Kelly Vasami Photography Reviews

39 | Pelham, NY

39 Reviews for Kelly Vasami Photography

Sarah Melrose Reid · Married on 09/22/2018

AMAZING and Professional with a sense of fun and calmness.

Kelly and her team were an absolute dream to work with and we highly recommend them to anyone. They were able to capture every picture we wanted and pictures we will treasure for the rest of our lives! Thank you Kelly and your team for everything, you truly made our wedding amazing that we can relive everyday through your incredible pictures.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Jenna · Married on 07/14/2017

How do I begin to share how wonderful Kelly Vasami is? She is simply brilliant - as my new mother in law put it, a "master of her art." I am beyond thrilled with Kelly's work! There are a few important things I think every bride and groom and decision-maker needs to know. 1) Kelly is so warm, extremely pleasant to work with, but also very professional. This balance is absolutely critical because she gets the job done while bringing a seriousness and while maintaining her warmth. That is no easy feat!! 2) She is assertive in just the right way - she wastes no time and knows how to use every second of the day (that we all know goes by in a flash.) For example, she can direct a room full of family members to efficiently take formal shots, which not every photographer is capable of doing with such finesse. And while she's assertive getting to all the right spots and angles, she's also completely surreptious as she works and blends right in to the crowd. Incredible talent to do that! 3) Finally and most importantly, she is simply an amazing photographer!! She captured every moment - portraits, the emotion wrapped up in all the reactions, details of paper and flowers, guests dancing, ecstatic faces in the hora chairs, etc. She put together the story of our day in an amazing way and sent us a slideshow to show all of her favorite moments - there are winners after winners! Additionally, the forecast for my wedding day was "severe thunderstorms" - I was upset and emailed Kelly out of concern - she wrote back the most wonderful, empathetic note, assuring me that it would be the day of my dreams and that in her years of photographing even on the rainiest of days she had a window of opportunity outside and would watch the weather like a hawk to make sure she could find a little greenery for us. I can't tell you what this note meant. On top of being a master of her art, she's an incredible wedding partner and I and my whole family would recommend her wholeheartedly! J&J

Sent on 08/22/2017

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Jenna & Jason! Your wedding was such a fantastic day to be a part of! Sooo happy you had that beautiful outdoor ceremony overlooking the Hudson River and got so lucky with the weather! I'm honored that you chose Kelly Vasami Photography to capture the memories of your perfect wedding day, thank you.

Jacki · Married on 05/06/2017

As the parents of the bride, we can't say enough about Kelly Vasami. From the moment my daughter and her fiancé met Kelly, they knew she was the photographer they wanted to work with. Not only did they hire her for their wedding day, Kelly also met them at Longwood Gardens in Philadelphia to take their engagement photos. Kelly is calm and relaxed, and her demeanor is contagious - she helped everyone to relax and enjoy the day. Kelly capture all of the photos that my daughter and her husband wanted, but also captured unique candid shots. She is extremely talented and is a pleasure to work with. The photos she took are extraordinary. Family and friends have been raving about them. We can't thank Kelly enough. We look forward to the next big life event so that we can work with Kelly again. If you have a special event coming up, Kelly is the one that will help make the memories of that day last a lifetime. She is TOP notch. Thank you Kelly for being part of our daughter's BIG day.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness Jacki what a wonderfully heartfelt and lovely review! Thank you so much for all of your beautiful kind words -- I am nearly in tears of gratitude reading this! It was my absolute pleasure to capture your daughters wedding. What a beautiful day to remember! Thank you for choosing to work with me and my team -- can't wait to see you again!

Brittany · Married on 05/06/2017

I can't begin to say enough good things about working with Kelly! Hiring Kelly for my wedding photography was one of the best decisions I made during my wedding planning process. She was so kind, calm, accommodating, and caring. She even drove down to PA, where my husband and I live, to do our engagement photographs. The images she captured of our wedding day are so amazing, and I am so happy to be able to have these memories captured in such beautiful photographs. We have received so many compliments on our wedding photos! I would highly recommend Kelly to anyone looking for wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed! (Brittany and Jason)

Sent on 06/17/2017

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Brittany & Jason thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a pleasure photographing your beautiful wedding for you and your wonderful families! You made my job so easy and enjoyable!

Kristin · Married on 04/08/2017

Kelly was incredible to work with. Here photos are so beautiful that I knew I had to work with her for my wedding day. Kelly was better than I could have imaged! She accommodated my schedule as an out of town bride, scoped out the church with my mom to make sure we were taking photos in the best possible places, came up with a backup plan if it rained, made sure we got every photo we wanted and help suggest photos and I hadn't even thought of. The pictures are incredible! She captured all of the joy of our wedding and I am so thankful to have worked with her!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Kristin! It was a pleasure photographing your beautiful wedding! You and Brian are such a fun sweet couple!

Christina · Married on 03/19/2016

Positive experience with Kelly Vasami Photography. I’m the beginning stages of wedding planning and Kelly immediately put me at ease. She took great care in getting to know me in our initial meeting, asked questions to see what kind of style we were looking for, and reviewed her portfolio of past clients in careful detail. I’m a big fan of Kelly and her work, but ultimately went with another studio for monetary reasons. If my circumstances were different, I would have absolutely gone with Kelly as she is a seasoned professional and has a fun, personal demeanor. I hope to work with her in the future.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! It was awesome meeting with you and I wish you all the best as you plan your wedding!

Kelly is an absolute joy to work with. Her pictures are truly beautiful!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Yay thank you so much! XOXO -Kelly

Jenn · Married on 06/19/2015

It was a pleasure working with Kelly! From the minute we met her during our first meeting until the wedding, she was professional, accomodating, always made us feel comfortable and a joy to work with! Her photographs captured every special moment on our wedding day and even more! She was able to get pictures of us, our friends and family that told the story of our amazing day without being intrusive or too posed. She was our favorite vendor to work with and worth every penny!!! I will be recommending Kelly for many years to come.

Sent on 07/05/2015

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness what a sweet review, thank you so much Jenn! I loved being a part of your beautiful wedding!

JoAnn · Married on 10/05/2013

Kelly was absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. She captured every single smile, laugh, dance and much more so beautifully. Her photos are unique and beyond stunning. She has a great can do personality which was so helpful when the stress of wedding planning starts to kick in. If we had to do it all over again we would still pick Kelly as our photographer!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks JoAnn! You and Ralph had such a wonderful unforgettable beautiful wedding! It was my pleasure to photograph it for you!!

Antonella · Married on 09/21/2013

I was thrilled to have Kelly Vasami as our wedding photographer. When I first met her, it was obvious she puts so much thought,creativity, and love into work. The small details matter just as much as the big and you see it in her photos. Our family and friends were so happy to be able to see all the beautiful photos on line, it was wonderful to share with everyone!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Antonella! It was a pleasure to capture your gorgeous wedding for you and Jed!

Maureen · Married on 08/24/2013

Kelly captured all the amazing moments of our big day and she is a complete pleasure to work with throughout the whole experience. I appreciate all she's done for my husband and I and we are so lucky to have these amazing pictures to share with our family and friends and to look back on the years to come.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks Maureen! You and Michael had such a fun and fantastic wedding!! I also appreciated you recommending me to your sister for her wedding - always great to see your wonderful family again!

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2013

I couldn't imagine having anyone more perfect on our wedding day! Kelly was such a joy to work with, while she is professional, she is a ton of fun to work with! Beyond her personality, she has such a gift. Honestly, she is worth every penny. It was definitely more than I was hoping to spend, but the only thing you walk away with on your wedding day is a husband, your memories and the photos. There was nothing I didn't get captured either by request or on her own accord. I was surprised by all the details in my wedding she captured that I didn't even know were there! I couldn't be more thankful for choosing her, she gave me something irreplaceable, and so dear to my heart. I can't wait to show our children one day these photos. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much Kelly.

Sent on 07/23/2013

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Jennifer thank you so much for your kind heartfelt words! They mean so much to me! Thank you for choosing to work with me for your beautiful wedding!

Patricia · Married on 09/22/2012

My photographs for our engagement pictures and our wedding are absolutly stunning. Kelly was amazing to work with throughout the entire process!!! I was reccommended to her from a friend and i am so happy to use her. We got our wedding gallery mailed to us so quickly and she even sent us a sneak peak to share with family and friends while we were on our honeymoon!! She is amazing and very passionate about her work!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Trish! Thank you so much! It was awesome working with you and Ross! You had SUCH a fun wedding!! :)

Kellie · Married on 09/08/2012

I was one of those brides who truly believes that the photographer is the most important vendor for a wedding day. That being said, Kelly Vasami was the first photographer I met with and we clicked right away. She had the warmest personality, her samples were crisp and beautiful and she was super passionate about her craft.

I did, however, meet with 10 other photographers to satisfy my curiosity. In each of my subsequent meetings I left saying, "He/She was good, but no Kelly Vasami." I stand by that sentiment to this day.

Kelly worked with my husband and I on our Central Park engagement session and it was a ton of fun and the photos were simply amazing and beautiful. And of course Kelly photographed my wedding with her wonderful assistant and the photos are just so beautiful. I look forward to starting a family and using Kelly again. I would recommend her without hesitation. You will not be disappointed! She is talented, creative, sweet, thoughtful and just the best photog out there!!!

Kellie and Keegan

Sent on 08/06/2013

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Oh Kellie you know how special your wedding was to me! You and Keegan are two of my favorite people ever. Your wedding was beyond beautiful. SO much love!!
  • O

Matt · Married on 05/25/2012

If you're like I was at this point in the planning, you have looked through the online portfolios of dozens and dozens of photographers and are almost bleary-eyed from trying to figure out what photographer you want to trust with photos of one of the biggest days of your life. You've found some that are just terrible, some that are too stuffy, and some that have too much variability from one wedding to the next. If that's where you are, go click through Kelly's blog right now. When my fiance and I found her blog, we clicked through it for literally hours, and were amazed by how every wedding was as perfectly photographed as the next. We met with her soon after, and her down-to-earth, fun nature combined with her portfolio (and maybe a little combined with her choice in sports-team-based dog name), we knew we wanted her to shoot our wedding. Leading up to our wedding day, I would come home from work and often the dinner conversation would be "did you see Kelly's latest blog? So awesome. I can't wait for her to shoot ours!" Well the day came, and she and her assistant Mark were awesome to work with. He fit right in with the guys getting ready, and Kelly fit right in with the girls. I almost can't tell you how they related to anyone the rest of the evening, because they became what one of our bridesmaids referred to as "photo ninjas". The were amazing at making all the guests feel like the were just part of the scenery, and nobody felt like they were in the way or staging photos. We got the proofs from Kelly the other day (before we were even back from the honeymoon!), and I know this word gets thrown around a lot... but they were perfect. It was such an amazing feeling for both of us to have become such big fans of Kelly's work and then to be able to be the subjects on the best day of our lives. We both just feel so lucky to have had Kelly as our photographer. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Wow Matt thanks for the awesome in-depth review! You and Jane are awesome and it was so great photographing your wedding for you two! (I gotta update that blog!)

Suzanne · Married on 12/20/2011

Kelly was amazing. We wanted a very simple private City Hall Wedding, but still wanted photos to remember the day. She not only provided us with wonderful pictures to remember the day & to share with friends & family, but she served as our witness. Thanks Kelly! xoxo

Sent on 01/30/2012

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Suzanne, it was an honor to photograph your intimate and beautiful wedding ceremony for you and Booth! Thank you!!

Megg · Married on 10/22/2011

I can't speak highly enough of Kelly Vasami! Not only is her work absolutely beautiful and she and her team of utmost professionalism, but she was an absolute pleasure to work with from the day I contacted her to potentially photograph our wedding straight through today as we (still) work on our album! She was extremely friendly and thorough in our meetings prior to the date, making sure she knew any important details of the day and made sure that we would be happy with what she captured. We were faced with a difficult situation - our original wedding date was August 28th, 2011 and two days before the big day, Hurricane Irene threatened the east coast with dangerous weather, forcing us to cancel the original day and postpone two months. Kelly was extremely flexible, helpful, kind and understanding as we understandably went through one of the roughest days of our lives attempting to piece an entirely new wedding together just before our honeymoon. When the new date finally arrived, Kelly was an absolute joy - everyone in both of our families commented on how kind and easy she was to work with - she is clearly great with young children and did everything she could to get our two year old niece's attention and keep her engaged for photos (thus inadvertently forcing most of the adults to hold back giggles as well!) When we received the proofs to review, we couldn't believe the quality and volume of options we received - Kelly was a great person to be around when we were interacting directly with her for formal and planned photos, but she and her assistant were so discreet and took such amazing observational/photojournalistic images that we don't even remember noticing them during our special moments! No request was too ridiculous and we were never once told no, and we go absolutely everything we wanted and then some by hiring Kelly for our wedding. We absolutely love her work and Kelly herself, and cannot recommend her highly enough for any future brides out there!

Sent on 04/19/2012

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thanks you so much Megg! You were such a beautiful bride!! It was a pleasure working with you and your families, and being a part of your special day.

Megan · Married on 10/23/2010

I first saw Kelly's work at my cousins wedding in NY. She blended right into the wedding, I hardly noticed her taking all the amazing pictures. But when I saw the final results I knew I had to have her photograph my wedding. Kelly traveled from NY to MA for my wedding and I was beyond thrilled with the results. I didn't worry about a thing. She got to my house and went right to work, I loved that when I saw the proofs I had no idea that she captured certain things and I was overjoyed that she did. You cant be everywhere at your own wedding but Kelly managed to be.

Not only is Kelly an amazing photographer but I felt like I was working with a friend, someone I had know a long time. I also felt that her rates were very reasonable for the quality and quantity. I would use Kelly again…only this time for my baby!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thank you Megan! I was honored to photograph another beautiful wedding for your fantastic family. Always love seeing your fun family! :)

Julie · Married on 10/16/2010

Kelly is top notch! I chose her for the style and quality of her work and found that her service and professionalism can't be beat. She truly captured our personalities and the spirit of our wedding day.

Sent on 08/19/2011

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Oh thank you so much!! :)

Christine · Married on 08/28/2010

Kelly Vasami was fabulous all around! She captured our wedding day beautifully! As the bride, I felt like I had a friend by my side. She is lovely, professional, and down right fun too! Our guests enjoyed her as well. When you hire Kelly - you are getting Kelly. There is something significant to be said about spending so much one-on-one time with the actual photographer who is shooting your wedding. You build a level or comfort and trust that helps make your day run smooth and effortlessly. Kelly knew my vision and she helped us remember it forever with her gorgeous pictures! After our wedding, Kelly went above and beyond to help us make our dream wedding album. Everything she sends you before and/or after your wedding is so beautifully wrapped and presented with so much love and care. Whether it be your initial contract, engagement picture prints, or your final album. She makes you feel so special. If you love elegant details- Kelly is the girl for you! We will treasure the handwritten note she sent along with our wedding album. Her words proved how well she knew us as a couple and how genuinely happy she was to be a part of our day. I highly recommend Kelly to any couple who wants to work with the best!
    Christine & Michael Dowd

Sent on 08/25/2011

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thank you Christine! I'm so glad I was able to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! It's always my goal to feel more like a trusted friend than a vendor on your most important day.

Emily · Married on 06/26/2010

Kelly was such a pleasure to work with before, during and after the big day. She really makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera, even during the formal shots, which can sometimes feel awkward. She made sure to get all of the pictures I requested yet did so in a way that let us enjoy the day at the same time. Her photos came out gorgeous and I cannot thank her enough.

Sent on 07/19/2010

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thank you Emily! It was a pleasure to be a part of your beautiful wedding plans. I'm still in awe of your awesome wedding shoes! ;)

Stefanie · Married on 06/12/2010

If you are looking for a wonderfully warm photographer who has the ability to beautifully capture ALL of the small details and heartfelt moments of your special day, don't look any further. From my first meeting with Kelly I knew that she had to photograph our wedding. She really gets to know you as a couple and makes the process as stress free as possible. Anytime that I had questions, Kelly responded quickly. I couldn't recommend her more highly. She is AMAZING. Our wedding day wouldn't have been the same without her. Not just because she took fabulous photos, but because she is a joy to work with. We didn't stop laughing!

Take a look at her website, I promise that you will be blown away! All of my friends and family can't stop raving about out wedding pictures. The hardest part will be picking out your favorite photos!

THANK you Kelly for everything!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness Stef thank you so much! I'm blushing from your kind words! You and Lenny had the most amazingly fun wedding! Didn't want to leave at the end of the night! :)

Stefanie · Married on 06/12/2010

If you are looking for a wonderfully warm photographer who has the ability to beautifully capture all of the small details and heartfelt moments of your special day, don't look any further. From my first meeting with Kelly I knew that she had to photograph my wedding. She really gets to know you as a couple and makes the process as stress free as possible. Anytime that I had questions, Kelly responded quickly. Take a look at her website, I promise that you will be blown away! The hardest part will be picking out your favorite photos!

Sent on 07/15/2010

Thanks so much Stef!! :)

Marisa · Married on 05/22/2010

Kelly was AMAZING!! She has the most beautiful, artistic eye and photographed my wedding beautifully. I couldn't ask for more gorgeous shots and she picked up on the details that I missed on our wedding day. I couldn't recommend her more or speak more highly of her--she truly is phenomenal. We also had an engagement session included in our package and we got to know her during the session; those pictures are gorgeous as well!!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Thank you Marisa! Your wedding was so beautiful and glamorous and special. It was wonderful to be a part of your special day!

Julie · Married on 10/24/2009

Awesome, amazing photos and quality of service!

Sent on 11/20/2009

Kelly Vasami Photography's reply:

Awh thank you Julie! You and Rafael are the best!