with! They were so calm, cool and organized which put me at ease. I knew right away that they were good people and were great at their job! We met twice before the wedding to go over what shots I wanted, important timelines, etc. They went above and beyond to stick to my timelines and make my day flow smoothly. They even helped bustle my dress when my mom and I couldnt do it :) 100% recommend!
    Angela Married on 06/08/2013
    Susan, Joe, and their team are great! They took all the shots I wanted and made sure everything went smoothly. I can't wait to see the pictures!
    Jessica Married on 04/06/2013
    Susan and her band of experienced photographers are great at what they do! They listen to your wants and needs along with making sure they know the traditional shots expected from a wedding. They are fun, energetic, and easy to work with. I worked with Susan, Jen, and Joe for my wedding and has great time the entire day knowing they were getting the shots I asked for. They try not to be intrusive while making sure you are on schedule with your photos. These are a great bunch of people to work with if you are looking for your wedding photographers to enjoy taking photos of the day just as much as you enjoy making the memories from it!
    Laura Married on 03/02/2013
    A friend of mine recommended Lightwork Photography to me when they were running a Groupon deal and I am so glad I went with them! Working with Susan and Jen and the rest of the team was AMAZING! They were very understanding with what we wanted and very accommodating. They had amazing ideas as far as our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Our wedding pictures were finished quickly and they came out so beautiful. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. I get so many compliments and always tell people LIGHTWORK PHOTOGRAPHY! They were a real pleasure - great crew!
    Heather Married on 12/01/2012
    My husband and I discovered Lightwork Photography through a Groupon special that was running, and it was the best purchase we ever made through Groupon! Susan, Jen, and the rest of the team were patient, professional, creative, and very flexible on our special day, and captured our wedding perfectly. We are EXTREMELY impressed with the quality of the photos, and have received countless compliments. Our small apartment is covered in wedding photos, and they are absolutely breathtaking. My family and I could not be any happier with the results from Lightwork Photography, and cannot wait to work with this great team again in the future.

Heather & Cesar Torres